Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike (36677 Views)

Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Kano Almost At Standstill As People Trek Around While Keke Drivers Are On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by drololaaof: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/Ekwulu/status/1587905102794334208?s=20&t=vIX2ZyrhnxF7XWq1EJ7ABQ
Thanks for elucidating the problems leading to the strike. Who burn monkey if the drivers refuse to pay, the agberos will obstruct ,attack with whatever dangerous object available, they can ban or seize the vehicles from operating that dayvor for many days to cow others into submission.
The lord of the manor did not see anything wrong in that as long as the money keep coming in .
The most disastrous and damaging point is when Sanwo Olu denied appointing MC Oluomo as the park manager.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Cj4charles(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2022
FoolaniHellman:
Nah so e be for Anambra sef smiley
I surely know one Bingo must spring up here

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Geo4646: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2022
Okay
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by cumoverna: 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
Yes o, simple case of monkey de work Babu de chop.
Henix:
See the kind of money few people are extorting from commercial drivers

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by TinubuThief: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:
Anybody wey no wan pay tax make he get out of lagos. Lagos money you must spend am inside lagos.
From the way you are sounding, you must be a cursed person

3 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by cumoverna: 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
Btw I think those receipts from Anambra state may be monthly or annual payment, but Lagos own is something else.

Agbero capital of the world.
Cj4charles:
I surely know one Bingo must spring up here

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by FireUpNow(m): 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
Orgqnised crime headed by Thiefunubu who wants to be president. bBobo Chicago aka Emilokun.greedy old vulture

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Dododawa01: 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/Ekwulu/status/1587905102794334208?s=20&t=vIX2ZyrhnxF7XWq1EJ7ABQ

You come to nairaland to type rubbish with mosquito brain. I'm not supporting agbero but The president to b u mentioned, Is he d1 collecting in your state as well or in Nigeria as a whole. Are u telling me that you dnt have agbero in your state or region.
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by cumoverna: 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
This is one of his source of untraceable funds
FireUpNow:
Orgqnised crime headed by Thiefunubu who wants to be president. bBobo Chicago aka Emilokun

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Xsw1: 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
Really
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by lailo: 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ance4Liverpool:
And if tinibu mistakenly wins, m c olu omo will be automatically the minister of transportation.

Nigerians please vote wisely oooo
Obidient is better than sacrifice
What I notice about u Igbos is that u want Igbo presidency, no doubt. Your problem with Tinubu is that he is the only southerner who can stop Igbo presidency. Your hatred for him, not about any competency bcs u all know deep down no Igbo alive today is as competent as he is but bcs he constitutes a big threat to Igbo presidency. If Yoruba has presented another person, u guys would have been rejoicing and preparing for swearing in ceremony grin.
This is the truth and yorubas are not fools. They know. 2023 will separate boys from men undecided. Pls prepare for your Biafra or death grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Dododawa01: 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2022
kingamaa:
This is misinformation

There is a difference between legitimate and illegitimate tax and over taxation

All commercial vehicles pay tax not just in Lagos alone.

That of Lagos has some peculiarities which is not new and the beauty of issues like this is the ability of the government and those involve to sit at a round table and resolve their issues which is exactly what is going on and the beauty of democracy.

Definitely better than killing each other, killing law enforcement agents, destroying government properties, disturbing the peace of the land and generally making life difficult for the common man.

You are making sense but some fool are just typing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Johel(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by victorsola: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
nlfpmod:

very biased write up by an igbo boy . It will always be tribal .
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Johel(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
FoolaniHellman:
Nah so e be for Anambra sef smiley

Soludo stopped it
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Bobbiee: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
Corridon:
The worst mistake Nigerians will make is to allow Tinubu become our president. This man will inflict unimaginable hardship on Nigerians once he achieve his lifetime ambition.

Even worse, he would carry the nonsense he's doing in Lagos to the presidency by installing one of his puppets after him.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by fkj950ax(m): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
TA4TA4:
Damn..... Truth be told..... Naija is bleeped up.... Na only 10 percent Lagos State go give back to the FG.... the remaining will be embezzled by these bastards

Hello sir,
No State gives FG any money collected from Motor Parks.
Confirm your facts before making assumptions.
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by fredosan(m): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
Its so painful how the career politicians had brainwashed Nigerians, pls let your vote next year be devoid of mediocrity. I mean look at the present reality, pls don't vote ethnicity vote credibility.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by snoopz: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
This facts ain't correct... If your are going badore from ajah, the Keke guy go first pay for ticket for the day,when he reach badore, if he carry passengers wen turning back, he gats pay , and no be once per day Dem dey collect from each Keke guy o
Na that bus own crazy pass from ajah underbridge , Dem go pay as Dem dey go, if Dem reach Lekki, Dem go still pay and pay and pay untill Dem pass Lekki epe express per trip. So how much con remain for these guys to take am

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Image123(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2022
The reason is not stated in the OP?
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by GistFullGround: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2022
D

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by miqos02(m): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
Springboot:

Do you have SanDisk 4TB external or any good one.
available for 385k boss
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Springboot: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
miqos02:
available for 385k boss

What's your location?
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by broadman20: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Thank you Mr Chijoke from Anambra state . I can see that you are more interested in Lagos affairs than your SE affairs out of political mischief.

Your feedback is well noted sir. LASG is already on the issue and has promised to get to the bottom of it.
check my signature for free stuffs!

You are born and bred with tribalism, maybe if we check properperly you are not even from Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by miqos02(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
Springboot:

What's your location?

Miqos computers ventures
12 OSITELU street off otigba street ikeja.

Zero Seven zero 612853 six five
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by dallasi: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
You copied my work without acknowledged, i will sue you

https://www.nairaland.com/7405692/lagos-agberos-2023-general-elections#117940784
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by mywells: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
slowpoke collecting such amount of money.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Ilaje1: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
MuslimIgbo:
There's nothing other than the effect Tinubu's creation, (Mind you, I'll not vote for Obi or Athiefkū) causing the drivers; Harassment, Exploitation and Intimidation.

Agberos have been around before Tinubu. Marwa fought them during his. These touts are willing tool's in the hand of politicians since first republic.
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by FreeStuffsNG: 4:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
broadman20:

You obviously pretend not to see the political mischief in his intentions and would rather feel an unrestrained urge to attack me. Do you know why? He is your fellow Igbo.

My point is that he did not tweet for altruism yet we will not ignore the message. We always want to be better.
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by newisd75: 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
if apc can not deal with d transport problem in lagos, i see lp winning d governorship election there

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by NavasBit: 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ibo man posting rubbish ��. Get sense ok. Go to your state then you can tell them bullshit. Tinubu have nothing to do with road transport. Wether you like it or not. He will still win in 2023. Hug transformer if you don't want. Bullshit
Re: Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike by Kingzeez10: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2022
Corridon:
The worst mistake Nigerians will make is to allow Tinubu become our president. This man will inflict unimaginable hardship on Nigerians once he achieve his lifetime ambition.
How about this? Is it for Tinubu also?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Things Nigerian Customs Must Not Find In Your Baggage / UK Grandmother Laments After Her Younger Nigerian Husband Is Denied Visa. Photos / Bike Share Graveyard Where Thousands Of Bicycles Are Abandoned In China(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.