Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami (7787 Views)

Breaking News !! Patience Jonathan Sacked From Being Africa First Lady President / Why Jonathan Sacked Abba Months After APC Asked For It!!! / EXCLISIVE: Real Reasons President Jonathan Sacked IGP Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by musiwa48: 4:37am On Aug 22, 2011
At this point. I give up on Nigeria. I dont see a solution in sight.  This is the worst day in nigeria history.  I give up on nigeria. The thing that made me sick the most is that it is an ijaw man doing this to us. an Ijaw man.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by naijaking1: 4:49am On Aug 22, 2011
^^^
I feel your pain bro!
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by gregg2: 4:51am On Aug 22, 2011
Musiwa, please don't kill yourself.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by mhm(m): 5:15am On Aug 22, 2011
abacus:

you are as clueless as your GEJ. There was no case again Justice Salami. Also there is a pending case in court over is suspension. Clueless GEJ went ahead to appoint an ACTING PRESIDENT, an indication of that GEJ wants easy victory in tribunal. Is this fresh air they promise us? We are watching oo.

Na wa o, Abacus wetin i do you now. I was referring to GEJ as being clueless and you open fire on ME
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by gregg2: 6:44am On Aug 22, 2011
Let Salami go. The same NJC that appointed him
are asking that he be retired. Let him go. Nothing will happen.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by abacus(m): 6:55am On Aug 22, 2011
mhm:

Na wa o, Abacus wetin i do you now. I was referring to GEJ as being clueless and you open fire on ME
Am sorry boss,

@mhm, am sorry it went that way, the news of Salami's sack shocked ♍ε to the bone.

gregg2:

Let Salami go. The same NJC that appointed him
are asking that he be retired. Let him go.
just like that? shocked
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by Abagworo(m): 6:57am On Aug 22, 2011
I think NJC is the bad guy here.Even God himelf is against Katsina Alu.Let us watch and see because God really exists.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by itiswell1(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2011
GEJ the clown. If Nollywood decide to write a movie on GEJ, it will not sell cos his life and actions are not interesting at all. Its a pity
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by itiswell1(m): 7:00am On Aug 22, 2011
Abagworo:

I think NJC is the bad guy here.Even God himelf is against Katsina Alu.Let us watch and see because God really exists.

Even if NJC is the bad guy, why shd our president be a puppet?
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 22, 2011
mennnn, i was reading the comments on this post and i just couldn't help but be convinced that some people post on Nairaland when they are High as hell!
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by luluosas(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2011
I smell trouble ahead for my dear Country Nigeria. With eyes wide open, some Nigerians are celebrating this criminality committed by NJC (PDP) and Jonathan. We may be on our way to a Military coup shortly. Let's watch as the events unfolds.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by omoalaro: 7:23am On Aug 22, 2011
musiwa.,. « #8 on: Yesterday at 11:11:27 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is the most silly move on earth. the military will remove all of you. it is the end of democracy.   National Judicial Council did not meet, few people were there. That is not constitutional. It means Jonathan goodluck is supporting what is Unconstitutional, Which means Jonathan Goodluck can be impeach as president of Nigeria.  the north were only playing games with him. jonathan just breach the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria.  nigeria bar association were not there. . Even the chief justice was not there.

according to nigeria laws, the National Judicial Council can not sack ayo salami or suspend ayo salami until , the case in court is over. jonathan is taken the laws into his own hands.
corruption .

jonathan just killed himself with this move. The north is in control of the judiciary. presidential election result.   They plan it very well. jonathan is silly for signing the paper.

The whole world can Judge if this is a right decision. It was a wrong decision

The real target of this whole drama is the CPC petion before the presidential election tribunal.
Justice Salami has refused to be compromised so he has to be removed. I'm waiting to see how the drama will end.
7 or 8 people out of 24 sat to take this decision in a case that is before a competent court of law.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by DrummaBoy(m): 7:53am On Aug 22, 2011
What is wrong with this Jonathan sef?
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by Demdem(m): 8:05am On Aug 22, 2011
I honestly dont think this is a wise decision.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by STOjo: 8:13am On Aug 22, 2011
Salami, Kalu, NJC,PDP, CPC all na snake chop snake. The reality would soon come.
A beg military is not a solution o. Abi u na don 4get Abacha, IBB the way dey were killing us. What about fuel scarcity.
Some people were beaten to death while trying to fuel their car during Abacha regime. Please no one should think of military. For me the worst civilian regime is better than any military rule (one man show)
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by DrummaBoy(m): 8:31am On Aug 22, 2011
Agreed dat d NJC can remove Salami but cant GEJ see that d case is in court & wait 4 d outcome?
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by Knight1(m): 8:32am On Aug 22, 2011
Jonathan is about to get himself terribly embarrassed (not like it'll be the first time though). Should the courts rule in Salami's favour, i think the man ought to get a public apology from GEJ and NJC. they couldnt even wait for working day monday, Is it that bad for Jonathan?
i truly believed he won the election, i'm beginning to have second thoughts cos the desperation is getting irritating.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by DrummaBoy(m): 8:33am On Aug 22, 2011
every1 knows Salami is PDP sacrificial lamb in d Sokoto Guber case & dat dis is being done to protect d sultan
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by DrummaBoy(m): 8:36am On Aug 22, 2011
Those who hav eyes 2 see know that democracy is in danger when institutns set up to protect it is endangered
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by DrummaBoy(m): 8:43am On Aug 22, 2011
Whoever is advising GEJ to do is killing him slowly
This' d reason a coup could occur dat wil wipe out traditionl rulers
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by teskyg: 8:59am On Aug 22, 2011
Salami deserve to be sack.The facts are glaring and we Nigeria like chasing shadows.Call logs from MTN has been able to prove that he had an under hand dealing with ACN who have continue to support Salami.Let call a spade a spade.We cannot move forward with all this sentiments,

Many cases has been referred o the NJC for in the past and we hear word, Salami is a crook with all his ACN collaborators and they will all soon dance to the music.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by DaDoctor: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2011
^^AND SO WHAT? NJC IS IN CHARGE OF THESE ISSUES AND NOT JONATHAN!!! THAT IS THE CONSTITUTION^^

SAME EXISTS IN OTHER SPHERE E.G POLICE ,ARMY ETC,

RIBADU FACED SAME IN THE HANDS OF THE POLICE , SO WHY THE SHOUTINGS?

MAKE UNA NO LET ME VEX OH! NJC RECOMMENDED HE IS RETIRED NOT SACKED O! SO LET HIM GO HOME SIT DOWN AND EAT HIS PENSION . HE WOULD ADVISE HIS CHILDREN NEVER IN LIFE TO STAND AGAINST THEIR SUPERIOR BECAUSE OGA IS ALWAYS THE 'MASTER'
cool cool
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by seanet02: 9:05am On Aug 22, 2011
teskyg:

Salami deserve to be sack.The facts are glaring and we Nigeria like chasing shadows.Call logs from MTN has been able to prove that he had an under hand dealing with ACN who have continue to support Salami.Let call a spade a spade.We cannot move forward with all this sentiments,

Many cases has been referred o the NJC for in the past and we hear word, Salami is a crook with all his ACN collaborators and they will all soon dance to the music.
You are nothing but a DIMWIT. Which call logs are you talking about? Which evidence is you ediot talking about? ODE
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by DaDoctor: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2011
seanet02:

You are nothing but a DIMWIT. Which call logs are you talking about? Which evidence is you ediot talking about? ODE

JUST RUN TO HIM
AND AND AND SLAP HIM! cool cool cool
LOL AT PEOPLES PASSION.

AS LONG AS I AM CONCERNED ALL OF THEM ARE GUILTY IN THE JUDICIARY. GEJ ONLY ACTED UPON THE RECCOMMENDATIONS OF THE WAR HEADS.

I GUESS IF IT WERE REPORT ON BOKO HARAM AND GEJ ACTS ON SAME, MOST PEOPLE HERE WONT HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH IT RIGHT?
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by nagoma(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2011
Fresh Air!!!
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by tunde300us(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2011
Let us assume that salami is guilty of anything,the fact that he went to a court to appeal the decision is enough for GEJ to take the honorary part and wait till the court rules.
If NJC does not follow the rule of the court , the presidency shouldnt follow suit. I think the PDP has forgotten that they dont have 2/3 of the NASS again
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 22, 2011
I read somewhere someone ask if it would be acceptable to nigerians if 20% of the senate were to impeach GEJ, will it?
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by thuao(m): 10:32am On Aug 22, 2011
Its unfortunate that NJC which is supposed to uphold the law is breaking it, despite a pending court case they went ahead and suspend Salami, something which Jonathan can do, thereby disregarding the law & ursurping the duty of the president.
Then Jonathan also danced to their tune suspending Salami. Our president is either naive or a law breaker.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by maasoap(m): 10:39am On Aug 22, 2011
I'm really suprised by all these rant. When it is stated in the Nigerian constitution that no judge should interact with plaintiff and defendant as well as their counsels in such a way that will arouse public suspicion which in turn may cause the public to lose interest in the judiciary, and that's exactly what Salami did. Remember that mtn was reluctant to give the call logs but was later forced to provide it. And when mtn did, it indicted Salami that there was frequent communication between him and ACN counsels but there was insufficient evidence to prove that there was under-hand. The point is that Salami breached Nigerian constitution and he duly deserved what he got. Infact, the NJC was lenient in its decision. Salami is a crook. He didn't go to court when panel was set up, when panel submitted its reports but when he was asked to apologise to CJN for lying against him and to NJC for his unethical behaviour, he went to court. If the reports had indicted CJN, would all of you be saying what you're saying now? When the case is still in court, what case? Don't be blinded by sentiments.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by thuao(m): 10:45am On Aug 22, 2011
Its not really surprising since NJC has taken up the role of president/NA in suspending Salami & ordering withdrawal of his security. So jonathan can also take up the role of NA & sack Salami.
Lets assume he is guilty why not w8t for the court to decide.
More so only 4 out of the 7 members present in the meeting voted for his suspension out of the whole members of the NJC.
Re: President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami by Demdem(m): 10:48am On Aug 22, 2011
maasoap:

I'm really suprised by all these rant. When it is stated in the Nigerian constitution that no judge should interact with plaintiff and defendant as well as their counsels in such a way that will arouse public suspicion which in turn may cause the public to lose interest in the judiciary, and that's exactly what Salami did. Remember that mtn was reluctant to give the call logs but was later forced to provide it. And when mtn did, it indicted Salami that there was frequent communication between him and ACN counsels but there was insufficient evidence to prove that there was under-hand. The point is that Salami breached Nigerian constitution and he duly deserved what he got. Infact, the NJC was lenient in its decision. Salami is a crook. He didn't go to court when panel was set up, when panel submitted its reports but when he was asked to apologise to CJN for lying against him and to NJC for his unethical behaviour, he went to court. If the reports had indicted CJN, would all of you be saying what you're saying now? When the case is still in court, what case? Don't be blinded by sentiments.

based on what i have read so far, the primary reason and probably only reason why the NJC wants salami to leave was his refusal to apologize to katsina-Alu right? please correct me if i'm wrong. if that is so, i think any other so-called facts is immaterial.
The case is in still in court. GEJ should have stayed action.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yes, There Was A Country - But It's Dead And Gone! / Court Frees Ndume From Terrorism Charges / Icpc Should Investigate Lai Mohammed Over N2.5 Billion Nbc Fraud - Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.