Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (27483 Views)

Can You Hold A First Class Degree And Be Jobless? / Four Million Nigerians Became Jobless In 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics / 4.58million Nigerians Became Jobless In Buhari's Administation - NBS Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 6:51am On Sep 19, 2015
This is the 2nd week of September, 2015 and it's no surprise that we are already in the 9th month of the year, despite the fact it's not been long that we kicked off the new year, seemingly. I will want to say its just an indication that time waits for no one. If you want to be anyway different from who you were in the previous years, then you also have to do things differently to change your status.

Life has been fair to me this year I must say despite the fact that it started on a very dull note. It looked initially like it wasn't going to be the best year so far as things didn't pick up in time, promises weren't fullfiled, friends deserted, little to expend and the struggle was really hard.

I have always been a strong -willed individual, always pushing, striving and acting so hard to get the best out of my life. But the beginning of this year started in such a manner that anything I did, I needed to input more effort to keep relevant. I persisted despite the setback and hitches and it paid off eventually.

I have only been able to develop myself in blogging. My writing skills, though not perfect yet, is what I have utilised to change my life for the better. I can remember trying to get people to train in blogging for a fee. But I had no laptop, that wasn't an excuse because it didn't remove the fact that I have the knowledge, there were quite other alternative training media, which I generously utilised to impact knowledge on my trainees.

No one would believe I had no internet enabled phone as at February, after I had to sell my blackberry Bold4, I resorted to just a simple phone that will just keep my communication alive. I had a bicycle I bought sometimes around 2014 and since I didn't have much time to ride and the kids in my apartment had turned it into a regular patient at the repairer's home. I put it up for sale, but no one was buying, so I eventually exchanged it with an internet phone a kid was willing to drop, a Tecno P5.

It was the beginning of financial turn around for me. The kid got what he needed to show off among friends, I got my Visa to a flourishing 2015.

...To be continued.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 6:52am On Sep 19, 2015
I immediately swung into action and kicked off my blogging training. I used a friend's laptop to set up my training blog www.teamcrea8.com , then began massive publicity on facebook. I wasn't surprised at the way people turned up for the training. People need additional skills and income. I would simply send my eBOOKS to trainees and after they have studied, I invite them to my training platform, where I expose them to the practical and money making aspects of blogging.

I ran this training from March to July constantly, every weekend and I never for once set my eyes on my trainees and no one ever complained about poor delivery afterwards. And if you can still remember, I used a Tecno P5 to run the training.

In June I got a Tecno 8H tab from the proceeds of the training. It's an 8" Android tab that made my work easier and allowed me to go into other aspects of blogging. In July I got my Personal Laptop and ever since then, I have remained more relevant in the blogosphere. Gotten noticed by Premium Nigerian bloggers, such as JideTheblogger of OgbongeBlog, Owolabi of Oworock, Bukunmi of Sobolation and quite a number of them.

Since then my income has never been less than N50,000 monthly in blogging activities and that was before I got my laptop. Immediately I got the laptop, I was able to do more research as it is what I know to do best and as God will favour me, jobs begin to pour in through blog administration, blog building and designing. I worked with quite some notable people as Ify Onyegbule of Radio Port-Harcourt, Bunmi Fadahunsi of Rock City FM, Femi of GistMedia and to crown it all, an Italian information marketer got in touch and we striked a deal. It has been wonderful.

But just yesterday I got a direct cash delivery of £250 from one of my clients in Europe for a weeks job. And that has made my SEPTEMBER income double what I have been earning previously and if you will know, I don't have the almighty Adsense on my blog. I utilise the skills God has blessed me with, which is writing. You won't be surprised if I told you I studied Animal Breeding and Genetics at the Federal University of Agriculture, ABEOKUTA, Nigeria. I have never worked in the Agro-allied industry.

SOURCE: www.wenogetjob.com

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 6:53am On Sep 19, 2015
WHAT A SEPTEMBER TO REMEMBER

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 19, 2015
Wow congrats dear. Greater Heights to attain I pray for you.

4 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Terry68: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2015
Motivational to any aspiring blogger. I so love the way you utilise your knowledge into monetary proceed.

Am so sure you didn't continue this on your own as working alone can be so frustrating.

I applaud your steadfastness.

Congrats!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 10:15am On Sep 19, 2015
Terry68:
Motivational to any aspiring blogger. I so love the way you utilise your knowledge into monetary proceed.

Am so sure you didn't continue this on your own as working alone can be so frustrating.

I applaud your steadfastness.

Congrats!

You are so much right, I don't work alone.. I create contents and have guys doing the publicity for me.

Thanks for the good words

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Mobebi(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2015
Guy, how can I get in touch with you?

I have a good writing and editing skill and I don tire to de apply for jobs jare...

my email is
isenena@yahoo.com
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Benjom(m): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2015
Great piece to read. Hope this inspires many into taking action. There are jobs every where. Just discover that innate ability in you and launch it.

My story was an inspiring one too. Years back, I wanted to rewrite the best CV ever because it was time for me to change job. Shockingly, I packaged something befitting and I started receiving invites. Friends started asking me to do the same for them which also brought positive results. I settled down with my new job but something kept telling me that this could be an avenue of helping people deficient in this area of CV writing and thereby indirectly making some money. With time, I started making more than what I earn as monthly salary and that prompted me to open a website. Ever since then, I have been financially independent. Although I have added other streams of income but one thing is still outstanding....my wanting to meet a crucial need of rewriting my CV launched me to the path I should have embraced immediately I graduated from the university. Just discover yourself.

View some unique CV samples:
http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/cv-samples/

CV or Cover Letter rewrite?
http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/cv-rewrite/

You may also read my post on how to write a catchy CV or Cover Letter:
http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/how-to-quickly-write-a-catchy-cv/
http://www.benjommediaoutfit.com/how-to-write-a-catchy-cover-letter/
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by MrKIZITO(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
God has been good to me all this months from Jan till date. Blogging is the best job in the word. I advise every young active person to blog. I make good living from it. Some times i make around 60k to 85 thousand a month by just selling my super E-books, writing business plan and selling softwares. Instead of traveling from Port Harcourt to Abuja, Lagos to Enugu, Kaduna to Calabar every month for one silly job interview, save the money and open a blog. I can still remember d day i made 15k just by writing a business plan. Just like the op said. I also started blogging with a mobile phone. Am giving all thanks to God for his love and mercy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
Some guys have been getting in touch with me to write for me on some selected topics...

I will like to highlight that the available jobs are limited and the pay is just $2 /article.

and articles are Strictly targeted at the Nigerian markets in these areas :

* business articles

* tech articles

The pay is low, but yoy won't get less than 10 articles.

LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE THOUGH
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by fxbot: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:

agunbiadesanya@gmail.com

I NEED A WRITER ON SOME SELECTED TOPICS URGENTLY

CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR MY NUMBER
what where you actually selling through your blog? What where people paying you for? I don't see any of that in your write up!

4 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
what where you actually selling through your blog? What where people paying you for? I don't see any of that in your write up!
then read the write up again , Nigerians need to know the kind of questions they ask. you checked my blog, does it look like those writings wrote themselves?

If you ready to contact me, do that tonight and get to know what you will be writing about... Contact me just tonight.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by fxbot: 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:
then read the write up again , Nigerians need to know the kind of questions they ask. you checked my blog, does it look like those writings wrote themselves?

If you ready to contact me, do that tonight and get to know what you will be writing about... Contact me just tonight.
Dude calm the fork down. I know you don't like the question and I am not surprised.

I was inspired no doubt and I am starting mine soon. cheesy.

Instant Lecture dot com

By the way, there seem to be something wrong with your website.

The theme and and some sort of code overlapping. Get it fixed. I mean the first one with 8 in it.

Adios

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by BillDesmond2much(m): 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
..make we no hear una story later o. make me no see posts like "How i was duped on Nairaland". "Pics, my ordeal in the hands of a fake blogger/writer on Nairaland".
As una no tell us before una dey give and dey collect jobs, weda e pay or nt abeg we no wan hear o

4 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by MadCow1: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
Amen
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Dottore: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
God bless our legit hustlings

1 Like

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Lordtrillion(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
Congrats
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by medycash: 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
smiley Amen
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by zangiff(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
blogging is real
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damton(m): 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
That was an inspiring piece as a Matter of fact.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by SammieLowkey(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Onye oge ya ruru..
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by initialize(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Congrats OP

I read your first blogpost here about a girl on your street you invited to a bar and she brought her friend along despite knowing "you no get job". Good to know you're gainfully employed now and already earning in foreign currency.

If more youths take advantage of the opportunities available here on NL we will have less unemployed stories.

Some of us haven't find time to share our testimonies about how Nairaland has moved us from unemployed graduate to employers of labour in just few years of a start-up Biz. I have my clique, all nairalanders that have lots of success story to share just like this OP.

In all, thanks to Seun for creating Nairaland

And my Youngest Boss: Ymodulus (Forever Young)

.....::::::All Glory to God:::::::......

I'm init

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
undecided
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
God lifts up the poor from the dunghill! promotion comes from God.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by orimion(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
I couldnt care less about this topic
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by CuteTj(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hope you are not among the bloggers that only know how to carry false news and rumour without any creative and educative piece.......

God bless your efforts.
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:
people that end up making nothing in blogging start this way

Adieu

I really can't say if this dude is real, he seems to be a novice, foams at slight criticism and stuffs.

You said he doesn't do almighty Google AdSense but this www.teamcrea8.com (is actually showing your broken AdSense code => (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); is made from Blogger/.com (exclusively owned by Google). The site is only enjoying the new grace of *removing* the . .com recently introduced by google herself.

Your story seems to be a very good success, but Nigerians are not daft. Be more tolerant and smart while doing a sponsored advertisement.

5 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by damiloladuke: 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
Dude calm the fork down. I know you don't like the question and I am not surprised.

I was inspired no doubt and I am starting mine soon. cheesy.

Instant Lecture dot com

By the way, there seem to be something wrong with your website.

The theme and and some sort of code overlapping. Get it fixed. I mean the first one with 8 in it.

Adios
people that end up making nothing in blogging start this way

Adieu

3 Likes

Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
To all upcoming Artists(i-
Promote Context).....www.blissblaze.com/2015/09/to-all-upcoming-artistsi-promote.html?m=0
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
damiloladuke:

agunbiadesanya@gmail.com

I NEED A WRITER ON SOME SELECTED TOPICS URGENTLY

CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR MY NUMBER
I'm a good writer too any job for me?
Re: How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian by mn09abk: 8:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
Clicked om ur site its say harmful
damiloladuke:
I immediately swung into action and kicked off my blogging training. I used a friend's laptop to set up my training blog www.teamcrea8.com , then began massive publicity on facebook. I wasn't surprised at the way people turned up for the training. People need additional skills and income. I would simply send my eBOOKS to trainees and after they have studied, I invite them to my training platform, where I expose them to the practical and money making aspects of blogging.

I ran this training from March to July constantly, every weekend and I never for once set my eyes on my trainees and no one ever complained about poor delivery afterwards. And if you can still remember, I used a Tecno P5 to run the training.

In June I got a Tecno 8H tab from the proceeds of the training. It's an 8" Android tab that made my work easier and allowed me to go into other aspects of blogging. In July I got my Personal Laptop and ever since then, I have remained more relevant in the blogosphere. Gotten noticed by Premium Nigerian bloggers, such as JideTheblogger of OgbongeBlog, Owolabi of Oworock, Bukunmi of Sobolation and quite a number of them.

Since then my income has never been less than N50,000 monthly in blogging activities and that was before I got my laptop. Immediately I got the laptop, I was able to do more research as it is what I know to do best and as God will favour me, jobs begin to pour in through blog administration, blog building and designing. I worked with quite some notable people as Ify Onyegbule of Radio Port-Harcourt, Bunmi Fadahunsi of Rock City FM, Femi of GistMedia and to crown it all, an Italian information marketer got in touch and we striked a deal. It has been wonderful.

But just yesterday I got a direct cash delivery of £250 from one of my clients in Europe for a weeks job. And that has made my SEPTEMBER income double what I have been earning previously and if you will know, I don't have the almighty Adsense on my blog. I utilise the skills God has blessed me with, which is writing. You won't be surprised if I told you I studied Animal Breeding and Genetics at the Federal University of Agriculture, ABEOKUTA, Nigeria. I have never worked in the Agro-allied industry.

SOURCE: www.wenogetjob.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.