Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account (14643 Views)

2023 Election: TBN's Statement On The Blocking Of Its Bank Account / Who Are The Real Owners Of 9mobile And Keystone Bank? / Buhari Family Owns Etisalat And Keystone Bank - Atiku Alleges, Calls For Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by kelly72: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2022
Isn't the bank distressed anyways?
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by BATified2023: 10:53am On Nov 07, 2022
alsudan:
Boycott the dead Keystone Bank.
u igbos n boycott
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by PHIPEX(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2022
lhordspy:
Keystone bank stated that:
"The Bank said it closed the account because “it was irregularly opened contrary to extant regulatory guidelines.”

“In line with applicable regulatory guidelines on treatment of such accounts with irregularities, funds received into this account have been returned to their sources of origin"

The truth is that they are just trying to twist words to maybe safe face for arbouring a fraudulent supposedly NGO as TBN.

I still dont get why an organisation registered as NGO, all of a sudden started canvassing funds for a political party.

Peter Obi and whoever is link to this fraudulent activities in a bid to scam ignorant Nigerians of their hard earn money should be lock up in prison for a long time.
Has the bank become the judge and the jury in its own case? An NGO can recieve funds and donations, it is none of the bank's business except the courts declares such funds illegal. These are same banks that will hardly refund money wrongly paid into a scammers account without asking the victims to go to court and obtain an order first.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by sammychimex(m): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2022
Lolii:
Some Account managers do that alot. Just because they want to meet monthly target. They actual intention will be that the documentation will be completed at latter date. Might inform you that you might not be able to make withdrawal from the account until... Hence this is a possibility. But I doubt it been a reason here. Keystone are just been childish with this response and we await TBN response to this statement from Keystone Bank.

I honestly await there response. That is a cooperate account. It's not something you open anyhow.

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by YoungBruzzy(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2022
lhordspy:
"The Bank said it closed the account because “it was irregularly opened contrary to extant regulatory guidelines.”

“In line with applicable regulatory guidelines on treatment of such accounts with irregularities, funds received into this account have been returned to their sources of origin"

The truth is that they are just trying to twist words to maybe safe face for arbouring a fraudulent supposedly NGO as TBN.

I still dont get why an organisation registered as NGO, all of a sudden started canvassing funds for a political party.

Peter Obi and whoever is link to this fraudulent activities in a bid to scam ignorant Nigerians of their hard earn money should be lock up in prison for a long time.

You are a disgruntled man. Infact, i can boldly say it that you are a big disgrace to any family that you come from. Because how can a fully grown up read an article and failed to comprehend what’s therein, yet still went ahead to open that gutter of a mouth to spew gibberish eww!!! You should probably go get a better life. What a tomfoolery undecided undecided
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by cmikel: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2022
lhordspy:

LET US KNOW WHAT WERE THE IREGULARITIES OBSERVED ELSE IT WILL BE CONCLUDED THATH

ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED TO WITCH HUNT OBI,

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by babavik: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2022
lhordspy:

What does NGO mean to you?

Is it a crime for them to solicit for funds?
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by AmazingELixir: 11:44am On Nov 07, 2022
grin

Useless bank...if they observed irregularities in the account opening as they claimed why didn't invite the account operator(s) to come and have the grey areas sorted out.

They are scared of political backlash from the federal government, I'm very certain they've been getting subtle warnings from the kitchen cabinet of the Retired major general.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by Bigchristo: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2022
naptu2:

https://punchng.com/fg-did-not-order-keystone-bank-to-close-takebacknaija-account-management/
Nigeria banks knows how to twist issues and makes it look like they’re professionals whereas they have serious flop, so when the account was being set up the bank weren’t aware that they didn’t present enough documentation for such an account? The government directed them to do so just admit and stop changing the narrative, they should slam keystone bank with lawsuits
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by AK481(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2022
The bank actually sent all the money in that account to the sender?
So if a transaction was done and they have delivered , they will loose the money.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by ogunsbanjul(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2022
Only fools will donate his or her heard earned money to that kind account. All the presidential candidates are rich enough to campaign, canverse, contest and continue even after loosing he election.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by Olaolex: 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2022
BATified2023:
u igbos n boycott
So anybody that does not support your evil agenda is now Igbo and IPOB. Shioor keep deceiving yourself. Your dirty eyes go clear very soon.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by asanausana91: 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2022
alsudan:
Boycott the dead Keystone Bank.
useless ipob cry
Boycott GTB
Boycott dangote
Boycott nairaland
Anytime an organisation want to do the right thing these zombiedients ipob terrorists will start calling for boycott.
Ok ipob why not boycott Lagos?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by asanausana91: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2022
Lolii:
Makes no sense at all.
It took you folks more than a week to respond to this concern and you're here spilling this as a response.

What were the irregularities?

Well, I trust TBN, They will soon respond to this rubbish with proofs.
Let your next lie be more solid than this.

Rubbish bank.
why not go to court if you think keystone bank offend you.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by asanausana91: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2022
franudi:
Why didn't the keystone bank officials direct them well on how to open the account properly?
they follow a crook staff who is an Igbo man to open the criminal account.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by greenandy: 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2022
Neduzze5:
Well, it is my belief that the handlers of this initiative have their lawyers.

This is a very lovely case to begin in court, and I'd love to follow the proceedings to the end.

All the lawyers of the Take Back Naija Movement needs to do is to study the account opening package of Keystone and documentation requirements, pick out several loopholes and slam a 10 billion naira lawsuit on them for damages.

All that these corrupt entities are doing will however not stop President Peter Obi from being sworn in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 2023.

The bank in conjunction with APC wants to frustrate TakeBackNigeria group.
But Obi is ahead of them.
Tinubu can't have an indepth knowledge of Nigeria's economy like Obi has.

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by asanausana91: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2022
stuff46:
As a customer, why should I bear the brunt of an ineptitude of a banks failure to do a good KYC?

Well, I think TBN should move on and take necessary actions against such serious damage incurred on them after so much times.

I'm actually hearing of a refund deposit for the first time, TBH
a zombiedient is a staff of the bank, they used that staff to open the criminal account. The zombiedients know the implications if they challenge keystone bank in court.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by asanausana91: 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
[quote author=Lolii post=118190526]Well said.
This route will make so much sense. Let them study the account opening package (That's if the bank will give them back... That's why I love my former boss, always photo copies any document that has his details and signature). As long as they didn't flout any rule, then this statement just ruined Keystone chances the more from spinning the table in their favour.

/quote] the so called TBN know the implications if try to approach the court. They know that they follow a corrupt staff who incidentally happen to be a zombiedient to open that account for them that is why they cannot go to court. If the corrupt TBN go to court, their evil corrupt practices will be open to the public.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by asanausana91: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2022
kettykin:
They should sue the bank, if banks don't stop individuals doing money laundering with bullion bans why are they closing corporate account
a corrupt TBN will never attempt to sue the bank, if they try that keystone will open their evil corrupt practices to the public. The zombiedients know know how evil is their party.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by joey150(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
Stupid lies.

I transferred money to the TBN account a day before it was closed.

I haven't seen any reversal. The bank claims they returned the money back to the original sender.

Hogwash!
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by Jogs1900: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2022
bishopkay:
How can a bank account duly opened by a bank be deemed opened with irregularities?
What Keystone bank is saying is that Since TBN is registerd an an NGO,it's aims and objectives is different from what they are using the account for by soliciting for funds for a political party.
Definitely this was discovered after the account had been opened...In essence,TBN deceived Keystone bank and CAC by concealing it's main aims and objectives.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by Jogs1900: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
asanausana91:
a corrupt TBN will never attempt to sue the bank, if they try that keystone will open their evil corrupt practices to the public. The zombiedients know know how evil is their party.
What some people don't know is that TBN already deceived Keystone bank and CAC already by concealing their real aims and objectives.
If care is not taken,CAC will sue them self.
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by mokolade21845: 2:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
Why didn't the keystone bank officials direct them well on how to open the account properly?Why didn't the keystone bank officials direct them well on how to open the account properly?...
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by Timmi: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2022
Neduzze5:
Well, it is my belief that the handlers of this initiative have their lawyers.

This is a very lovely case to begin in court, and I'd love to follow the proceedings to the end.

All the lawyers of the Take Back Naija Movement needs to do is to study the account opening package of Keystone and documentation requirements, pick out several loopholes and slam a 10 billion naira lawsuit on them for damages.

All that these corrupt entities are doing will however not stop President Peter Obi from being sworn in as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 2023.

Why not you represent the NGO as their lawyer, or you don’t want to put your class C certificate to work?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by luluosas(m): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2022
Did Keystone just discovered the said irregularities?
Re: 2023 Elections: Keystone Bank's Statement On TBN Account by David0(m): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
If there were any irregularities as stated, it is expected the customer is informed and given timeframe to regularize their account.
There's no kyc document that is big enough to warrant a closure of an account.
The least that will happen is place a restriction on the account.
Keystone just shot themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Contactless Passport Application, Home Delivery To Begin In March / How FG Fuelled Buhari's Death Rumour - Niran Adedokun / 2019 Election; APC Defies INEC, Submits Zamfara Candidates’ List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.