Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy (12367 Views)

Why Lagos Commercial Drivers Are On Strike / Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems / BRT Collides With Commercial Bus On Kara Bridge, Ogun State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Hardtotrust: 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
Truly the economy is not smiling and commercial drivers are not smiling either. They mean business o.

So I wanted to go pick up something somewhere yesterday and didnt have the complete transport fare. Before subsidy removal, the same distance used to be N200 but it is now N450. I had only N300 with me and thought I could help beg a taxi driver to consider me. You won't believe once I flagged down a cab and say, please consider me, I'm going to so so place and I have only N300, the next thing you see is marching of throttle and voom, they zoom off. They don't even have time to listen to your plea, after all, no be them be Tinubu wey remove subsidy.

I stopped over 7 vehicles and none agreed to consider me for N300.

They prefer to even drive without a passenger than picking someone for a lesser fare.

Las las, I had to call the person that I will pick it up some other time.

I have also seen in several occasions people arguing and fighting over price differences. The commercial driver would argue this is his fare, the passenger would argue "oga na lie", leading to physical slug out. Funny.

Naija, i hail thee.

Share yours.

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Hardtotrust: 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
Happy Sunday to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by helinues: 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2023
None
Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Hardtotrust: 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
helinues:
None

May be na private jet u dey use.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Carmanbiz: 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2023
Honestly the street is not smiling. Worse is this man didn't put anything palliatives on ground before he took the decision. Suffering poor citizens more and more for nothing.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Hardtotrust: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
Carmanbiz:
Honestly the street is not smiling. Worse is this man didn't put anything palliatives on ground before he took the decision. Suffering poor citizens more and more for nothing.

As in eh. The man just took the decision as though it was ever that easy.

43 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Import duty increase from tomorrow

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Hardtotrust: 1:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
Import duty increase from tomorrow

Tell me more about that. Is it going to increase the price?
Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by WhiteRuler: 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
It's not funny at all. Each government comes to inflict more pains on poor Nigerians.

We had thought after Buhari, the next government will give us relief but we were wrong.

48 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Hardtotrust: 6:59am On Jun 26, 2023
So many will be trekking to work today especially salary earners.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by melonsgroup: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
K
Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by kristian98(m): 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
MY EXPERIENCE IS THAT Tinubu MUST GO!!!! angry
All of us at do not want him at AsoRock grin

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Angelfrost(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hardtotrust:
So many will be trekking to work today especially salary earners.

That's sad... After trekking, what energy or zeal will be left for the work??!

This will terribly diminish work output as well as the quality of life of our workforce!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Fryzi(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
The average nigerian is wicked. They take things like this as medium for cash out.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by callmevirus(m): 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
We're all in it together no exception

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Joshcoli(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Next time wear the APC cap and make sure it carries that Tinubu number 8 signature on it, I bet you they will carry you for N150

Try it and thank me later

29 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Lutherblaq: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Its really frustrating here, if you ask for a reduce from the price the mentioned, they will insult you and then shun you. sad

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Whois(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Heya. What they promised us vs reality shocked

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Allisgud: 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nobody even knows when this subsidy rubbish will be over,everybody just cool as if everything is fine nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Risingblue008(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Vawulence is the order of the day,
So as for now
No I beg borrow me money,
No I beg help me with garri
No I beg give me small lift
No use my fuel wash ur hand as an engineer
No smile,cos tinibu (buhari pro max)
Dey for chair,but soon be booted out,

Last last
We go dey fine

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by paparazi232(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
I don’t experience it thou ,bcus my shop to my house is just 7minute work but sometimes i do go the market to get stuffs , been a while I went to the market
Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hike in price.
Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Kharol1234: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
Omo me no get power to argue with any driver oo, if e favour me I enter if e no favour me my leg they for me I go trek to my destination

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by olaadenigeria(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
To be Frank, since the weekend that precede the announcement of the removing subsidy, I didn't resume my work that to and fro cost 1200 daily. Since then I didn't even stopped bike man talkless of caor bus. I left 60000 job for 30000 without transport cost. 1200 daily is now 1800. I will find another job if fuel or palliative is in place

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by nurey(m): 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Commercial bus are now very expensive. Sura to tow gate that used to be #200 is now #500. I no dey fight conductor, I know things are hard because I grew up in the streets, so I always have extra at hand and ready to play ball, people are frustrated if you annoy them you will collect wotowoto. grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Commercial Drivers Since The Removal Of Subsidy by Cutiekatty: 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Fryzi:
The average nigerian is wicked. They take things like this as medium for cash out.
Don't blame them, fuel price tripled and you expect them not to raise their price? I sometimes used my car to pick passengers on my way to work with 10k fuel everyday, I can only make 6k back from the 10k, imagine if transportation was my only source of income, will I not raise my price to the extreme just to make little profit to survive?

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sudan: We Need 4 Aircraft To Bring Nigerians Back — FG / Flight Tickets Jump By 40% As JET-A1 Now Sells For N240/l / How to travel to China from Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.