Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market (16049 Views)

As At Today, One Pound Coin To Naira Is N1,989 (pictures) / Concerns As Naira Emerges Worst Performing African Currency In 3 Months / Concerns As Greenville LNG Risks Another Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Sunnycliff(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Naira is gone. Buhari and APC killed the naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Well maybe I can eventually buy that house in Lekki with my small dollars....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Manson1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nigeria has gone to the dogs...See our live thread for our ongoing building construction project of a 3-bedroom bungalow in Oron, Akwa Ibom... Link in my signature
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Akfrenzy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
grin
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Charismatic107: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2022
Okoroawusa:
If dollar like let it be 5k I will vote for Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February 2023
dundee

6 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by snowball11(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Okoroawusa:

And who cares the Bleep you vote for? undecided

Idiotic bunch! grin

8 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by rpstar12: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Tomorrow when you or your grandchildren are in need medical services and can't afford or find it, don't forget the decisions you made on their behalf today.

5 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by OgaDeyVex: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Benitoh: 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2022
When buhari promised that he'll equal #1 to $1, he was misunderstood. He actually meant #1000 will be equal to $1.

If we're unfortunate to elect tinubu it'll be#2000 to $1.

5 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by 2blessed01(m): 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2022
sojayy:
Chaiiiii, Naija is completely finished n finished completely under Buhari
I swear...from TOP to BOTTOM

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Otunbakayce: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
I am only concerned about CFA having more value than Naira presently.
Ogun kill anyone supporting or campaigning for APC!

If you shave money buy dollars for keep now, it will get to#1000 before Christmas and #1200 before may 2023.

5 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Bakrabas: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
I don't even understand where the problem lies ooo... Is pound our currency?

The last time I checked the CBN rate for $ is not up to #500/$.

Where do we get it wrong.

I've $22.18 in my Trove account when I converted it I got #18,000+

Where's the problem lies exactly they should not kill us with the exchange rate tension jhor

4 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by IMMUNO1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
Whoever wins the 2023 presidential election is going to be under serious pressure. Let's not make the mistake of voting in someone that would aggravate the situation.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Corruption will destroy this country economy

Fools like this will blame corruption but not the clueless buhari and his evil satanic party - the APC. Evil personified!!

6 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Enimin: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
The Skeleton met Pound Sterling at 250

Just saying, so all the APC's dogs can be sure they won't die well. They are all Shango's meat.

5 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by faithfull18(f): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jostoman:
May God save us in the hands of this wicked and Calamity party called APC. Nigerians are really suffering o.
I really don't think so, same Nigerians campaigning for the same people

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Venom11(m): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
A penny or a naira Damn
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Khalid72(m): 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2022
Thinkam:

God bless you bro, let the country be on fire who cares, APC must rule the ashes.

It is yaruba turn grin

to rule oduduwa abi
ethnic bigot
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
Let It reach N5000 first. I want to check something..grin

4 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by nedekid: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
Alwaysready:
Don't you guys know before? We ,the analyst predicted this since June this year when $1=#600

I called family members and friends to go buy usdt or dollar and save in their Dom acct but they taught I was kidding.

Now,listen carefully all Nigerians. There is nothing any Govt can do about this,Dollar will rise pass #1500/$ next Feb,2023.

Our gold reserve has depleted. We mostly depend on import and foreign made goods. China is our main supplier of such goods .

The blackmoney also is not helping anything. See them loading trailers of stech cash all around running to the banks and abokies. They will gnash their teeth very hard.

I learnt some of the politicians are crying hard now. The CBN has limited individual and companies the max amount they can accept from them.

Check my signature let's trade now.

"The CBN has limited individual and companies the max amount they can accept from them."

That is what will checkmate the fall of the naira.
The cbn has blocked deposits to new accounts at 5m and old ones at 50m per month. All monitored by bvn. It was announced yesterday.
Now all man de rush go buy dollar. When aboki buys the dollar, what will he use it to do? He cannot bank the money since he cannot do more that 50m per month. I suspect abokis will soon stop selling dollars as the naira will be Usless to them.
This will make the demand for dollar fall and the exchange rate improve.
What are your thoughts?

6 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Fools like this will blame corruption but not the clueless buhari and his evil satanic party - the APC. Evil personified!!

I guess it is buhari exchanging pounds in the black market.

Black market is banned in Nigeria
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I guess it is buhari exchanging pounds in the black market.

Black market is banned in Nigeria

Shut that gutter you call Mouth there. Evil thing

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
The persisting rise of dollar and pound nowadays is so alarming that's why things are too expensive in the labour market
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Gozac: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
Thinkam:

God bless you bro, let the country be on fire who cares, APC must rule the ashes.

It is yaruba turn grin

They must rule
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by madapcmod: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
Continue voting APC, it will reach 2000 before election

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by sisisioge: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
Na we country nau....rubbish!
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by One4me: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
Alwaysready:
Don't you guys know before? We ,the analyst predicted this since June this year when $1=#600

I called family members and friends to go buy usdt or dollar and save in their Dom acct but they taught I was kidding.

Now,listen carefully all Nigerians. There is nothing any Govt can do about this,Dollar will rise pass #1500/$ next Feb,2023.

Our gold reserve has depleted. We mostly depend on import and foreign made goods. China is our main supplier of such goods .

The blackmoney also is not helping anything. See them loading trailers of stech cash all around running to the banks and abokies. They will gnash their teeth very hard.

I learnt some of the politicians are crying hard now. The CBN has limited individual and companies the max amount they can accept from them.

Check my signature let's trade now.

Most People need to understand why the Naira is RAPIDLY crashing, since the CBN announced its Redesign Policy.
There is pressure by these Criminal Politicians, Kidnappers and Bandits, to exchange their Huge, StoredUp Naira for Dollar, because they cant take it to the Bank and pay it into their Account, they know the CBN is monitoring them, which is a good thing.

I also believe that once the Cut-off date for the passed, the pressure will ease out because there will be no need to urgently want to change the "dead notes" to New Notes again.
That is the primary reason that took the Niara from #600, to any amount above that.
We dont know yet, at what value it will stop but it will certainly come down, after that,

But we should also be more concerned about what took it from #115 / 1$ in 2015, to the #6000 it was, two weeks ago.
It has to do with the INCOMPETENCY and CORRUPTION of Buhari and the thieves in his Cabinet.
Also, is the issue of Fulani terrorist Herdsmen killing people on their farms and not allowing them to farm, thereby causing acute food inflation.
Those two issue have nothing to do with the Redesign of the Naira.

Let us be clear about that.

4 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Gozac: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
Theunbothered:
Nigerians are clearly not tired of the high cost of living, the pound should reach 2000 first so you people can wake up.
Brother, how did yo know? You are very correct. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Shut that gutter you call Mouth there. Evil thing

I am not the cause of your anger and failure in life grin
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by adonainana: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
Bakrabas:
I don't even understand where the problem lies ooo... Is pound our currency?

The last time I checked the CBN rate for $ is not up to #500/$.

Where do we get it wrong.

I've $22.18 in my Trove account when I converted it I got #18,000+

Where's the problem lies exactly they should not kill us with the exchange rate tension jhor

Pound and dollar are not Nigerian currencies but they are the currencies international buying and selling is done in

The tension is real and is a big one because Nigeria is an import dependent country on the international market so it needs dollars and pounds to buy goods on the international market

Whenever there is a major spike in the exchange rate for naira to dollars or pounds

Tension go dey cos it means everything that is imported is gonna be as expensive as the the dollar became expensive to exchange

Hope this explanation helps

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I am not the cause of your anger and failure in life grin

I cannot be a failure as someone who depends on 30k per month to spread falsehood...

3 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Jackfx: 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
wink angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilever Ghana Has Relocated Its Tea Production To Nigeria / Diamond Bank Appoints Dele Babade Acting Chairman / Does Anyone Know About Nylon Recycling Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.