Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? (827 Views)

Explain Why Gov Ameachi Is Not Clapping In This Picture(photo) / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / Gov. Ameachi & Patience Jonathan In 2010 ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by razznaija(f): 4:38am On Aug 23, 2011
When Ameachi became governor everyone was talking about him like he is the messiah but i really haven't seen any changes, only the schools and hospitals that he built and some other facilities, but when it comes to sanitation and roads, rivers sate is a fail.I was living in PH along the Choba,Uniport road until i moved out of the country in 2009 and before i left they were trying to fix the road in late 2008 they had dug the road, but they stopped fixing it in early 2009 and there was dust everywhere along that road, i was talking to someone that visited Nigeria recently and he said that they still haven't fixed the road, but i'm not just talking about that road, there are parts of port harcourt that are an eyesore so what is he actually doing when it comes to the roads and sanitation in PH/Riverstate?  I think he's just like the others. What do you guys think?
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
I live along the St John - Ogbogoro Rd (off Iwofe) and I can tell you that for the past 2 months we have been cut off raod wise. Those that have cars cant drive home anymore.

I think Amechi did not really have any plans. He was over excited over the power at his disposal as governor and he started demolishing anything that caught his "fancy" without thinking through.

Example is the Wimpey Adageorge junction: The governor came there jsut about 3 months in office (2007) and ordered some buildings to be demolished. Till this very moment, the place is still like that. It is even worse now.

As for the buidlings: "money can give you a house, but not a home".

Great buildings does not translate to great learnings.

As for the Chuba road you mentioned, the person who told you the road has not been "fixed" is not telling the truth.

The road has been "fixed" and not only that, several others have been "fixed". The problem is, they last only for 6 months. Atimes, if they start "fixing" a road from one end, by the time they get to the other end, the starting end would need to be "fixed". It is a circle. Every year, we awared contracts for all the roads fixed the previous year. That is the only money , oh, did I say money? I mean democracy will reach the poeple.
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by otokx(m): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
The Choba - Rumokwuta road has not been fully completed and even some parts that were completed have started failing. The area at ogbogoro is just a huge disappointment.
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by aljharem3: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2011
so ameachi is another failure like the rest of them. when i was saying that he has not done anything for rivers state becos i went to port harcourt and what i saw was funny hw people were talking of rail way complteion etc grin

na wa o
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by Abagworo(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
Amaechi has done an excellent job in old Port Harcourt and is trying in the new one.Rainbow town was a slum.Odili road was partly completed.There was no Elekahi road,Old Aba road,Rumuola road,NTA-Choba road,Ada George road,Rumuobiakani-Oginigba-Slaughter road etc etc.The problem is the slow down in pace of work at some places awarded with sentiments like Agip bridge,NA-Choba and some few others.Reconstruction to wider and higher standard roads are currently going on at Olu Obasanjo,Azikiwe-Station road and Stadium/G.U. Ake road that bursts at Rukpokwu.Our fellow Ikwerre brothers stopped the work on Rumukrusi-Igwruta road while Igwuruta-Etche-Eneka road is also delayed.

I score him high in Nigerian standards even though he has his short comings.The FG has been quite unkind to Rivers State.A stretch of 30 kilometres of East/West road that transverses from Choba to Eleme junction is in total shambles.The governor should quit waiting for FG and take the bull by the horn.
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by PointB: 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
razznaija:

When Ameachi became governor everyone was talking about him like he the messiah but i really haven't seen any changes, only the schools and hospitals [/b]that he built and some [size=20pt][b]other facilities[/size], but when it comes to sanitation and roads, rivers sate is a fail.I was living in PH along the Choba,Uniport road until i moved out of the country in 2009 and before i left they were trying to fix the road in late 2008 they had dug the road, but they stopped fixing it in early 2009 and there was dust everywhere along that road, i was talking to someone that visited Nigeria recently and he said that they still haven't fixed the road, but i'm not just talking about that road, there are parts of port harcourt that are an eyesore so what is he actually doing when it comes to the roads and sanitation in PH/Riverstate? I think he's just like the others. What do you guys think?

Not many can boast of what their state governors have done. Clearly Ameachi is a King, in the land of the blind. Let's give that to him!
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
The only hype is that he's "goodlooking".

Visit one of the Amaechi threads and that would be one of his listed "marveled" characteristics. Bunch o' clowns.
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by Pygru: 2:34am On Jul 13, 2013
undecided
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by Symphony007: 7:20am On Jul 13, 2013
Why are some people talking through the anus? Peter odili kept rivers state in a mess for 8 years and today no one is talking about it, and today ameachi is doing his best to reverse years of neglect and some is asking what's the hype? Rumola road was a swamp. Today it is one of the most beautifull roads in p.h, stadium road. Airforce road, ikwerre road, azikiwe road, how much did buildin and furnishing hundreds of schools and hospital cost the state, how much is RSSDA giving out in loans to buisnesses. How much are they spending on overseas scholarship. The shongai farm in tai, the choba road is under massive construction and if you drive towards ahoada, you'll shut up in awe. of course not every thing has been done both only an ignorant person will ask "what's the hype"
Re: What Is The Hype About Gov Ameachi? by Abagworo(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2013
And good look at what I wrote in 2011 could give a hint to Amaechi's frustration about East/West road. This is a clear evidence of my sincerity.

(1) (Reply)

Amosun Sacks 14 Permanent Secretaries. / Lagos At Centre Of Africa's Population Boom / A-l-a-r-m-i-n-g 124 Policemen In Lagos Killed By Bandits In 9 Months!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.