Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience (1140 Views)

Atiku's Star Witness faults US Court Judgment On Tinubu's Forfeiture Of $460,000 / Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court / Keyamo: Tinubu’s Forfeiture Of $460,000 Was Civil, Not Criminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
Minister of State, Labour and Employment and Director, Public Affairs and Spokespersons, Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo (SAN) on Thursday insisted that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was not indicted or prosecuted for alleged involvement in drug trafficking in the United States.

Speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT on the backlash that has trailed the interview he granted on Channels Television on the definition of 'forfeiture', when Tinubu forfeited the sum of $460,000 in one of the 10 accounts linked to him, Keyamo said that cannot be called a criminal forfeiture as no criminal charges were preferred against the former Lagos state governor.

He said rather than being indicted and prosecuted, the prosecutors obtained an indemnity from Tinubu to settle the matter and not to take action against them in the future.

"In the settlement agreement, they sought and obtained an indemnity from him against bringing an action against them in future for initially confiscating his money".

" In order words, they appealed to him to assure them it was the end of the matter and he would not come against them in further, which is more like a plea for the matter to be finally settled".

Also speaking on Tinubu’s forfeiture of $460,000 in one of the 10 accounts linked to him, Keyamo said that cannot be called a criminal forfeiture as no criminal charges were preferred against the former Lagos state governor.

"In law not all forfeitures are criminal; there are civil, criminal and administrative forfeitures. If there is no criminal charge, there cannot be a criminal forfeiture or indictment".

" In the case of @officialABAT, it was a civil forfeiture; there was no criminal charge against him".

My experience:

I have this brother who trusts me to manage his business... When one of his friends wants to buy a house here but doesn't have an account, he talks to my brother, who gives him my account information and 100% guarantee of trust in me without my consent.

A large sum of money was deposited into my account, prompting my arrest. As a result, people began to speak up. Fortunately, my brother and his friend called to explain, but the owner must be present to explain the source of the discovery. He flew down, explained everything, collected his money, and everyone was set free....

Note: If this person cannot defend the legality of the proceeding, I will either face jail time or forfeit the money to the government, depending on my defense counsel's agreement and compliance...

I was released, but some people continue to believe that I am involved with Yahoo.

Finally, I will not blame those who called Bola Ahmed Tinubu a criminal, nor will I condemn him...

Finally, everyone will make a decision based on their mind and beliefs.

I am not a criminal in the eyes of the law, but that will not change people's minds because they already believe what they want to believe.
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by socialmediaman: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
Bola Tinubu claimed that the money belonged to his family members, however, on investigation, the money was linked to drug dealers.

How is that similar to what you just narrated? We have seen the full text of Tinubu's forfeiture, if we saw yours too we'll know whether you were innocent or guilty. Facts are facts!

I also know this is going to frontpage because you're not the only one trying their best to defend a known drug dealer

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by hardeyincah(m): 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
Front page please. Lovely...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by sonature1: 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2022
If your explanation is anything to go by, it means that Tinubu is a crack cocaine enabler.
His account was used to do the transaction and when he couldn't explain why he had all the money, he had to forfeit about $460k.

If Tinubu supporters say that the sum was paid in taxes or whatever name, then how much did he originally have in the account? Everything about that man is questionable, fraudulent and ignoble.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by mymadam(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by WibusJaga: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2022

The highest public office in Nigeria goes with some level of decorum & trust.
With all these controversies around Tinubu, he simply does not deserve the votes of sane & sensible Nigerians.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:
Bola Tinubu claimed that the money belonged to his family members, however, on investigation, the money was linked to drug dealers.

How is that similar to what you just narrated? I also know this is going to frontpage because you're not the only one trying their best to defend a known drug dealer

What if the money is not legal? And I forfeited it?
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Arda1000(m): 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
One question the money sent to your account did they owner forfeit it?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
sonature1:
If your explanation is anything to go by, it means that Tinubu is a crack cocaine enabler.
His account was used to do the transaction and when he couldn't explain why he had all the money, he had to forfeit about $460k.

If Tinubu supporters say that the sum was paid in taxes or whatever name, then how did he originally have in the account? Everything about that man is questionable, fraudulent and ignoble.

Did you read that not all the money in account was forfeited?

How did they concluded on a perticuler account?

The only suspected money was forfeited.

I did not agree with Keyamo they the forfeited money is for tax.

I wish he can come out to defend himself

1 Like

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Validated: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
OP, you LIED. Why would a legit businessman not own an account but chooses your brother's or your account?
Stop lieing, it will not serve you any purpose.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by socialmediaman: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
Abbeytoy:

What if the money is not legal? And I forfeited it?

Investigators do investigation. That's why they're called Investigators.

They will check the length of time that money has been in your account, and corroborate with your claims during investigation, for them to determine whether you were a custodian of crime proceeds or not. If you tell them a friend sent you money to invest, but they find that all you do is receive money and wire to other members of a criminal organization, they will figure you out.

In your case, your story checked out, Tinubu's story didn't, that's why he forfeited the money

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by SWATMan: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

How is that similar to what you just narrated? We have seen the full text of Tinubu's forfeiture, if we saw yours too we'll know whether you were innocent or guilty. Facts are facts!

I also know this is going to frontpage because you're not the only one trying their best to defend a known drug dealer

No need responding to his urchins. They will still come up with other 'similar' stories.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

Investigators do investigation. That's why they're called Investigators.

They will check the length of time that money has been in your account, and corroborate with your claims during investigation, for them to determine whether you were a custodian of crime proceeds or not. If you tell them a friend sent you money to invest, but they find that all you do is receive money and wire to other members of a criminal organization, they will figure you out.

In your case, your story checked out, Tinubu's story didn't, that's why he forfeited the money

It's an assumption on his own, because someone related to him is into drugs
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2022
WibusJaga:

The highest public office in Nigeria goes with some level of decorum & trust.
With all these controversies around Tinubu, he simply does not deserve the votes of sane & sensible Nigerians.

He deserves everything until court says otherwise
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by socialmediaman: 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2022
Abbeytoy:

It's an assumption on his own, because someone related to him is into drugs

You're doing your best to clear a former drug dealer's name here. Have you read his claims during investigation? He claimed that the money belonged to his family members. The money was then linked to drug dealers during investigation. How is this an assumption?

If someone close to him was into drugs, what was his business being a custodian of the money, and when questioned, claiming that the money belonged to his family members?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Validated:
OP, you LIED. Why would a legit businessman not own an account but chooses your brother's or your account?
Stop lieing, it will not serve you any purpose.

LOL...

I have nothing to gain, but to your question, the transaction makes him come to the country for the first time after a long time.

Again, till now, my brother did not have personal account in Nigeria yet because of NIN wàhálà.
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by GamalNasser: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
Keep cooking stories just to defend the evil man ok..keep doing that

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by socialmediaman: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
SWATMan:

No need responding to his urchins. They will still come up with other 'similar' stories.

It was targeted at those who haven't read the story. Have you noticed that stories about the drug dealings are not pushed to front page, while stories trying to launder his image easily make it to frontpage?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
GamalNasser:
Keep cooking stories just to defend the evil man ok..keep doing that

Not everyone is ready to defend rubbish...

I gain nothing in it but trying to share me experience
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

You're doing your best to clear a former drug dealer's name here. Have you read his claims during investigation? He claimed that the money belonged to his family members. The money was then linked to drug dealers during investigation. How is this an assumption?

I say this base on the verdict report.

Keyamo quote all the passage and paragraph to read and digest.
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by socialmediaman: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
You guys keep looking down on Nigerians. What an analogy! We're highly educated people, go ask everywhere in the world!

Tinubu can't just buy and bully his way into the presidency

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by rummmy: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
I see APC substituting it's presidential candidate....
So many issues linked to escoba

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:
You guys keep looking down on Nigerians. What an analogy! We're highly educated people, go ask everywhere in the world!

Tinubu can't just buy and bully his way into the presidency

This is what I am saying... There are lot of things hanging on Tinubu neck to clear, but don't be the judge... Let court of law tell is this man is not fit to contest.
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by forgiveness: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

Can you show me where Tinubu claimed the money belonged to his family? Hope you are not lying?
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2022
forgiveness:

Can you show me where Tinubu claimed the money belonged to his family? Hope you are not lying?

Don't mind them.

I am sure, this experience await me in the future reason I am trying to tell my story
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by socialmediaman: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
Abbeytoy:

I say this base on the verdict report.

Keyamo quote all the passage and paragraph to read and digest.

A man whose hands are clean will tell investigators who transferred the money to him and what it was meant for, and it will check out during investigation.

If it wasn't his own share of the crime proceeds he would've cleared this name.

If the money belonged to his family members, he would've asked them to come claim their money

NOBODY forfeits $460,000 legitimately owned by his family members in the 90s. Yes, it was the 90s not 2022

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

A man whose hands are clean will tell investigators who transferred the money to him and what it was meant for, and it will check out during investigation.

If it wasn't his own share of the crime proceeds he would've cleared this name.

If the money belonged to his family members, he would've asked them to come claim their money

NOBODY forfeits $460,000 legitimately owned by his family members in the 90s. Yes, it was the 90s not 2022

What if he does not know then source?

It's what if and not a conclusion oooo

But to be sincere, the case no clear.

Why US no forfeit Huspupi & Co money and set them free?

We're not asking the right question because it involves TINUBU
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
You don't forfeite a huge sum of legal money, no one will do that without a fight.

If you had forfeited money before, Its because you are a criminal or accepted money for criminals or you are a greedy criminal.

Any way you are a criminal, on Tinubu issue it's clear as day, he's a criminal..

Atiku is coming

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
Thinkam:
You don't forfeite a huge sum of legal money, no one will do that without a fight.

If you had forfeited money before, Its because you are a criminal or accepted money for criminals or you are a greedy criminal.

Any way you are a criminal, on Tinubu issue it's clear as day, he's a criminal..

Atiku is coming

Who told you there was no fight?.

Oh,because you read am mean say na just a day conclusion grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by socialmediaman: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
Abbeytoy:

I don't think you've read the 58-page document. He made most of these deposits himself. His salary was $2,400 a month, enough to pay his rent, and take care of his family, as his wife was a housewife and he had no other source of income, according to court records.

Here's a link: https://gazettengr.com/wp-content/uploads/US-District-Court-Northern-District.pdf

1 Like

Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by Abbeytoy(m): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2022
socialmediaman:

I don't think you've read the 58-page document. He made most of these deposits himself. His salary was $2,400 a month, enough to pay his rent, and take care of his family, as his wife was listed as a housewife.

Here's a link: https://gazettengr.com/wp-content/uploads/US-District-Court-Northern-District.pdf

Most... Not all bro
Re: Tinubu"s Forfeiture Of $460,000 And My Near Experience by MasterJayJay: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2022
Abbeytoy:

Dude, go and rest. Tinubu's lawyer Keyamo said it was tax and not forfeiture.

You admit the case is not clear and you are still trying to compare your own experience with that of Tinubu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Must Win This Election. Else We Are Finished. Babachir Lawal / Peter Obi: Why No Politicians Decamping To Labour Party / Tinubu My Tested , Trusted Successor - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.