Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,136 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 (18336 Views)

Strike Continues As ASUU NEC Fails To Suspend Action / Disregard The Fake News About School Resumption On September (see Full Summary) / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Selfmotivated: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://fij.ng/article/update-ASUU-nec-to-debate-strike-resumption-tomorrow/
ASUU better don't because the 7 months strike only affects lecturers and students; FG is showing lackadaisical attitude towards education. WTF
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
ekukeku:
Na still student go suffer am

But to be sincere, some people expecially some youth will still vote for APC

I pity una existence aswear
LOl

When TINUBU is your next president

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by FaithBrain1994(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
Debating peoples' future
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Analog95(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
I think it is hightime students fill up Nigeria to protests on EndAsuu. We all know the government is insensitive in their approach but on the other hand, anyone that didn't work shouldn't eat. How will you redone work on the 14th and expect to be paid a full month salary. Will you as a lecturer also give a student 100% mark if he solved 2 questions out of 4? Your strike has no effect on the government and you know that, the students are the ones that will suffer it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by GGirll: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
Foolish scholars!!!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by HopeNeverDies: 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
Damnnn!!!!
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Princesschi(f): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
And some people will still vote APC in 2023...

Tueeehh
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by OgaDeyVex: 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nawa o
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by lebienconnu: 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2022
This government is very clueless.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Emmanuelellah: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
Since they don't want student to go back to school but to remain wareward at home crime will continue, one cannot travel freely now kidnapping on our road, very soon kidnapping on air will start. Nowhere is safe.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by GENES11S: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jestin:
The government of this country like to give attention to unnecessary things. Instead of paying them and allow them to resume with small joy , they went to pay half salary and package it with one big English ( Pro-ra-ta)

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Curious345: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
Are you married ? And are you children of university age ?
Analog95:
I think it is hightime students fill up Nigeria to protests on EndAsuu. We all know the government is insensitive in their approach but on the other hand, anyone that didn't work shouldn't eat. How will you redone work on the 14th and expect to be paid a full month salary. Will you as a lecturer also give a student 100% mark if he solved 2 questions out of 4? Your strike has no effect on the government and you know that, the students are the ones that will suffer it.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by GeneralBuhari: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Fools.

If you like go on a One year strike.

Thank God for no work no pay policy of the federal government.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Curious345:
Good move

EVERY STUDENT URCHIN ,WHO HOPES TO VOTE APC must be cured from madness by force
Lol

Most of those students don't have PVC
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by charly20(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2022
ASUU's audacity Sha.

For all saying they should be paid for 8 months that they didn't work for, students are being put on a mental strain right now to prepare for exams. If these students fail, they will still be awarded "F" and the lecturers will still have full bellies (if they are paid the 8 months). When students fail because of this misfortune and commit suicide, you people will say yen yen yen.

ASUU could have called off the strike before it stretched this much but they said no (for no apparent reason). Students supporting this ASUU's move are the ones i feel sad for, because what is Stockholm syndrome if not this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by osazsky(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2022
Analog95:
have they given u d money in bursary.. even In Europe when union goes on strike Gov psays them..but the whites have sense cuz it govt knows she is d one losing so it doesn't last more than 1 week before everything is revolved try get sense..waiting bansngida and Abacha nor fit fight na this lefulefu military man wan fight..someone that sends his IG of police to Jos and he doesn't goes..bubu na waek man na..its a lost battle...make una try put obi so that u can go bK to sch ..simple
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Curious345: 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Lol

Most of those students don't have PVC

Most of them do now .. the obi effect has really helped in galvanising our democracy .

We must be grateful to him
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by osazsky(m): 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2022
charly20:
ASUU's audacity Sha.

For all saying they should be paid for 8 months that they didn't work for, students are being put on a mental strain right now to prepare for exams. If these students fail, they will still be awarded "F" and the lecturers will still have full bellies.

ASUU could have called off the strike before it stretched this much but they said no (for no apparent reason). Students supporting this ASUU's move are the ones i feel sad for, because what is Stockholm syndrome if not this?
govt would have resolved the issue before it stretched to 8 months...if they had done this nobody for they talk no work no pay

4 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Maj196(m): 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
Then they should expect salary of 5k, 10k, 20k. This month

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
Curious345:

Most of them do now .. the obi effect has really helped in galvanising our democracy .

We must be grateful to him
LOl

Most of them just registered for PVC
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by worksmart(m): 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
Why did they even resume, they should strike for 3 continuous years na! angry

Any , I blame the students.

The strike they have power to end within 3days by simply protesting.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by badoh(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
I think Buhari and Ngige are hell bent on frustrating ASUU and also making it very difficult for the presidential candidate of APC. Most of the blames go to Tinubu as if he's the one ruling. The entire blame should go to millions of Nigerians that voted for buhari and brought him to power.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Kobicove(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
So this matter has still not ended? sad
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by charly20(m): 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2022
osazsky:
govt would have resolved the issue before it stretched to 8 months...if they had done this nobody for they talk no work no pay

Did you follow the progression of events leading up to this point? If yes, you will remember that government told the ASUU representatives; "we have heard you, go back to class let us look into the matter" (I paraphrase).

ASUU said; "No! We will not. We don't trust the government to grant our requests".

Government said; "if you don't return, they will be no work no pay policy enforced."

ASUU called the government's bluff claiming they are fighting for students (politics as usual).

Now government is implementing the "no work, no pay" and everybody is crying blue murder.

Students are going through mental hell right now and you think ASUU is fighting for their welfare?

Nonsense!

7 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by osazsky(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
My mind is telling me that bubu wants to kill apc before d general elections so that another fulani man can enter from pdp..telling from all that played in apc pry cuz Tinubu was never his candidate.. and I dont see y u should pay professors peanuts when election is barely 3 months from now..this move was too close to the election but yoruba slaves dont see what is going to hit them...this is tribe over party interst...he is a bigot ..bubu try help Tinubu o..Tinubu wont be happy now.i am sure he must have called bubu to assist him in payment of some months but the wicked man refused. Only for the wise..if the west are wise ,from all these senero, them for join obi t0 Bleep bubu Atiku up

4 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by osazsky(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
charly20:

Did you follow the progression of events leading up to this point? If yes, you will remember that government told the ASUU representatives; "we have heard you, go back to class let us look into the matter" (I paraphrase).

ASUU said; "No! We will not. We don't trust the government to grant our requests".

Government said; "if you don't return, they will be no work no pay policy enforced."

ASUU called the government's bluff claiming they are fighting for students (politics as usual).

Now government is implementing the "no work, no pay" and everybody is crying blue murder.

Students are going through mental hell right now and you think ASUU is fighting for their welfare?

Nonsense!
they have been telling them to go back since 2015...yet nothing is done..promises upon promises.. sir I am in the sys..u wont understand

5 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Slydan204: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
Wow...just wow...is there something we ar not being told here. Chai! What a pitiful situation this
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Arry110(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
Joebayo217:
people dey try go private or any neighborhood country federal University like dis
not many can afford it
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by charly20(m): 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
osazsky:
they have been telling them to go back since 2015...yet nothing is done..promises upon promises.. sir I am in the sys..u wont understand

Sir, I am equally in the system and i understand perfectly what is going on.

You can't fight the government, you will lose everytime
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by nahr(f): 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
smh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK: Schools In Leeds Lockdown After Threatening E-mails To Staff, Students / Student Rolls On Floor After Receiving ₦‎50,000 Education Grant From Ogun State / Fut Minna Remedial Form Now On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.