Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting (21014 Views)

Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / Half-Salary: ASUU Ends NEC Meeting, Keeps Mum On Outcome / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Relaxnrethink: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2022
Another indefinite strike loading.
APC and her crooks can lie but cannot sustain that lies forever.

Keeping on collecting bribes, we shall all in one way or the order feel the heat and I'm sure that token you collected won't save you.

A party that ought to be apologising for waste of lives and properties is fielding another known criminals and some fools are comfortable praising them.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Dchampion65: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

your tone shows you are an apc supporter.. their agreement is not hard to fulfill if the government show commitment.. you that you are talking are u always satisfy with what you have.. a responsible government will do the needful before things go out of hand if they value education.. is like a father who didn't take care of his family complaining that his family demands is outrageous..human demands is insatifiable

This is not about parties. I am not affiliated to any of them.
My submission is, we had enough of this ASUU behaving as if they are the only union in Nigeria. Government too should be proactive as well. Where two of them can't reach an agreement, the court should make a definite pronouncement according to law governing such.
Two things will happen when you keep fastening a knot, either it break or worn out.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Dreal1247: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2022
Dchampion65:

Sincerely no govt can meet ASUU demand signed by Jonathan and PDP government.
I wondered why they conceded to such demand. ASUU is now using it as a premises to strangulate every government in power.

But some people with only OND can afford #100.00 APC nomination form. Someone can steal #109 billion and still be freely moving about as a free person in the society. Crude oil is being drilled and exported without accounting. The government is a fraud.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by alimiadedayo1: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2022
Dchampion65:

This is not about parties. I am not affiliated to any of them.
My submission is, we had enough of this ASUU behaving as if they are the only union in Nigeria. Government too should be proactive as well. Where two of them can't reach an agreement, the court should make a definite pronouncement according to law governing such.
Two things will happen when you keep fastening a knot, either it break or worn out.
my brother you dont know we are very nice in the country people are really suffering in this country.. u can't believe contonu cefa currency is more valuable than our money why did they not give a damn about us? is because we dont hold our government responsible for this present situation we found ourselves and they take us for granted now coming back to ASUU the government want to treat the education sector the way they treat economy, security and other sectors which you know ASUU is the only formidable union we have in this country.. let me tell you the truth my bro if other union is like ASUU government would have improved the economy sector, you are human being can you tell me that the present renumention you collect from your place of work can sustain you with the economic situation of this country? remember the minimum wage is still 18k and a bag of rice is going to 60k how do you expect people to survive.. this government has failed us in all sectors and ASUU is justified by their actions.. the truth is we people dont know the value of ASUU in our education until the government establishes their will in the education sector in fact we will all miss ASUU if time comes.. but my advice to ASUU is that they should not fight for the students again and allow the government to increase the school fees as they plan so that all the silly students abusing lectures old enough to be their father will drop out of school and will experience the reality of life

1 Like

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Elsueno: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2022
grin grin

Lmao, ngige is a true nigga, some universities haven't even resume till next week while others resumed at d end of October & they expect full salary 4 d month of October?.

Osadike or whatever d ASUU chairman name is, is truly a disaster for ASUU, reason all thier shyt gets tolerated & they get paid in full is because d strike are only in bit & pieces...but dis prideful new chairman push d govt to thier elastic limit grin
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2022
BIZNess123:
cool

Thunder fire ASUU

ASUU wants to reap where they did not sow....

Strike again if hunger will not reset ur brains..

U guys are heartless.....very soon it will ENDASUU now ..watch out..

What was your say about the new salary increase request for the President down to National Assembly members

Do you think the President of Nigeria and vice with all Ministers deserve a salary with how bad they have positioned this country?

Do you think they should be talking about increase in their salaries as well with the present condition of Nigeria?...

So Lecturers in Nigeria do no deserve salary increase??
Even to implement the little Federal Government said , is very hard for Buhari Government....

So tell me who is actually the heartless one here??

Federal Government is just using the students as a bait for the lecturers to have pity and mercy but the same Federal Government do not care about the same students too....lols

NIGERIAN in shambles by APC Government....

1 Like

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Nosayer: 11:57am On Nov 04, 2022
Reinaldo:

They think Nigerians are foolish and they can buy everybody with money

Maybe not every Nigerian is foolish but for sure, many of them are still shouting Batified up and down.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by JJuanMiguel: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2022
AyobamiIsaac12:
Seems the return of ASUU strike is imminent.
You want the lecturers to be totally ruined financially?
They still have November and December salaries to earn in full, while the court decide about the arrears.
Going back home to meet no work no pay won't be a smart move

1 Like

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by JJuanMiguel: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

my brother you dont know we are very nice in the country people are really suffering in this country.. u can't believe contonu cefa currency is more valuable than our money why did they not give a damn about us? is because we dont hold our government responsible for this present situation we found ourselves and they take us for granted now coming back to ASUU the government want to treat the education sector the way they treat economy, security and other sectors which you know ASUU is the only formidable union we have in this country.. let me tell you the truth my bro if other union is like ASUU government would have improved the economy sector, you are human being can you tell me that the present renumention you collect from your place of work can sustain you with the economic situation of this country? remember the minimum wage is still 18k and a bag of rice is going to 60k how do you expect people to survive.. this government has failed us in all sectors and ASUU is justified by their actions.. the truth is we people dont know the value of ASUU in our education until the government establishes their will in the education sector in fact we will all miss ASUU if time comes.. but my advice to ASUU is that they should not fight for the students again and allow the government to increase the school fees as they plan so that all the silly students abusing lectures old enough to be their father will drop out of school and will experience the reality of life
If FG increase tuition fee, will the lecturers be immuned to the problems that will arise from it?
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by shortIGBOman: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
kenny714433:
Guys, did FG clear the backlog 8 months salary of ASUU? Because if it had done, I don't see any reason they should be kicking.

Why will FG pay them for the 8 months they didn't work? FG no be Father Christmas. Make ASUU go fvck themselves.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by shortIGBOman: 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
clydecarson:

Your genation is a monkey, slowpoke...all I know is thief and bokoharam leader can't rule this country so get the Bleep offfffff my mention useless urchins

Emaka, no dey insult patriotic Nigerians for here. grin

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by alimiadedayo1: 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

If FG increase tuition fee, will the lecturers be immuned to the problems that will arise from it?
infact it will solve 50 percent of the issue on ground you dont the main issue is all about funding and money and which the government did not want to take part in it.. for example if the tution fees in 500k infact there will not be strike for good 5 years government will just drop 50 percent to the school and the school will source the remaining 50 percent from school charges and fees

2 Likes

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by JJuanMiguel: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
alimiadedayo1:
infact it will solve 50 percent of the issue on ground you dont the main issue is all about funding and money and which the government did not want to take part in it.. for example if the tution fees in 500k infact there will not be strike for good 5 years government will just drop 50 percent to the school and the school will source the remaining 50 percent from school charges and fees
The lecturers have their children and wards in public universities too, unlike the politicians.
If the tuition fee is 500k too, they will have to pay.
They are still fighting for themselves by rejecting such move
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by 9jatriot(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2022
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Picardor2: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
[quote author=chokekachy post=118111487][/quote] Ngige is a bitch
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by udopee(f): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2022
Unfortunately, not all lecturers receive the so called half payment.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by JJuanMiguel: 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2022
udopee:
Unfortunately, not all lecturers receive the so called half payment.
Na raffle draw
Real payment starts this month ending.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by alimiadedayo1: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

The lecturers have their children and wards in public universities too, unlike the politicians.
If the tuition fee is 500k too, they will have to pay.
They are still fighting for themselves by rejecting such move
but they can afford to pay it with their salary but what about the poor families who cannot afford it.. the truth is the students will be the one that will pay the price
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by JJuanMiguel: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

but they can afford to pay it with their salary but what about the poor families who cannot afford it.. the truth is the students will be the one that will pay the price
Most of them can't afford to pay it.
Even with the average fee of 50k per session, some of them are already struggling financially. It will also affect them no doubt.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Georgejeez: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2022
Peter Obi said in theory that he doesn't give shishi

But in Practical , Buhari is the real executioner of that slogan.

You can't work half month and expect full salary , next time before they embark on strike they will weigh their options properly
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by GorillaApp(m): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
kenny714433:
Guys, did FG clear the backlog 8 months salary of ASUU? Because if it had done, I don't see any reason they should be kicking.
Dem Neva fit payment person complete one month salary and you dey ask of 8 months grin
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by alimiadedayo1: 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Most of them can't afford to pay it.
Even with the average fee of 50k per session, some of them are already struggling financially. It will also affect them no doubt.
you are not correct lectures are different from teachers.. my father as a lecturer died as chief principal lecturer collecting almost 500k and u are telling he will not be able to afford to send a kid to school worth 500k per year or session there are many private schools that is less than 400k which many lecturers can afford especially those who have spent 15 years in service
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by BIZNess123(m): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2022
sureEbh:

If you ENDASUU, would you also end lecturers? Think. More trouble ahead. The worst the government can do is to sack all the lecturers, which also has consequences.

If government sacks all of them you will be shocked by the massive crowds ready to replace them..
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by maasoap(m): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
YoungLionken:
So ASUU really thinks that the Buhari led government, would fulfill their pledges??

I laugh and pity ASUU at the same time..

ASUU actually went back to school because of the partition threat and court order by FG...

What pledges did Buhari make to them? That he would pay them for all the eight months that they didn't work? All what I read at the time from Ngige was, no work no pay.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by Ijb11: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2022
Again
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by JJuanMiguel: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

you are not correct lectures are different from teachers.. my father as a lecturer died as chief principal lecturer collecting almost 500k and u are telling he will not be able to afford to send a kid to school worth 500k per year or session there are many private schools that is less than 400k which many lecturers can afford especially those who have spent 15 years in service
If you have an option to pay 50k or 500k for something, I'm sure you'll fight for the former.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by sureEbh: 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2022
BIZNess123:

If government sacks all of them you will be shocked by the massive crowds ready to replace them..

This sounds shallow? If they sack the lecturers, will they also create professors in 1 day? The university don't work that way. The government can't do more than they have already done. More battles ahead. Watch.
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by BIZNess123(m): 6:07am On Nov 05, 2022
sureEbh:

This sounds shallow? If they sack the lecturers, will they also create professors in 1 day? The university don't work that way. The government can't do more than they have already done. More battles ahead. Watch.
Distinies are in ur hands .. u can choose to destroy or delay them it's ur choice...

U can't be setting at home not rendering any service and expect pay ..its not done anywhere in the world..

Even the bible says if anyone will not work let him not eat.

1 Like

Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by mikess: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
ASUU as a body has failed ! You should have considered FG offer , call off the long overdue strike , after all there will soon be a change in Govt. ASUU has lost Public sympathy.

There is no moral justification to ask to be paid for work not done .
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by alimiadedayo1: 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

If you have an option to pay 50k or 500k for something, I'm sure you'll fight for the former.
I will go for 500k if they will give the quality education I needed
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by JJuanMiguel: 8:22am On Nov 09, 2022
alimiadedayo1:

I will go for 500k if they will give the quality education I needed
We are talking about same quality, same everything.

ASUU won't allow FG to raise fee to 500k, cos ASUU know the kind of services they render and they won't want to pay such amount for their own kids/wards for such services
Re: October Half Salary: ASUU To Summon NEC Meeting by alimiadedayo1: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

We are talking about same quality, same everything.

ASUU won't allow FG to raise fee to 500k, cos ASUU know the kind of services they render and they won't want to pay such amount for their own kids/wards for such services
public lectures are better than the private counterpart take it to the bank I can bet that with you.. even if they increase the school fees it doesn't change anything but will boost ASUU morale in giving more quality education to the students..this can be solved if the government is responsible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shell Undergraduate Scholarship 2013 / WAEC Result Upgrade Is Fake See Why You Should Not Do It / Sexual Harassment: Victim’s Result Still Withheld By OAU After Lecturer’s Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.