Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Ibb: I Rehabilitated His (obj)History And Humanity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb: I Rehabilitated His (obj)History And Humanity (997 Views)

FG Owes 16 States N580bn On Rehabilitated Roads / Photos Of Rehabilitated Roads In Aba And Other Ongoing Projects / IBB I Would Put On My Uniform If This Country Heads Towards Disintegration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb: I Rehabilitated His (obj)History And Humanity by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 21, 2011
By Jide Ajani, Deputy Editor

The last may not have been heard about the feud between former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, IBB,  and former President Olusegun Obasanjo, as  the former  insisted that it is now an eye for an eye with the latter.  Babangida  said he would  no longer sit idly and watch Obasanjo throw darts at him.

Prince Kassim Afegbua, IBB  media spokesman,  who spoke to Sunday Vanguard on  behalf of his principal, yesterday, said  that legal redress was one of the options before them. The statement came on the heels of the alleged moves by some elders of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to get the warring former  Nigerian leaders to cease fire.

But in the statement that suggested  that Babangida was not in the mood  to ceasefire yet,  Afegbua said whereas “we are actually not fighting Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, it has not got to that level, we might seek legal redress on this issue”.

He went on:  “We think and most Nigerians do, also, that the former leader went beyond his  bounds to use very uncouth language to respond to what IBB said in his interview. I want to refer you to the published interview and, please find out for me, where we castigated Chief Obasanjo.

“General IBB only made allusion to the on-going probes in the National Assembly, several of which have exposed the rotten underbelly of that democratic regime of Obasanjo. He should rather call those who are exposing him through the probes fools and not direct his anger towards IBB.

“Every Nigerian who knows General IBB will attest to the fact that the former leader is highly cerebral and conveys a large dose of humility, tolerance and respect for people. He hardly discusses leaders on the pages of newspapers. But for him to be so described as a “fool at seventy” as a birthday message from a man who has gained more from IBB  was the height of crass irresponsibility.

We are still weighing the options because we might seek legal redress on this issue. Please go and check the dictionary meaning of ‘fool’ and you will know the import of what I am saying.”

‘NO TO CEASEFIRE’
The spokesman added: “Chief Obasanjo has just brought home ant-infested logs, so he must be ready for the visit of the lizards. We will not allow him to denigrate the personality and quintessence of IBB just like that.

People are aware that General IBB is very magnanimous and tolerant of criticism, he does not like joining issues with his subordinates and superiors, but on this issue, we will place history in its true perspectives. A sentence from OBJ will be met with two sentences from us.

A word from him will be met with a sentence from us. Gone were those days when people just ram things down the throat of General IBB and the man will just let things go by. These days, we will return word for word, sentence for sentence and phrase for phrase.

“What did General IBB say that warranted the outburst? Just tell me. IBB respects the young and the old. It is a characteristic in him that you cannot take away. Why then would he be that castigated by a man who has gained from IBB so much in terms of support? As Africans, if our customs and traditions are still flourishing well, it will not be out of place if he comes around every day to pay homage to IBB for rehabilitating his history and humanity. Please tell  Baba to know that he does not possess the monopoly for vitriolic attacks. The fact that we have tolerated him over the years does not confer foolishness on our part”.

Obasanjo has reportedly  stated that he would pass no further comments on the matter.

Babangida had fired the first salvo on Tuesday, the eve of his 70th birthday when, in a media chat, he upbraided Obasanjo, saying his administration spent $16 billion on power without generating electricity. He blamed it on lack of  foresight.

But Obasanjo, who ruled  Nigeria for a second time  for eight years between 1999 and 2007, in a riposte, described Babangida as a fool at 70.
Re: Ibb: I Rehabilitated His (obj)History And Humanity by ojesymsym: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2011
Well unfortunately for him, if people were left with no choice but to vote for either of them, I think Obj will have 45%, Ibb 13% and the remaining undecided.
Re: Ibb: I Rehabilitated His (obj)History And Humanity by 2n2k(m): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2011
^^^Seconded with slight amendment Obj-30%, Ibb-10%, Void-45%, remainder undecided
Re: Ibb: I Rehabilitated His (obj)History And Humanity by ojesymsym: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
With so many void and undecided votes alot of rigging will then become possible
Re: Ibb: I Rehabilitated His (obj)History And Humanity by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2011
Rehabilitated Obasanjo in furtherance of whose interests, eh? grin
No point shedding crocodile years several years later, it simply won't wash.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Go Back To Regions / Boko Haram An “emerging Threat” – Us Congress / Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan Has Declared A State Of Emergency In Areas Hard Hit By Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.