Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again (75267 Views)

Buhari Japa To The Uk Again! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2022
doctore212:
Me am looking for where I can get cheap olosho for 5k all night here is Zamfra state
5k is cheap for olosho ? i can buy a 6 piece chicken box with fries and coke with that at KFC . you guys waste good money grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by pansophist(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
sukkot:
yeah lol used to be a time it was black and white. now the others have edged us out. the other immigrants and like you rightly said import 3rd world and be the 3rd world. there is an area in london called tower hamlets, mehnnnn that place is like india hehe. looking every bit the 3rd world country. as with many parts of the UK. you say why would a rich person leave nigeria and go hustle in the west ? i have seen many do it oooo in the past year. they say they are doing for their children grin grin

I was in Birmingham this summer, I almost ask if I was in Moldova. grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Phraences: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2022
MissLAP:

Nice observations!
But nature has a way of pointing someone to where his wealth was stolen and taken to, life is directed spiritually so please withdraw the statement stating that toms and dicks are migrating the UK.

Which wealth was stolen All the aid and grants they have given African countries, has it not been embezzled by the leaders!!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
Klass99:

as you so eloquently put it, its been a steady rapid decline from the internet ( eroded their core values and made people insular and introverted and antisocial ) to mass immigration to heavy commercialization to brexit to covid and then the BRICS nations steering the global economy away from the west to finally the Ukraine war. i personally believe that anyone going there now is integrating into a burning house . its like you are going to fall with britain. like how the bible says whomever is joined unto them will fall with them

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
pansophist:

I was in Birmingham this summer, I almost ask if I was in Moldova. grin
haha gypsys etc. na gypsys full moldova. those people can steal. now did you know that the average moldovan has only one kidney ? its because the country is so poor that they all donate and sell one kidney so as to put food on the table. the place is more wretched than nigeria. shocking horrible place. so na dem full birmingham ? lol grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by pansophist(m): 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
sukkot:
Thats the whole point bro. the uk is now the emerging new shithole lol. which beggars the question ? why sell your house in one shithole ( nigeria ) to go become homeless in another shithole ( uk ) ? in the past one year there has been an epidemic of nigerians who sold their houses and quit good jobs in naija and entered uk with like 20 million naira. but these guys went with wives and kids so they cant cut corners. they start renting in london ( 3 bedroom is like 2000 a month ) which is like 2 million naira a month in rent and under a year all their money have run out and they have become homeless. many are sleeping on park benches and in the librarry. so you went from homeowner business executive in naija to sleepping on park bench in uk . these things should be avoided. hear stories from this guy too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=274LON8AzeA&t=1s

I like Phrankleen, I follow and listen to him for about two years now, and he always speaks fact, although those that have sworn that the good life can only be gotten in the west may not like him. Phrankllen is British, has lived in the UK for donkey years, and gives genuine advice, but still many will see him as an enemy of progress until they enter the soup themselves.

I am not sure if many of the homeless people I saw in the UK were Nigerians/African immigrants, but my impression of the Uk is that it's a difficult place for immigrants, everything is so damn expensive, and your houses are so small. Especially in London where three/four people will squeeze themselves in flats where only one/two person max will live in places like Sweden.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
pansophist:

I like Phrankleen, I follow and listen to him for about two years now, and he always speaks fact, although those that have sworn that the good life can only be gotten in the west may not like him. Phrankllen is British, has lived in the UK for donkey years, and gives genuine advice, but still many will see him as an enemy of progress until they enter the soup themselves.

I am not sure if many of the homeless people I saw in the UK were Nigerians/African immigrants, but my impression of the Uk is that it's a difficult place for immigrants, everything is so damn expensive, and your houses are so small. Especially in London where three/four people will squeeze themselves in flats where only one/two person max will live in places like Sweden.
yeah phrankleen is a top guy. a great cook too. i started watching him when he ran a food channel. i was learning how to cook. that guy can cook. then he discovered he got the gift of the gab and then transitioned to making these informative videos. yeah the UK has always been a tough place to live because its just a tiny island and so real estate is prime. it was always tough but its getting much much more tougher now and as you rightly said especially if you are a visible minority. a few will break through the glass ceiling but many will be caught and mired in the underbelly of british stagnation and poverty.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by pansophist(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
sukkot:
haha gypsys etc. na gypsys full moldova. those people can steal. now did you know that the average moldovan has only one kidney ? its because the country is so poor that they all donate and sell one kidney so as to put food on the table. the place is more wretched than nigeria. shocking horrible place. so na dem full birmingham ? lol grin

The UK as well as Belgium (and to some extent France) are the countries I went to and felt sorry for them, like seriously. I will get angry if I see more white/Asian/Arab faces in Nigeria than black faces. For example in Antwerp, there are more Arab-looking people than white Belgians. Brussels and Liege are mixed of people from everywhere, especially Africans and middle-eastern. Belgium is really small and densely populated with 12M people (Niger state is bigger than Belgium at least twice), so the demographic changes are very visible.

Also with the UK. The foreign faces in major cities are so much, and many of these immigrants don't speak English, and perhaps, looks like they won't integrate. I ordered food with uber eats twice in London, and the guys that brought my food with a bike don't speak English. I feel like the UK has committed social suicide. With the way immigration is going, whites will be a minority within the century if caution is not taken.

And the UK doesn't have land, which makes it worse. It is too small of a place, from the roads to the houses, and parks. A little wonder they annexed Northern Ireland, and don't want to return it lol.

44 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2022
Phraences:

Which wealth was stolen All the aid and grants they have given African countries, has it not been embezzled by the leaders!!

You fraudulently take 1billion from someone and later give him back 100million to feed his kids. Is that what you call aid and grants?

Black man is really in a good mess

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by pansophist(m): 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
MissLAP:

You fraudulently take 1billion from someone and later give him back 100million to feed his kids. I that what you call aid and grants?

100M of 1B is 10%. That is too generous. What they took can not be counted only in the form of materials (cash, resources, artifacts, etc), but culture, loss of dignity, blood and life, and uncountable intangibles.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Phraences: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
MissLAP:

You fraudulently take 1billion from someone and later give him back 100million to feed his kids. I that what you call aid and grants?

1000 years from now we go still dey blame the White man. Smh!!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Phraences: 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
pansophist:

The UK as well as Belgium (and to some extent France) are the countries I went to and felt sorry for them, like seriously. I will get angry if I see more white/Asian/Arab faces in Nigeria than black faces. For example in Antwerp, there are more Arab-looking people than white Belgians. Brussels and Liege are mixed of people from everywhere, especially Africans and middle-eastern. Belgium is really small and densely populated with 12M people (Niger state is bigger than Belgium at least twice), so the demographic changes are very visible.

Also with the UK. The foreign faces in major cities are so much, and many of these immigrants don't speak English, and perhaps, looks like they won't integrate. I ordered food with uber eats twice in London, and the guys that brought my food with a bike don't speak English. I feel like the UK has committed social suicide. With the way immigration is going, whites will be a minority within the century if caution is not taken.

And the UK doesn't have land, which makes it worse. It is too small of a place, from the roads to the houses, and parks. No wonder they annexed Northern Ireland, and don't want to return it lol.

That's why some countries don't support multiculturalism. Because people don't want to integrate. They want to import their deadass culture and religious extremism along with them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2022
The essence of this thread is something I've noticed among the upper class in Nigeria - they don't want other Nigerians to make it out to the UK, USA or other developed countries or they generally don't want other Nigerians to be prosperous.

Talking to some of them, you can tell they would prohibit Nigerians from migrating if they could.

The UK of today is as enjoyable as any other era. I know a few fresh doctors and nurses and also students and lower class workers who have made a higher standard of living for themselves than they would ever have in Nigeria. Some of them even work illegally.

Warren Buffett has said it plenty times and I know by experience, there's nothing that a rich man can enjoy in the West that a poor man can't get except private jet.

So this is what it has come to. � No wonder Nigeria is the way it is.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Princesspreshus: 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
sihamey:

They have that much and the borrow POF to Japa thinking they will HAMMER as soon as they arrive UK wink

If I could travel to the UK to be a slave then I would

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 12:07am On Nov 11, 2022
pansophist:

And the UK doesn't have land, which makes it worse. It is too small of a place, from the roads to the houses, and parks. A little wonder they annexed Northern Ireland, and don't want to return it lol.
bro dont feel sorry for them ooooo. those bastards deserve everything they get. the empire strikes back. their king leopold was all over africa turning people to slaves and cutting their hands off if they refused to be slaves. but yeah i have been to ostende belgium myself but this was when it was still all white. i went through belgium to get to germany. also being to france. full of algerians and francophone africans. mayne europe destroyed themselves but if you go around colonizing people sooner or later your subjects will come pay you a visit lol grin grin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by jesmond3945: 1:43am On Nov 11, 2022
This is a very interesting thread
Justwise frontpage please.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Gerrard59(m): 3:31am On Nov 11, 2022
pansophist:

I concur. I always say it here that leaving Nigeria should be for those that are poor. A life of dignity in your motherland, where the people look like you is far more soothing to the soul than living as an immigrant in a country where the population tolerates you and deeply does not want you there. With racism and co.

The best is to just get the nationality as a gateway to the world, then live in Nigeria. Thats better.

So, why have you not returned to Nigeria or relocated to a black-dominated country? Na this hypocrisy dey vex me. Person go siddon for abroad dey say "no place like home", "being around blacks is better", "don't come to the abroad", "abroad is lonely" yen yen yen. OK, return back to Nigeria or even Namibia? Mbanu! If you were in, say Botswana, one would say he is practising what he preaches but nooooooooo. You are in Europe!!!!!!!!! Were you not the one complaining that Namibia is too poor for your business to thrive? Don't you want to be around people who look like you?

BTW, have you not seen the level of tribalism being displayed by the so-called people who look like you? Check the front page and TwitterNG to see the love and light shared amongst people who look like you undecided . Also, this racism you people whine about is tiring at this point, considering you are in a prosperous place, whereas your so-called home is the world's poverty capital! The worst form of discrimination is when people who look like tell you to go back to your state whereas both persons are citizens of the country with the highest number of poor people in the world! I would rather have the Mayor of Tokyo tell me to leave Tokyo and return to Nigeria than stay in Lagos and have Obafemi Hamzat tell me to return to my state. Let someone who is rich tell me to leave his place than a fellow poor person do the same.

Until most of you in this section understand that simple economics dictate people's moves, you will keep creating mumbo-jumbo threads upandown. I recall a thread a black Brit lady did on Twitter whining about racism in the UK and looking for countries where blacks are not racially discriminated. Almost all of the suggestions were white dominated countries! No black person mentioned a black-dominated country for this lady and others who might be interested in moving to. Those who suggested African countries were white men obviously mocking blacks for not having a functioning and prosperous country to call theirs. So you see?! People would always put their economic interests FIRST when making a decision.

Again, if the abroad don tire una, book the next available flight to anywhere that is black-dominated, and while at that, let go of your Canadian/British/American/European citizenship.

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sokeril: 4:07am On Nov 11, 2022
Very interesting thread.
Having first hand experience about the UK from interactions with UK citizens on Twitter and the amount of their struggles and complaints(Nurses are even going on strike right now,same as railway workers) has been making me ask the question..
Why the hell are Nigerians still trooping to the UK with all these UK economic and financial crisis?
It is well sha.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IbeOkehie: 4:28am On Nov 11, 2022
Gerrard59:

So, why have you not returned to Nigeria or relocated to a black-dominated country? Na this hypocrisy dey vex me.

BTW, have you not seen the level of tribalism being displayed by the so-called people who look like you? Check the front page and TwitterNG to see the love and light shared amongst people who look like you

Tell them. I'll tell it like it is any day - there's far more prejudice, discrimination and bigotry in Nigeria than in any Anglo Nation like US, UK or Australia.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sihamey: 5:19am On Nov 11, 2022
Princesspreshus:

If I could travel to the UK to be a slave then I would
Isorite grin me I will never be a slave to a foreigner NEVER I have pass that level a long time, maybe you are just a leaner wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Gerrard59(m): 5:26am On Nov 11, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Tell them. I'll tell it like it is any day - there's far more prejudice, discrimination and bigotry in Nigeria than in any Anglo Nation like US, UK or Australia.

That is it. And even though one faces racial prejudice or slurs, I rather experience it in a prosperous place, not the world's poverty capital where they inhale generator fumes for a living.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Gerrard59(m): 5:32am On Nov 11, 2022
sokeril:
Very interesting thread.
Having first round experience about the UK from interactions with UK citizens on Twitter and the amount of their struggles and complaints(Nurses are even going on strike right now,same as railway workers) has been making me ask the question..
Why the hell are Nigerians still trooping to the UK with all these UK economic and financial crisis?
It is well sha.

What is an economic crisis to westerners is not the same to black Africans. Notwithstanding the economic woes, there are more jobs advertised on UK's LinkedIn than Nigeria's own. Apart from Nigeria and South Africa, I seriously doubt you would see recent jobs in other sub-Saharan African LinkedIns (assuming they it o). Ethiopia, some people were applauding, does not have one. In Bostwana, the most recent job posting is three weeks old. African countries populate the world's unemployment rankings.

But hey, bEtTeR tO sTaY iN a pLaCe wHeRe eVeRyOnE lOoKs lIKe yOu

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by jedisco(m): 5:50am On Nov 11, 2022
IbeOkehie:
The essence of this thread is something I've noticed among the upper class in Nigeria - they don't want other Nigerians to make it out to the UK, USA or other developed countries.
Talking to some of them, you can tell they would prohibit Nigerians from migrating if they could

The UK of today is as enjoyable as any other era. I know a few fresh doctors and nurses and also students and lower class workers who have made a higher standard of living for themselves than they would ever have in Nigeria. Some of them even work illegally.

Warren Buffett has said it plenty times and I know by experience, there's nothing that a rich man can enjoy in the West that a poor man can't get except private jet.

So this is what it has come to. � No wonder Nigeria is the way it is.

True... in the past, Nigerians in the UK saw themselves as 'elites'. These group get angry when they see regular folks migrating and doing well for themselves.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sihamey: 5:52am On Nov 11, 2022
Gerrard59:

That is it. And even though one faces racial prejudice or slurs, I rather experience it in a prosperous place, not the world's poverty capital where they inhale generator fumes for a living.
Poverty capital and yet the giant of Africa.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by jedisco(m): 5:54am On Nov 11, 2022
Shutupthere:

They do and most even leave with 20M and leave jobs that pay 500k plus for the UK . If they are focused they will be better off in 5 years there than they will be in Nigeria. If you have ever invested in a personal biz in naija you will know what it means to play Russian roulette with your hard earned savings

Good stuff...

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by TheEnforcer: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2022
sukkot:
. there used to be a time wheN the UK was very sweet. i would not even lie to you and that era was the pre- internet days. you see the beauty of the UK back theN was that

1--- the world was not yet commercialized. it was strictly about culture and fun aNd having a great time. nobody was worried about money or making lots of it because everything was cheap. and also back in those days you could find like five of us naija guys sharing a flat and it was just fun and party all throughout and like all of us were british citizens back then ( yeah those who used to come pre-internet were mostly british citizens ) so we used to get all kinds of benefits so we didnt really have bills lol. just party life

2--- also what made the UK sweet back then was because there was no internet to tell you what it looked like, so you enjoyed it so much more because its like you are stepping into a world that you have never experienced before. there were no pictures of what to expect and so it wasnt cheapened ( no see finish ). it was all a mystery. now everything is on the internet

3---the caliber of naijas in the uk back then was quality guys and girls. now na every tom dick and harry oooo lol

4----also the fact that the nigerian market was not open back then and so there was no uk goods in naija and so when we went to naija with our uk clothes everyone looked at us like celebrities. like peoppple would be admiring your uk baffs. of course today there is even no need to go to the uk because everything in the uk can be bought in nigeria now so that aspect of it has also being cheapened. like there are levis and nikes and every shop in the uk in any mall in naija now. like you can be in naija and baff better than someone in the uk now. and so there is no need to go to the uk again. Just buy your baffs in naija and flex

5------ like i said earlier the uk was not commercialised heavily back then but now its all about money. now they can even tax you for the air you breath if they can get away with it. its like the fun has been sucked out of the country and it is now all about survival

6 ----it has become overpopulated by immigrants from all over the world. its like that unique britishness has being lost.

AND SO BROTHER THE UK WAS ONCE A SWEET PLACE BUT ITS NOW A SHITTY PLACE. LOL. I NEED TO TURN THIS INTO A THREAD LOL AND SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BRO THERE IS NO POINT IN BEING IN THE UK AGAIN IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIVE WELL IN NAIJA BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IN NAIJA. EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE UK IS IN NAIJA EVEN KFC AND DOMINOS AND NIKE AND APPLE AND POSCHE AND SKETCHERS ETC ETC ETC . SO IF YOU CAN DEVISE A WAY TO EARN POUNDS IN NAIJA, ITS THE PLACE TO BE
Dont you have a job? Why are you posting everyday and creating threads every time about how people should not travel?why invest so much energy in this? Get a job man and leave people to do whatever works for them.you stay where you are and let them go wherever they wanna go.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by AnitaofEurope: 7:04am On Nov 11, 2022
Like it’s crazy
All hi see posts reeks of jealousy
Baba no see money take travel out
TheEnforcer:
Dont you have a job? Why are you posting everyday and creating threads every time about how people should not travel?why invest so much energy in this? Get a job man and leave people to do whatever works for them.you stay where you are and let them go wherever they wanna go.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by AnitaofEurope: 7:05am On Nov 11, 2022
Only in population

Aside that nah puppet for Africa
sihamey:

Poverty capital and yet the giant of Africa.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by AnitaofEurope: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2022
sihamey:

Isorite grin me I will never be a slave to a foreigner NEVER I have pass that level a long time, maybe you are just a leaner wink

Graduates that are earning 60k in Nigeria no be slave work be that
Registered nurse salary 25k
Hahahhahahha

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by AnitaofEurope: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2022
sokeril:
Very interesting thread.
Having first round experience about the UK from interactions with UK citizens on Twitter and the amount of their struggles and complaints(Nurses are even going on strike right now,same as railway workers) has been making me ask the question..
It is well sha.

Cos it’s is still better that youe shithole
Make una leave abroad people alone

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by AnitaofEurope: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2022
Since UK is bad
Why he never still come back to Nigeria
Hahahaha
Una mumu too much sha
sukkot:
yeah phrankleen is a top guy. a great cook too. i started watching him when he ran a food channel. i was learning how to cook. that guy can cook. then he discovered he got the gift of the gab and then transitioned to making these informative videos. yeah the UK has always been a tough place to live because its just a tiny island and so real estate is prime. it was always tough but its getting much much more tougher now and as you rightly said especially if you are a visible minority. a few will break through the glass ceiling but many will be caught and mired in the underbelly of british stagnation and poverty.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2022
TheEnforcer:
nah brah i dont have a JOB. JOB means JUST ABOVE BROKE. am a binness man grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet / Soldier Dragged By A Tipper Driver At Fadeyi, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97