Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,642 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? (40360 Views)

How Best Do I Punish My Mum? / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by pikechukwu6(m): 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2022
Allow Resraman to feel ire. ..which one be send him away. He was sleeping simple grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Camberlo(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
You are a female and it will be difficult to handle that boy in nearest future.

If your parent can still handle him, it's advise you send him back as soon as possible.

Because, he will continue to disobey you and eventually he can poison you if it persist.

Send him back to parent and top up parent pocket money so that they can take care of him.

But that bull dog can metamorphosize into a dragon � and that can consume you.

Don't allow anyone give you BP at your age, after all, you never marry sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by dandig(m): 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
Homeboiy:

Na this benin all of us dey

Smoking weed is not the problem here

Sending him back home is not the solution

Send him to HK

That's the best solution for him.

If he never blend for benin

Soon he will

Talk to him ,allow am make he dey smoke but not in your presence and he should be moderate about it.

Advice an about joining cult in this city.

Shey una dey see wetin I talk... See how the state don turn to...walai I leave am run come back after school.... Cus bad atmosphere corrupts good manners..
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Klass99(f): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2022
angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Awesomeking: 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
Dont tolerate anything..his silence instead of apologising proves he is brewing something..weed makes people disregard all forms of respect and love shown to them...kick him out now..before its too late...dont let it pass this night..tomorrow morning he should be going
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Abioladoks: 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2022
Whats d name if this film?
WHATS D NAME OF THIS FILM??

doggedfighter:
If he leaves your house, can your parents handle him ?

This one will give you serious headache.

I would have suggested sending him back to people that brought him to this world but I fear he will send them to early grave.

From the look of things he's joined those Edo cult boys and criminals !

Sighs !
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by cris83: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
He's not your responsibility at this point if he can sleep off leaving you locked outside putting your life in danger. Send him back to his parents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Aliou007(m): 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2022
You'll make a very good typical nigerian mother! Look how you just made your conclusion on him joining bad gang LOL! grin
doggedfighter:
If he leaves your house, can your parents handle him ?

This one will give you serious headache.

I would have suggested sending him back to people that brought him to this world but I fear he will send them to early grave.

From the look of things he's joined those Edo cult boys and criminals !

Sighs !
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by RZArecta(m): 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
I have never felt so much anger when I remember what happened to me.
I stay in Benin, my younger brother visited me 2 days ago.
It has been 2 days of katakata
The boy is 19 this year
He is doing security guy for one plaza
But I'm planning to send him back to my parents after what happened last night

I came back weak and tired from work and my phone battery died
As I tried to open the outside gate. I found out it was locked. We only lock it only from 9pm
But it was 7pm
My neighbour had travelled, and I gave my brother the key, so I started knocking the gate for my brother to open.

I knocked and knocked and knocked no response. I shout his name no response and my phone was dead.
I was practically lock out of my own apartment
I shake gate, knock and knock still no response.
I was sooo angry and some people saw me and thought I was a crazy girl knocking at somebody house.
Can you believe that I was locked outside from 7pm till 11pm.
My arms are swollen from knocking for too long
No place to go and my co workers live far and no way to call them. It was a nightmare

Out of nowhere I summoned courage and climbed the fence with broken bottles and sharp metals.
Hmmmmmm for my own house wey i pay for.

I was praying nobody see me and think otherwise cuz it was around 11pm
Especially vigilante groups
Na so I jump enter almost break leg
just say you're tired of him and need your privacy instead of all this katkitikiti. If you send him back to the village/parents, what will you gain ? An extra load whenever you're sending monthly stipend. It's better you pay self contain or one room for him and tell him to fend for himself henceforth as you won't pay rent for him again. He'll be able to calculate his salary from then and you've got one more independent pocket to help with sustaining family responsibilities

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Sambai65(m): 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
Send that boy back to village before he kill you
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Jackipapa: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2022
This story get as it be!
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Moneyyman: 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
Please send him back before he go join cult boys or meet Slawormir by chance.

Edo no be place for young men to misbehave answer.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Warmaterial(m): 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
Let him learn handwork it pays.

Ask him to choose between being an electrician or a plumber and fix him in one it pays.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by skywolf28(m): 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

It's my mother
She will cry and roll on the floor if she hear I chase him out. I still blame her for over pampering him. Always giving excuse for his bad behaviours now she has left me to deal with him.
I really want to send him back, what happened last night almost drove me mad.
Now he has comeback and still ignoring me.
Like seriously, I'm the one that should be ignoring him for what he did last night.
It's just becuz of mama that I trying my best to tolerate him.

Kick him out, he is only misbehaving because he knows you are soft deport the werey back to your mums and let her handle him or bear with him since she spoilt him
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Flamemignon1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
Nicepoker:
A woman's thinking capacity is not wired that way.
And you just had to victim blame and also be misogynistic while doing that

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by udomma1005(m): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
You've to be firm but not heartless!
If you can get the locks changed so he has his own, fine. If not, get the key from him, he has to wait till you come back, you paid for the crib, not him,besides the sorry incident you narrated will certainly reoccur because his style of habit is exclusive to independent dudes;get high, blast jam, sleep for your crib without disturbance(you're now a pest in your house tongue. If you don't make him know your stance as the bills taker, next time might not be rosy, probably the vigilante will shoot you dead(God forbid but your village pipu would rejoice and be glad in it) or you will jump from the fence and now break that your fine yellow legs grin, even that your weed bro will not even help you push the wheelchair when you from hospital dey come. If he's uncomfortable with your terms, let him move over to his peers place till he can afford a crib. This advice is because of your mom ooooo, if not I for tell you tell your guy call one or two fine boys, pack him things drop for the closest junction cool
Brother wey go good, go good. The one wey nor go good nor matta you cut your head Givam, na banzah. Imagine the insolence of rejecting egg for this economy

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by 123papas(m): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
Take him to the police station to write an undertaking that he will not smoke Indian hemp or bring it into your house again. If he cannot do that, send him back.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Invest4growth: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
Send him away on time before you begin to hear stories that touch. This is your time to act. Also change the locks on your door. Perhaps he took more than indian hemp
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Najdorf: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
Nicepoker:
A woman's thinking capacity is not wired that way.
Change that stupid mentality. I won't say more than that.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by DSC7: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:

It's my mother
She will cry and roll on the floor if she hear I chase him out. I still blame her for over pampering him. Always giving excuse for his bad behaviours now she has left me to deal with him.
Like seriously, I'm the one that should be ignoring him for what he did last night.

Is he the lastborn?
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by bigtt76(f): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2022
Nor vex pass yourself. Go cut another gate key, hold one make hin too hold the other ...case close kiss

FeliciaOja:

It's my mother

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by meobizy(f): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
Send him home. End of story.

Fine girl no dey Nairaland. From the write-up, I know OP is overweight.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by PlayMaker14: 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2022
bigtt76:
Nor vex pass yourself. Go cut another gate key, hold one make hin too hold the other ...case close kiss

God bless you with sense.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by coputa(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
The boy is 19 this year

As I tried to open the outside gate. I found out it was locked. We only lock it only from 9pm
But it was 7pm
My neighbour had travelled, and I gave my brother the key, so I started knocking the gate for my brother to open.

I knocked and knocked and knocked no response. I shout his name no response and my phone was dead.
I was sooo angry and some people saw me and thought I was a crazy girl knocking at somebody house.
No place to go and my co workers live far and no way to call them. It was a nightmare

Out of nowhere I summoned courage and climbed the fence with broken bottles and sharp metals.

Do not deprive him of anything you use to provide for him.talk to him in love and let him know the implications of what he's into, he will turn a new leaf

2 Likes

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Boomboost(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
I use all the vex inside me and push the door open.
My room was smelling strong disgusting smell of Indian hemp. I saw this yeye boy snoring with music playing on speaker
I flog him belt as he was sleeping and we argued as I scolded him.
This morning he refuse to talk to me and even reject the fried egg I made

so I've started thinking of sending him out of my house. The trauma I experience last night still vexing me.
Should I punish him by not giving him money for 1 week
or
Should I purse him from my house?

Target his fears, pride and use it to break him.

- He left home to your place so he probably has fears of being homeless. Threaten with that.
- Weed is bought so just food, no pocket money. Don't keep money at home for the time being, use POS.
- Act like you don't worry about his bad behaviour. He's an attention seeker. Warn him once on being better behaved if not police go carry am, and you no get money for bail. You can have police actually come and scare him. I would if I were you.
- Reward good behaviour. Like a fancy sibling outing or shawarma at home. This is very effective for controlling teens.
- He needs to Work or learn a skill. Photography, Tailoring, Hotel cleaning or something.
- If he's in the University, have School security keep an eye on him. Actually take him to the security post and leave him under their care, while he gets a degree.
- If you're religious, read scriptures routinely with him. His church mind will develop possibly.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Corto: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
I use all the vex inside me and push the door open.
My room was smelling strong disgusting smell of Indian hemp. I saw this yeye boy snoring with music playing on speaker
I flog him belt as he was sleeping and we argued as I scolded him.
This morning he refuse to talk to me and even reject the fried egg I made

so I've started thinking of sending him out of my house. The trauma I experience last night still vexing me.
Should I punish him by not giving him money for 1 week
or
Should I purse him from my house?

Send him away fast
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by PROPHETmichael: 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
If you send him away, he will hold bad blood against you and he will possibly seek revenge in the nearest future. So, let the police force handle the situation for you. Let them handle it like the biblical hand of Esau but the voice of Jacob.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Moikiitos: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
Sit him down and have a candid discussion with me. Set the rules as to what you would like him to followed strictly. He can also be part of setting up the rules. After all he is your brother…Communication is key here.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Stanleyq: 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2022
PlayMaker14:
You still want to punish him after flogging him mercilessly right?

And you want validation from Nairalanders on whether to punish him the more or throw him out..... Hmmmm
tɦɛռ, ʊʀ sʊɢɢɛstɨօռ
?
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Boomboost(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
Klass99:

Your own comment sounds hateful already. Some will respond with equal hatred that could lead to avoidable murder.
If a woman, naturally capable of manipulation puts her mind to it, she can make her brother into a better citizen.
Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by abobote: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
This same thing happened to me last year.
We move into the house newly, normally every tenants have his own gate key, but I have not gotten my then.
I came back around 12midnight and met the gate locked, I called my younger brother who is inside and he didn't pick, I knocked the gate, no response, I went to a bear parlour to drink till 5am.
The second day the same thing repeated, when I came back in the morning I seized his phone after two days I returned the phone to him and get my own gate key.

Though in my own case outside is still safe even after midnight.
Don't send him back, talk to him

1 Like

Re: How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This? by Sleekfingers: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
FeliciaOja:
The boy is 19 this year

But it was 7pm

You owe him nothing....send him back to your parents......
Or you can give him a second chance....but talk to him first, tell your parents about what happened.....if he doesn't change, kick his butt out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years / Happy 50th Wedding Anniversay To My Parents. / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.