Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,514 members, 7,850,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

What Is Nigeria Turning Into? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nigeria Turning Into? (723 Views)

[GOOD NEWS] Nigeria Turning Forex Scarcity To Advantage / What Is The Possibility Of Nigeria Turning Into An Islamic Country? / What Is Nigeria Turning Into ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Nigeria Turning Into? by razznaija(f): 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2011
There are a lot of things that are WRONG in Nigeria, for example; a lot of people voted for GEJ but now they are now regretting it, we are yet to see changes in the country i think GEJ is just a weakling. Corruption is at an all time high, unemployment rate is high, we claim that we are the giant of Africa, yet we cannot even boast of 24hr electricity, we've had numerous corrupt leaders, looting government money to off shore accounts i won't be surprised if the government goes broke one day, no one can step up to the plate to say enough is enough people are scared because of the result, people have to travel outside the country to get good health care, over a 300.000 people are applying for visas everyday because they can't take it any more and everywhere you go there's no place where that you won't meet a Nigerian, they are even applying to places that i have never even heard of; i won't be surprised if there are Nigerians in Somalia, Iraq or even Afghanistan sometimes i would just wonder; like na wa oh is it that bad. You can only live comfortably in Nigeria if you are rich, the roads are a nightmare. When politicians are caught looting money they would stay in jail for less than a week for example; Bank-OLE we all know him and what he did, what are our leaders actually doing for us? would things be better if we start rioting like people are doing in north Africa? so that we can get a good president with a plan to turn the country around. GEJ is telling Nigerians in diaspora to come back home when there's no 24hr electricity, proper security, when you have a problem, you can't even contact the police, people in power are always harassing citizens e.g LASTMA and their wahala, to get to anywhere you need to have connections. I pray for my country everyday so that things would get better, i want to come back to Nigeria but i'm worried because i don't know how i'm going to get a job besides there are a lot of professionals that don't get paid a lot unless they work for an oil company, or a bank but doctors and nurses in Nigeria are paid chicken change compared to the ones abroad. It is only in Nigeria that you would see a mass communication graduate working at a bank, a senator earning more than the U.S president. I can go on and onĀ  but this one is enough for now. So please people, do you all agree that enough is enough? And what is Nigeria Turning into? because as for me am fed up with this.
Re: What Is Nigeria Turning Into? by Russialane(m): 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
my dear na so we see am na siddon look we dey now
Re: What Is Nigeria Turning Into? by SisiKill1: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
It's too late to cry over spilled milk, no?
Re: What Is Nigeria Turning Into? by heynew: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2011
It is turning into what you and me made it, but one last hope still hangs b/c we can still reshape it like our counterparts in other parts of theworld

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers Flout Nba's Directive, Attend Investiture Of 30 New Sans / September 11 Style Plane Attack A Possible Boko Haram Threat / Delta State Govt Condemns Doctors' Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.