Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires (10479 Views)

How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye / God Sees Your Heart Desires, He Knows Your Needs !!! / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by DeepSight(m): 10:53am On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:

This is just really appalling

No wonder I get the guilt whenever I wanna pray I hear a voice in my head saying "don't waste your time, your prayers won't get answered" cos "the prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto the Lord"

Then you start to wonder why then did jesus say I didn't come for the saint but for the condemned

Mehn you people make things so complicated

Don't confuse yourself. If God does not hear the prayers of sinners then God does not hear any prayers at all for all men are sinners.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by zrealjaheal: 11:07am On Oct 30, 2022
DeepSight:

Don't confuse yourself. If God does not hear the prayers of sinners then God does not hear any prayers at all for all men are sinners.

That is one voice I need to shut out in my head. Makes prayer very difficult. The voice keeps saying "you are just wasting your time"

I got to notice something that whatever I pray for I don't get.

Maybe dtruthspeaker is right afterall
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by seunmind44: 11:12am On Oct 30, 2022
Poppia:
Appeal! Appeal!!
Please I'm about to miss out some test due to lack of fund.
I was in abuja to hustle due to strike but everything got jeopardize due to constant raining (construction site) and the unexpected suspension of strike, no work no savings.
Now I'm stuck in Yola and can't travel back to school ( university of Maiduguri),
I'm just stranded and don't know what to do.
I has never been bad to me like this time around. Yola to Maiduguri is 6500.
I will ever be grateful if you can support me come of this
please send your account details here
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Poppia: 11:20am On Oct 30, 2022
seunmind44:
please send your account details here

Edited
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by DeepSight(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:

That is one voice I need to shut out in my head. Makes prayer very difficult. The voice keeps saying "you are just wasting your time"

I am trying to be very careful with what I say to you because I am not religious myself and for many years never prayed. I am still completely irreligious. All I will say to you is please follow your gut instinct. If you don't feel like praying, don't pray. If you feel like praying, do. Whatever you do, just follow your heart and your gut. They scarcely lie, and where they do, they will self correct over time.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:

It is A Law!

God puts sinners on mute.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by wirinet(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2022
DeepSight:

Why didn't you use the USA in your example.
Because the USA is a peculiar case. Their brand of Christianity is very materialistic and makes acquisition of wealth a doctrine. Besides, a huge percentage of the wealth is created by atheists and non religious people. Of the 10 riches men in the US only a couple are religious.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2022
DeepSight:

I am trying to be very careful with what I say to you because I am not religious myself and for many years never prayed. I am still completely irreligious. All I will say to you is please follow your gut instinct. If you don't feel like praying, don't pray. If you feel like praying, do. Whatever you do, just follow your heart and your gut. They scarcely lie, and where they do, they will self correct over time.

What you are saying is "follow , your spirit and using the power of Nature to rule you".

And Nature is God and God is Nature and God is Good, therefore, He allows some little good things to flow to people from there, which is where most people live under. But those little goods are greatly insufficient like giving a hungry man a spoon of food.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by zrealjaheal: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is A Law!

God puts sinners on mute.

How then can a sinner be unmute(d) .. and do you mean to tell me those saints whose heart desires haven't been granted God also placed their prayers on mute. Or prolly someone who is suppose to be omnipresent and omnipotent is too busy cherry picking what saint to grant their heart desire

(Like i said you folks make things too complicated) but i am here to learn
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Franking: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2022
Stop chasing shadows and focus on reality.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 11:37am On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:

How then can a sinner be unmute(d) .. and do you mean to tell me those saints whose heart desires haven't been granted God also placed their prayers on mute. Or prolly someone who is suppose to be omnipresent and omnipotent is too busy cherry picking what saint to grant their heart desire

(Like i said you folks make things too complicated) but i am here to learn

Follow The Law! Hear 2 or 2

Jeremiah 7:23

“But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.”

Psalm 34:15
The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

That is The Only Good Way! All other ways are sinking sand.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by DeepSight(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
wirinet:

Because the USA is a peculiar case. Their brand of Christianity is very materialistic and makes acquisition of wealth a doctrine. Besides, a huge percentage of the wealth is created by atheists and non religious people. Of the 10 riches men in the US only a couple are religious.

When Europe conquered the world it was under the banners of its religion.
It wasnt modern atheistic Europe that conquered the world, it was a very religious Europe.
That same Europe was also largely responsible for the renaissance, the industrial revolution and many strides in science and social engineering.
I am also pretty sure that the existence of universities owes much to Churches in Europe.

I am sure I am rambling a little off point, but the point is one cannot so clinically divorce faith from progress.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
Kingstanding:
You mean God does not hear the prayer?
It means you are going to wrong church or having a man of God who doors not teach you the true gospel? If you are not a sinner it means Jesus Christ did not died fire your sin. Are you not a sinner? We are all sinner it's just that we are under his Grace.

So because we all sinned, you think therefore God has no choice but to answer our prayers? You are not serious

God does not change and He is not The One Who is supposed to change.

So it is us who have to change and some of us have tried to and we have the results of our attempt, which is the harvesting of what The Lord did indeed promise.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
kennyz247:

and some conked sinners are busy enjoying their lives to the fullness,buy cars,houses, traveling from one country to another with ease and the saints are there begging for just wat to eat..
ds life no just balance aswear..

Anyone who is begging bread is not a saint. It is impossible for a saint to live through begging. I know this first hand, so I do confirm what David Said, "I have never seen the righteous beg bread". Psalm 37:25
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by zrealjaheal: 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Anyone who is begging bread is not a saint. It is impossible for a saint to live through begging. I know this first hand, so I do confirm what David Said, "I have never seen the righteous beg bread". Psalm 37:25

I will tell you a short story this always happened to me.

There was a particular time I got so fed up of live. I had lost everything so out of shame I decided to leave the house without telling anyone where I was headed to. As anyone matter of fact I didn't know where the road was going to even take me to.

Somehow I found myself on a prayer mountain yorubas call it ORI OKE. stayed there for almost 6 months if not more than.

Met a particular man of God there he was like the assistance pastor of that prayer ground.

This dude was prayerful and I wanna believe to my understanding he was doing the WILL of God but things were really tough for him. And by tough he had a kid who was suffering from down syndrome. He prays morning afternoon and night. Still it feels like god wasn't really answering his prayers. People come to him and he gets delivers them through the help of God

Now my question is YOU WANNA TELL ME YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE RIGHTEOUS BEG FOR BREAD BEFORE?

Please enlighten me. Is that most of these pastors ain't really doing the will of God or what..
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Marley125: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
MITCHELL96:
My prayer is for God to make the embassy grant me visa to play my football, my visa was denied 3 years ago and it wasn't funny at all.

did you fast about it. By making out time for the prayer asking God to show you the way out
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Please enlighten me. Is that most of these pastors ain't really doing the will of God or what..

The fruit proves the tree.

We all see their activities and it is far from what God instructed. If they were truly from God, then they would not be willing to raise a church.

People are not able to bear and endure righteous people so who will go to their churches? No one.

So, the churches you see are just business ventures
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by zrealjaheal: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The fruit proves the tree.

We all see their activities and it is far from what God instructed. If they were truly from God, then they would not be willing to raise a church.

People are not able to bear and endure righteous people so who will go to their churches? No one.

So, the churches you see are just business ventures

This place ain't really a church it is an open prayer ground like anyone could walk and pray and stay for any long as you want.

I wouldn't say this particular pastor was actually turning the place to a business venture.

That aside
Are you trying to tell me that; that pastor wasn't actually doing the will of God that is why things WERE so tough for him(used WERE instead of IS cos I don't know his current state)

Marley125:
did you fast about it. By making out time for the prayer asking God to show you the way out

Did you fast?

Why are you people always doing this.. what if after fasting and it didn't still work for him

Then you folks will come with

"For everything there is a reason... There is season for everything"
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Marley125: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

You seem to be a very shallow person. The World that we live in is very deep. There are both physical powers and Spiritual powers ruling our world.
Hence to succeed in our world, we need to be favoured by these two categories of powers. Hard Work will only make us to activate the favours from these powers. Hence any one working hard without first getting the favour from these powers will end up in frustration.
Prayer is necessary because through it you can communicate with the Spiritual powers ruling this world. Christians pray to the Almighty God.
However many people also pray to Satan, Fallen Angels and Demons. They need the support of these powers to fulfill their heart desires. That is the reason most of leaders belong to Occults.
When you see a man with no interest in Spiritual issues succeding , it is either his parents have done the spiritual works for him or the grace of God is on him so as to make him appreciate the love of God for him.
However this Grace will expire if the man continue to believe that his success is by his own power.
this info is awesome. I will also de needing help I have been battling with the spirits from the water they refused to let me go I have been fasting & praying over it. It has not been easy do you have any suggestion for me thanks
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Mamijoh(f): 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
MITCHELL96:
My prayer is for God to make the embassy grant me visa to play my football, my visa was denied 3 years ago and it wasn't funny at all.

May it be so in Jesus name, Amen
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Marley125: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:

This place ain't really a church it is an open prayer ground like anyone could walk and pray and stay for any long as you want.

I wouldn't say this particular pastor was actually turning the place to a business venture.

That aside
Are you trying to tell me that; that pastor wasn't actually doing the will of God that is why things WERE so tough for him(used WERE instead of IS cos I don't know his current state)

Did you fast?

Why are you people always doing this.. what if after fasting and it didn't still work for him

Then you folks will come with

"For everything there is a reason... There is season for everything"

my dear this life you're seeing is so deep more than our understanding. Sometimes it take extra effort to Know where you're & what's holding you down
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Kingstanding: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

So because we all sinned, you think therefore God has no choice but to answer our prayers? You are not serious

God does not change and He is not The One Who is supposed to change.

So it is us who have to change and some of us have tried to and we have the results of our attempt, which is the harvesting of what The Lord did indeed promise.
. Well done deputy Jesus. Can you stay in one our without committing sin? You hypocrite. That's how they will be saying they are Christian where as they are devil incarnate. Can someone live in this Nigeria without committing sin? Hypocrite of highest other. Jesus is Lord.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by zrealjaheal: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
Marley125:
my dear this life you're seeing is so deep more than our understanding. Sometimes it take extra effort to Know where you're & what's holding you down

Marley

The bible said work and pray

I have worked no pay

I have prayed no answer

Can you kindly tell me where I went wrong in all these doings
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by wirinet(m): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
DeepSight:

When Europe conquered the world it was under the banners of its religion.
It wasnt modern atheistic Europe that conquered the world, it was a very religious Europe.

That's because conquest is a religious thing. It's usually a tool to steal other peoples land
resources and enslave other people. The Arabia, Middle East and Africa was also conquered under the guise of religion. Non religious societies have no incentives to conquer and subjugate other people.

That same Europe was also largely responsible for the renaissance, the industrial revolution and many strides in science and social engineering.
I am also pretty sure that the existence of universities owes much to Churches in Europe.
The Renaissance was an anti establishment religious movement. It started with questioning the Catholic Church and embracing humanism as a philosophy.
The Renaissance led to the beginning of the age of reason, where the very foundation of Christianity was being questioned. This lead to the age of science and discovery. The church was against these developments and advancements and actually persecuted the early pioneers and thinkers.

I am sure I am rambling a little off point, but the point is one cannot so clinically divorce faith from progress.
Some faith is beneficial to progress but the Boko Haram type or the Christian fundamentalist type is antithetical to development.

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
Shadysen:
i want God to draw me close to him
i am a sinner man
i need him.
God said, " trust and obey me...", yet in response you say instead , " only if you will make me...". Don't you see problem with that your prayer? undecided

Do what God says to do - Obey God first, and then see whatHe will do. undecided
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by DeepSight(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
wirinet:

Non religious societies have no incentives to conquer and subjugate other people.

Oh really, like Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia and co? I hear you.

The Renaissance was an anti establishment religious movement. It started with questioning the Catholic Church and embracing humanism as a philosophy.
The Renaissance led to the beginning of the age of reason, where the very foundation of Christianity was being questioned. This lead to the age of science and discovery. The church was against these developments and advancements and actually persecuted the early pioneers and thinkers.

Fair enough but please be careful not to conflate the Renaissance and the Reformation. The Renaissance involved art, science, philosophical thinking ... And many priests were involved. In fact many scientists were priests.

And you went silent on the role of the Church with education, particularly with Universities.

Some faith is beneficial to progress but the Boko Haram type or the Christian fundamentalist type is antithetical to development.

I am sure you know you don't need to tell me this.

Summary of what I am trying to say is that atheists denounce religion and faith as being antithetical to progress but a greater degree of human progress has been hinged on religions and faiths than the atheist would like to admit. From the role of the Church in Europe to the many scientific breakthroughs of the golden age of Islam to the tempering roles of Oriental faiths, religion and faith have played a far bigger role in mankind's growth and evolution into the advancement of today than most atheists would care to admit.

1 Like

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by MikeofAfrica: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
Marley125:
this info is awesome. I will also de needing help I have been battling with the spirits from the water they refused to let me go I have been fasting & praying over it. It has not been easy do you have any suggestion for me thanks

I was once a captive of Marine Spirits hence I understand your problem.
First, you have to understand that Marine powers target people with Great Destiny. They go after big fishes. Hence for them to torment you means that you were born to be great in this world.

Secondly, before Marine Spirits can hold a person captive, they will have a covenant with such person. The covenant can either be direct or indirect.

Indirect covenants are more common. They are covenants entered on our behalfs by our parents or ancestors. For instance, Abraham entered a covenant with God which made his great grand- son, Levi, to become a priest.

Some of our ancestors entered covenants with Marine powers while seeking for protections and prosperity. The Marine powers are today taking advantage of these covenants to torment their seeds on Earth.

Hence before we can be free from Marine Spirits, we need to ask questions about our linages. We need to Break all covenants linking us to the Marine Kingdom through Prayer.

This means that we will also have to learn the kind of Prayers and Spiritual weapons that will defeat the Marine Kingdom. One of such weapon is the Voice of God ( Psalm 29).

Then our Sexual history can also provide a direct covenant between us and Marine Spirit. If we had sex with prostitutes while an unbeliever, then we might have sleep with someone possess with Marine Spirits.

These Marine Spirits will torment us until we receive deliverance from God. To activate this deliverance, our Spirit Man needs to become Spiritually stronger than Marine Spirits.

This can be achieve through reading of the Word of God, reiceving the baptism of the Holy Spirit, attending a Spiritually sound Church, participating in deliverance sessions and personal warfare prayers.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by FarmTech(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nice share. God doesn't like selfish people or those who glory in vanity.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
Kingstanding:
. Well done deputy Jesus. Can you stay in one our without committing sin? You hypocrite. That's how they will be saying they are Christian where as they are devil incarnate. Can someone live in this Nigeria without committing sin? Hypocrite of highest other. Jesus is Lord.

I am in this same countrywhere you people pursue pride and , sexual recklessness, money, covetousness etc I went the other way of avoiding pride, women and learning to keep God in front of my eyes so that He would hear my prayers and bless me.

And all these hunger and joblessness and crazy rents I foresaw them coming and I would be among your numbers saying "God does not answer prayers" not knowing that I am the one who hated myself.

So, drude, hate on and keep on complaining instead of "Obeying", it won't change my good living for the more you people cry the more I run to The Lord with thanksgiving seeing all that He has saved me from.

Hillsong lyrics.
Your eye is on the sparrow
And Your hand, it comforts me
From the ends of the earth to the depth of my heart
Let Your mercy and strength be seen
You call me to Your purpose
As angels understand
For Your glory, may You draw all men
As Your love and grace demands

And I will run to You
To Your words of truth
Not by might, not by power
But by the Spirit of God
Yes, I will run the race
'Til I see Your face
Oh, let me live in the glory of Your grace
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Marley125: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
zrealjaheal:

Marley

The bible said work and pray

I have worked no pay

I have prayed no answer

Can you kindly tell me where I went wrong in all these doings
my dear pls push harder more do it like you have got no other option. How do I mean keep fasting & praying if possible include midnight prayers always do it for like three months with seriousness let's see how far. Two things are involved it's either the problem is reviewed by God or it will come & present it's self to you then another thing is how to get the solution may God help us
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by wirinet(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
DeepSight:

Oh really, like Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia and co? I hear you.

I hope you are not insinuating that Hitler or the Nazi party were atheists. Hitler and Nazi Germany identify themselves as Christians even though they have major disagreements with the Catholic Church.

Fair enough but please be careful not to conflate the Renaissance and the Reformation. The Renaissance involved art, science, philosophical thinking ... And many priests were involved. In fact many scientists were priests.
Agreed. But the Renaissance was kick started by the questioning of the absolute authority of the Catholic Church in terms of doctrine and philosophy.

And you went silent on the role of the Church with education, particularly with Universities.
That means I have no disagreement with the role the Church played in the establishment of universities. Just like I do not dispute the importance of monastries whether Buddhist monastries in the advancement of knowledge in China and India. Same with Islam of the Middle ages.

I am sure you know you don't need to tell me this.

Summary of what I am trying to say is that atheists denounce religion and faith as being antithetical to progress but a greater degree of human progress has been hinged on religions and faiths than the atheist would like to admit. From the role of the Church in Europe to the many scientific breakthroughs of the golden age of Islam to the tempering roles of Oriental faiths, religion and faith have played a far bigger role in mankind's growth and evolution into the advancement of today than most atheists would care to admit.

So what happened? Why has the Church become anti science and anti knowledge. Why has Christianity gone back to the dark ages and started discouraging science and acquisition of knowledge. Why is Christianity now promoting ignorance. Ignorance like flat earth, geocentric universe, etc. Why is Christianity against the well establish fact of evolution (Charles Darwin was a Catholic priest).

This is why I say that religion (particularly Christianity and Islam is antithetical to progress and development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Decoding The Visions In The Book Of Daniel (Islam in the Bible) / How Does One Attain Sexual Purity? / Strategies For Dialoguing With Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.