Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria (370 Views)

Remi Tinubu: At 60, I’m Too Old To Be Afraid Of Death / I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo / Okupe: Obi Won’t Attend Debates Where Tinubu, Atiku Are Absent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by November1857(m): 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2022
I’m too busy to attend debates, interviews; APC will explain my plans to Nigerians: Tinubu
The presidential hopeful urged APC faithful to engage in grassroots campaigns and educate voters on the contents of his manifesto.

Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the All Progress (APC), has explained that his “busy and hectic campaign schedule” prohibits him from attending presidential debates, TV and radio interviews. Mr Tinubu urged the APC faithful to communicate the details of his manifesto to Nigerians. 

In a statement by Festus Keyamo, his campaign spokesman, Mr Tinubu explained his absence at the presidential town hall series hosted by ARISE TV in conjunction with the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) at Transcorp Hilton in Abuja on Sunday. 

The former Lagos governor said he had no intention of honouring any of the numerous interview requests he received from TV and radio stations, as it would be unfair to appear “in some networks, whilst ignoring others.”

According to the statement, the APC standard-bearer, who said he realised the importance of speaking directly to Nigerians, stressed he had already organised town hall meetings in Kano, Lagos and intended to interact with agro and commodity groups in Minna, Niger, on Monday.

The presidential hopeful urged APC faithful to engage in grassroots campaigns and educate voters on the contents of his manifesto.

“We urge all our party structures and supporters at the grassroots to continue to organise town hall meetings to educate Nigerians on the Action Plan of our candidate,” the statement noted.

While the presidential town hall series was ongoing, Mr Tinubu was sighted at the birthday party of his associate, retired colonel Sani Bello, some 6.4 km (an eight-minute drive) from the venue. 

Mr Tinubu, in previous public addresses, made slurred and incoherent statements, stirring concerns about his health and mental capacity to manage the country in 2023 and beyond. 

In one of his latest gaffes, he had hailed Kaduna governor Nasir El-Rufai’s creativity “in turning a rotten situation into a bad one.” 

Given the low ratings, Mr Tinubu’s public relations stunts have earned him, his aides have kept him out of public scrutiny.

The APC is gaining notoriety for shunning presidential debates as incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari ignored such debates in the 2015 and 2019 debates.

https://gazettengr.com/im-too-busy-to-attend-debates-interviews-apc-will-explain-my-plans-to-nigerians-tinubu

Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by lhordspy: 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2022
The debate turned out just as we predicted.

Chaos.

We dont like chaos. We crave majority votes only.
Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by jkpbestseries: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
Tell them Jagaban
Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by AdamuKD: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
grin
Senselessness

2 Likes

Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by AdamuKD: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Tell them Jagaban
tell who zombie?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by AdamuKD: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2022
lhordspy:
smiley
Zombie about to yarn foolishly and senselessly

1 Like

Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by youngscholar(m): 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2022
Okay

Don't forget to check our signature
Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by zeuss: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Tell them Jagaban

Urchins busy fanning mediocrity...an indicator for a lacking intellect.

Already too busy to address the people and be accountable to them......what will happen if by mistake he gets there?

This was exactly what buhari did also and we can see his ability....well its the APCway, expect also same results.

Nigeria will not serve Tinubu.....Tinubu will serve Nigeria......electorate will ensure this now.

1 Like

Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by asuraking: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2022
Mr.tinubu do u know dat u are shooting ursef by this statement?or u don't know dat u are validating d claims dat u are senile and old?why can't u talk and people understand?or do u speak a language d mass doesn't understand? thenwhy shud we vote 4 u?even God talk to his people in a language they understand.
Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by socialmediaman: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2022
Too busy to be asked tough questions by the people you claim you want to lead

Most Nigerians don wise, we don open eye. This isn't 2011, 2015 or 2019. It's 2022!

1 Like

Re: I’m Too Busy To Attend Debates, Interviews; APC Will Explain My Plans To Nigeria by limeta(f): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2022
The former Lagos governor said he had no intention of honouring any of the numerous interview requests he received from TV and radio stations, as it would be unfair to appear “in some networks, whilst ignoring others.”

Forgive me for thinking it was about the people
This is Tinubu so is about the network's
Not sure if Osinbajo would have made the same statement
So please vote wisely vote obediently

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Former Drug Baron To Drag Nigerian Journalists To Court / Nine Killed As Gunmen Attack Plateau Village / Raise VAT To 15%, Remove Fuel Subsidy, IMF Advises FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.