Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,050 members, 7,828,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 (18335 Views)

Strike Continues As ASUU NEC Fails To Suspend Action / Disregard The Fake News About School Resumption On September (see Full Summary) / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jestin:
The government of this country like to give attention to unnecessary things. Instead of paying them and allow them to resume with small joy , they went to pay half salary and package it with one big English ( Pro-ra-ta)

Nobe only prorata na ratata grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by femicyrus(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2022
shuttox:
I am tired of this APC regime

Playing with youths future
Shut up
ASUU is going on strike as usual while playing with the future of Nigerian youths not APC

ASUU went on strike under PDP

Even under apga in Anambra state with obi as governor including doctors also went on strike for many months while obi was investing thier money on beer business

3 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Sardauna24(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
Arry110:
This is so sad Mehnn
How long I go dey this final year? cry

I have Apple watches for sale at good prices
am interested
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by nkwoemeka(m): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2022
The situation that we are now in reminds me of senator Waku who once said and I quote we want coup now end of quote
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by faoogoke(m): 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2022
ASUU thinks its business as usual. Go on strike, call it off and get paid do the months strike lingered.
There's a court injuction that ordered them back to work. Going on strike is a violation of the court order.
They have the option of suing the government for payment of the backlog of salaries or eat the humble pie and plead with government to pay them.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Arry110(m): 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
Sardauna24:
am interested
okay boss, I’ve sent a dm
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by addexx: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
Suspect33:
useless ASUU don jam roadblock.

As much as i dislike this current administration, I love the way they've checkmate the excesses of this insatiable union called ASUU. Why would anyone want to be paid for work not done? You be thief?

Its because previous administrations have been pandering to their every whims that's why they embark on strike unscrupulously with impunity because they know they'll be begged to return to work and paid for all the months they went on strike, but unfortunately for the selfish union, they met their match in Ngige grin grin..

There already is a crack in the union, as currently there are a lot of dissatisfied members.. Ngige foresaw this, and he quickly went and registered CONUA, so the growing numbers of dissatisfied members of ASUU who were never in support of the strike in the first place can port to CONUA and continue earning their living. Ngige baddest grin

What are you saying bayi nitori olorun undecided
Who extended the strike for 8 months? ASUU or the government? After commencement of strike ,a serious government will call for a sit down. But nothing serious was said until the 5th month of strike. How else will they show their dissatisfaction with their working conditions and renumeration. Some of these lecturers sacrifice so much both as professionals in their field and as tutors to students, yet there's nothing to show for their hard labor because the government care less about them and the educational sector in general. I think you should be empathetic before talking what in the world you have no idea of.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by shuttox: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
femicyrus:

Shut up
ASUU is going on strike as usual while playing with the future of Nigerian youths not APC

ASUU went on strike under PDP

Even under apga in Anambra state with obi as governor including doctors also went on strike for many months while obi was investing thier money on beer business
BRO..I AM TIRED OF APC

I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM

BUNCH OF THIEVES

2 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Engryagulam(m): 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
Analog95:
I think it is hightime students fill up Nigeria to protests on EndAsuu. We all know the government is insensitive in their approach but on the other hand, anyone that didn't work shouldn't eat. How will you redone work on the 14th and expect to be paid a full month salary. Will you as a lecturer also give a student 100% mark if he solved 2 questions out of 4? Your strike has no effect on the government and you know that, the students are the ones that will suffer it.

Strike action is part of the Ways to resolve disputes in international labour law, thought ASUU's case is peculiar. The government ought to have paid them their salary complete
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by otokx(m): 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
This matter can be resolved through back channels.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Confirmedzombie: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
People just comment based on emotions and sentiments.

What the govt did is the best any govt can do.

The court ruling is a major setback for ASUU.

They cannot embark on any strike at this time.

Any such move the govt will deregister ASUU and the new unions registered recently will take over all functions of ASUU.

The best I will advice ASUU is for its Executive to call for meeting with the FG and appeal to govt to show mercy and pay there full salary.

ASUU has lost all powers they have with the court ruling.

After meeting tomorrow ASUU will only issue ultimatum which the govt will use the courts to halt any further strike pending the determination of ASUU Appeal.

The PDP are bankrolling ASUU but they will fail.

Only IPOB will wail on this thread with there usual emotional comments

Bloody brain dead brainwashed ipob terrible

3 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by femicyrus(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
shuttox:

BRO..I AM TIRED OF APC

I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM

BUNCH OF THIEVES
You have 1 vote and I am sure you won't leave the comfort of your house on election day so why bother us with your thrash about APC?

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by shuttox: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2022
femicyrus:

You have 1 vote and I am sure you won't leave the comfort of your house on election day so why bother us with your thrash about APC?

I don't know your problem
I said I am tired of APC

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2022
Both the assu and the Government are just Oppressing the innocent Citizen with the unneccessary strike
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by zedegit: 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://fij.ng/article/update-ASUU-nec-to-debate-strike-resumption-tomorrow/

Let them make it 10 years. Las las it will tire them since they don't realize they are dealing with an Aboki nama.

They better use this opportunity to sensitive on voting for the right candidate

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Gbeng30(m): 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
Buhari,apc and his notorious cabinet has made an unfortunate unforgettable record in Nigeria...i hope those who have eye can see clearly and know where to cast their vote come February 2023
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by ayenale1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2022
Agreement is agreement why not honour the agreement you signed with ASUU...on this I support ASUU

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Enimin: 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://fij.ng/article/update-ASUU-nec-to-debate-strike-resumption-tomorrow/

They had better resume asap...they lost five days of November already
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by 9jatriot(m): 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
ASUU knew what they were getting into. You can find more details here.

https://www.nairaland.com/7417148/how-ASUU-leadership-led-university
addexx:

What are you saying bayi nitori olorun undecided
Who extended the strike for 8 months? ASUU or the government? After commencement of strike ,a serious government will call for a sit down. But nothing serious was said until the 5th month of strike. How else will they show their dissatisfaction with their working conditions and renumeration. Some of these lecturers sacrifice so much both as professionals in their field and as tutors to students, yet there's nothing to show for their hard labor because the government care less about them and the educational sector in general. I think you should be empathetic before talking what in the world you have no idea of.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by tunjijones(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jestin:
The government of this country like to give attention to unnecessary things. Instead of paying them and allow them to resume with small joy , they went to pay half salary and package it with one big English ( Pro-ra-ta)

But sincerely, are you expecting government to pay them full salary when they resumed on October 14th.

I know Buhari led govt have not been the best but ASUU too get them own for bodi. They are too greedy.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by JJuanMiguel: 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
OfficialP:
Nigerian students should join the struggle. Dont leave this struggle to your lecturers alone.
Which struggle?

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by abbeytech98: 7:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
I have Apple watches for sale at good prices [/quote]

Series what?
Can I see a pic
How much?
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by zikter(m): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
faoogoke:
ASUU thinks its business as usual. Go on strike, call it off and get paid do the months strike lingered.
There's a court injuction that ordered them back to work. Going on strike is a violation of the court order.
They have the option of suing the government for payment of the backlog of salaries or eat the humble pie and plead with government to pay them.
There are always loopholes in laws. ASUU can go on strike base on withheld salaries as a fresh strike. Again, I don't know exactly what they mean by no work no Pay in this case. You sign agreement, refuse to honor, renegotiate and refuse to honor, the, the workers do industrial action and you are talking rubbish. Even if they don't go on strike, what's the point of resuming when nothing will happen at the schools. The newly registered unions are also of no use as ASUU still hold the aces. The withheld salaries will eventually be paid by this government or the next. Why waste everyone's time?

3 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by blaqoracle: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
Dididrumz:
We're watching

Buhari and his people are extremely useless and ineffective.
may buhari matter continue to cause you misery.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by favour32(m): 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
Curious345:
Good move

EVERY STUDENT URCHIN ,WHO HOPES TO VOTE APC must be cured from madness by force
I tell you.
No normal person will support a failure party like APC.
The facts are very obvious.
The blind and hungry will never see it.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by mfm04622: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
They CANNOT go on strike until the case instituted by FG is decided by the Industrial Court. If they do, they will be in contempt of the court order.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
sad sad APC is a party founded by Lucifer and administered by Beelzebub.We can't no longer count the number of terrible losses, this demonic party has brought Nigeria,but yet some fools who love to suffer and smile, will troop like animated corpses to vote for the evil party next year.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by MeaslesMumpsRub: 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
GENES11S:
ASUU won't go on strike now, it's too early.

ASUU is not known for rush-rush move. They plan well before they strike and when they strike, the always mean business.

If government continue this egotistical approach, the next ASUU strike might be around February 2023.

For now, ASUU will just be observing and recording what is happening.

Yes, ASUU can be very understanding. They will contact Gbajabiamila and ask him How far, Gbaja will them its Chris Ngige that President will Fix it. Plus they have some backlog of undergraduate and postgraduate students to graduate...I think they will go on strike Early February most likely before valentines day and it is going to be a very loong ride

1 Like

Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Dididrumz(m): 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
blaqoracle:
may buhari matter continue to cause you misery.

I don't have time for foolish and stupid people.

Good evening to You.
Re: ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 by Elidrisy20: 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
Another one boozaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ejikeme Joy Mmesoma To Be Honored By Anambra Man Of The Year Award Organisers / UK: Schools In Leeds Lockdown After Threatening E-mails To Staff, Students / Student Rolls On Floor After Receiving ₦‎50,000 Education Grant From Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.