Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children (3488 Views)

FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities / Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers / Imo To Establish Four New Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by otokx(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
This ROCHAS guy is talking so much
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by MMM2(m): 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
dats cool
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
Am i the only one that feels that the title os condescending?

Why would he not give them education in the first place? I mean, they're also residents of Imo state.

Unnecessary show of fabricated heroism. Face of hidden discrimination.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
And is there a reason why I can't modify on this thread?

i --> I

os --> is
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by princepee: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
ALAHAJI YUSUF NWAOHA,,,    KAI this igbo man dey fine money go mecca. grin no igbo man fit be  moslem execpt some thing is involve.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by innason(m): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
this governor is really becoming the worst kind of opportunist politician i have ever seen. imagine based on the same fact that the state had not enuf resources to pay salaries to the over 8000 recruits, he suspended the programme making the various graduates who wasted money,time and resources to go back to their homes without any form of compensation. some even travelled from lagos back home and hired houses all for the job they believe they got from the state government.instead of this governor to look into ways of compensating these people he goes about with a visionless manifesto free kerosene ,free education to almajiri and co. his aim is to bribe the northerners for a shot at the president come 2015. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by chino11(m): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
See poor Imo state, na wao. The gov has no focus as if he has done so well for his own people. Our people say that charity begins at home. He is sacrificing his poor imo people because of his presidential ambition which we are all sure that he will never get the ticket either in APGA nor PDP
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by eghost247(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
Good Devlopment
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by LagosShia: 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
i hope this is a sincere move by Rochas to embrace all Nigerians and bring Nigerians closer and break the barriers.and that would be greatly appreciated and rewarded."the reward for good can only be goodness"-(Holy Quran, Chapter 55)

I sincerely also hope that this is not another missionary-like tactic to indoctrinate Muslim children by giving them free education to snatch them for christianity.

a word is enough for the wise!
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by PointB: 12:15am On Aug 24, 2011
@Topic,

I see no problem extending free education to non-indigenes, the SW (Lagos) did it some years back, but why would government fund pilgrimage? Whether for Muslims or Christians, I think unnecessary; Pilgrimages are religious luxury, government has no business wasting money to fund tourism in other countries, while the poor suffer back at home. Misplace priority if you look at it well.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by kelvd4real(m): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2011
Deep Soul:

How sustainable is this free education programme?

What'll happen when Rochas leaves power? Will his predecessor continue or scrap it as is the norm.

We all know how Nigerian leaders lack continuity.

Again I ask, how sustainable is it?

Ok, Until your questions are answered, lets all fold our arms, reject the free education and demand an answer to your questions! grin
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by bisiaet: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2011
It's quiet surprising when a man who came to power barely six months was just making too many promises and want to be this or that I just wonder. Seriously I dont know how the problem in the North now has become what a man in far east should worrying about whereas the North themselve are not eve ready for such change or even see education itself as enermy.

I must be right to ask if this governor has done everything needed for his state? I wonder if everybody now in Imo are satisfy and full so the time to dive nose to other peoples affairs is ripe? When you see a politician suddenly jumping over the fence for what is not is business then something is fishing he must be interested in something possibly if care is not taken he may soon become Alhaji Rochas.

Thousands are roaming the street of Imo capital jobless he is not concern about it but he is worry about people who were created to be a virus to anyone who take them as neighbour. He is worry about those who does not care what happen to his own citizen, he is worry about those who belief education is a sin, I just wonder anyway.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by PointB: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
bisiaet:

It's quiet surprising when a man who came to power barely six months was just making too many promises and want to be this or that I just wonder. Seriously I dont know how the problem in the North now has become what a man in far east should worrying about whereas the North themselve are not eve ready for such change or even see education itself as enermy.

I must be right to ask if this governor has done everything needed for his state? I wonder if everybody now in Imo are satisfy and full so the time to dive nose to other peoples affairs is ripe? When you see a politician suddenly jumping over the fence for what is not is business then something is fishing he must be interested in something possibly if care is not taken he may soon become Alhaji Rochas.

Thousands are roaming the street of Imo capital jobless he is not concern about it but he is worry about people who were created to be a virus to anyone who take them as neighbour. He is worry about those who does not care what happen to his own citizen, he is worry about those who belief education is a sin, I just wonder anyway.

Non-indigenes, especially Northern Muslims in Imo State have been assured that their children will also benefit from the free education policy of the government.

Governor Rochas Okorocha said this when he hosted Muslim[/b]s in Government House, Owerri,.

Okorocha said: “[b]My administration will not discriminate against non-indigenes
but will rather ensure that everybody benefits from the policies and programmes of the state government.

Apparently, the non-indigenes visited the governor to express their fear about the new education policy. Should he have told them that non-indigenes will not benefit? What would have said were to be in his shoes?
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by begwong: 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2011
hope the northern muslim governors would also emulate dis kind gesture.nonetheless;rochas has been helping them from time immemorial with one of his free tuition schools in kano
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by stannydon(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2011
It is high time Rochas Okorocha of Imo state to stop beating around the bush and face up with the real business of governance. First of all, the issue of free education is becoming the only thing he knows as the problem of Imo people, incase you're uninformed, from primary school up to JSS 3 is free in the whole Nigeria through UBE policy since 2002. Apart from that, Imo state is not an educational disadvantaged state and produces the highest number of jambites, graduates every year. We also have the highest number of unemployed youths in Nigeria. Why should Rochas be deceiving people in d name of free education? What we need is qualitative education, employment creation, infrastructural development, good road network, clean and serein environment and above all security. It's very miopic for somebody to tell us that the only agenda he has for a highly intellectual state like imo is free education. He should stop fooling himself and tell what we want, he disengaged 8211 workers employed by the previous administration and appointed jobless people whose monthly salary alone can take care of the entire 8211 for 4 years, what a wicked act! He has started wickedly and will end making OHAKIM a hero. Time shall tell, employment creation, infrastructural development, good road network, clean and serein environment and above all security. It's very miopic for somebody to tell us that the only agenda he has for a highly intellectual state like imo is free education. He should stop fooling himself and tell what we want, he disengaged 8211 workers employed by the previous administration and appointed jobless people whose monthly salary alone can take care of the entire 8211 for 4 years, what a wicked act! He has started wickedly and will end making OHAKIM a hero. Time shall tell,
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Nymphnode(m): 2:10am On Aug 25, 2011
^ ^ ^ ^ So pupils in pry to JS 3 dont pay anything? Thats really good o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poland Study Visa Questions And Answers / "Is The Boy Right"? Lol (pic.) / Abiapoly Reopens, As Union Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.