Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport (1248 Views)

My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation / Tourist Travel Enquiry: Countries With Stress Free Visa Application Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by junta001: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2022
Hello beautiful people.
Please I need some help and guidance concerning planning my travel to the Dominican republic, I have an invitation for an event scheduled to hold there next year (2023)
My problems are,
1) Dominican republic doesn't have an embassy/consulate in Nigeria, how to I go about submitting the required documents and applying for a visa?

2) What are the general recommendations as regards flight booking, how do I avoid areas that require transit Visas like UK & US?

3) any word of caution and advice to make my visa application and travel smoother?

I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone who has recently traveled to Dominican republic with a Nigerian passport.

Every other general advice & recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

One love
Thanks.
Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by AjeboBoutique(m): 8:51am On Nov 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by meetme01: 9:08am On Nov 15, 2022
junta001:
Hello beautiful people.
Please I need some help and guidance concerning planning my travel to the Dominican republic, I have an invitation for an event scheduled to hold there next year (2023)
My problems are,
1) Dominican republic doesn't have an embassy/consulate in Nigeria, how to I go about submitting the required documents and applying for a visa?

2) What are the general recommendations as regards flight booking, how do I avoid areas that require transit Visas like UK & US?

3) any word of caution and advice to make my visa application and travel smoother?

I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone who has recently traveled to Dominican republic with a Nigerian passport.

One love
Thanks.

I collected the visa twice wayback. I had to send my passport to UK. Not sure, if they still do the same process. Find their contact online,send a mail and their response will guide.

1. You need a visa.

2. You don't need transit visa. Just book your flight through Emirate. It will book UAE - Brazil - Santo Domingo. Very costly though.

3. They ain't strict and they will guide you on required documents.

4. Not sure where there embassy is now but as I said, UK was the last embassy I used to collect my visa.

I didn't go due to flight price but my hommie has been there for 8years. Married and doing fine.
Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by junta001: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2022
meetme01:

I collected the visa twice wayback. I had to send my passport to UK. Not sure, if they still do the same process. Find their contact online,send a mail and their response will guide.

1. You need a visa.

2. You don't need transit visa. Just book your flight through Emirate. It will book UAE - Brazil - Santo Domingo. Very costly though.

4. Not sure where there embassy is now but as I said, UK was the last embassy I used to collect my visa.

I didn't go due to flight price but my hommie has been there for 8years. Married and doing fine.

Thanks so much for the feedback
There's just so little information on the internet about this and most popular travel agents I have contacted say they don't process Dominican republic visas
Quite a difficult situation I must say.
I sent an email to the ministry of tourism in Dominican republic, no response yet.
Maybe I'll try sending an email to the embassy at UK.

Then as regards the travel, won't the current Visa ban for Nigerians traveling UAE affect stopover? Or UAE generally doesn't require transit visa
Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by meetme01: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2022
junta001:

Thanks so much for the feedback
There's just so little information on the internet about this and most popular travel agents I have contacted say they don't process Dominican republic visas
Quite a difficult situation I must say.
I sent an email to the ministry of tourism in Dominican republic, no response yet.
Maybe I'll try sending an email to the embassy at UK.

Then as regards the travel, won't the current Visa ban for Nigerians traveling UAE affect stopover? Or UAE generally doesn't require transit visa

On Emirates, you don't require transit visa

Will check my mail if I can still get their contact and requirements
Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by junta001: 9:53am On Nov 15, 2022
meetme01:

On Emirates, you don't require transit visa

Will check my mail if I can still get their contact and requirements

What do you think about going through Turkish airlines

Getting a Turkish transit visa is relatively easy, the whole process is online

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Lagos -> Istanbul -> Panama -> Dominican republic

Though, I recently stumbled on a thread where someone was advising Nigerian travelers to avoid transit through Panama, I really can't say on what circumstance

Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by meetme01: 10:08am On Nov 15, 2022
junta001:

What do you think about going through Turkish airlines

Getting a Turkish transit visa is relatively easy, the whole process is online

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Lagos -> Istanbul -> Panama -> Dominican republic

Though, I recently stumbled on a thread where someone was advising Nigerian travelers to avoid transit through Panama, I really can't say on what circumstance

I don't know much about that Panama route.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by jaxeri(m): 11:54am On Jun 27, 2023
meetme01:

1. You need a visa.

Hello, pls how did you got about sending your passport to UK or any relevant information that can help on traveling to Dominican Republic. I can't get information anywhere online. Thanks
Re: Tourist Travel To Dominican Republic With Nigerian Passport by Promise47(m): 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
That country is nonsense nothing dy there they have broder with Haiti the country na non sense if not for poor and bad leadership what's a serious human being doing in That country there citizen they immgriate go USA
junta001:
Hello beautiful people.
My problems are,

One love
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Any One Traveling To Edmonton, Canada As An International Student? / River Ethiope (the Blue River) Delta State / Advice Needed On How To Send A Letter Of Invitation To A Friend For A Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.