Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Can You Still Make It At 39? - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can You Still Make It At 39? (27332 Views)

Adewale Egbedun Greets Adewale Irekandu At 39 / I'm A Terrible Writer, But I Still Make Six Figures Every Week!!! / Celebrating Dunga Of APGA, Ezesinachi At 39 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by stanliwise(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
Ephemmm:

I got the contact of my secondary school friend in Lagos and I started riding Okada around Egbeda, EJigbo, Ikotun, etc. They were six in a room when I joined them.

So, before I wrote my last paper in any semester, I have already packed my belongings because that would be the day when I would get to Lagos. Besides, there would be no food to eat if I decide to stay longer.

Upon every resumption, I will work for additional one week before I would join my mates in school. I remember December 31st 2017-January 2nd 2018, I worked non-stop and I celebrated it while transporting passengers.

You see, moving away from you parent terrain will give you much sense of responsibility and you will be more inclined to break even.
Okada ke!!
Maybe you actually needed the fund truely aside your parent doing funding.

Well sha it worked for you.

Moving away from your parent I see is a gradual process. There should be a foundation and if I will say it should be a skill and or education.

Going off too early without any skill or any fundamental education can be detrimental and even at some time totally a bad decision to make. Not everyone would survive that terrain you took

Op simply need a plan of a house and a small business or a job. He can borrow money if necessary or discuss with a friend or family member(base on track record sha)

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Affiliatefunmi(f): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2022
For you to still be alive shows God is not done with you,there is a purpose for your existence.snd you really need to leave your parents in order to rediscover what God has for you.what are you not doing right you need ask yourself.
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Ephemmm: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2022
stanliwise:

Okada ke!!
Maybe you actually needed the fund truely aside your parent doing funding.

Well sha it worked for you.

Moving away from your parent I see is a gradual process. There should be a foundation and if I will say it should be a skill and or education.

Going off too early without any skill or any fundamental education can be detrimental and even at some time totally a bad decision to make. Not everyone would survive that terrain you took

Op simply need a plan of a house and a small business or a job. He can borrow money if necessary or discuss with a friend or family member(base on track record sha)

You are surprised that I rode Okada. You see, that is the kind of the sacrifices one need to make as a man.

However, I was so young but determined then. And to be sincere, that was where I majorly got the money to pay my school fees and feed myself throughout my undergraduate days. I was on my way to NYSC before I informed my Dad that I have graduated, he insisted that I return to meet him and prayed his heart out on me on that day.

Going our at the age of 40 is not too early bro and what has op been doing before reaching that stage? So, if his parent have died at the younger age, will he still be sitting down under their roof?

After graduation, I remember coming to stay in Lagos for one or two months in Lagos searching for job before settling down. Even when the going was tough to the extent that I have nothing to feed, I refused to budge in my decision to ask anything from my parents.

Hold on to this - what you earnestly believe in will work for you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by Sirchiboy: 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
Redemption88:

Your account number chief!!!
Good evening sir
Re: Can You Still Make It At 39? by hedonido: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
The problem is not the age. It's just a number.

The problem is getting stuck in your old ways. Fluidity and adaptability is key. I'm afraid I can't explain more. I have dropped a million dollars worth of insight for you. If you don't understand the meaning and importance of these two imperatives... Fluidity and adaptability.. Then the Lord is your strength. Anything can happen though. It's never over until it is over.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Snake I Killed This Morning / Identical Twins : Can You Tell Them Apart? / Opinion: 6 Advantages Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.