Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law (3065 Views)

How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Lamanii22(f): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hello everyone, what is the best way to tell my brother-in-law to stop peeing in the bathroom… like even if you pee there, you can at least flush it, like it’s sickening, the stench that comes from there is unbearable… plus I wash the toilet and bathroom like 3 times in a week, it just seem as if I’m wasting my effort in making the restroom clean….

You can at least pity someone’s effort…. I like everywhere clean and someone is just ruining it for me…. Whenever there’s a urine smell immediately I enter the house I can tell he is around cause he is the only one who does that….

Another thing is, doesn’t he perceive it too? Sometimes I even feel like I am over-reacting lol… I just want ways of telling him politely without causing any trouble…

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by PlayMaker14: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lamanii22:
Hello everyone, what is the best way to tell my brother-in-law to stop peeing in the bathroom… like even if you pee there, you can at least flush it, like it’s sickening, the stench that comes from there is unbearable… plus I wash the toilet and bathroom like 3 times in a week, it just seem as if I’m wasting my effort in making the restroom clean….

You can at least pity someone’s effort…. I like everywhere clean and someone is just ruining it for me…. Whenever there’s a urine smell immediately I enter the house I can tell he is around cause he is the only one who does that….

Another thing is, doesn’t he perceive it too? Sometimes I even feel like I am over-reacting lol… I just want ways of telling him politely without causing any trouble…

Just look at the way you're mocking him at the emboldened statement. There was absolutely no need for that.

Just tell him politely.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by asuraking: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
It seem like you don't have a very close relationship with your brother.e b like sey you dey fear am,since you can't tell him direct.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Acidosis(m): 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
Talk to him directly or indirectly (through his brother).

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Eyesstone(f): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
You can collect his phone and type the message, give it to him back or send sms using polite tone.
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Holybaddo: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
Tell your husband to tell his brother grin

15 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by money121(m): 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2022
Ok
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Lamanii22(f): 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Just look at the way you're mocking him at the emboldened statement. There was absolutely no need for that.

Just tell him politely.
I’m not mocking anyone, it’s just something I ask myself…. It is that ‘politely’ gan that is the problem, you know we are yorubas and no matter how you say something politely, they’d still term it as disrespect cause the person is older than you….

13 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Lamanii22(f): 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
[quote author=Holybaddo post=118154340]Tell your husband to tell his brother grin[quote] grin grin grin I have told him plenty times to tell him, he would just say okay and then nothing would be done… I don’t want to ruin their relationship lol

1 Like

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Lamanii22(f): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Eyesstone:
You can collect his phone and type the message, give it to him back or send sms using polite tone.
ohh okay, might try this… cause he might not even know what he is doing is bad…
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by PlayMaker14: 10:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lamanii22:
I’m not mocking anyone, it’s just something I ask myself…. It is that ‘politely’ gan that is the problem, you know we are yorubas and no matter how you say something politely, they’d still term it as disrespect cause the person is older than you….

“Whenever there’s a urine smell immediately I enter the house I can tell he is around”

Let's assume one of your in-laws is a member of this forum and comes up with something like this; Whenever there's offensive body odor oozing from the gate, I can tell Olamide is around...

How would you see that?

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Lamanii22(f): 10:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
asuraking:
It seem like you don't have a very close relationship with your brother.e b like sey you dey fear am,since you can't tell him direct.
it’s not as if I fear him or anything… it’s just, I don’t want to hurt his feelings
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Lamanii22(f): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
PlayMaker14:

“Whenever there’s a urine smell immediately I enter the house I can tell he is around”

Let's assume one of your in-laws is a member of this forum and comes up with something like this; Whenever there's offensive body odor oozing from the gate, I can tell Olamide is around...

How would you see that?
This your comment is more like an attack lol, I only ask for ways of telling someone politely to stop a bad habit… P.S I don’t have body odour…

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by PlayMaker14: 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lamanii22:
This your comment is more like an attack lol, I only ask for ways of telling someone politely to stop a bad habit… P.S I don’t have body odour…
Lol, you see it as attack now? Same way your BIL will see that statement of yours... Just wanted you to know there was no need for that disrespectful description.

Just tell him, no other ways.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Holybaddo: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lamanii22:
go ahead and tell
Note the manner of your approach matters a lot
You can tell him this way "In-law pls I want to ask something from you promise you won't get angry"
Problem solved unless you pick the wrong word or the guy is an idiot

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by dawnomike(m): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
Lamanii22:

Tell your sister to tell him politely
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Vision101(m): 2:16am On Nov 06, 2022
This is a sign of a man that was raised and spent some years living in face-me-I-slap you apartment. He's used to it.

Send a text to him reminding him of how bad it is.

Or immediately he pees enter the bathroom in his presence and start washing it with disinfectant.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:25am On Nov 06, 2022
Pee in the bathtub or shower room? Whichever, how can anyone do that.

He probably does not realise it is wrong.

Sit him down privately and teach him respectfully that the bathroom is not for peeing:

1. Please don't be offended because this is a sensitive issue I want to discuss with you.
2. I notice that you pee in the bathroom. It leaves the whole place smelling and it can lead to disease for everyone who uses the bathroom.
3. The bath tub or bathroom or shower room is not designed for peeing.
4. The WC in the toilet is the place designed for peeing.
5. I'll appreciate it if you stop peeing in the bathroom.
6. It is in your own interest and in the interest of your sister and every other member of the family living here.

Teach him that peeing is done in the toilet.

If he doesn't change, throw him out. Stop this useless "mock respect" for those who don't respect themselves.

Lamanii22:

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by HarunaWest(m): 8:00am On Nov 06, 2022
Lamanii22:

Can't your hubby Inform him instead?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Cutehector(m): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2022
Such behaviours should not be condoned.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by crackhaus: 8:29am On Nov 06, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6869432/husbands-nephew-update

Last year, it was your husband's nephew you were here to complain and rant about. Now it's your husband's brother.

Be like say you nor dey let your husband people drink water drop cup for that una house abi.

Tuehh... grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Ginaz(f): 8:36am On Nov 06, 2022
Me I will tell him straight up no time for any pretense. I can’t be suffering in silence, I hate bad behaviors.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Mindlog: 8:43am On Nov 06, 2022
Let your husband be the one to do the talking.
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by BigCowHornn: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2022
It's a habit most people get from living in shared quarters like face me I slap you.. slums where 12 families can share 1 toilet and bathroom.
Each family having up to 10 members.

It's a crowd and no one flushes or cleans toilets for a week except on Saturdays .. that's clean up day.. each family gets to clean that general area

You don't want to know what the toilet looks like by Thursday and Friday. Trust my your in law doesn't even know what he is doing. Flushing after peeing is a waste of water.. just ask him.

If you can't, find someone to talk to him about hygiene in private property then be patient. Habits are hard to correct.

Mistakes will be plenty

1 Like

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by CanineOfJackal: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2022
How can an adult pee in the bathroom and you are soliciting for advice on how to tell him

This Yoruba clownish respect is always their undoing

1 Like

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by detectivejones: 10:29am On Nov 06, 2022
Talk to him politely about it, sometimes we do things without unknowinglz until we are told. Or talk to your husband to tell to him. See the way you've dragged him now, what if he or your husband is on this forum.
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2022
The woman is just telling the truth and the truth can sometimes hurt.

There's nothing disrespectful about what she said.
PlayMaker14:
Lol, you see it as attack now? Same way your BIL will see that statement of yours... Just wanted you to know there was no need for that disrespectful description.

Just tell him, no other ways.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by mejai(m): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2022
A very dirty act. Even my kids at their tender ages know how to flush after peeing. When there's no water, they will still go ahead and fetch it. Just tell him anyhow u want it.
Biko buy cane if necessary and flog him, if he continues, break his head with beer bottles. grin
Nonsense Adult brother in-law.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by PlayMaker14: 11:27am On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:
The woman is just telling the truth and the truth can sometimes hurt.

There's nothing disrespectful about what she said.
Same way I gave a "Truthful" illustration which was mistaken as an attack.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 06, 2022
It's not an attack, just the truth.

If a person has a body odor, someone must tell him or her, so that he or she can start taking good care of him or herself.

So what she said it's not disrespectful.
PlayMaker14:
Same way I gave a "Truthful" illustration which was mistaking as an attack.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by PlayMaker14: 11:33am On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:
It's not an attack, just the truth.

If a person has a body odor, someone must tell him or her, so that he or she can start taking good care of him or herself.

So what she said it's not disrespectful.
We're still saying same thing.

I gave similar illustration and how she would react if someone made that statement... I believe she was not pleased with it and decided to call it an attack.

That's exactly how the BIL would have felt if he saw that statement.
Re: How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2022
Lamanii22:

Are you calling him a He-goat?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Wife Caught Having Sex With Ex-boyfriend On Their Wedding Night. / Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding / After 16 Years Of Marriage Man Finds Out 3 Of His 4 Children Are Not His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.