Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. (16288 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by JesseThunder(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2022
DenreleDave:

bros hope u no mad?

change screen for samsung and port

abeg move joor
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by winetapper: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2022
Franking:
I was in Maputo, Mozambique one hot afternoon. Dropped my car off at a car wash and strolled to the water front a few meters away. Two policemen stopped me and demanded for my passport which was inside the car. I asked that they follow me to the carwash but they refused claiming passports should be presented on demand. They insisted I provide it there and then or follow them to their station.

Luckily I called my girlfriend who had traced me to the carwash and she brought the passport.
eu entendo. Faz favour documents grin

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Scarletjr(m): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
Those idiot after bailing dey become ur friends

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by FireUpNow(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
NNtv:
I don't know but I will e 26 years old but I never had a single police issue here in Nigeria. I also pray never to have it.
Pray never to have an encounter with Naija coti my brother.

3 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Tfx1: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Not a friend
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Mrtaye: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Missionaire:

You quoted a post without reading it abi wetin?
And the answer to your question is in the first paragraph.
Precisely the first sentence.
Sorry I skipped it
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Mrtaye: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
aboyaji:

Ivory Coast
Okay
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ariesbull: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ghana around 2008 living in their high brow area called Tema community 12 near sointex... Nice neighborhood quet environment and decent people... Some gangs came from Accra came and stole plasma and AC in our street.. Our fences are short.. In few seconds police came...in the evening unknowingly took a troll to buy grocery and pack of cigarettes... Police on patrol stopped me... Asked me if I am a Ghanaian I said no, asked me for my passport I have them and told them I stay around, they drove me to the grocery and asked if they know me, Lucie the grocery babe said yes.. They left me without asking penny! They told me they are on patrol

Dubai 2010,snapped at the wrong place.. The well kitted police came and told me that where I snapped wasn't good and nicely told me to delete it... Cute Dubai police

Do I talk about my experience driving at Ojuelegba... Chai

4 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ariesbull: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2022
richeeyo:
Was in Ghana some years back it was getting dark and getting a taxi or bus at labadi is difficult at night without beach party going on, and it was a bad spot
Saw a police patrol and i stretched my hands and stopped them, told them i needed ride to Nugua,
It was a straight road to Nugua
I speak the language perfectly though since i was young
They dropped me off at my point and left
And i gave them a Salute
Now back home, my mom is a police and i told her this
And she simply said "if its my people, they would drop you off in the station"
Me self no go try am for 9ja
Awkaba

Labafi LA palms
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ghettochild(m): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2022
DenreleDave:
cheesy cheesy
Abeg i need a sam..sung phone.. A series. Second hand. 4/ 64gb upward

budget is 4.0k.. Lagos
Whatsapp me 0737839889
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ghettochild(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
DenreleDave:
cheesy cheesy

budget is 4.0k.. Lagos
Whatsapp me +27737839889
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by richeeyo(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2022
ariesbull:
Awkaba

Labafi LA palms
You sabi

Attended Zenith University College

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by oneMalik: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
I think you know ?

no be joke o !

Tunechi112:

Lol,rumuokoro police na the worst bro,local thieves

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Sunnybabe(m): 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2022
DenreleDave:
cheesy cheesy

budget is 4.0k.. Lagos
buy two and give me one cool
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Gkemz: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
Police is your enemy.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ZombieSlayer1: 6:31am On Nov 01, 2022
Adakintroy:

Yeah those can happen but a on rare police case. The majority will just try to collect money and bargain with you. Which is a fair thing compared to real arm robber that actually kill you. Vs you that actually burn them alive.

Am trying establish why the police is a friendlier mediator for us. Am not saying they are. Its a comparative assumption of sought.
I understand. There are good people in the police but the bad ones far outnumber the good ones

4 Likes

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by fineberry(m): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2022
America police force hahaha those once done go far....in Phiiladephia for example you will be punish for treating animal unfairly, how much more human been.

In fact they have special police force that rescue wounded or maltreated animals. I never enter police station all my.life much less to enter their gbege and God no go.let me see ham o

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2022
Awoleesu:

..After Philippines. cool

Manilla is actually the s*x capital...and Bangkok (Thailand) is learning...

Never knew Philippines is a sex capital. Just learning o.

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by descarado: 6:48pm On Nov 01, 2022
ahnie:
Stupid Nigerian policemen that forcefully collected 2 of my indomie noodles years ago when I was coming from evening waec lessons.

Low budget individuals.
Gosh, I needed this lafta cheesy

Ahnie, how come you met the hungry ones cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ahnie: 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2022
descarado:

Gosh, I needed this lafta cheesy

Ahnie, how come you met the hungry ones cheesy cheesy
I dunno,like they literally seized my innocent noodles.

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by rowlex7(m): 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
Naija police na bastard.. Even to pass front of some police station na risk dey go label you cultist

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by DonroxyII: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
aboyaji:
I travelled to Ivory Coast some months ago, so I settled in a remote area to reduce cost as a newbie.

One day I was going to an office for registration. Before I could meet up at the junction by 9am, the vehicles heading towards my proposed destination had all gone out. So I stood by the junction for sometimes with the help of the tree branches acting as shed and protecting me from the scorching sun.

A woman selling stuffs by the roadside asked me why I hadn't stopped the police officers on patrol to carry me along.

I said ... Me?

She said Yes, you. Stop them and they'll definitely take you (in french)

I was shocked shocked

I declined the offer (because I was still running on the Nigerian operating system version 1.0

She insisted that they'll gladly be of assistance to me.

So there was a large number of the police officers coming in their 2 Hilux vehicles and about 8 motorcycles running behind the Hilux.

I waved at the Hilux in fear. Make Dem no lock me up in the process. The Hilux carrying some officers stopped. I wasn't fluently speaking the french. I gesticulated much while dishing out the little french I had in me. One of the officers politely told me they were not heading towards my direction and zoomed off.

The woman insisted that I stopped the ones on the motorcycles. I did and they stopped one after the other. They pulled over along the verge of the road.

Then, I told them where I was headed. The others told me they weren't heading towards my direction but 1. Only one out of them all was heading towards my direction. He asked me to join him.

shocked shocked shocked

Na police be this or what? And one thing about these police officers here is that they are always neatly dressed. Clean from head to toe. Clean shaven.

That was how we rode till we got to the office, then I alighted. The distance we covered, on a proper commercial vehicle costs 1k here. Yet a police officer was able to render such help.

The woman said that's how they live here and I'm a testament of that fact.

The people here are always ready to assist.
This is Cool and Humane ... I Beseech God of the Universes and Everything therein to Raise Nigeria(ns) beyond this Standard and Make Us a Good Example for The Global World to Emulate, Amen:

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by DonroxyII: 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2022
inoki247:
I just thank God for once me nd police neva get issue.....

Almost all the Police in doz West Africa francophone country dey organize pass na bike dem dey use arrest Car and dey will neva chase u any aw...

If you violate dere law na jus ur paper dem go seize dem no go even tow ur vehicle dey carry ur car wey no get paper up nd down if he sure for u....

And dey ar Less corrupt dem no dey put dere Corruption for face...

Buh u see all diz English speaking West Africa country dem no go hide dere Corruption jus go any English speaking country u go understand say na d same blood dey run inside every English speaking law enforcement agency....
British Corrupt all Nigerian Leaders via Indirect Rule(You are Just You, We are Brits so We Rule You through You)

But France Used Policies of Assimilations(All french Colonies are just France so Everything French is Replicated in French Colonies)

The Problem with France Own is that You will Lose Your Identity and Culture for French while that of British is that You will Keep Your Identity But It shall Be Bastardised !

Since then till Date ... Na ihm we Still Dey ooo !

1 Like

Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2022
ahnie:
Stupid Nigerian policemen that forcefully collected 2 of my indomie noodles years ago when I was coming from evening waec lessons.

Low budget individuals.

Lol
shey police man no go chop again
you suppose happy say you feed two poor and hungry police men na
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by GoldenqueenC(f): 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2022
Remembered 2019 or so when my kid brother visited me,one Saturday he stepped out to get a call card across the road,police with their korope carried him,he had to call me to come bail him,well it's Nigeria so I know it's money they need,when I got to the station Omo come see allegations upon allegations,I just called his friend who is in the music industry who inturn called someone from panti,all the shouts of I will slap you,madam your brother carry new phone(I think techno spark 3 ooh),madam bring 200k or we carry am go panti and label him criminal turned to sorry bros,madam sorry, anything for the boys,gave them 7k out of 10k with me because one of them still dey stubborn and has vested interest in the phone then. Till my brother left they avoided him like a plague.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Zeel007: 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
Romanoff:
I don't have any experience. I avoid them like a plague.
hey Romanoff, I want to get to know you, can I send you a pm
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
Bobbyjay001:

Never knew Philippines is a sex capital. Just learning o.
if their woman bang you na coma get you the next day o
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
FREDCLSSICO7:

if their woman bang you na coma get you the next day o

Ha! Nothing for do me. Aswe! Abi make I kuku japa go Philippines? How is the standard is living there?
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
Was over-speeding two weeks ago, I was trying to meet up for an appointment in Montpelier, so I got pulled over by the police. I pulled over and placed my hands on the steering till the police officer came and ordered me to wine down.

He asked me a few questions and gave me a ticket, that's how I spent 100$.

If it's Nigeria police, they will take the money from you as a bribe.
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ZINNYBANKS: 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2022
our police dey very useless gan name one country that you can drive a police woman away and still have the gut to make a video .?
Re: Police Is Your Friend - Share Your Experience Around The Globe. by ZINNYBANKS: 11:33pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mummyimbecile:
Was over-speeding two weeks ago, I was trying to meet up for an appointment in Montpelier, so I got pulled over by the police. I pulled over and placed my hands on the steering till the police officer came and ordered me to wine down.

He asked me a few questions and gave me a ticket, that's how I spent 100$.

If it's Nigeria police, they will take the money from you as a bribe.
The $100 wen u pay fit no reach station o ba yo ba yo go there too . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Never Been To An Airport / Instagram User Got Her Luggage Back After Instagram Post / Gas Tanker Kills 15 In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.