Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Ms Access User Accounts - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ms Access User Accounts (1288 Views)

I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here / Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access / I Need Different Expression In Ms Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ms Access User Accounts by Seabreez15(f): 6:35am On Aug 23, 2007
Hey y'all!

Here's hoping someone can help me out. So I'm working with Access 2007, and have just finished creating a program for someone (has tables, macros, forms, e.t.c). Now as many people will be using this little program, I created different user accounts at different levels with respective rights. i.e. admins and regular users, with only the former having rights to making changes.

My problem now is that I have just realized that these user accounts are only relative to my computer, and once I send the files to someone else, they are able to make all the changes they want without ever being prompted for a password.

So if you have experience working with Access, can you tell me how to create accounts that are not only valid on my computer?

Thanks!
S.
Re: Ms Access User Accounts by Bossman(m): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
As long as you understand the limitations of MS Access. This link should get you started. Bottom line, you need to create your user groups and any other security/protection via Ms Access itself.

http://www.msaccessblog..com/2006/11/create-msaccess-user-account.html

(1) (Reply)

Ms Sql Server / An Idea To Be Developed / Advanced Tic Tac Toe Online Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.