Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers (9320 Views)

UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo / Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs / Imo To Establish Four New Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by oluwashaddow(m): 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
The Osun State government has commenced the distribution of the ‘Tablet of Knowledge’ otherwise referred to as the “Opón Ìmò” to teachers of Grade 12 level of the public secondary schools across the state.

At the flag- off ceremony at Ilesa high school in the state, the deputy governor, Titi Laoye -Tomori said that the introduction of the Opón Ìmò was to ensure that all students and the teachers were integrated into the knowledge based society which the world is fast becoming.

The ceremony brought together over 250 teachers from the public secondary schools across Ijesa, stakeholders in the education sector and parents of the students.

It’s the first time the teachers of Grade 12 will be receiving the Tablet of Knowledge, also known as the Opón Ìmò in Yoruba language, to aid teaching and learning in schools.

The distribution is to further help the Grade 12 students who had earlier been given their Opón Ìmò to prepare for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination.

The teachers say the device, which contains 56 textbooks recommended by the Federal Government of Nigeria, past questions for West African Examination Certificate and Joint Admission Matriculation Board examination among others, will usher in a modern method of teaching and learning which would ultimately reflect positively on the result of the students

The Opón Ìmò, “Tablet of Knowledge”, is a stand-alone e-learning tablet that provides the senior secondary students with the learning materials required to prepare for school leaving examinations. It provides 3 major content categories; Text Books, Tutorials and Practice Question.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/19/osun-govt-donates-opon-imo-to-teachers/

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by azyaq(m): 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Osun State at it again that Ogbeni is really tryin

1st to comment

2 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nice
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Sloan: 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Some people are coming to cry VERY SOON..1,2,3 ....

Are they on the floor crying yet?? grin grin grin
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by mistudreh(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
God bless Rauf... God bless state of osun... 2nd term e sure ju.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by pistol: 12:13am On Nov 20, 2013
Confused aregbe rascal...
So all this while ,the students has been teaching themselves?
The first port of call was supposed to be the teachers and the clown ended up putting the cart before the horse.
My corper friend serving there even said that it was only for schools in the urban area and it got to only about 20 percent if the student population.
The thing has already even started crashing.
Smh..
Definitely osun is in the news again

2 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by DollyParton1(f): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
what the hell is opon imo?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by braine(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice one•
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Clemzy16(m): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abeg who knw seun make e help me tell am say i don spend more than a month online since wen i register, na 3hours i com see nw. Na how i wan take make almost 2000 comments for 3hours, shey i be winch? *angry*

3 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by IAMBREEZY: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
Very nice
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by sonihfidic1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice, but the gesture should be extended to other grades and levels

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by hooper: 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
ASK YOUR PAPA

6 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by hooper: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
pistol: Confused aregbe rascal...
The first port of call was supposed to be the teachers and the clown ended up putting the cart before the horse.
My corper friend serving there even said that it was only for schools in the urban area and it got to only about 20 percent if the student population.
Smh..

FATHER FORGIVE HIM FOR HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S SAYING

4 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by lekkie073(m): 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
OK
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by hooper: 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
OSUN IS MOVING!!!
IPINLE OMOLUABI!!!!
AREGBESOLA STANDS OUT UNLIKE SOME GOVERNORS THAT DISTRIBUTE CARS TO DIRECTORS FOR..............
OSUN A DARA OOO

2 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by DollyParton1(f): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
hooper:
ASK YOUR PAPA
oniranu
Omo poo bi osan

4 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by frainc(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
hooper:
ASK YOUR PAPA
i'm sorry to say this but you lack home training

7 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Abuklaw(m): 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by emmahoney(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ogbeni is liar, most grade12 students have not gotten anything!! He is just a noise maker contributing nuissance to the state. Here @ Iwo in Osun state only one school has been given the so callled tablet aka "opon imo" out of about 20 schools. Is that not pathetic? All he knows to do is to make noise!!. Nigeria an only be great if we shun voting for parties but personality. All is well sha. Naijiria a daaraa oo, Osun nan oni gbeyin.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
I was thinking he donated more agberos to imo state sef grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Fazhy: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ogbeni in action.

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
Why not convert the money for that Opon imo to mini laptops and projectors? Wouldnt the aim of the Opon Imo be defeated at last?

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by hooper: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

oniranu
Omo poo bi osan

TAKE IT EASY..
ASK UR PAPA IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF OPON IMO...
MOFOS!!! ONIRANU ,AMUKUNMEKO, ODE, FOBO RANA OMO....

2 Likes

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by hooper: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
ANAMBRA11: I was thinking he donated more agberos to imo state sef grin
ENEMY OF PROGRESS....
AGBERO NO DEY FOR OSUN STATE.....
OSUN IS THE MOST PEACEFUL STATE IN NIGERIA.....
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
Governor Aregbesola he`s trying; but, the Opon-Imo stuff was not not well-planned. Students from J.S 1 to S.S 1 were not given all. Even those in S.S 2 & 3 haven`t all been given theirs.

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by sademola: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Literally it means tablet of knowledge. It's just one of those tablets (like ipad, galaxy tabs) loaded with school stuffs like ebooks an the like

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by hooper: 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
emmahoney: Ogbeni is liar, most grade12 students have not gotten anything!! He is just a noise maker contributing nuissance to the state. Here @ Iwo in Osun state only one school has been given the so callled tablet aka "opon imo" out of about 20 schools. Is that not pathetic? All he knows to do is to make noise!!. Nigeria an only be great if we shun voting for parties but personality. All is well sha. Naijiria a daaraa oo, Osun nan oni gbeyin.
emmahoney: Ogbeni is liar, most grade12 students have not gotten anything!! He is just a noise maker contributing nuissance to the state. Here @ Iwo in Osun state only one school has been given the so callled tablet aka "opon imo" out of about 20 schools. Is that not pathetic? All he knows to do is to make noise!!. Nigeria an only be great if we shun voting for parties but personality. All is well sha. Naijiria a daaraa oo, Osun nan oni gbeyin.

SEE THIS IDIOT FELLOW..
BASELESS FACT...
WHAT OGBENI IS CARRYING OUT IS GLARING....
GO TO OSUN STATE N U SHALL SEE CHANGES IN INFRASTRUCTURAL FACILITIES ,EDUCATION SECTOR...
I AM VERY SURE YOUR STATE GOVERNOR CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE SPIRIT OF GREEDINESS IS IN HIM....

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by sademola: 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
pistol: Confused aregbe rascal...
Smh..

Pistol, I guess he has started even if the tablets didnt go round yet it will go round later. A journey of thousand mile starts with few steps.

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Olugbenger(m): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Clemzy16: Abeg who knw seun make e help me tell am say i don spend more than a month online since wen i register, na 3hours i com see nw. Na how i wan take make almost 2000 comments for 3hours, shey i be winch? *angry*
Wait till that hours become 24, you would see one month. Its normal.
Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Aminat508(f): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
takulaha' ankotiqoti' u beta fear Allah! Nd d Last Day! U suppose get real evidience before broadcasting rubbish..

1 Like

Re: Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers by Ojestas(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Aminat508: takulaha' ankotiqoti' u beta fear Allah! Nd d Last Day! U suppose get real evidience before broadcasting rubbish..
abeegi!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Force Comprehensive School Ibadan - Old Boys/girls / World Bank To Adopt Anambra's Education Module / 61th Rugular Result Of N.d.a Kaduna Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.