Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) (13801 Views)

The Origin of Na.kedness / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 25, 2011
Seriously though, Zeus created the universe.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2011
I for one have NEVER believed that the earth is 6000 years OLD! That's just PREPOSTEROUS! I agree with the Scientific Age of the EARTH!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by snthesis(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2011
"a fool says in his/her heart there is no God"

i wonder if ppl really understand what it takes to take a breathe of air and exhale.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2011
@harakiri

Sorry to say, but if you have not read the holy book, well enough, you know nothing! And in the end, looking from how much you don't know(cos u keep saying that), it is obvious that what they say is  true, ignorance is bliss!! shocked
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 25, 2011
SCIENTISTS SHOULD PLEASE READ JOB 26:7 &  ISAIAH 40:22

NOT ALL RELIGIOUS PERSONS ARE DUMB! But how would you know, when you choose to be MYOPIC & look at the world thru your toilet window only?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2011
@evil brain

You know, i haven't seen in my days a bigger dullard than that bloke that called himself Charles Darwin! Yes there are "proofs" of evolution, the fact remains that it is still LARGELY flawed! If i start with the extensive research i used to do i could lose my job, cos it'll take me the whole day!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2011
@snthesis, Your bible says "A fool sayeth in his heart that there is no god" and that same bible says "Whosoever calls another a fool is in danger of hell fire". And they say their god is not a god of confusion. Do you see the delusion I keep talking about?
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by mazaje(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2011
sexkillz:

SCIENTISTS SHOULD PLEASE READ JOB 26:7 &  ISAIAH 40:22

NOT ALL RELIGIOUS PERSONS ARE DUMB! But how would you know, when you choose to be MYOPIC & look at the world thru your toilet window only?

Scientist should also read Ecclesiastes 1:5, The genesis creation accounts, and other verses that talk about the earth having four conners ,no?. . .
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by snthesis(m): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2011
@ Harakiri
hw does ur point explain the non-existence of a God/creator undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Amjustme: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2011
Only a fool sys in his heart that there is no GOD! May GOD have mercy on you before its too late.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

@snthesis, Your bible says "A fool sayeth in his heart that there is no god" and that same bible says "Whosoever calls another a fool is in danger of hell fire". And they say their god is not a god of confusion. Do you see the delusion I keep talking about?
LOOOOOOOOOOOL!! TYPICAL DEFEATIST ATTITUDE & LATE STYLISH COMEBACK!!! grin

STICK TO TOPIC AND NEVER YOU DERAIL THIS THREAD!!! angry
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2011
mazaje:

Scientist should also read Ecclesiastes 1:5, The genesis creation accounts, and other verses that talk about the earth having four conners ,no?. . .

HEY BRO! Are you a SCIENTIST? DID I ASK ATHEISTS? Wait your turn! When i need to ADDRESS YOU, I WOULD! undecided
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2011
@snthesis, if you read through the thread, you wouldn't be asking a question that has been trashed repeatedly. You on the other hand needs to prove the existence of this god other than mentioning trees,air,water and the crap in your pants!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

@snthesis, if you read through the thread, you wouldn't be asking a question that has been trashed repeatedly. You on the other hand needs to prove the existence of this god other than mentioning trees,air,water and the crap in your pants!
[size=15pt]HEY! OPEN YOUR THREAD AND STOP DERAILING MINE!!![/size] angry angry >:17
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2011
@harakiri,

You know what? i think it only makes sense that it shouldn't only be religious people doing the proving, you guys can say that its enough proof that you can't see him, but the in the end, there are soo many other things that we can't actually see but exist! That you haven't seen God, isn't enough proof that He doesn't exist.

I am trying to be open-minded here, we all have our doubts, there are times that we question Gods existence, so there are times that we, in a way, become Atheists too. But in the end, with proper thinking, and realizing that sometimes the answer isn't always obvious, we realize what we truly are.

My advice harakiri, do some more thinking, and maybe some more research!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2011
@sexkillz, as much as I detest interacting with loonies (or wannabe loonies), everything I have said so far conforms to the topic which is "The origin of life". I understand that you're typing out nonsensities to keep the thread going but you and your delusional buddies have to show proof that your god created earth in 7 days and created human beings from SAND! ! ! We Atheists never claimed to have answers ( a few have put forward theories which are being researched and that's it). You and your zombie friends on the other believe we are all components of soil (SAND of all things). The brunt lies on your double talking hypocrital selves to explain this thoroughly. Using your words : " The world is watching". Let's see what reetarded sentiments you and your people come up with.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^^ ANOTHER DEFENSE COMEBACK! grin grin grin grin grin I'VE SPENT MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME STUDYING "ATHEISTS!!!"

STICK TO TOPIC! angry
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2011
@harakiri

How do you feel comfortable not having answers
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by snthesis(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

i dont need to prove jack- i know there is a God, you on the other hand dispute his existence-if you think you came to earth per chance a.k.a probability- u seriously need to have ur head examined tongue

it is akin to an amoeba, believing fried rice and shicken doesnt exist grin grin
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by IbroSaunks(m): 10:16am On Aug 25, 2011
@synthesis,

hes soo sure theres no God, he's not even listening to everybody else, this discussion keeps going round and round the same thing!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2011
None one have been able to answer the question satisfactorily thus far. Neither has the atheists or the theists
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2011
@ibro saunks, I am 31yrs of age and I have been doing a lot of thinking and researching for 17yrs! I gave a lot of room for religion to prove itself with the minutest iota of evidence. I finally made up my mind few years back. Please, read these words carefully and I'll take the time to type in the simplest english possible : "ATHEISTS HAVE NO BELIEF IN RELIGION OR MYSTIC BELIEFS IN A SUPREME BEING" and we do not make claims we cannot prove! ! ! Haba! What is so HARD about that to understand? Must we allow ourselves to be gullible all because you are gullible? If you have proof, show it and quit beating about the bush! I'm sick of these reetarded arguments.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2011
ATHEISTS ARE PATHETIC! grin grin grin grin  All they are seriously looking for is an AVENUE to derail this THREAD!!!

Not TODAY THOUGH!!!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2011
IbroSaunks:

@evil brain

You know, i haven't seen in my days a bigger dullard than that bloke that called himself Charles Darwin! Yes there are "proofs" of evolution, the fact remains that it is still LARGELY flawed! If i start with the extensive research i used to do i could lose my job, cos it'll take me the whole day!!

You think Charles Darwin, perhaps the most respected biologist in history is a dullard? You think you can debunk his work with a single day's research?
Darwin spent years on a desert island observing, collecting and meticulously catalouging specimens before coming up with his theory. Mendel spent years growing and cross-breeding plants and documenting his findings in order to decipher the rules of genetic inheritance. Before he died, all his fellow monks were convinced he was crazy. It was almost a century later that his work was rediscovered and he has recognized as the scientific hero he was.

Look at you abusing great men when you are not fit to clean their shoes. You that thinks typing words into google is "research". Shame on you. f genetic inheritance. Before he died, all his fellow monks were convinced he was crazy. It was almost a century later that his work was rediscovered and he has recognized as the scientific hero he was.

Look at you abusing great men when you are not fit to clean their shoes. You that thinks typing words into google is "research". Shame on you.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

@ibro saunks, I am 31yrs of age and I have been doing a lot of thinking and researching for 17yrs! I gave a lot of room for religion to prove itself with the minutest iota of evidence. I finally made up my mind few years back. Please, read this words carefully and I'll take the time to type in the simplest english possible : "ATHEISTS HAVE NO BELIEF IN RELIGION OR MYSTIC BELIEFS IN A SUPREME BEING" and we do not make claims we cannot prove! ! ! Haba! What is so HARD about that to understand? Must we allow ourselves to be gullible all because you are gullible? If you have proof, show it and quit beating about the bush! [size=15pt]I'm sick of these reetarded arguments.[/size]
Then BUG OFF BRO! Are you the only ATHEIST? You keep making nonsensical and circumlocutory statements, while cleverly AVOIDING the TOPIC!!! undecided Who is Talking of RELIGION or MYSTICAL BELIEFS!!<<<<<<<<<< ANOTHER FAILED ATTEMPT @ DERAILMENT!
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Delafruita(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2011
@harakiri

it would tke a really long time to go through the entire thread so please forgive my overisghts if i repeat something that had been posted earlier.

Firstly i must state tht i am a christian.tht however doesnt mean that i havent sometimes asked a lot of questions about "God".

I know i would never have had contact with christianity if the missionaries hadnt come to africa so it gets me wondering if i would have gone to plce of fiery torment called "hell" if they hadnt come to africa nd i had never heard of the name "Jesus" by which "we shall be saved".

I ask myself why "God" would create the world and then select to himself "his own people" clled isreal out of all the people he created.then he would incite them to wage wars against other people who were also created by God.

I ask myself if God really wnted the isrealites to own a certain land,why didnt he just create them there?

I also ask myself why God who is all-knowing didnt forsee that adam and eve would disobey him.

There are too many questions on the christin "God" that a whole day wont be enough to type them out

as for the holy book called "Bible",thats the only place(with the exception of the Qu'ran and the Torah) where there is evidence of "God" and many of the other stuff.

Christian will lways quote the bible to support his existence of God.that same christian is however oblivious of the fact that thet bible was put together by emperor constantine with his tools been the biased bishops at the second nicene council in 371AD nd therefore had imprints of a man who decided what to include.its probable that some of the accounts were distorted or totally removed.

The only evidence of Jesus dying and resurecting is in the same bible.

I think i'd layoff the discrepancies at this point.i don't castigate people for not believing in God just as i dont lay claim to been on the "right path".i believe in the God of the bible and that takes a lot of faith based on what my research has shown and the evidences my walk with him has chalked up.

But that doesnt mean i am still not baffled by a lot of things that surround christianity.

As for the age of the world,its definitely not 6000years old.even the bible doesnt say that.a lot of "christians" miscontrue the accounts of genesis 1:1-2.

A good understanding of those verses reveals that there was a timeline between verses 1 and 2 the lenght of which is unknown
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by snthesis(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2011
@atheist:
lets b logical/ and a bit practical.

if per chance you can read/understand and respond to this post, do a bit of reverse engineering on urselves, find out the number of processes required to achieve this tiny feat - and if you still think this could occur as a result of chance/bigbang/evolution/wudunnit grin then i giveup on you. sad

"you were fearfully and wonderfully created"

Evil Brain:

You think Charles Darwin (is he an alien/ did he have superpowers), perhaps the most respected biologist in history is a dullard? You think you can debunk his work with a single day's research?
Darwin spent years on a desert island (bet he went loco- no woman to s[i].hag[/i] with grin) observing, collecting and meticulously catalouging specimens before coming up with his theory. Mendel spent years growing and cross-breeding plants and documenting his findings( i know a chef dats does that as well- the recipes are so mouthwatery grin) in order to decipher the rules of genetic inheritance. Before he died, all his fellow monks were convinced he was crazy. It was almost a century later that his work was rediscovered and he has recognized as the scientific hero he was.

Look at you abusing great men when you are not fit to clean their shoes. You that thinks typing words into google is "research". Shame on you. f genetic inheritance. Before he died, all his fellow monks were convinced he was crazy. It was almost a century later that his work was rediscovered and he has recognized as the scientific hero he was.

Look at you abusing great men when you are not fit to clean their shoes. You that thinks typing words into google is "research". Shame on you.

Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2011
None one have been able to answer the question satisfactorily thus far. Neither has the atheists or the theists
lipsrsealed
This THREAD is SOLELY Dedicated to OUR BELOVED ATHEISTS!!! cheesy
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by harakiri(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2011
@delafruita, You are the ONLY religious person (apart from BABE!) that has made an attempt at constructing a meaningful post. I'll get on a computer and reply you in a short while. Cheers.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by EvilBrain1(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2011
In case anybody wants to hear the scientific version of the origin of life you can try reading pages 2 and 3 of this thread. Me and a few others have tried to explain things as simply as possible for the lay people out there.

Sadly, this thread has really gone downhill since it hit the front page. Between all the cheap insults and sexkillz's trolling there's no more room for rational discourse. Since I have work to do, I'm going to have to sign out.

Cheers.
Re: What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^SORRY BRO! I STOPPED TAKING YOU AND YOUR SCIENCE SERIOUS AFTER YOU MENTIONED THAT YOU DONT KNOW WHERE THE LIFE OF THE FIRST LIVING ORGANISM CAME FROM!. . . . . . . SO YOU SEE, YOU WERE OF NO HELP AFTERALL! cheesy NO OFFENSE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Forget Re-election In 2019 If You Don’t Repent–Bishop Odutemu Tells Buhari,Other / Christian Struggling With Marijuana Addiction / I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.