Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,158 members, 7,957,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution (1758 Views)

Buhari Swears In New Permanent Secretaries / (UPDATED)GEJ Swears In Eight New Ministers Today / Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Seun(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2011
I am a firm believer of the doctrine of Separation of Powers since nations rise and fall in accordance to how they relate to the rule of law. I have sworn an oath to defend the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I refuse to be pressured to do things that will be against our constitution. Our nation is going through tough times but because Nigerians are tougher, these tough times will not last. There is nothing that constitutionalism and dialogue cannot resolve. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/224785664238482

What do you think?
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
The same jonathan that doesn't believe that each state should have her own state police ? I laff in ijaw
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Beaf: 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The same jonathan that doesn't believe that each state should have her own state police ? I laff in ijaw

. . .But that is not in the constitution surely.
That said, I'm all for state police.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
Beaf:

. . .But that is not in the constitution surely.
That said, I'm all for state police.

What jonathan should do is to listen to the voice of the people and give Nigerians total federalism not the political decentralization of power he 's canvassing that is meant to target opposition states.Why can 't he start the decentralization from the presidency ?
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by LFJ: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
Seun:

I am a firm believer of the doctrine of Separation of Powers since nations rise and fall in accordance to how they relate to the rule of law. I have sworn an oath to defend the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I refuse to be pressured to do things that will be against our constitution. Our nation is going through tough times but because Nigerians are tougher, these tough times will not last. There is nothing that constitutionalism and dialogue cannot resolve. GEJ

Fake statement from a fake president
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Beaf: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What jonathan should do is to listen to the voice of the people and give Nigerians total federalism not the political decentralization of power he 's canvassing that is meant to target opposition states.Why can 't he start the decentralization from the presidency ?

You need to understand that there is no constitutional mechanism to change the structure of the nation. GEJ can only suggest amends and then allow the people to force their will on their legislators and senators. It has to be a quiet, deliberate and well thought out effort to achieve the goal we all want; otherwise, there are many forces, especially from the least developed parts of the country that are willing to rock the boat.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by blacksta(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
obviously GEJ doesn't write these fb statements as always his actions forever contradicts what ever you read on his page
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by musiwa48: 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
Jonathan no get lawyer. Nigeria constitution does not allow Ayo salami to be fired or suspended. see the constitution. Because he had a case pending in court. This is the Nigeria constitution. You can not fire someone whose case is pending in court. You need the senate to fire him. The senate was never involve . You need 2/3 of the senate to fire Ayo salami.

Jonathan has been made to breach the constitution of Nigeria.

Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
Beaf:

You need to understand that there is no constitutional mechanism to change the structure of the nation. GEJ can only suggest amends and then allow the people to force their will on their legislators and senators. It has to be a quiet, deliberate and well thought out effort to achieve the goal we all want; otherwise, there are many forces, especially from the least developed parts of the country that are willing to rock the boat.

There is already a six year single term proposal and a bill to create mini states by giving autonomy to local governments pending,why are other essential amendments that will ensure fiscal and true federalism not being proposed by jonathan ? Or is he afraid of losing his presidential power ?
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Rhino5dm: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
Then why do they allow that thief walks free from senate ad hoc commitee even after admitting collecting bribes from Mike Adenuga? See, this man is a joker fit for the circus. Commander in cheif of moorrons. I can stake my wage that that dumbo can never make such articulate statement.

"Bombing is a normal thing even in the western world" -GEJ shocked
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Beaf: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

There is already a six year single term proposal and a bill to create mini states by giving autonomy to local governments pending,why are other essential amendments that will ensure fiscal and true federalism not being proposed by jonathan ? Or is he afraid of losing his presidential power ?

There are about 50 amendments he is proposing (only a couple have leaked). All are very fundamental I would imagine, so lets wait and see.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
Alright, then why has he yet to declare his assets given the constitution mandates he do exactly that before his swearing in. We need Government that not only speaks but walk the walk . . . even when it comes to the simplest or most basic.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Rhino5dm: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2011
Because he is one of the old corrupt politician, whom primary intrest is to stay-put on the throne for the sake of it. Is OBJ not by far better than this apology?

Even as dumb as OBJ is, he definately know when to push for tenure elongation while clueless dolt is dreaming about ruling and making that his first priority instead of delivering on the tons and loads of political promises resting on his table.

When you put "mr.i got no shoes" in power then you should be ready walk bare footed

~Bluetooth:

Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
Beaf:

There are about 50 amendments he is proposing (only a couple have leaked). All are very fundamental I would imagine, so lets wait and see.
In all honesty,do you actually think Jonathan will propose any bill that will compromise his supreme presidential  powers ? What about total federalism,state police ?
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Beaf: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

In all honesty,do you actually think Jonathan will propose any bill that will compromise his supreme presidential  powers ? What about total federalism,state police ?

I believe most of the proposals have to do with true federalism. He can only propose and wait for the Nigerian mood to drive issues, because such matters require a groundswell of opinion.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by musiwa48: 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
protest over ayo salami

Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Demdem(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
Seun:

What do you think?

Because he said it does not mean he will abide by it. I dont think he meant it. undecided
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by konkolok: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
Are the people commending and joining Jonathan to praise himself on FB really Nigerians, living in Nigeria and experiencing the stark realities on ground? Fear catch me! angry . The Man says he has ordered the price of cement to come down, they clap and when they get to the market the price has increased. The next day , he says inflation reduced, they clap and hail, yet the go to the market and buy one cup of garri for N500. Today of all days, he sacks the PCA and tells the morons that he alone knows how to protect the rule of law and the stooupid, idiotas are hailing him! angry angry embarassed lipsrsealed cry angry . Na wa for these people oh! How can the Mumulicious president ever get to know the real truth?
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by werepeLeri: 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^^^

See how the thing pain u reach. We know who d mumu be sha. LOL
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Johndoe100(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
This is why I like GEJ, he is focused.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Ufeolorun(m): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
Seun:

What do you think?

Seun why dont you tell us what you think? undecided
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by hbrednic: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
Good one GEJ,you are the best.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Roland17(m): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2011
What stupid loyalty is he talking about, the same constitution he failed to respect in the process of suspending and sacking of justice salami?
Politicians are all the same.
"breath of fresh air indeed"
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by tefund(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2011
state police is the only solution to police ineffectiveness
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by prettyboi1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
Nothing about Jonathan being a failure to all the trust most of Nigeria put in him is a surprise to me, the guy only talks & never does shit. Before the 2011 elections,I was going to vote for him as president believing in his "transparency" talk & all the noise he made about being "transparent" until the day all 4 major presidential candidates were up for a presidential debate & our "mr I believe in transparency" did not show up neither did his vice a week before, it was instant,how I turned my back on relying on anything Jonathan said/says & so far he has not proved me wrong. ALL HE DOES IS TALK,NO ACTION,NO GUTS,NO BALLS,NO CLUES,NOTHING. I'm sad that he's letting a lot of Nigerians who put all their trust in him down even though I'm glad I eventually didn't vote for him. There's still so much time for him to show his worth,but so far so good he's not repping the people that voted him.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by marcus1234: 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by FindOut(m): 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
This reminds me of Femi Fani-Kayode's usual response as spokesman for OBJ wheneva the 3rd term question was thrown to him: ''The president will abide by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria''.

Jonathan said he won't be a beneficiary of the 6 year single term.

If the single term amendment is approved (by hook or by crook) & d constitution is successfully amended before the end of his tenure (as I'm fairly certain dat would happen once that particular amendment is passed), Can someone please explain to me how GEJ won't be a beneficiary, as he has now reminded us again that he would ''abide by the constitution''.

I wont be surprised if some lawyers go to court seeking an order to ''compel'' the president to obey the single term of 6 years ''as contained in the constitution'', therefore our GEJ will ''have no choice but to obey the constitution (unwillingly abi??)''

Why am i not surprised that some people have started regretting their votes for him. Lol.

The leaders think the followers are daft, they may be right, and then, they may be wrong.

Goodluck Nigeria. Lets hope Mr GEJ 'll start fulfilling his mountain load of promises soon.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by kinguwem: 3:48am On Aug 23, 2011
Unless we start building strong institutions and systems instead of relying on powerful personalities, Nigeria's retarded development will persist.
Corruption and ethnicity are major factors breeding mediocrity in our systems. I'm not surprised by recent events in the country. Crying wolf now is a waste of time. We've always had reasons in the past to tolerate illegalities. Nobody knows who the next victim would be.
If nigerians can put heads together to rig elections, siphon public funds and cause religious crises why can't we put heads together to correct the anomalies in the system.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by seanet02: 4:38am On Aug 23, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Seun why dont you tell us what you think? undecided
Na today? Seun is a known agent and apologist of Gej. He is one of Gej's internet media manipulators.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by Seun(m): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2011
seanet02:

Na today? Seun is a known agent and apologist of Gej. He is one of Gej's internet media manipulators.

That's not true.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by lagos2NYC: 11:31am On Aug 23, 2011
^^^ Yes it is.
Re: GEJ Swears His Loyalty To The Nigerian Constitution by maclatunji: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
Seun:

That's not true.

Guy, no smoke without fire. I thought you said you will publish evidence that you are not on GEJ's payroll. We are waiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

(1) (Reply)

Could Patience Johnathan Have Said All This????????? (pls Read) / Ghana To Bury Late President In State House / Bakassi: Will Nigeria Appeal ICJ Ruling ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.