Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,281 members, 7,846,283 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me (53675 Views)

Ronaldo: Manchester United Forward Apologises After Phone Footage Emerges / Ronaldo (manchester United) Vs Ronaldo (real Madrid) / NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sanchez01:

Well, most football fans these days don’t even get to see Cantona and Keane play. They probably started from the time of Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo trio upfront.
My brother, they would not understand. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by wealthpreach(m): 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:

You are deviating...
I have some disrespect for the Coach because he does not show me respect. (unless the performance is what is hidden there).

'Respect' is that they shouldn't sub you? They shouldn't bench you? He is a striker/winger he can be done without when compared with a playmaker.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2022
angelfallz:
You are right. But at that time, Wayne Rooney was at the top of his game. The CR7 of today, is a shadow of his former self.

https://africa.espn.com/football/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4802793/cristiano-ronaldos-last-desperate-bid-for-man-united-exit

That's why Rooney's case was worse.
Rooney said United lacked ambition... Allowed Ronaldo and Tevez leave without replacements.

Gary Neville once narrated how they felt disappointed when Rooney told them in the dressing room he was leaving for City.

Rooney submitted his transfer request and publicly asked SAF to let him leave. It was a public spectacle.

Rooney even refused to play in Ferguson's last game at OT (in May 2013) because his transfer request to City wasn't granted.

Rooney even asked his name be removed from the squad list Against Swansea.

So?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
wealthpreach:
'Respect' is that they shouldn't sub you? They shouldn't bench you? He is a striker/winger he can be done without when compared with a playmaker.
Will it be the first time Ronaldo will be subbed?
Do you know how many times he was subbed under Zidane when he was still more active than now?

What about Sarri @ Juve?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by wealthpreach(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:

Will it be the first time Ronaldo will be subbed?
Do you know how many times he was subbed under Zidane when he was still more active than now?

What about Sarri @ Juve?

Look at his reaction to being subed or not played. He even walked away from the pitch like? Neymar eats bench like say.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by wealthpreach(m): 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:
Rooney said United lacked ambition... Allowed Ronaldo and Tevez leave without replacements.

Gary Neville once narrated how they felt disappointed when Rooney told them in the dressing room he was leaving for City.

Rooney submitted his transfer request and publicly asked SAF to let him leave. It was a public spectacle.

Rooney even refused to play in Ferguson's last game at OT (in May 2013) because his transfer request to City wasn't granted.

So?

The only answer you need is Ronaldo's performance in any club he goes to from January.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
wealthpreach:
Look at his reaction to being subed or not played. He even walked away from the pitch like? Neymar eats bench like say.
Hahaha, Ronaldo's reaction on been subbed hasn't changed.

One month to the defence of their UCL in 2009 United were beating City courtesy of 2 Tevez' goals when Ronaldo was subbed, he was on 17 or 18 (can't remember) and was chasing Anelka. He huffed and puffed then threw away his tracksuit against a SAF.

When Zidane substituted him against Las Palmas, he did same. It has become traditional with Ronaldo.

We always saw Messi's looks whenever Poch took him out, obviously unhappy. If you think the way a Coach manages Ronaldo or Messi is the same way he manages Maguire, then it's not going to work.

What exactly was Ten Hag's plan bringing him in the 84th minute? To defend the goal or what?

Please!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
wealthpreach:
The only answer you need is Ronaldo's performance in any club he goes to from January.
Yes, especially at top level. However, we respect what he has done for football, that will never change.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Angelfrost(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
Trojan8:
How did I end up sharing fanbase with these kind of fans?

Liverpool went through 30 years without any EPL trophy, can't remember any time something like this happened. Which club hasn't gone through period of crisis? If you feel its OK to criticize your employer while also collecting 500k every week is good, then you need your brain checked.

The most stupid of the lots are those saying football would forget Haag but would always remember Ronaldo. How senseless can you get? A player disrespected his manager countless times, yet claims he's not being respected. I would probably have to quit this club if Ronaldo remains.

Same savior Ronaldo was playing last season, but then he didn't remember that everything was the same since he was 20. Now he's not playing and he's suddenly a historian. I blame OGS for bringing him back in the first instance.

You are one of the few fans with sense... Your maturity is obvious.

These other fans clearly started watching football after Ronaldo's first season at Man United... Never mind them.

They are bereft of logic and objectivity. Bunch of kids!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by DLivingAncestor: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
My own be when will Oga Mutiu (John Murthough) call Ronaldo and tear his contract papers right in his face and show him the exit doors cos NOBODY, NO FAWQING BODY IS BIGGER THAN MY DARLING MANCHESTER UNITED

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Angelfrost(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ray07:
He even fake sickness cuz he wasn't included in the lineup against Fulham. grin
Heard Sancho is also faking sickness. grin

These players don see pension home.

When I saw that 'Sickness' thing, I just couldn't help but laugh! grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Angelfrost(m): 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sanchez01:

You realize that you can be too overqualified for a role and too good for a company right?

...And still stay back there collecting fat paychecks while disrespecting the company whenever you like?!!

Please, name at least one top company in Nigeria or abroad that such nonsense happens! I will wait.

There's something called Contract, and another called SOP! Go and read them up!

Many of you just misyarn and become dishonest when it comes to your idol! No objectivity whatsoever.

Okay, Ronaldo is bigger than United... He is even bigger than Bayern, Napoli, City, Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, etc... Let's all see that HUMONGOUS club that will be worthy to sign and pay him come next year. E no far again! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by OJEEMAH(m): 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sanchez01:

You realize that you can be too overqualified for a role and too good for a company right?
if you are overqualified or too good for a coy, it’s better to start up yours.

I still insist on my initial point.

No player is bigger than a club. Ronaldo is not, was never and can’t ever be bigger than Man United.

Do you realize we are talking about Manchester United here?

they are still one of the biggest club in the world alongside Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Milan and a few others.

I am an Arsenal fan and I don’t like Man United grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by OJEEMAH(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2022
Gangster1ms:

Are you a man utd fan?
Not a Man United fan ooh and as a matter of fact, I don’t like Man U.

Fully blooded gunners!!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by dfrost: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
Sanchez01:

Obviously. A global enigma is in the eye of the storm here. You obviously won’t catch me on a Manchester United football thread for a reason.

More like he wants the world at his feet, init? Kolework cheesy grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by dfrost: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
OJEEMAH:
if you are overqualified or too good for a coy, it’s better to start up yours.

I still insist on my initial point.

No player is bigger than a club. Ronaldo is not, was never and can’t ever be bigger than Man United.

Do you realize we are talking about Manchester United here?

they are still one of the biggest club in the world alongside Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Milan and a few others.

I am an Arsenal fan and I don’t like Man United grin

Same thing I told Sanchez01. My worthy rival cheesy grin I salute you. Una hand go touch that shiny thing this season? Actually rooting for you guys, our noisy neighbors have tormented the hell outta us angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by dfrost: 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

You are one of the few fans with sense... Your maturity is obvious.

These other fans clearly started watching football after Ronaldo's first season at Man United... Never mind them.

They are bereft of logic and objectivity. Bunch of kids!

This rubbish started when most plastic fans starting following him up and down each club he went to cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by angelfallz(m): 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2022
There is nothing I would say that would convince you otherwise, so, there is no point in trying.
fergie001:

So?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by fergie001: 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
angelfallz:
There is nothing I would say that would convince you otherwise, so, there is no point in trying.
Well, let's just leave it like this. There is enough blame to go round. Ronaldo, Ten Hag & especially the Club.

Nothing surprises me anymore.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by dfrost: 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ooh at Sanchez01, I watched Keane and Eric Cantona play. They were everything but not arrogant towards their employer. I remember a match that Cantona kicked a Palace fan in the stands. Crazy and wild, but not arrogant to the club.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by OJEEMAH(m): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2022
dfrost:

Same thing I told Sanchez01. My worthy rival cheesy grin I salute you. Una hand go touch that shiny thing this season? Actually rooting for you guys, our noisy neighbors have tormented the hell outta us angry
Thanks my brother.

If no injuries & suspension, arsenal go dodge almost all the hands wey suppose touch us like Leceister City been so that yeargrin grin

It will be good, if we can atleast maintain a draw against City(home & away).

Make una no worry, we go silent una neighbors but our neighbors(Tottenham) no go like am grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by meedoLock(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
Kyase:
What’s wrong with CR7

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20415285/ronaldo-piers-morgan-interview-man-united-betrayal/

Honestly, irrespective of ur view on this issue, you will never be morally and cooperately right if you think Ronaldo has done well. As ageing United fans, as a pro-Ronaldo fans, throughout his stay in Madrid, Juv and back at United, I've always idolised him until these his recent misconducts and unprofessionalism towards the club at large, his head coach, his team mate and to the fans globally.

I mean is he dreaming of the whole world at his feet? What trait would not imply betrayal? He wants a "must-play" tag even if he's out of form?. This is his own creation, a player who refused to be part of any pre-season matches, a player who had in more than one cases demeaned the coach by rudely leaving the field before final whistle while the while world was watching?
The truth of the matter is that, the reverse is the case. It is Ronaldo who had betrayed Manchester United and everyone attach to the club. He let the fans down and I'm not sure such a figure should be celebrated. It obviously a show of shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by unmask: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
you're just a Ronaldo hater nothing more.

Messi had issues with Barcelona president when he saw the project is becoming directionless and unambitious.
you don't expect top players to stay in a club that can't guarantee them the success they deserved and desired.
Messi wanted out twice or so but was blocked.

You guys should talk football with sense and not bias mind.

Messi had a burst up with Comebol and he trashed the tournament so badly.
they shamelessly got a flimsy excuse to schedule and another one the following year just to give him a chance of international trophy before retirement.

my point here is that such things are common in top players.
Ronaldo won't have had issues with Pep because Pep has been successful before him so he'll see the project and respect the project because it's successful and has future that can benefit him.
no top player will be happy playing with the likes of maguire week in week out.
your team mates matters in your morale and success.
Ronaldo's angst is not that there is no project, he is angry that he is being benched. Know the difference.

If there was a problem with the project before, there is a "semblance" of sanity now and that is the time he realized he was being disrespected. Please say something else.

Messi's situation was way different. He was genuinely complaining about how the club was run, which was visible for all to see. CR7 on the other hand is complaining of how the club "disrespected" him and masking it under obsolete equipment. Imagine complaining that the pool you met before is still what is there. Is that how you change swimming pools? Or the Chefs are still the same.

Not to mention the times he left the stadium while his team was playing or when he refused to come on as a sub.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Shampoo77: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
What is he talking about? A player that can no longer score a simple tap in is talking about betrayer?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by angelEmade: 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
jaxxy:

If the manager disrespect the player, labels him all sorts I don't think that player should stay any further or respect the team or coach.

it's not about being bigger than the team it's about respecting ur players as they deserve rather than belittling them for no reason.

imagine letting other newbie players who are fumbling disrespect Ronaldo who has been carrying the team since he came? That's the height of insults. I never saw Chelsea do that to John Terry and Liverpool do that to Gerrard.

There are things u just don't do. Manu has shown complete ignorance and arrogance since sir Alex left.

Ronaldo should go to Chelsea or another English club. I want to check smtn.
Carry the team my foot! Before he came where was man u on the table? After he came how far?? How many goal has he scored this season? How many of them are non penalty goals? How many assists does he have this season? How do you expect the coach to be fielding a player who refused to come for pre-season trainings, not fit,can't perform...etc..
He just stays up there (in Portugal too) waiting for one silly assists...whereas there are players in his position that can fall back well and defend.
He is a legend no doubt. His records are there. But man is old, he lost a child and I think he has another sick child. Sure these are good excuses and that is why he should calm down for a while and let these things not affect his career. These coaches are professionals and they know when ur good and when ur not.
He will be a coach one day too
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
fergie001:
Well, there are things we don't know happen behind the scenes.

United will move on and Ronaldo's legacies will not be defined by this. This interview must have been done a long time ago but released now on purpose. It only means one thing:

Like the 2018 World Cup, he is not coming back from Qatar as a Man United player. Jorge Mendes must have done his thing!

Thank you United
God Bless Ronaldo.
God Bless Man United.
God Bless Us All.

Allowing sentiments to becloud your sense of judgment just because you like someone is absurd.

The interview was as recent as when his girl was sick, mentioned her name, Secondly, check the date on The Sun newspaper and the tweet.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by angelEmade: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2022
IMMUNO1:
Ronaldo should not have opted to leave cos he wants to play the in the Champion's league. That's the height of selfishness and insensitivity.
No one will ever respect a player that does this. He deserves what the club is giving to him

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by angelEmade: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
greypencils:
No he won't. This is a man instrumental in bringing the last UCL title ever won. This is a man who was the top scorer last season in the club with 24goals. If he has has had a slump this season, it is because he has been in a wrong place mentally and that is the reason for this interview. He has to clear his head. Only then can he concentrate on football. Ronaldo has never been the problem. Maguire and McFred was the problem last season. This season, Ronaldo isn't motivated. A motivated Ronaldo would move mountains. Every Manchester United fan knows that.
If you can't blame Ronaldo then pls don't blame anyone. We can as well say Maguire was in the wrong place mentally last season too...stop being too partial about this. Ronaldo is not your god.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Penguin2: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
Angelfrost:

This is exactly my issue with many of you...

How do know the coach hasn't done all that?!!

He trains these guys weekly... He knows more about their abilities than you all do or will ever do!

It's easy to point and condemn from the sidelines, but wearing the coaching crown is always harder than it looks.

Wan Bissaka had all the time and opportunity to step up and show his worth for 2 straight seasons, what did he do?!! How well did he fare?!!

Ten Hag has a huge and daunting task ahead of him... He needs to get the very best out of what is on ground. If any player can't hack it, he must be axed!

Ten Hag is even nice honestly... Mourinho and Guardiola would have axed half of that useless squad!... Ole's Mr. Nice Guy was what cost him his job!

But were you used to watching Wan Bissaka to see his tackles and blockings?

Wan Bissaka’s weakness is poor crossing which I feel can be worked and shouldn’t deny him a place in the squad; at least until he leaves.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by greypencils: 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
Trojan8:

I have been supporting United before you even know what football is.

One thing that I won't do is put a player above my club. Let's even assume Ronaldo is still a top player, how long is he going to stay that I would drag my club for him?
You are speaking to your football Dad here. Don't assume you know me. I am not trading words with you over this. Face front. Monday Afternoon.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by Angelfrost(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
Penguin2:

But were you used to watching Wan Bissaka to see his tackles and blockings?

Wan Bissaka’s weakness is poor crossing which I feel can be worked and shouldn’t deny him a place in the squad; at least until he leaves.

You are right... But, what if the coach has tried and yet failed to get the best out of him??!

A lot goes on behind the scenes.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo -Manchester United have betrayed me by angelEmade: 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2022
greypencils:
I guess his 24 goals last season came out of thin air. You are neither a Man United fan nor Ronaldo fan so I am actually wasting my time replying you. I won't be making further comments.
Scoring 100 goals is nothing if you are not beneficial to the team in terms of teamwork. Your 24 goals can be nothing if u are self centered. As you can see man u couldn't finish 2nd last season as compared to the previous season before Ronaldo's arrival.
11 goals from five team members is better than 50 goals from one single player!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Wings Of African Pride: FIFA Releases World Cup Slogans For Super Eagles, Others / Portion Of Stephen Keshi Stadium Collapses In Asaba,Cars Destroyed. Photos / Chichi Igbo Shares Pic Of Her Nude Bod In Just Panties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.