Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,593 members, 7,847,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:14 PM

Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again (75480 Views)

Buhari Japa To The Uk Again! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by klbakare(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2022
1Sharon:

If they have that much money they may aswell start a business in Nigeria instead of hustling and being out of place in a foreign land.

That business is a gamble. You could loose money for useless reasons within days

5 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2022
1Sharon:
It's almost like the UK born black ppl are disappearing or being bred out and being replace by immigrants. Immigration is the highest its ever been in the UK.

Import the 3rd world become the 3rd word.

Only the rich and middle class Nigerians can enjoy Nigeria.

The poor desperate Nigerians are the ones saying japa

Why would a rich person leave Nigeria when he can afford to live with dignity.

If you are rich in Nigeria, why would you go and hustle to live in the West?

What is the this one saying?

You call someone that spent 20 million naira to travel out a poor person simply because he feels he is doing what is best for him and his loved ones?

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by mboma1: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2022
Very funny. This person seems elitist. Stay in nigeria.
sukkot:
There used to be a time wheN the UK was very sweet. i would not even lie to you and that era was the pre- internet days. you see the beauty of the UK back theN was that

1 The world was not yet commercialized. it was strictly about culture and fun aNd having a great time. nobody was worried about money or making lots of it because everything was cheap. and also back in those days you could find like five of us naija guys sharing a flat and it was just fun and party all throughout and like all of us were british citizens back then ( yeah those who used to come pre-internet were mostly british citizens ) so we used to get all kinds of benefits so we didnt really have bills lol. just party life

2 Also what made the UK sweet back then was because there was no internet to tell you what it looked like, so you enjoyed it so much more because its like you are stepping into a world that you have never experienced before. there were no pictures of what to expect and so it wasnt cheapened ( no see finish ). it was all a mystery. now everything is on the internet

3 The caliber of naijas in the uk back then was quality guys and girls. now na every tom dick and harry oooo lol

4 Also the fact that the nigerian market was not open back then and so there was no uk goods in naija and so when we went to naija with our uk clothes everyone looked at us like celebrities. like peoppple would be admiring your uk baffs. of course today there is even no need to go to the uk because everything in the uk can be bought in nigeria now so that aspect of it has also being cheapened. like there are levis and nikes and every shop in the uk in any mall in naija now. like you can be in naija and baff better than someone in the uk now. and so there is no need to go to the uk again. Just buy your baffs in naija and flex

5 Like i said earlier the uk was not commercialized heavily back then but now its all about money. now they can even tax you for the air you breath if they can get away with it. its like the fun has been sucked out of the country and it is now all about survival

6 It has become overpopulated by immigrants from all over the world. its like that unique britishness has being lost.

AND SO BROTHER THE UK WAS ONCE A SWEET PLACE BUT ITS NOW A SHITTY PLACE. LOL. I NEED TO TURN THIS INTO A THREAD LOL AND SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BRO THERE IS NO POINT IN BEING IN THE UK AGAIN IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIVE WELL IN NAIJA BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IN NAIJA. EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE UK IS IN NAIJA EVEN KFC AND DOMINOS AND NIKE AND APPLE AND POSCHE AND SKETCHERS ETC ETC ETC . SO IF YOU CAN DEVISE A WAY TO EARN POUNDS IN NAIJA, ITS THE PLACE TO BE

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IyaTola: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2022
Shutupthere:

They do and most even leave with 20M and leave jobs that pay 500k plus for the UK . If they are focused they will be better off in 5 years there than they will be in Nigeria. If you have ever invested in a personal biz in naija you will know what it means to play Russian roulette with your hard earned savings
Too may taxes
No light
poor infrastructures

5 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by dazzlingd(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
Shitty place because you can no longer use it to brag and oppress your fellow Nigerians. Because many Nigerians now have access to the place.
A very foolish op, calling UK shitt is not my business but the reasons u gave stinks of that black man mentality to oppress your neighbor.

I am sure iPhone is now shitty because average Nigerians now have one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
1Sharon:

If they have that much money they may aswell start a business in Nigeria instead of hustling and being out of place in a foreign land.

You are John Snow, you don't know anything about business.
Just limit your opinion to what you understand better.

You think running a business in Nigeria presently is child's play?

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by InvertedHammer: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
/
Life has no formula.

You don't have to live in UK. You don't have to live in Nigeria.

But by all means, make sure you acquire a passport of a developed nation if you can. It is very important as a Nigerian.

/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by pacificom: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
Look, nobody will think of leaving his family to
go to another man's land had it been that we have a responsible government who can create jobs for graduates and support young entrepreneur in such a way that Nigerians can earn decent living at home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by SIRTee15: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
nigga just cuz your brokesass earn 15k a month dont mean the average wage aint 300k a month. there are many people earning salaries of 5 million naira a month. these ones shore up the average to 300k. all these people japaing with 20 million naira who had executive jobs how much do you think they were earning ? some where earning 2 million naira a month before they gave it all up to japa. people dey earn good money for naija oooo. forget that thing
Calm down, nobody earning 5 million per month japa to UK. Most UK migrants are working class Nigerians who sold their assets or raise significant money to relocate. You preaching to the wrong people.
However, UK is still a good place for professionals like doctors and IT. They make good money, u can't convince those ones not to leave.
Finally, the world is now heavily globalised, the present migration pattern cannot be reversed. Too late for that. The matrix are in charge and that's what they want.
Hispanics are taking over America, Canada and Australia keeps bringing foreigners. Even prosperous middle East countries is flooded with foreigners.
By 2100, the main skin colour in western Europe will be light brown with a minority white skin. All this replacement theory can't hold shit.
Even Trump with all his MAGA and save America noise was thrashed in mid term elections. Now he's seen more as a burden than asset in republican party.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Kaycee54321(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
People who currently live abroad, telling others there's no point in migrating abroad is nothing short of witchcraft.

People living abroad and preaching to those living in a hell hole to escape reminds me of Plato's Allegory of the Cave....

If selling off properties & migrating is like playing Russian roulette, using all your money to run a business in Nigeria is like catching grenades with your bare hands...

10 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by IyaTola: 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2022
Sense will not kill you
pansophist:

I concur. I always say it here that leaving Nigeria should be for those that are poor. A life of dignity in your motherland, where the people look like you is far more soothing to the soul than living as an immigrant in a country where the population tolerates you and deeply does not want you there. With racism and co.

The best is to just get the nationality as a gateway to the world, then live in Nigeria. Thats better.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by BigBashiru: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
1Sharon:
It's almost like the UK born black ppl are disappearing or being bred out and being replace by immigrants. Immigration is the highest its ever been in the UK.

Import the 3rd world become the 3rd word.

Only the rich and middle class Nigerians can enjoy Nigeria.

The poor desperate Nigerians are the ones saying japa

Why would a rich person leave Nigeria when he can afford to live with dignity.

If you are rich in Nigeria, why would you go and hustle to live in the West?

Britain whites is the 3rd world
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Phraences: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
This thread don enter front page. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by udehazim: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
Na so the life be
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Kaycee54321(m): 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Wait till APC wins the next election, Nigeria will be like Somalia, Venezuela and Lebanon. Your CHALLENGE will be even bigger. Good Luck.

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Phraences: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
SIRTee15:

Calm down, nobody earning 5 million per month japa to UK. Most UK migrants are working class Nigerians who sold their assets or raise significant money to relocate. You preaching to the wrong people.
However, UK is still a good place for professionals like doctors and IT. They make good money, u can't convince those ones not to leave.
Finally, the world is now heavily globalised, the present migration pattern cannot be reversed. Too late for that. The matrix are in charge and that's what they want.
Hispanics are taking over America, Canada and Australia keeps bringing foreigners. Even prosperous middle East countries is flooded with foreigners.
B[b]y 2100, the main skin colour in western Europe will be light brown with a minority white skin.[/b] All this replacement theory can't hold shit.
Even Trump with all his MAGA and save America noise was thrashed in mid term elections. Now he's seen more as a burden than asset in republican party.

This is the simple truth. After a while people will adapt to different faces.. ... But people earning 5m and above are still leaving due to insecurity.
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by GUNITGuy: 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2022
Rewamii7735:
This post is selfish to some extent but i understand your point.

Uk don cast.

But no matter what it is still better than 9ja.

No light, no water, sub standard products, police misbehaviour, bad roads, insecurity the list is endless. Donald trump said it best shithole. Its a pity the shit is now being exported to the uk and co..

Don't mind that arrogant selfish op,,, I understand people like him ...The fact that UK is accessible to more Nigerians is his problem preventing him from displaying is rich UK clothes and shoes in Nigeria to respect since more people have a relative abroad now than ever ....why do abroad people like to live there but discourages people from coming

2 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by BigBashiru: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
Kaycee54321:
People who currently live abroad, telling others there's no point in migrating abroad is nothing short of witchcraft.

People living abroad and preaching to those living in a hell hole to escape reminds me of Plato's Allegory of the Cave....

If selling off properties & migrating is like playing Russian roulette, using all your money to run a business in Nigeria is like catching grenades with your bare hands...

You left all the African philosophers more learned than Plato and are quoting Plato....African philosophers are much better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by iamsolasoul(f): 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
That’s for you the most important reason is safety and security and freedom of movement. The transport system was well drawn out so it’s easier to move around and generally from Piccadilly Circus to Trucaderos a lot a child can do in terms of just sightseeing.

I would take a year in London easily if given the opportunity

Yes there’s racism but it’s black on black racism and someone will help genuinely not because they have a benefit later

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by damtem3264(m): 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
If all this your statements are to go by, nobody will go to the UK again... and that some people are not making it does not mean others will not make over there,,, biko just leave desperate Nigerians with dere decisions.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by florixi: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
i just they read comments and i dey laugh. grin even my little children of 4 and 6 years old know the different btw naija and uk and they never want to come back to naija. some us of migrated just because we want a better working system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by greypencils: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
pocohantas:
With the way the UK is fast becoming the 37th state in Nigeria, I knew it was only a matter of time before Nigerians in the UK divided themselves into classes. Old UK and New UK. I came to the UK when UK was UK.

But you are right about the clothes o, thinking of it now. There are way too many UK shoppers on IG and they sell at affordable rates. Even home appliances that we only saw in movies are now everywhere - na your money kill am. Coffee makers, garment steamers, vacuum cleaners, British bread, biscuits…etc.

Anyway, I am very pro-japa, but japa with sense and some self-esteem. I do not believe any country that has much to give you, would let you into her country easily in such numbers. Even you a Nigerian would freak out if you start seeing so many Togolese and Ghanaians on the streets. So why do you think they are happy seeing you everywhere? You think they are so nice? Lol! Please have a plan and do not get sucked into a vicious cycle.
Japa with sense and self- esteem. I feel you pocohantas.

3 Likes

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by LegalWolf: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
Rewamii7735:
This post is selfish to some extent but i understand your point.

Uk don cast.

But no matter what it is still better than 9ja.

No light, no water, sub standard products, police misbehaviour, bad roads, insecurity the list is endless. Donald trump said it best shithole. Its a pity the shit is now being exported to the uk and co..

In fact, I think the OP is selfish. His main point is number while the others are cover-up
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by WorkhardAgric: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
There is no place like home.
Land is cheap, work hard and make yourself comfortable here. I was happy when I watched this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4LOJShmVU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by BiGVEEN58(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:
There used to be a time wheN the UK was very sweet. i would not even lie to you and that era was the pre- internet days. you see the beauty of the UK back theN was that

1 The world was not yet commercialized. it was strictly about culture and fun aNd having a great time. nobody was worried about money or making lots of it because everything was cheap. and also back in those days you could find like five of us naija guys sharing a flat and it was just fun and party all throughout and like all of us were british citizens back then ( yeah those who used to come pre-internet were mostly british citizens ) so we used to get all kinds of benefits so we didnt really have bills lol. just party life

2 Also what made the UK sweet back then was because there was no internet to tell you what it looked like, so you enjoyed it so much more because its like you are stepping into a world that you have never experienced before. there were no pictures of what to expect and so it wasnt cheapened ( no see finish ). it was all a mystery. now everything is on the internet

3 The caliber of naijas in the uk back then was quality guys and girls. now na every tom dick and harry oooo lol

4 Also the fact that the nigerian market was not open back then and so there was no uk goods in naija and so when we went to naija with our uk clothes everyone looked at us like celebrities. like peoppple would be admiring your uk baffs. of course today there is even no need to go to the uk because everything in the uk can be bought in nigeria now so that aspect of it has also being cheapened. like there are levis and nikes and every shop in the uk in any mall in naija now. like you can be in naija and baff better than someone in the uk now. and so there is no need to go to the uk again. Just buy your baffs in naija and flex

5 Like i said earlier the uk was not commercialized heavily back then but now its all about money. now they can even tax you for the air you breath if they can get away with it. its like the fun has been sucked out of the country and it is now all about survival

6 It has become overpopulated by immigrants from all over the world. its like that unique britishness has being lost.

AND SO BROTHER THE UK WAS ONCE A SWEET PLACE BUT ITS NOW A SHITTY PLACE. LOL. I NEED TO TURN THIS INTO A THREAD LOL AND SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BRO THERE IS NO POINT IN BEING IN THE UK AGAIN IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIVE WELL IN NAIJA BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS IN NAIJA. EVERYTHING THAT IS IN THE UK IS IN NAIJA EVEN KFC AND DOMINOS AND NIKE AND APPLE AND POSCHE AND SKETCHERS ETC ETC ETC . SO IF YOU CAN DEVISE A WAY TO EARN POUNDS IN NAIJA, ITS THE PLACE TO BE

You said it all with the last line. JUST DEVISE A WAY TO EARN IN DOLLARS HERE IN NAIJA. IT BECOMES THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE IF YOU ARE WISE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Konjiboii: 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
May I add, there's no place like home, just having the rest of mind when walking along the road you are surrounded by like coloured folk is comforting somewhat, I could walk freely and take a seat by someone's gate and I won't worry about it in Nigeria while you can't do that elsewhere, I also as a matter of urgency wish the FG impose on every state to have a conservation for wildlife,this and festivals should be priority. There's no excitement anymore returning back to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by TheGift: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
sukkot:

Interesting Article:

As per Number 4: These days there are even people that come from the UK to Naija, to buy boxers, packet shirts and Toblerone chocolates to give Family and Friends, like it is straight from London. Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by Ikem11(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
Op e be like say you don finally see that una neighbor you think no fit reach your levels in UK.

Las Las UK no be your country no go Carry am for head . As d thing reach u e go reach others

Useless thread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by NiceMen: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
1Sharon:

lmao... it is always people who do not have that kind of money that talk like you... If they have that kind of money and decide to leave, don't you think they know something that you do not know? You think people who have even 100Millions are morons? In case you are not aware, it takes a certain kind of exposure to make that kind of money and with exposure comes foresight and knowledge that you are probably lacking. These guys have seen life beyond the bubble you live in.

You are talking about business when hundreds of businesses have shut down in Nigeria since this regime came on. Why are you guys like this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by sukkot: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
dazzlingd:
Shitty place because you can no longer use it to brag and oppress your fellow Nigerians. Because many Nigerians now have access to the place.
A very foolish op, calling UK shitt is not my business but the reasons u gave stinks of that black man mentality to oppress your neighbor.

I am sure iPhone is now shitty because average Nigerians now have one.
thats not the point. the point is everything in the UK is now in naija so whats the fascination ? plus you can travel to the uk from the comfort of your home in naija via youtube lol. so whats the fascination ? the mystery is dead. the place done cast
Re: Why There Is No Point Going To The Uk Again by namo77: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2022
pansophist:

I concur. I always say it here that leaving Nigeria should be for those that are poor. A life of dignity in your motherland, where the people look like you is far more soothing to the soul than living as an immigrant in a country where the population tolerates you and deeply does not want you there. With racism and co.

The best is to just get the nationality as a gateway to the world, then live in Nigeria. Thats better.

Lolzz

We Nigerians like deceiving ourselves

Which life of dignity? Insecurity, Killings, Kidnappings, Thefts, Yahoo… which dignity??

Living in Nigeria is a life of stress and uncertainty for most…

How many people are employed in Nigeria? How many businesses survive in Nigeria?

Can the minimum wage take care of a family?

The only people enjoying Nigeria are super rich criminals and politicians…

Racism abroad = Tribalism, Nepotism here, and it’s even worse. Are you aware an Indian immigrant is currently the prime minister of UK?
Have you seen the tribal wars in Nigeria?? Lolzz

No system works in Nigeria

Why do the rich you talk about go abroad for better healthcare services if Nigeria is OK

Nigeria can not be compared to UK in anyway, let’s not deceive ourselves

If anyone has the means and opportunity to go to the UK, they should take it immediately

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.