Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,240 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja (48196 Views)

Igboho Speaks As Yoruba Nation Agitators Invade Oyo Govt Secretariat, Hoist Flag / Armed Men In Military Camouflage Besiege Oyo State Govt Secretariat (photos) / Bola Tinubu Wins Polling Unit At Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by joowealth(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2022
Mystic216:
No single skyscraper from a state that was capital of giant of Africa for many years
It’s a shame

As if one of the smallest amongst the buildings in picture can be seen in the village even city you came from! Mitchew

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Awise09(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
Mystic216:
No single skyscraper from a state that was capital of giant of Africa for many years
It’s a shame
Where you wan see stable electricity to maintain skyscraper?
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Oluwademilade: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
Mystic216:
It’s a shame

No sky scrapper in Lagos? Abi wetin this one dey talk.
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by BanyXchi: 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
BossGerald:

Lol, who cares about your yoruba Muslims bigotry influenced gatherings??

Lagos is a former federal capital, you have no sole claim to it ma.

Who wants to die In SW?? Your SW doesn't start and end In lagos, btw your sisters and brothers are all over here hawking agbo jedi jedi or whatever you call it.
I even heard they've a section in one of the onitsha markets, one day I'm gonna go there and entertain you with your brothers pictures that also wanna die in the southeast grin grin
no sane omoluabi goes to your landlocked erosion ravaged region, it's your people jumping on GIG midnight buses to come and hawk gala and fanyogo on our streets.

And by the way, only Lagos island was the capital and it has stopped being the capital for over 30years, Lagos mainland badagry was under the late sage Awolowo

3 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Afamed: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
Area view, Awka, Anambra state capital

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Shaev7(m): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
Shey na the Alausa wey I dy go be this? Inside or outside......hmmmmmm
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by DesignMaestro(m): 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
dyera:

That's why the eko Atlantic city Tinubu created turned out to be a failed project. 15 years after,, the city is still empty. With the falling naira, no one is willing to invest a hundred million dollars to build a skyscraper in the city.
What many of you don't understand is that there are lots of developments in both ikoyi and Victoria Island within that same fifteen years. Bourdillon tower, in Ikoyi is one of the tallest residential towers in Africa. Construction of the tower started in 2015 (just when Eko pearl was nearing completion in Eko Atlantic city) and it was completed in 2020. There are many more, such as Cuddle by Cadwell, Tango Towers, The Belmonte, The Vantage Bourdillon, No 39 Bourdilllion, etc.

Though I agree with your point but the problem isn't really lack of investment but choice of the investors between Eko Atlantic and the other prime locations.

2 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by mrbillz(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Natbrowny:
Why is that place called Alausa??

Anyone??
Well, to my little knowledge. It’s Alawusa which means a place where Walnuts are found. I guess the place were dominated by walnuts plants in the past. Walnut in Yoruba is Awusa or Asala.

Just like places like Alagbado, Alakuko.

3 Likes

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Looter100: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
BossGerald:

Below is ebonyi state

Now show us katsina, kebbi,niger, taraba, yobe
state house wey corrupt people full in all states see wetin una dey brag about
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Natbrowny: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2022
mrbillz:
Well, to my little knowledge. It’s Alawusa which means a place where Walnuts are found. I guess the place were dominated by walnuts plants in the past. Walnut in Yoruba is Awusa or Asala.

Just like places like Alagbado, Alakuko.

Noted boss. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by mrbillz(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2022
Natbrowny:

Noted boss. Thanks
Welcome
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by edoncast: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2022
ladiguy:

Olodo, sky scrapper for area wey close to airport? Shioor

What's the effect .Pls educate me
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
damiloladuke:

Oga there are lots of sky scrappers in Lagos! Fact that you don't know there are indicates you live in a cage
Yes, i live in a cage in a village. grin grin thank you! what an ignoramus! Everybody must live in Lagos or know Lagos, otherwise they live in a village or cage. cheesy your own stupidity is epic
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by babajero(m): 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
Sasi54:
why they never declared Lagos as another country
Because of the greed of Awolowo.
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Adegunle4(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
bazoodo:
and they want to open an airport at Lekki with all the tall buildings around ikoyi

Calm down bros… the airport is located close to Epe… not Ikoyi/ Lekki
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by damiloladuke: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2022
gypsey:
Yes, i live in a cage in a village. grin grin thank you! what an ignoramus! Everybody must live in Lagos or know Lagos, otherwise they live in a village or cage. cheesy your own stupidity is epic

No, you are the stupid fellow here who thought there wasn't a single sky scrapper in Lagos..

Of course, you must have been climbing hills to get signal. Reason why you are not keeping abreast of the latest developments in the country. You need some brain resetting into the future, cus it is obvious you're living in the Java Age.
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
damiloladuke:

No, you are the stupid fellow here who thought there wasn't a single sky scrapper in Lagos..

Of course, you must have been climbing hills to get signal. Reason why you are not keeping abreast of the latest developments in the country. You need some brain resetting into the future, cus it is obvious you're living in the Java Age.
grin I never said there are no sky scrappers in Lagos, but what the hell! you wanted to let me know that i live in a village I Accepted, you also wanted to tell me that i live in a cage I accepted, now i am also accepting that you are right i ussually climb trees to get signal grin Infact, i am on top of a very high tree right now receiving signal, wow! What a very bizzare way i live and i love it! grin

I am also living in Java age? make up your mind were you think i am living Kid! What does Java age even mean? undecided

And NO, i refuse to resset my brain, i love living in the past. grin grin

Now, go play with your toys kid!
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by zoedew: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
One of the most ugly ones!
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by BossGerald: 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Looter100:
state house wey corrupt people full in all states see wetin una dey brag about

Tell that to the person who created such topic.
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by BossGerald: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
BanyXchi:
no sane omoluabi goes to your landlocked erosion ravaged region, it's your people jumping on GIG midnight buses to come and hawk gala and fanyogo on our streets.

And by the way, only Lagos island was the capital and it has stopped being the capital for over 30years, Lagos mainland badagry was under the late sage Awolowo

SW is overrated, I will say that again.

Your people also jump on GiG midnight buses to sell their deadly killer purging agbo jedi jedi on our streets.

When the lagos island stopped being the capital, was those infrastructures that brought about the development of its surrounding environment removed??

Why don't you also brag with other southwestern states like you do with lagos...does SW states start and end In lagos??
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by BossGerald: 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2022
Xplorepd:

Have you been to Alausa before? Yeye. Na we say make dem no make your state Federal Capital. Your hate and unaccommodating lifestyle won't let that happen. Stop hating Lagos is a Yoruba state with Obas and Bale with Yoruba culture. Deal with it. Most of your brothers will be living in abject poverty if they did not make move to Lagos. Shebi you are industrious people abi? Oya stay in your land and make it work. If you can't, shut up and enjoy the accomodating nature of your host. The Yoruba people

Who told you south east isn't working despite boasting of the largest market in West Africa??

The joke is on you...all of you are now lagosians, hehehe.

Why don't you brag with other SW states since lagos has no federal influence despite being the federal capital for more than 70yrs??
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Youngsage: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2022
ladiguy:

Read what you copied again. How many cities in the world has high rise building close to the airport? High rise building are from 13th floor and above, while sky scrappers are 40 and above (still in the category of high rise buildings). You call it sky scrapers when it’s 40 above.

In the whole of Lagos how many '40 and above' buildings are there?
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Youngsage: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Angel55555:

You can rarely see skyscrapers in Europe, even in developed countries like the UK.

You can rarely see corruption and stealing from government officials, potholes, motor park touts etc in Europe too. How about that? undecided
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by ladiguy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2022
Youngsage:

In the whole of Lagos how many '40 and above' buildings are there?

Don’t you have transport fare to go all out and count?
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Angel55555(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
Youngsage:

You can rarely see corruption and stealing from government officials, potholes, motor park touts etc in Europe too. How about that? undecided
You've a point lol
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by CivilEngineer90: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2022
barcaboi:

No skyscraper? Are you kidding or whining ursef?
we should be playing that "shey u dey whine me niiiii" for these delusional fellows on this thread. Omo that latest Skyscraper just completed at lekki axis not in 50years time will anything like that be built anywhere outside Lagos

1 Like

Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Masterito(m): 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
Who told you cannot have sky scrappers in aerial close to the airport?
ladiguy:

Olodo, sky scrapper for area wey close to airport? Shioor
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
1Alex:
aerial view. Not area view
grin grin grin grin
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by damiloladuke: 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
gypsey:
grin I never said there are no sky scrappers in Lagos, but what the hell! you wanted to let me know that i live in a village I Accepted, you also wanted to tell me that i live in a cage I accepted, now i am also accepting that you are right i ussually climb trees to get signal grin Infact, i am on top of a very high tree right now receiving signal, wow! What a very bizzare way i live and i love it! grin

I am also living in Java age? make up your mind were you think i am living Kid! What does Java age even mean? undecided

Look at the fool calling his uncle a kid. If only you were a graduate in the year 2009, then you should either call me a kid or bro. If not I supposed slap the living day light out of your skull. Spoilt brat
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by CivilEngineer90: 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
gypsey:

e really pain you no be small o grin just hustle transport and come over to Lagos. I fit give u accommodation for one of my home at mainland for 2months then u find ur way but only promise me u will vote anyone but Pandora wink
Re: Aerial View Of Lagos State Govt Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
CivilEngineer90:
e really pain you no be small o grin just hustle transport and come over to Lagos. I fit give u accommodation for one of my home at mainland for 2months then u find ur way but only promise me u will vote anyone but Pandora wink
grin Okay, anything else sensible you would like to add? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lionel Jonathan-Omo Dies After Falling From His Balcony In Bayelsa / Kidnapped Pantami’s Son, Alamin Isa Ali, Found At Bauchi Checkpoint / Reverend Yinka Yusuf: How Peter Obi Bruised My Ego & I Felt Embarrassed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.