Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires (10425 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / God Sees Your Heart Desires, He Knows Your Needs !!! / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Expose You To Great Dangers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by NickNoble: 7:26am On Oct 30, 2022
TODAY’S VERSE
“May he grant your heart’s desires and make all your plans succeed.” Psalms 20:4 (NLT)

TODAY’S THOUGHT
At first glance this verse sounds like it came straight from a Chinese Fortune Cookie factory. You read it and think, “Did I see this on a success motivation poster?” But then, if you take the time to remember that this is God’s word, you start to meditate on this phrase and find that it is full of deep meaning.

First I stop to think about the responsibility this verse puts on me as a person who dreams and has desires. When is the last time I desired a God-sized desire? What have I desired that would be worthy of God’s consideration, let alone His blessing? What do I want to see happen that would possibly be aligned with the will of God?

More than desire, what have I spent time on and planned for the Kingdom of God? What success am I asking for that would be worthy of God’s favor? Finally, who will get the glory if our desires came true and our plans succeeded? God put you and I here to live for Him. He wants us to use our heart to desire great and mighty things for Him. We are His ambassadors and He chooses to live His will through our lives. Let us plan and desire with all our heart great and mighty things for His Glory.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, birth in my heart a desire to do Your will with my life. Give me a dream. Give me a passion. And then Father, help these desires, passions and dreams turn into a plan. Might the plan become a reality, through Your mighty power and for Your Glory and honor. In Jesus Name.
AMEN

TODAY’S AFFIRMATION & MEDITATION
God helps me with my desires
Quiet your heart before God. Ask Him, “Lord, what do you want me to do with my life? What should I desire? Sit quiet before God and let Him speak to you.

Meditate on living for Him. Let Him birth passion and desire in your heart. Say, “Lord, I want to do your will, give me a dream. Birth a desire and purpose in me.” Spend a few moments before Him and purpose to do this over and over as God build a dream into your heart.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Poppia: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2022
Appeal! Appeal!!
Please I'm about to miss out some test due to lack of fund.
I was in abuja to hustle due to strike but everything got jeopardize due to constant raining (construction site) and the unexpected suspension of strike, no work no savings.
Now I'm stuck in Yola and can't travel back to school ( university of Maiduguri),
I'm just stranded and don't know what to do.
I has never been bad to me like this time around. Yola to Maiduguri is 6500.
I will ever be grateful if you can support me come of this

2 Likes

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by hopefulLandlord: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2022
Work hard to make your heart desires come to pass. praying is a futile attempt. there's been no single study that points to prayer being useful. Templeton Foundation (a religious group) ran a study and found out prayers are useless

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2022
God does not hear the prayers of sinners, so their desire can not come to pass.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Tokskob2008: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Lol..... It will surprise you that most "sinners" get their desires better and faster than the "saints".

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Dtruthspeaker: 8:46am On Oct 30, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Lol..... It will surprise you that most "sinners" get their desires better and faster than the "saints".

Not most a few! (I know the who's you have in mind)

And these ones are in one of God's many traps for He makes all their gettings tasteless and even horrible acquisitions such that even though they are rich and all, yet they lack and want

Which is why you they suffer depression and are more suicidal than even poor people.

Therefore, in the end, they are exactly as the poor and hungry only suffering a different type of suffering which the poor can not know until they wear that shoe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by MITCHELL96: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2022
My prayer is for God to make the embassy grant me visa to play my football, my visa was denied 3 years ago and it wasn't funny at all.

8 Likes

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Crusadee: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2022
grin
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by fiercehillz(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2022
Inspirational.

Thanks for this
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by obinna58(m): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2022
You don't have the ability to grant yourself your desires then stop having on something you don't see.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Shadysen: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2022
i want God to draw me close to him
i am a sinner man
i need him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by HomeTutorsPro: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2022
Ok..
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2022
May God grant all my heart desires in Jesus name.

Amen.

5 Likes

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by gabemuyi: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2022
My dear there are far more factors that determine these things if not those ppl ringing bell every morning, preaching in motor parks would have their desire answered.

1 Like

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Jack3403: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2022
T
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2022
my dream is to be a minister of God in same mould of Oyedepo, Oyakhilome ...

3 Likes

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by justicechichex: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2022
God only grants our desires only when they are in line with his will. (1John 5:14)

6 Likes

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by zrealjaheal: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2022
God granting my desire is just to get something to eat

A starved man can even think of serving God. God had to send ravens to elijah in the wilderness when he saw he needed strength to move on and serve him

Someone please show me love

justicechichex:
God only grants our desires only when they are in line with his will. (1John 5:14)

Meaning this comment under is wrong? Or maybe those people the poster listed ain't in line with God's will?

gabemuyi:
My dear there are far more factors that determine these things if not those ppl ringing bell every morning, preaching in motor parks would have their desire answered.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by DropsMic(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2022
Let him secure Nigeria. That’s my heart desire

2 Likes

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Nonychinonso(m): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2022
May God grant me my heart Amen
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by phemmyfour: 9:29am On Oct 30, 2022
He doesn't grant ALL heart desires especially the ones that can harm you
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by MikeofAfrica: 9:45am On Oct 30, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Work hard to make your heart desires come to pass. praying is a futile attempt. there's been no single study that points to prayer being useful. Templeton Foundation (a religious group) ran a study and found out prayers are useless

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

You seem to be a very shallow person. The World that we live in is very deep. There are both physical powers and Spiritual powers ruling our world.
Hence to succeed in our world, we need to be favoured by these two categories of powers. Hard Work will only make us to activate the favours from these powers. Hence any one working hard without first getting the favour from these powers will end up in frustration.
Prayer is necessary because through it you can communicate with the Spiritual powers ruling this world. Christians pray to the Almighty God.
However many people also pray to Satan, Fallen Angels and Demons. They need the support of these powers to fulfill their heart desires. That is the reason most of leaders belong to Occults.
When you see a man with no interest in Spiritual issues succeding , it is either his parents have done the spiritual works for him or the grace of God is on him so as to make him appreciate the love of God for him.
However this Grace will expire if the man continue to believe that his success is by his own power.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by jayjayjones: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2022
MITCHELL96:
My prayer is for God to make the embassy grant me visa to play my football, my visa was denied 3 years ago and it wasn't funny at all.

Reapply bro
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by MITCHELL96: 10:05am On Oct 30, 2022
jayjayjones:
Reapply bro

Sure, the dream never dies at fars as the desire and passion is still burning in me.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by kennyz247(m): 10:05am On Oct 30, 2022
I want to be millionaire..God grant this desire for me
na beg I dey beg oo
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by kennyz247(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

and some conked sinners are busy enjoying their lives to the fullness,buy cars,houses, traveling from one country to another with ease and the saints are there begging for just wat to eat..
ds life no just balance aswear..
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by wirinet(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Not mos,t a few! (I know who you have in mind)

And these ones are in one of God's Trap.

Most ke? Have you been to Nigerian churches (and mosques), in fact poverty resides there permanently. Maybe 5% of the congregation are wealthy, a further 25% are probably middle class, but more than 70% of most congregation are living in poverty.

Furthermore, if you compare countries where prayer and religion play a greater part of people's life, you will discover that the less the prayer the more prosperous the country. In in converse the more religious the country the higher the poverty level.

As an example over 80% of the population of the poorest country in the world are Christians (the rest being Muslims and traditionalists), while 73% of the population of second richest country , China identify as non religious, with Christianity at 2.5% of the population.

1 Like

Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by zrealjaheal: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

This is just really appalling

No wonder I get the guilt whenever I wanna pray I hear a voice in my head saying "don't waste your time, your prayers won't get answered" cos "the prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto the Lord"

Then you start to wonder why then did jesus say I didn't come for the saint but for the condemned

Mehn you people make things so complicated
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by DeepSight(m): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2022
wirinet:

Most ke? Have you been to Nigerian churches (and mosques), in fact poverty resides there permanently. Maybe 5% of the congregation are wealthy, a further 25% are probably middle class, but more than 70% of most congregation are living in poverty.

Furthermore, if you compare countries where prayer and religion play a greater part of people's life, you will discover that the less the prayer the more prosperous the country. In in converse the more religious the country the higher the poverty level.

As an example over 80% of the population of the poorest country in the world are Christians (the rest being Muslims and traditionalists), while 73% of the population of second richest country , China identify as non religious, with Christianity at 2.5% of the population.

Why didn't you use the USA in your example.
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by DeepSight(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2022
kennyz247:

and some conked sinners are busy enjoying their lives to the fullness,buy cars,houses, traveling from one country to another with ease and the saints are there begging for just wat to eat..
ds life no just balance aswear..

I have seen slaves go on horseback, while princes go on foot. Eccl. 10.7
Re: How God Can Grant Your Heart Desires by Kingstanding: 10:51am On Oct 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You mean God does not hear the prayer? It means you are going to wrong church or having a man of God who doors not teach you the true gospel? If you are not a sinner it means Jesus Christ did not died fire your sin. Are you not a sinner? We are all sinner it's just that we are under his Grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed / Help! I Need A Genuine Prophet's Contact / How Do You Feel The Presence Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.