Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? (14291 Views)

Did Jesus Have A Favourite Apostle? / The First Ever Female Apostle In West Africa. / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
blueAgent:

No wonder , you just exposed yourself ,you are a member of Jehovah witness, I have been arguing with a cultist.

Now I see, your founder locked your brains and decides for you guys what to believe or not.

Don't quote me again I cannot waste my time on unreasonable naive ppl.

Just listen to yourself talk....you lack common sense oga.

I'm not even a j wit ....you refuse to answer sensible questions instead referencing bible verses that doesn't relate to the issues at hand.

I have dealt with you messilesly so run off to your pastor to continue deceiving you. grin grin
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2022
ezechi242:

Just listen to yourself talk....you lack common sense oga.

I'm not even a j wit ....you refuse to answer sensible questions instead referencing bible verses that doesn't relate to the issues at hand.

I have dealt with you messilesly so run off to your pastor to continue deceiving you. grin grin

You dealt with yourself not me.

I can argue with someone who is unreasonable.

I have shown yiu several verses that showed that the man Jesus existed, was involved,was mentioned in the old testament and was know by all the great men ,believers and prophets of old.

You could not disprove it and you are asking me to answer a baseless stupid question.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 1:12am On Nov 03, 2022
blueAgent:

You dealt with yourself not me.

I can argue with someone who is unreasonable.

I have shown yiu several verses that showed that the man Jesus existed, was involved,was mentioned in the old testament and was know by all the great men ,believers and prophets of old.

You could not disprove it and you are asking me to answer a baseless stupid question.

You are lame oga ....you are just a pained pastor that doesn't know his job, why are you angry you met someone you cant manipulate with your pulpit lies ....abeg shift. grin
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by atheistconverta: 5:31am On Nov 03, 2022
awakmfon03:

Oh I now understand you but you actually quoted me out of context. I did not say Paul is my favorite, I only quoted a verse in the scripture where the Corinthians were contesting who their Apostle was.

You see the word FAVORITE is an English word with meaning that has to do with preference (over something or someone) Christ Jesus didn't prefer any of his apostle over another. The fact that some apostles were very close to Him didn't mean He prefers them over others.

In Matthew 13 Jesus was teaching on the planting of good seed (Believers) by a farmer (Christ) and the enemy (the devil) came in and planted bad seeds (false convert). Note these bad seeds (wolves in sheep clothing) were NEVER believers but were planted among TRUE believers to corrupt them. And those are the ones Christ will weed out of his kingdom and not the ones He planted that were GOOD SEEDS.
Thanks for your time
It appears you're the one actually conflating things here because "favourite" in this case means who someone likes most and not in the way you've chosen to interpret it. If you claim you don't know that Jesus had an apostle He liked the most, then it may because you chose not to know because the Bible clearly stated this on several occasions, and this is not just about who was close to Him but who He liked most or loved. John 21:20 If you also say you don't have an apostle you like the most, you'd be only lying to yourself because it's obvious you do, so also does everyone else.
Another thing, this is not about belonging to one apostleor the other as was the case of Apollos and Paul, because that is wrong as everyone of the church ought to belong to Christ, but liking someone more than the other is acceptable as Christ showed on this occasion, and God has also shown severally in the past times, it's therefore wrong to confuse the two because they're different.
As for your doctrine of grace which undermines the importance of works in one's salvation, I believe it's antichrist but I wouldn't want to go down that road with you, if it's your choice, you can believe whatever you want. I have said mine. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by sonmvayina(m): 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2022
If Gospel is fake and made up, then why did the apostles of Jesus give up their lives for it?

Because the stories of the apostles of Jesus giving up their lives certainly are fiction. These stories were, in part, intended to convince early Christians how dedicated were the very people who had supposedly known Jesus and, in part, to associate the martyrdom and fame of individual apostles with individual cities where they were supposedly martyred. So the stories of the martyrdom of the apostles are groundless. They were meant to impress a less educated and more gullible generation.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2022
ezechi242:

You are lame oga ....you are just a pained pastor that doesn't know his job, why are you angry you met someone you cant manipulate with your pulpit lies ....abeg shift. grin

See clown.

Am not a pastor in any way, am just someone who is passionate for the truth.

Secondly you are just ingnorant and arrogant 2 deadly combinations.

You could not disprove the fact that the man Jesus was mentioned in other names in the old testament and was always present.

Am sure you do not know the meaning of the name Jesus or christainity.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2022
blueAgent:

See clown.

Am not a pastor in any way, am just someone who is passionate for the truth.

Secondly you are just ingnorant and arrogant 2 deadly combinations.

You could not disprove the fact that the man Jesus was mentioned in other names in the old testament and was always present.

Am sure you do not know the meaning of the name Jesus or christainity.

Ogs you have totally failed if it was an exam ...thank God you are not a pastor cuz your members would be so clueless about the bible, you couldn't even pin point a verse where the name Jesus was mentioned instead you are showing me the name, I asked you who knew that the name Jesus Christ would exist in the time of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob you are here telling me stories that doesn't add up grin grin.

Because I finish you now I am arrogant na wa o.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2022
ezechi242:

Ogs you have totally failed if it was an exam ...thank God you are not a pastor cuz your members would be so clueless about the bible, you couldn't even pin point a verse where the name Jesus was mentioned instead you are showing me the name, I asked you who knew that the name Jesus Christ would exist in the time of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob you are here telling me stories that doesn't add up grin grin.

Because I finish you now I am arrogant na wa o.

You so dumb and craftly.

See how you are deviating the topic so as to hide your naivety, the arguments at hand was, weather the old testament prophets and followers of God can also be referred to as Christians and not weather Jesus was named in the old testament.

I have defined what christainity is, and by its definition all the old testament prophets and ppl who obeyed God can also be called Christians.

I have also shown examples that Jesus was known to many old testament prophets and ppl who also abided to his teachings,you have not be able to disprove my points.

Instead You are here asking stupid questions,.

Is the name Jesus the most important thing that qualify one as a christains or is it obedience to Jesus's teachings?

Please don't quote me again.

I don't have time for foolish, arrogant fools.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by gohf: 11:55am On Nov 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Apostle Thomas. Guy asked for proof and Jesus gave it to him but when I ask for proof I'm told to trust it's true and act like it's true that I should put full trust in a book written by man and had been written, rewritten , revised, rewritten , translated , retranslated, reretranslated, translated again , had some words removed, had some words added, revised again, then a council decided the parts that are worthy and those that aren't, then revised again , retranslated, reretranslated, handed over to my ancestors by their pink skinned slavemasters, translated again, retranslated again and finally passed on to me.
lmao u want to compare yourself with Thomas? Did God call you like He did Thomas, that He should prove Himself to you?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2022
gohf:
lmao u want to compare yourself with Thomas? Did God call you like He did Thomas, that He should prove Himself to you?

The point was that Thomas despite being "called" by God, interacted with Jesus and witnessed his powers still had doubts that Jesus rose from the dead. what does Jesus do then? he gave him proof despite all the advantages Thomas already had.

why is this same God ignoring my asking for proof when he gave Thomas proof? don't you think this is huge partiality?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

The point was that Thomas despite being "called" by God, interacted with Jesus and witnessed his powers still had doubts that Jesus rose from the dead. what does Jesus do then? he gave him proof despite all the advantages Thomas already had.
why is this same God ignoring my asking for proof when he gave Thomas proof? don't you think this is huge partiality?

Thomas followed Jesus through thick and thin, suffered humiliation along with other disciples been mocked by the first century Jewish people, preached and taught in all his area about Jesus proving that Jesus is the Christ, stayed with Jesus when most disciples left , and continued with Jesus' group even after he knew Jesus has been brutally killed and he was with them.

YES! Thomas was faithful that's why Jesus did everything manly possible to save his faithful friend but as for faithless people they don't worth anything before God so they aren't going to see any sign! Matthew 16:4 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by gohf: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

the point is, if God called you won't he prove Himself to you?

Thomas had a privilege, do you have it. No come dey compare urself, maybe one day God will prove Himself to you at that time know that you have become valuable to Him grin
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by hopefulLandlord: 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2022
gohf:

Thomas had a privilege, do you have it. No come dey compare urself, maybe one day God will prove Himself to you at that time know that you have become valuable to Him grin

until he proves himself which I'm pretty certain he can't as he doesn't exist

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:02am On Nov 05, 2022
gohf:

Misinformed churchgoers, you're the ones giving this people problems. God won't prove anything to faithless people! Matthew 16:4 smiley
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by ezechi242: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2022
blueAgent:

You so dumb and craftly.

See how you are deviating the topic so as to hide your naivety, the arguments at hand was, weather the old testament prophets and followers of God can also be referred to as Christians and not weather Jesus was named in the old testament.

I have defined what christainity is, and by its definition all the old testament prophets and ppl who obeyed God can also be called Christians.

I have also shown examples that Jesus was known to many old testament prophets and ppl who also abided to his teachings,you have not be able to disprove my points.

Instead You are here asking stupid questions,.

Is the name Jesus the most important thing that qualify one as a christains or is it obedience to Jesus's teachings?

Please don't quote me again.

I don't have time for foolish, arrogant fools.

see the way body dey bite you because you met some one that has messed you up in every way grin grin grin.

you can only be what you know, how could abraham be a christian and you just said christianity is about obedience to the teachings of jesus.
did jesus teach in the time of abraham?

i'm not sure you accumulate properly so shift, more over you are the one being arrogant here because i never abused nor insulted you, oga christian my foot, you think its all about going to church.

traditional worshipers and atheist are far better than 97% of you christians spits.
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2022
ezechi242:

see the way body dey bite you because you met some one that has messed you up in every way grin grin grin.

you can only be what you know, how could abraham be a christian and you just said christianity is about obedience to the teachings of jesus.

i'm not sure you accumulate properly so shift, more over you are the one being arrogant here because i never abused nor insulted you, oga christian my foot, you think its all about going to church.

traditional worshipers and atheist are far better than 97% of you christians spits.

Wow!!!! Are this dumb?

You just proved you know nothing about christainity and the Bible.

I think your problem is comprehension coupled with low IQ and arrogance.

Am not pained in anyway, am only baffled at the fact that you can be so ingnorant and arrogant at the same time, at something that is obvious to a kid.

Am not suppose to respond to you but For the sake of clarity.

And what are the teachings of Christ, were Christ's teachings different from what God expected from us or the ppl in the old testament?
Is there any were in the Bible that Jesus taught or gave new teachings different from what God has always demand from man?

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Is there any were in the Bible that Jesus said he came to do his own will or teachings rather than that of the father, God?

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Did Jesus come to earth as a mediator for himself or to mediate between God and Man?

If Abraham does not qualify as a Christian who then would qualify?

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

What is christ teachings if not obedience to God's commandments which Abraham did with faith.
Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

If Paul gave Abraham, Moses,Isaac,David,Jacob e.t.c and many other old testament ppl as ppl who lived by faith and obeyed God, What makes them different from christains?
Do you know more than Paul? If Paul could use them as examples of ppl we should emulate.

Do you even have common sense
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by blueAgent(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2022
ezechi242:

All this great ppl were given to us as ppl who have faith and obeyed the commandments of God.

That's what christainity is all about.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promisedwink

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Hebrews 11:20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

Hebrews 11:21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

Hebrews 11:22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

Hebrews 11:23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

Hebrews 11:24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

Hebrews 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
Hebrews 11:28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

Hebrews 11:29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Hebrews 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Hebrews 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by gohf: 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

until he proves himself which I'm pretty certain he can't as he doesn't exist
lol if u are certain why u come dey waste your time.

Anyway u can claim to be certain of things your know nothing about because your knowledge is limited.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by gohf: 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Misinformed churchgoers, you're the ones giving this people problems. God won't prove anything to faithless people! Matthew 16:4 smiley
you are smiling accusing someone falsely are you the accuser of the brethren shocked because isnt he the only one who will accuse other falsely and be smiling about it undecided
Re: Which Is Your Favourite Apostle In The Bible? by civboy: 2:06am On Mar 13, 2023
The post was very edifying, God bless you!

Indeed, in a house, the master can set up many vases to different uses, and the Lord truly consecrated the apostle John as one of the most glorious vessels. John will make it abundantly clear to you that eternal life is all about obeying the Lord and John will lead you into contemplating who Jesus is. And that's the earnest of Christianity: knowing Christ and living him.

What I learned from the apostle John: (1) Don't think that ministry is about rushing to do as many things as possible, sit down in the secrete room and take time to know your God, to contemplate him, to get some intimacy with him, to wait on his revelation, to align your life with his will and commandments, be in love with him first, let him become personal to you, and let your heart become wholly genuine to him, and then being aligned with him like this will guide you into serving him spiritually, in a way that truly produces fruit, eternal fruit. (2) God truly wants us to become copies of Jesus; the earnest of Christianity is about contemplating who Jesus is and becoming that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reasons Scholars Know Jesus Christ Never Existed / How Far Supposed Pastor Can Go In Maligning Character Of Prophet Fufeyin? / Do Dreams Tell The Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.