Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' (2804 Views)

How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / Why I Quit My High Flying Finance Job In London And Moved Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by Seye(m): 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2006
Is there anyone on this forum who has read the book “Who moved My Cheese”
Its am amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work And in Your Life
By Dr. Spencer Johnson

The book’s short summary:

Cheese
Cheese is a metaphor for what you want to have in life – whether it is a good job, a loving relationship, money, or spiritual peace of mind. Cheese is what we think will make us happy, and when circumstances take it away, different people deal with change in different ways. Four characters in this delightful parable represent parts of ourselves whenever we are confronted with change.

The Maze
Four characters live in a maze and look for cheese to nourish them and make them happy.
The maze is where you spend time looking for what you want.
It may be the organization you work in, the relationships you have in your life, or the community you live in.

Two of the characters named Sniff and Scurry are mice. They represent parts of us that are simple and instinctive.
Hem and Haw are the little people, representing those complex parts of us as human beings.
Sometimes we are like Sniff, who anticipates change early by sniffing it out, or Scurry, who quickly scurries into action and adapts.
Maybe we are more like Hem, who denies change and resists it out of fear, or Haw, who learns to adapt in time when he sees something better.
Recently the book was circulated in my office for everyone to read and the effect this change is having in my organization is just amazing. It’s a must read for everyone.
If you’ve read it, share with us how the book has transform your life, and the character you think you fit most in the book. As for me I think I’m more of a haw.
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by chy(f): 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2006
i ve read the book seun it really
changed m perception of certain things esp. in m career
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by otolorin(m): 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2006
it was one book too inspiring, it triggered the flare for changes in my life.
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by favourwal(f): 9:55pm On May 26, 2006
Lovely book.

I think every person should read it.
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by valmeji(f): 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2006
i have also read that book and i think it is a must read especially for our parents and the young ones in the ministry who have become though are unhappy with thier present  situation are afraid to go out there to the unknown.
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by Seun(m): 12:31am On Jun 17, 2006
Where can we get it in Lagos?
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by Seye(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2006
You can get a copy on a Hold Up anywhere in Lagos. The hard cover goes for about N.1000
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by forgiven(m): 5:35am On Oct 03, 2006
Is there no book store where one can get it in Lagos? I don't stay in Lagos but pass through occasionally. Please where in lagos can I get it other than on the street? I've been looking for this book for a while. I've been to all the stores I know in PH.
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by Seye(m): 8:25am On Oct 03, 2006
Visit The Decross Bookstore in Shomolu.
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by freelance(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2006
Its a very lovely book.It could change your mindset about certain issues. I have a powerpoint presentation of the book, that we used for a seminar sometime ago.
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by forgiven(m): 1:39am On Oct 04, 2006
Seye:

Visit The Decross Bookstore in Shomolu.
thanks. i will check it when next i am in lagos.
freelance:

Its a very lovely book.It could change your mindset about certain issues. I have a powerpoint presentation of the book, that we used for a seminar sometime ago.
pls post the pp presentation as an attachement. guess it will help pending the time i lay my hands on the book. thanks
Re: Book Review: 'Who Moved My Cheese?' by segedoo(m): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2006
yeah great book.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 Business Survival Pack / Registration For Common Entrance Examination Into Lagos State Model Colleges / Procurement Officer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.