Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market (16052 Views)

As At Today, One Pound Coin To Naira Is N1,989 (pictures) / Concerns As Naira Emerges Worst Performing African Currency In 3 Months / Concerns As Greenville LNG Risks Another Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

I cannot be a failure as someone who depends on 30k per month to spread falsehood...

30k is better than anger. as i said earlier, I am not the cause of your failure in life
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

30k is better than anger. as i said earlier, I am not the cause of your failure in life

Don't mistake me for the failure you call father

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Don't mistake me for the failure you call father

You don't know my father, so you opinion means nothing to me.

A poor man is an angry man, as i said, i am not the cause of your failure in life grin

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Bakrabas: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2022
adonainana:

Pound and dollar are not Nigerian currencies but they are the currencies international buying and selling is done in

The tension is real and is a big one because Nigeria is an import dependent country on the international market so it needs dollars and pounds to buy goods on the international market

Whenever there is a major spike in the exchange rate for naira to dollars or pounds

Tension go dey cos it means everything that is imported is gonna be as expensive as the the dollar became expensive to exchange

Hope this explanation helps

But from the CBN it's not that expensive who's behind the unnecessary expensive of dollars.

Can't our imported goods make use of the CBN rate?

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Fearyourcreator: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2022
phorget:

Nah me you think say you dey do abi?
Some of your friends sef like as e dey go up...
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Fearyourcreator: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2022
tamdun:
CBN or aboki exchange rate?
You dey mind them...

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

You don't know my father, so you opinion means nothing to me.

A poor man is an angry man, as i said, i am not the cause of your failure in life grin

Again, I say don't mistake me for the daft failure you know as your father wink
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by OChimex: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2022
Okoroawusa:
If dollar like let it be 5k I will vote for Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February 2023

Destroy una selves there, nobody bloody cares

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Again, I say don't mistake me for the daft failure you know as your father wink

Ok sir...anyway tell your mother that your father is a failure that is why you are angry at the world.

Have a nice day
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Ok sir...anyway tell your mother that your father is a failure that is why you are angry at the world.

Have a nice day

Again, urchin, don't mistake me for the failure you call father at home. And for your mother, I rather leave her to the dogs and pigs (her kind)

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Again, urchin, don't mistake me for the failure you call father at home. And for your mother, I rather leave her to the dogs and pigs (her kind)

Peter obi will not be the president of Nigeria in 2023

Get angry grin
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by fxexperts: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2022
Bakrabas:
I don't even understand where the problem lies ooo... Is pound our currency?

The last time I checked the CBN rate for $ is not up to #500/$.

Where do we get it wrong.

I've $22.18 in my Trove account when I converted it I got #18,000+

Where's the problem lies exactly they should not kill us with the exchange rate tension jhor
These Abokis are foolish. I know you are all fools. Go to the bank and ask for dollars and see if you get it. You all dont know what anything about this country. You are all so daft.

thebosstrevor1:

I guess it is buhari exchanging pounds in the black market.

Black market is banned in Nigeria
Just say dollar is ban in Nigeria. Are you okay? You lots makes me laugh.

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2022
fxexperts:
These Abokis are foolish. I know you are all fools. Go to the bank and ask for dollars and see if you get it. You all dont know what anything about this country. You are all so daft.

Just say dollar is ban in Nigeria. Are you okay? You lots makes me laugh.

Dollar isn't official currency of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Peter obi will not be the president of Nigeria in 2023

Get angry grin

Stop hiding behind the laughing emoji to cry your eyes out.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Alwaysready(m): 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
nedekid:

"The CBN has limited individual and companies the max amount they can accept from them."

That is what will checkmate the fall of the naira.
The cbn has blocked deposits to new accounts at 5m and old ones at 50m per month. All monitored by bvn. It was announced yesterday.
Now all man de rush go buy dollar. When aboki buys the dollar, what will he use it to do? He cannot bank the money since he cannot do more that 50m per month. I suspect abokis will soon stop selling dollars as the naira will be Usless to them.
This will make the demand for dollar fall and the exchange rate improve.
What are your thoughts?

The demand is always at the high side and has no direct relationship with the printing of new naira notes. The demand and supply at the parralel market always determine the rates of exchange each day and even after the election,the rate will still be at the high side.

The abokies will always exchange whether there is new or old naira in circulation. What happens to online transactions? Most people do their transactions online through crypto. Is the CBN aware about that? Or do they have any influence on limit on how much one can transact online using those means?

So,just leave it. Our Gold reserve is nothing to write home about and the demand for dollars will keep increasing for export reason why it will never have any direct relationship with new notes printing.

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by broadman20: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2022
Okoroawusa:

I've been wondering if you are a human being or a ROBOT,

I can now confirm what you are.

You are doing what you are created to do.

Keep it up.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by ObosiUkwalla: 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Dollar isn't official currency of Nigeria

See the dunderheads routing for a candidate..
Blockhead

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Brushstrokes20: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
# lifeless legacies undecided undecided

The lifeless animal in human skin is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER! undecided

VOTE WISELY COME 2023!
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Alwaysready(m): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
nedekid:

"The CBN has limited individual and companies the max amount they can accept from them."

That is what will checkmate the fall of the naira.
The cbn has blocked deposits to new accounts at 5m and old ones at 50m per month. All monitored by bvn. It was announced yesterday.
Now all man de rush go buy dollar. When aboki buys the dollar, what will he use it to do? He cannot bank the money since he cannot do more that 50m per month. I suspect abokis will soon stop selling dollars as the naira will be Usless to them.
This will make the demand for dollar fall and the exchange rate improve.
What are your thoughts?

No,that's not the angle you should look it from. Anyone wey get too much cash,the abokies will exchange the one available to them at a ridiculous price and leave them to the mercies of the bank.

Now,when there is no enough dollar to pay for the Naira,don't you know it will take the price of dollar upwards?Or how are you reasoning this or from what angle?
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by t2luv1: 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
Thinkam:

God bless you bro, let the country be on fire who cares, APC must rule the ashes.

It is yaruba turn grin, we yaruba must rule this country angry

A mind is a terrible thing to waste indeed. Partner Intelligent has been running after you, but you have always been faster
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Ance4Liverpool: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2022
You are very wicked and an ethnic bigot,
Infact God will treat you and your family the way APC government treated Nigerians since 2015 till date.
Don't vote for party,religion and tribe but vote for competency.
For me Peter obi is not a saint but he is better than tinibu and Atiku
Vote wisely if you like ooo

Okoroawusa:

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by chymeze: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
One4me:

Most People need to understand why the Naira is RAPIDLY crashing, since the CBN announced its Redesign Policy.
There is pressure by these Criminal Politicians, Kidnappers and Bandits, to exchange their Huge, StoredUp Naira for Dollar, because they cant take it to the Bank and pay it into their Account, they know the CBN is monitoring them, which is a good thing.

I also believe that once the Cut-off date for the passed, the pressure will ease out because there will be no need to urgently want to change the "dead notes" to New Notes again.
That is the primary reason that took the Niara from #600, to any amount above that.
We dont know yet, at what value it will stop but it will certainly come down, after that,

But we should also be more concerned about what took it from #115 / 1$ in 2015, to the #6000 it was, two weeks ago.
It has to do with the INCOMPETENCY and CORRUPTION of Buhari and the thieves in his Cabinet.
Also, is the issue of Fulani terrorist Herdsmen killing people on their farms and not allowing them to farm, thereby causing acute food inflation.
Those two issue have nothing to do with the Redesign of the Naira.

Let us be clear about that.
It still doesn't make sense. Why didn't the CBN ban the BDCs at the same time they thought about redesigning the naira in order to overcome this problem of kidnappers and politicians going through the BDCs to exchange naira for dollars? Such action would have solved many problems at once. It would have removed the parallel system and made rates at CBN rates (430 to a dollar). It would also have incapacitated the politicians and kidnappers. But they didn't do this because it's this same corrupt politicians and Buhari cabal that run the BDCs in order to make massive profit. That's why we need a competent and decisive leader who puts this nation above his croonies and family relatives. A simple solution to this problem has now been made complicated by an inept CBN governor who acts to please cabals.

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by kelvinovie25(m): 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
The scarcity of the dollar will always increase the price of the dollar due to high demand and low supply, CBN does not have dollar in reserve to match the current demand of the people in need, because nnpc are remitting zero balance from the sale of crude oil, so no single usd is being earned. The scarcity will always increase the price.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by adonainana: 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2022
Bakrabas:

But from the CBN it's not that expensive who's behind the unnecessary expensive of dollars.

Can't our imported goods make use of the CBN rate?

Everyone wishes to use CBN rate but the only problem is it's not for everyone, in other words if you need to import 40 million dollars of goods Into nigeria today you will approach your BANK and the bank will approach CBN for you via a form called FORM A.

Getting dollars from the CBN at the CBN rate is like waiting for Tinubu to come to a presidential debate. Thus giving birth to a black market the unofficial market

The unofficial market is simply based on demand and supply of dollars left in the nigerian economy which isn't in the control of the CBN. This is the most realistic place full of abokis and BDC, all types of people, the BLACK MARKET is where you can buy 40 million dollars using your naira and you will get it fast, The rate you get it once again depending g on the demand and supply of the dollars you are looking for

In summary hope you understand better now why although dollars is not nigerian currency it is the most determinat factor in the Nigerian economy as to how much a load of bread would cost

8 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Eriokanmi: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:
Any one or thing seen campaigning for APC should be lynched (with their families too).

Imagine after destroying this country, they still have the temerity to come and still campaign for a Buhari pro max. It's the guts for me
Dem really get mind my guy grin, despite the obvious failures
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by nedekid: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
Alwaysready:

No,that's not the angle you should look it from. Anyone wey get too much cash,the abokies will exchange the one available to them at a ridiculous price and leave them to the mercies of the bank.

Now,when there is no enough dollar to pay for the Naira,don't you know it will take the price of dollar upwards?Or how are you reasoning this or from what angle?
my angle is this, aboki has the dollar, the hoarders have bulk money they have stored ie naira in cash they have to change to dollars since they are now incapacitated by the new cbn bank deposit rules. What this means is that if you have 200m cash, you cannot deposit more than 50m in the bank for 1 month. So dollars is the next option. Hence the high demand for fx now and pounds and dollar hitting 1k.
Now if the cbn rules released the past friday takes effect tomorrow, my thought is that aboki that has dollar to sell, then exchanges dollar for naira. What then will he do with the naira if he has passed his limit of 50m monthly cash deposit allowed? Will he decide to warehouse it at home or office since he cannot bank it and not forgetting there is a deadline onto which old notes will become usless?. See, 50m for an aboki that changes money is not much, they do such transactions in days. My thought is why will aboki sell the dollar he has when the naira he gets from hourders will expire soon? Afterall that is why the hourders are rushing to sell in the first instance.
This is how I see it. May be wrong though. But I see the demand for dollar being high, but few abokis willing to sell for CASH.
They will only sell via online domicilary bank to bank transfer. As in you credit abokis naira account while he credits your dom account with dollar.
So all the billions of naira stored by politicians, looters etc will end up being out of the forex market thereby reducing pressure on forex.

2 Likes

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by kayzkayz(m): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2022
tamdun:
CBN or aboki exchange rate?
it’s Aboki

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by nedekid: 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2022
Alwaysready:

The demand is always at the high side and has no direct relationship with the printing of new naira notes. The demand and supply at the parralel market always determine the rates of exchange each day and even after the election,the rate will still be at the high side.

The abokies will always exchange whether there is new or old naira in circulation. What happens to online transactions? Most people do their transactions online through crypto. Is the CBN aware about that? Or do they have any influence on limit on how much one can transact online using those means?

So,just leave it. Our Gold reserve is nothing to write home about and the demand for dollars will keep increasing for export reason why it will never have any direct relationship with new notes printing.
You are right.
But my point is that this sudden demand for dollar is because of the huge amount of cash out of the banking system allegedly held by looters, politicians etc.
If the new cbn policy starts tomorrow, it may limit abokis willingness to exchange their dollar for the hourded naira recently in circulation. What will aboki do with the cash if he too cannot bank it?
This means aboki will rather sell his dollar for dom transfers. Ie i transfer naira online to aboki and he credits my dom account from his own dom.
This invariably means the excess hourded cash in circulation will be out of the forex market there by reducing the pressure on the naira.
As per crypto, I think the effect is negligible for now. If eg I have 500m in naira and I want to buy equivalent crypro from you, will you be willing to collect ₦500m in cash? Taking note the cbn deadline in which the old naira will be obsolete and you cannot deposit more than an amount monthly, also that your account will signal red flag with efcc.

1 Like

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by godofuck231: 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2022
Just complete the suicide plan , change the naira and it is finished kpatakpata
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Donbarry043: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2022
Deltafirstson:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-concerns-as-one-pound-trades-for-n1000-at-parallel-market

I saw this money money on a short I bought and when I checked the exchange rates I realized Nigeria is still mile ahead some countries

Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by favor914: 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jummyh:
Na the performance wey the zamfara APC man just talk now be that...
Lazy Things, ask them what commodity did their State Government export for foreign exchange?

Almijiris.
Re: Concerns As One Pound Trades For ₦‎1000 At Parallel Market by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
Deltafirstson:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-concerns-as-one-pound-trades-for-n1000-at-parallel-market

@Moh247 PandoraObi Leodeking FreeStuffsNG Abdul05 lhordspy Batified2023 Biodun556

Your party is really doing wonders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know About Nylon Recycling Companies In Nigeria / Easy-eic.com/ng Investment Scam / 9 Safe Internet Transactional Habits You Must Obeserve!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.