Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market (16053 Views)

As At Today, One Pound Coin To Naira Is N1,989 (pictures) / Concerns As Naira Emerges Worst Performing African Currency In 3 Months / Concerns As Greenville LNG Risks Another Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nchenches: 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2022
Wow. Yet, Tinubu campaigns to continue from where president Buhari stopped.
Some Nigerians whose brains were disabled by ethno-religious bigotry still support APC and Tinubu.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by PENNYSWAP: 12:25am On Nov 07, 2022
Theunbothered:
Nigerians are clearly not tired of the high cost of living, the pound should reach 2000 first so you people can wake up.

They are still engulfed in tribal and religious sentiment

Northerner sees an easterner as nyamiri and not as a Nigerian

Westerner sees an easterner as Omo-Igbo and not as a Nigerian

easterner sees a northerner as aboki and not as a Nigerian

easterner sees a westerner as Ofe-nmanu and not as a Nigerian

Until we all change this mind set and put Nigeria first

Buh for now , we are all Docile Nigerians and we will always adjust and move on

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ogbonti: 4:14am On Nov 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Peter obi will not be the president of Nigeria in 2023

Get angry grin

If Obi is rigged out OR fails to win the election - let Nigeria divide - we will not allow useless people to rule over Nigeria anymore

Lets see if there is ODUDUWA Republic - Yorubas will allow Tinubu rule over them

Lets see how AREWA Republic will allow an Atiku Rule over them

Just because it is Nigeria - you field the worst of your kinsmen to ruin the whole country

Its Obi or lets divide Nigeria - simple as ABC D angry

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by KangaIye: 5:03am On Nov 07, 2022
This is bad.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 07, 2022
phorget:

Nah me you think say you dey do abi?

He never mentioned your name
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Hpesoj: 5:27am On Nov 07, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I guess it is buhari exchanging pounds in the black market.

Black market is banned in Nigeria

Well, who should we blame for the thriving of the FX black market? The black market actually reflect the reality of our exchange rate. While the CBN rate is fixed, the rate in the black market is determined by the forces of demand and supply. So, if the demand for forex increases, automatically the rate in the black market will rise, and vice versa.

It's high time Nigeria decide whether we want to freely float our exchange rate or fix it. The downside, however, of fixed exchange rate regime is that scarcity of forex will abound and FX black market will still surface. Increasing our export and/or diversifying our export basket well clearly address our FX crisis.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Alwaysready(m): 5:35am On Nov 07, 2022
nedekid:

You are right.
But my point is that this sudden demand for dollar is because of the huge amount of cash out of the banking system allegedly held by looters, politicians etc.
If the new cbn policy starts tomorrow, it may limit abokis willingness to exchange their dollar for the hourded naira recently in circulation. What will aboki do with the cash if he too cannot bank it?
This means aboki will rather sell his dollar for dom transfers. Ie i transfer naira online to aboki and he credits my dom account from his own dom.
This invariably means the excess hourded cash in circulation will be out of the forex market there by reducing the pressure on the naira.
As per crypto, I think the effect is negligible for now. If eg I have 500m in naira and I want to buy equivalent crypro from you, will you be willing to collect ₦500m in cash? Taking note the cbn deadline in which the old naira will be obsolete and you cannot deposit more than an amount monthly, also that your account will signal red flag with efcc.

Taking note the cbn deadline in which the old naira will be obsolete and you cannot deposit more than an amount monthly, also that your account will signal red flag with

At the bolded. There are company accounts that can make 100m transact in a day with your card. Now,if they say 50m,why won't you split the money into two banks and transfer?

I have website that will take your naira and give you dollars but you should use company cards to deposit where the limits are high.

eg I have 500m in naira and I want to buy equivalent crypro from you, will you be willing to collect ₦500m in cash?

Yes. You will have to transfer to my company acct and get the equivalent in crypto asap.

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Alwaysready(m): 5:45am On Nov 07, 2022
nedekid:
my angle is this, aboki has the dollar, the hoarders have bulk money they have stored ie naira in cash they have to change to dollars since they are now incapacitated by the new cbn bank deposit rules. What this means is that if you have 200m cash, you cannot deposit more than 50m in the bank for 1 month. So dollars is the next option. Hence the high demand for fx now and pounds and dollar hitting 1k.
Now if the cbn rules released the past friday takes effect tomorrow, my thought is that aboki that has dollar to sell, then exchanges dollar for naira. What then will he do with the naira if he has passed his limit of 50m monthly cash deposit allowed? Will he decide to warehouse it at home or office since he cannot bank it and not forgetting there is a deadline onto which old notes will become usless?. See, 50m for an aboki that changes money is not much, they do such transactions in days. My thought is why will aboki sell the dollar he has when the naira he gets from hourders will expire soon? Afterall that is why the hourders are rushing to sell in the first instance.
This is how I see it. May be wrong though. But I see the demand for dollar being high, but few abokis willing to sell for CASH.
They will only sell via online domicilary bank to bank transfer. As in you credit abokis naira account while he credits your dom account with dollar.
So all the billions of naira stored by politicians, looters etc will end up being out of the forex market thereby reducing pressure on forex.

You are right.

One thing I want you to know today is,the aboki(Northerners) are the owner of Nigeria and they can twist anything for their selfish agrandisment.

Some of the top bureau de change operators are govt officials and directly linked to CBN . They have their connection way back when Usman Dan Fodio was the southern of Sokoto.

So,if they ask the CBN to extend deadline,they will have no choice than to do it.

So,leave all those naira depreciation stuffs alone,make we dey work hard to get the dollars so as to meet up with the rising cost of goods and services .

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by nedekid: 6:22am On Nov 07, 2022
Alwaysready:

Taking note the cbn deadline in which the old naira will be obsolete and you cannot deposit more than an amount monthly, also that your account will signal red flag with

At the bolded. There are company accounts that can make 100m transact in a day with your card. Now,if they say 50m,why won't you split the money into two banks and transfer?

I have website that will take your naira and give you dollars but you should use company cards to deposit where the limits are high.

eg I have 500m in naira and I want to buy equivalent crypro from you, will you be willing to collect ₦500m in cash?

Yes. You will have to transfer to my company acct and get the equivalent in crypto asap.
they say multiple acts wount be accepted as they will monitor with bvn.
The issue I no de clear about na this one of company account. That may be a spoiler if it is not limited also.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Alwaysready(m): 6:26am On Nov 07, 2022
nedekid:
they say multiple acts wount be accepted as they will monitor with bvn.
The issue I no de clear about na this one of company account. That may be a spoiler if it is not limited also.

Yeah,LTD acct accepts any amount...they are not literally referring to company acct holders as most abokis use company acct.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Munamoqel: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2022
Alwaysready:
Don't you guys know before? We ,the analyst predicted this since June this year when $1=#600

I called family members and friends to go buy usdt or dollar and save in their Dom acct but they taught I was kidding.

Now,listen carefully all Nigerians. There is nothing any Govt can do about this,Dollar will rise pass #1500/$ next Feb,2023.

Our gold reserve has depleted. We mostly depend on import and foreign made goods. China is our main supplier of such goods .

The blackmoney also is not helping anything. See them loading trailers of stech cash all around running to the banks and abokies. They will gnash their teeth very hard.

I learnt some of the politicians are crying hard now. The CBN has limited individual and companies the max amount they can accept from them.

Check my signature let's trade now.
if they dollars wouldn't they still change it to pay for goods and services ? Or they will just be looking at the dollar and hunger go wire you tire !
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:53am On Nov 07, 2022
Bakrabas:

But from the CBN it's not that expensive who's behind the unnecessary expensive of dollars.

Can't our imported goods make use of the CBN rate?

Where do you see the CBN when trying to source for dollars in Nigeria

I hope you're in reality with what is happening, going by your first two comments?

The CBN doesn't have any dollars to match the huge demand from importers, treavelers and hoarders
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:32am On Nov 07, 2022
nedekid:

"The CBN has limited individual and companies the max amount they can accept from them."

That is what will checkmate the fall of the naira.
The cbn has blocked deposits to new accounts at 5m and old ones at 50m per month. All monitored by bvn. It was announced yesterday.
Now all man de rush go buy dollar. When aboki buys the dollar, what will he use it to do? He cannot bank the money since he cannot do more that 50m per month. I suspect abokis will soon stop selling dollars as the naira will be Usless to them.
This will make the demand for dollar fall and the exchange rate improve.
What are your thoughts?

This is a nice thought, but this automatically doesn't mean demand for dollar will fall. What brings about high demand for dollar is our dependence on import, need to Japa and many other. Here is the ripple effect, if policies are put in place to cub the activities of black market without the CBN making plans to make demand of dollar equate supply of dollar, naira will be lose value against dollar.

Let's see how issues unfold in the coming days.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Deltafirstson(m): 7:41am On Nov 07, 2022
ogbonti:

If Obi is rigged out OR fails to win the election - let Nigeria divide - we will not allow useless people to rule over Nigeria anymore

Lets see if there is ODUDUWA Republic - Yorubas will allow Tinubu rule over them

Lets see how AREWA Republic will allow an Atiku Rule over them

Just because it is Nigeria - you field the worst of your kinsmen to ruin the whole country

Its Obi or lets divide Nigeria - simple as ABC D angry

Atiku can rule AREWA Republic again and again.
Atiku isn't same class with Tinubu.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Roysnickz: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2022
nedekid:
my angle is this, aboki has the dollar, the hoarders have bulk money they have stored ie naira in cash they have to change to dollars since they are now incapacitated by the new cbn bank deposit rules. What this means is that if you have 200m cash, you cannot deposit more than 50m in the bank for 1 month. So dollars is the next option. Hence the high demand for fx now and pounds and dollar hitting 1k.
Now if the cbn rules released the past friday takes effect tomorrow, my thought is that aboki that has dollar to sell, then exchanges dollar for naira. What then will he do with the naira if he has passed his limit of 50m monthly cash deposit allowed? Will he decide to warehouse it at home or office since he cannot bank it and not forgetting there is a deadline onto which old notes will become usless?. See, 50m for an aboki that changes money is not much, they do such transactions in days. My thought is why will aboki sell the dollar he has when the naira he gets from hourders will expire soon? Afterall that is why the hourders are rushing to sell in the first instance.
This is how I see it. May be wrong though. But I see the demand for dollar being high, but few abokis willing to sell for CASH.
They will only sell via online domicilary bank to bank transfer. As in you credit abokis naira account while he credits your dom account with dollar.
So all the billions of naira stored by politicians, looters etc will end up being out of the forex market thereby reducing pressure on forex.
Thank God you said you may be wrong though. You are actually are. Your analysis are class room, what it's called paper analysis. The perculial nature of the Nigerian society is not taken into proper consideration in your analysis. In her quest to avert the continue dollar appreciation against the naira, CBN rolled out many policies which though seems excellent on paper failed in reality. The recent was that of June 2021, it actually took dollar to N600 + within a short time. We were all assured that it will come but to no avail.
Start with, you failed to realize that the BDC business is not an Aboki in the street business. The BDC is a highly sophisticated business, run by highly influencial people. Thus, the politics of the BDC is way beyond the CBN governor. He knows it and know too well that a deliberate and patriotic attack on the BDC business to safe the nation's currency may eventually consume him. Arrests can be made to some casualties, but those ones rooted will quickly regain their freedom and continue the business.
Note also that the BDC source their dollar from the CBN. Think about that.
N50m monthly limit is just for you and I, I mean, the common man and not for the so rooted BDCs. Be assured that the BDC sharks will continue to assess billions from banks unabated. Remember, this is a public platform hence I won't be calling so highly placed names involve in the unpatriotic business.
For the normal ( not rooted BDC agents), the deal is as simple as getting 20 different people's account and running N50m each, making a total of a billion naira monthly.
I remember when currency arbitrage was lucrative untill CBN place a limited 100$ per ATM card, within a short time, guys created different bank accounts. A guy with 50+ ATM card could run 5000$ monthly.

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by MrBONE2(m): 8:06am On Nov 07, 2022
Thinkam:

God bless you bro, let the country be on fire who cares, APC must rule the ashes.

It is yaruba turn grin, we yaruba must rule this country angry

By then Bwana, #4000 Naira would be exchange for 1Rand grin

Annnndd #20000000 naira would be exchanged for one pint of KiVuKi Land Precious Bone grin

And that time I gonna buy a state or even region in West Wakanda Land grin
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by nedekid: 8:38am On Nov 07, 2022
Roysnickz:

Thank God you said you may be wrong though. You are actually are. Your analysis are class room, what it's called paper analysis. The perculial nature of the Nigerian society is not taken into proper consideration in your analysis. In her quest to avert the continue dollar appreciation against the naira, CBN rolled out many policies which though seems excellent on paper failed in reality. The recent was that of June 2021, it actually took dollar to N600 + within a short time. We were all assured that it will come but to no avail.
Start with, you failed to realize that the BDC business is not an Aboki in the street business. The BDC is a highly sophisticated business, run by highly influencial people. Thus, the politics of the BDC is way beyond the CBN governor. He knows it and know too well that a deliberate and patriotic attack on the BDC business to safe the nation's currency may eventually consume him. Arrests can be made to some casualties, but those ones rooted will quickly regain their freedom and continue the business.
N50m monthly limit is just for you and I, I mean, the common man and not for the so rooted BDCs. Be assured that the BDC sharks will continue to assess billions from banks unabated. Remember, this is a public platform hence I won't be calling so highly placed names involve in the unpatriotic business.
For the normal ( not rooted BDC agents), the deal is as simple as getting 20 different people's account and running N50m each, making a total of a billion naira monthly.
I remember when currency arbitrage was lucrative untill CBN place a limited 100$ per ATM card, within a short time, guys created different bank accounts. A guy with 50+ ATM card could run 5000$ monthly.
Hmm, In short we are doomed.
I thought the policy released on Friday was a light at the end of the tunnel. I was optimistic.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ConfidentialDoc: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2022
Charismatic107:
All this nonsense will come to an end come February 2023

Nigeria will come to an end ?
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Synord(m): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2022
Saving in dollars or pounds is one of the best low risks investment you can make this period .

If you haven’t , you need to know NOW .

Naira to dollar rate is increasing everyday :

Saving in dollars to protect yourself against harsh economic conditions is not negotiable .

I have made over 350 dollars saving and investing on this foremost Nigerian app .

I am sure you must have heard of risevest ?

Well If you haven’t , it’s not too late . Quote or mention me If interested so I can explain further

- https://risevest.com/ref/GVED407

Use the link to get a 5 dollar bonus when you register
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Maski87: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2022
Okoroawusa:
If dollar like let it be 5k I will vote for Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February 2023

Hunger fit don finish you before Feb 23.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ogbonti: 11:22am On Nov 07, 2022
Deltafirstson:

Atiku can rule AREWA Republic again and again.
Atiku isn't same class with Tinubu.

Thanks for your comment - but my Question for you is this - IF there is an ODUDUWA Republic today - will Bola Tinubu even get 5% of the total vote cast? when great candidates are there ? Even Yemi Osinbajo will not get 10% because I know the yoruba race have real tested leaders they will vote to lead them - so why are some yorubas so hell bent on foisting a character like Bola Tinubu on Nigeria? only answer is because he is a tribesman but deep in their heart they know he is not good - and that is purely evil to foist the worst of your own race on the general country just to satisfy tribal sentiments..

"it is just like - because you are the Principal of a school, you send your dullard son to the State Debate contest because you heard there will be cash incentives for the participants, and you ignored the best student who will make an impact and win for the school"[i][/i]

Yes to most tribalistic Yoruba, their mindset is "we know Bola Tinubu is not good, but we will rather have him as President than any other person we know deep down in our heart will do better"

Thank God the Nigerian passport has not tribal section, there is no where it is written I am yoruba in it or you are Igbo - we all carry it, and if Tinubu or Atiku mess up the country because we cant reason beyond tribal sentiments, na all of us go suffer am both here and abroad - Today, there is no where a man from Daura buy things cheaper than the man from Ogbomosho or Nnewi - The light wey no dey affects everyone regardless of your tribe or place of origin - na all of us go bear am - $1 today is N823 - When Bola Tinubu was campaigning for Buhari this same time in 2014, $1 was N167 - Nigerians were not rich then but they could easily eat breakfast and dinner - not the case today

Tinubu should be apologizing and begging for forgiveness for packaging and foisting a disaster on Nigerians NOT campaigning for President
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Mrfixitt(m): 1:29pm On Nov 07, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Mad man. I don't expect you to think a sane human because you're a zombie
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by chymeze: 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2022
Hpesoj:

Well, who should we blame for the thriving of the FX black market? The black market actually reflect the reality of our exchange rate. While the CBN rate is fixed, the rate in the black market is determined by the forces of demand and supply. So, if the demand for forex increases, automatically the rate in the black market will rise, and vice versa.

It's high time Nigeria decide whether we want to freely float our exchange rate or fix it. The downside, however, of fixed exchange rate regime is that scarcity of forex will abound and FX black market will still surface. Increasing our export and/or diversifying our export basket well clearly address our FX crisis.
In this stage where Nigeria isn't exporting much and our main source of forex, crude oil, isn't seeing it's profits repatriated to CBN coffers but being shared by cronies and cabals? Floating the rate would be suicidal because with the absence of forex into the country the rate would sky rocket. They need to fix the issue of nnpc remittances and exportation problems before talking about floating it
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by One4me: 2:17am On Nov 08, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Fools like this will blame corruption but not the clueless buhari and his evil satanic party - the APC. Evil personified!!

That is exactly what Buhari wants!.

.... make APC unelectable so that a Fulani (Atiku) can continue with the Presidency of Nigeria = 16years of Fulani Misrule.

That is the grand Plan and people must pause, think twice before making their choices
Can Nigeria withstand another 8yrs of Fulanisation, which is what you will get, if Atiku is elected in 2023
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Didijiji: 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Thank God una Dey few mad people roaming the streets. Remnants of Buhari supporters. Very blind an wicked sets of people
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by nedekid: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2022
Roysnickz:

Bros, dollar seems to be dropping. 720 yesterday.
I remember few month before corona, I wokeup one morning and called my aboki, changed to dollars and pounds. The very next day, naira crashed heavily.
My aboki told his paddies, na so my phones de ring. Different abokis de ask how I take know. My aboki sef 2 days later was begging me to sell him the money I bough from him earlier. Lol
Anyway, I don't know if it is my reasons given that is working or some other factors. But naira is appreciating against the dollar.
What are your thoughts?
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by nedekid: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2022
Holuwaxheun:

This is a nice thought, but this automatically doesn't mean demand for dollar will fall. What brings about high demand for dollar is our dependence on import, need to Japa and many other. Here is the ripple effect, if policies are put in place to cub the activities of black market without the CBN making plans to make demand of dollar equate supply of dollar, naira will be lose value against dollar.

Let's see how issues unfold in the coming days.
Bros, check ohh, dollar sold for 720 yesterday and reducing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know About Nylon Recycling Companies In Nigeria / Easy-eic.com/ng Investment Scam / 9 Safe Internet Transactional Habits You Must Obeserve!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.