Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! (6360 Views)

World’s Longest-serving President Wins Re-election / Yorubas Have Record Of Underperformance So Cant Be President Again / Police Arraign Sowore 'With A Broken Nose' & 4 Others In Magistrate Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
Yorkshireman who had the world's longest nose at 19CM and was a member of a travelling circus goes viral after an image of his waxwork resurfaces online

• Thomas Wedders, from Yorkshire, gained fame in the 18th century for his nose
• His record still remains to this day, according to the Guinness World Records
• Although only waxworks remain to showcase circus performer's 19cm nose

By JESSICA GREEN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 09:16, 15 November 2022 | UPDATED: 10:45, 15 November 2022

A man who had the world's longest nose has stirred up a frenzy online after an image of his waxwork resurfaced.

Thomas Wedders, from Yorkshire, gained fame in the 18th century for having the world’s longest nose - which measured a whopping 19cm (7.5inches).

The travelling circus performer’s record persists to this day, according to the Guinness World Records - but only waxworks remain to display his remarkable nose.

After a photograph of his wax figure in a Ripley's Believe It or Not exhibit was shared on Reddit, thousands of social media users commented on their shock.

Thomas Wedders (pictured), from Yorkshire, gained fame in the 18th century for having the world’s longest nose - which measured a whopping 19cm (7.5inches)

According to The Daily Star , the Strand Magazine, Vol. XI, published in 1896, said of Thomas’s nose: ‘Thus, if noses were ever uniformly exact in representing the importance of the individual, this worthy ought to have amassed all the money in Threadneedle Street and conquered all Europe.’

The publication also suggested Thomas was perhaps not the smartest of individuals.

It read: ‘But either his chin was too weak or his brow too low, or Nature had so exhausted herself in the task of giving this prodigy a nose as to altogether forget to endow him with brains; or perhaps, the nose crowded out this latter commodity.

‘At all events, we are told this Yorkshireman expired, nose and all, as he had lived, in a condition of mind best described as the most abject idiocy.’

After a photograph of his wax figure (pictured) in a Ripley's Believe It or Not exhibit was shared on Reddit, thousands of social media users commented on their shock

The Guinness World Records website states: 'There are historical accounts that Thomas Wedders, who lived in England during the 1770's and was a member of a travelling circus, had a nose measuring 19cm (7.5in) long.'

The details of Thomas’s life remain unclear, however, it’s thought the circus performer died in Yorkshire in his early 50s.

Responding to a photo shared of the man's waxwork, one shocked Redditor joked: 'They say your brain automatically ignores looking at your own nose but yeah I don't know about that guy.'

'What is actually happening here? Tumor? Growth? Random genetic mishap? Do the nostrils extend all the way to the tip?? I have so many questions…,' wrote another.

Source

Read More

Giving Pinnochio a run for his money! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by WibusJaga: 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2022

Who wan break this kind Nonsense Record. grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Abfinest007(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2022
I swear no kissing for him

1 Like

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by JoeNL22(m): 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Giving Pinnochio a run for his money! shocked
Lol
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Righthussle: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
This is the real No(r)seman.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by siofra(f): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2022
See fetish cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Blackdeewhy(m): 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2022
Walai, this nose can dictect bomb and badbelle afar off

1 Like

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Shalommy(f): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2022
Vulture man. cheesy
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by jetwonder(m): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2022
grin grin grin This Nose feet Bleep Nigerian girl to orgasm

6 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:47pm On Nov 14, 2022
Women are now dreaming of the kind of mouth action they would receive in doggy position. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by adecz: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2022
undecided
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Lanretoye(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2022
I'd rather break a nose than break a record.
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by tooth4tooth: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2022
WibusJaga:

I tire oo cheesy . As if na better record.

1 Like

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
siofra:
See fetish cool

dont derail this thread by start talking about sexxxxc...STOP IT!!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Urheadmaster(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2022
WibusJaga:

The only man suitable to break the record is urchins presidential candidate tongue

He uses is own nose to sniff hard drugs grin

4 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by tommy589(m): 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Giving Lai MohammedPinnochio a run for his money! shocked

He should know his lying days are over.Any future attempt would grow an inch longer
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by OKOATA(m): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
cheesy
This one na pinocchio nose, I guess he was a known liar while growing up. grin My mom would tell me while growing up then that too much lies dey cause long nose. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by wiseone28: 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2022
Have 69 with this kind nose..

Imagine.

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by ItsGoodToBeGood: 8:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
WibusJaga:
I tire o

2 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Richy4(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2022
This thread is quite educative smiley

He may have been lucky there were no mean people during his time... I mean he existed 18th centuries ago...
Just imagine someone with that nose in a public school in Nigeria or anywhere around the world in this era..

Currently, a Turkish man by name Mehmet Ozyurek whose nose measures 8.80 cm (3.46 inches) is the current title holder in the world

2 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by ucheheart(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
I also read somewhere that he used his nose to have sex with ladies.
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by illicit(m): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
That's a dick

What d fvck
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by Smitaro100(m): 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2022
He nose no one can break his record.. cry

2 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by dnawah(m): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
Blackdeewhy:
Walai, this nose can dictect bomb and badbelle afar off
and can also sniff out any do,even if the do is washed grin grin grin
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by gonkin(m): 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2022
I thought gru's nose was only fictional.
He's even got more length than the despicable me character. Jeez

2 Likes

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by CheedyJ(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2022
This one na 'Nosetradamus'.

1 Like

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by potent5(m): 10:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nobody wants to break that kind of record, abeg. grin cheesy
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by MansoryMX(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
siofra:
See fetish cool

Naughty girl cheesy
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by onomeabuja: 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2022
WibusJaga:

Wizards & alien in politics will tell u grin

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Nov 15, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Giving Lai MohammedPinnochio a run for his money! shocked

Why Won't A Stolen Nation's Oil Be Stolen?

Who noseknows tomorrow? undecided

Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by MMWandali: 1:46am On Nov 15, 2022
No one nose all
Re: Man With The World's Longest Nose Is Yet To Have Record Broken! by tsephanyah(f): 4:06am On Nov 15, 2022
Average jew

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun, World Bank Construct 200km Roads In Rural Areas. / Breaking News! PMB / OSINBAJO Releases Another Package For Nigerians. / Saraki Applauds Dogara As He Turns 51 Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.