Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (85921 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by ritchboy(m): 5:33pm On Aug 29, 2011
tom----versus----aaron

67---total passes--63
3-----tackles won---2
61--accurate passes--51

3---scoring attempts--2
1---shots on target---0
90--minutes played---90

did you just say aaron made tomahawk look silly?
you must be smoking woolies.

Cleverley was on the far better side, it's a disgrace the stats are even that close! cheesy

Note, i didn't say Cleverley played badly, all i said is Ramsey caused United many problems going forward.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
ritchboy:

Cleverley was on the far better side, it's a disgrace the stats are even that close! cheesy

Note, i didn't say Cleverley played badly, all i said is Ramsey caused United many problems going forward.

yes, by having 0 shots on target, 0 assists and producing a passing statistic worse than john o'shea's. . . . .
ramsey will not get into the united's 2nd team, never mind first. he is not good enough at this level.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by kaypumpin2(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
coogar:

tom----versus----aaron

67---total passes--63
3-----tackles won---2
61--accurate passes--51

3---scoring attempts--2
1---shots on target---0
90--minutes played---90

did you just say aaron made tomahawk look silly?
you must be smoking woolies.

But for a team that was at the receiving end of blistering endless attacks yesterday,these statistics fairly support Ritch's assertions.

That said,Ramsey's ability to lose the ball under the least pressure is ridiculous.And wigga plays like he isn't aware of his immediate environment.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2011
kay_pumpin:

But for a team that was at the receiving end of blistering endless attacks yesterday,these statistics fairly support Ritch's assertions.

That said,Ramsey's ability to lose the ball under the least pressure is ridiculous.And wigga plays like he isn't aware of his immediate environment.

except that it doesn't.
arsenal had 3 men in their midfield. logic suggests arsenal should dominate that area of the pitch. they always do when united go with 2 in the middle.
but i saw the worst arsenal performance at old trafford in nearly 100 years. look at ramsey's passing statistic.

51/63? it is piss-poor for a passing team like arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mykali(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2011
my condolences come in late. . . i sympathize with the true fans

the fake ones don join Man City and Barcelona
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by kaypumpin2(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
coogar:

except that it doesn't.
arsenal had 3 men in their midfield. logic suggests arsenal should dominate that area of the pitch. they always do when united go with 2 in the middle.
but i saw the worst arsenal performance at old trafford in nearly 100 years. look at ramsey's passing statistic.

51/63? it is piss-poor for a passing team like arsenal.

Arsenal's poigant display in all area of midfield is not even up for debate,neither is Ramsey's below par performance.

That statistic though,it papers over yesterday's horror show.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
Ramsey is clearly not yet the material for arsenal's midfield, let be sincere. Even Cleverly who I know very lttle about oozes more class, IMO.

In other news, Young to be on £40k/wk. Na dis kain tin Arsenal dey laik. And he will wear the No. 9 jersey. Seems arsenal rate the Korean national team captain so highly
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
80percent pass stat is piss-poor. Aaaaawkay *9ice voice*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2011
dipo+:

Ramsey is clearly not yet the material for arsenal's midfield, let be sincere. Even Cleverly who I know very lttle about oozes more class, IMO.

Seconded!! He plays as if he's in the La liga!! needs to understand that once you have the ball in your feet. . .it takes you 0.001s to think and not 3s. . . .itd da EPL RAMSEY!!!

dipo+:

In other news, Young to be on £40k/wk. Na dis kain tin Arsenal dey laik. And he will wear the No. 9 jersey. Seems arsenal rate the Korean national team captain so highly

Link?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Gunners on verge of signing new striker[/size]

Monaco striker Park Chu-young will complete a transfer to Arsenal within the next 24 hours, with Arsène Wenger looking to strengthen our squad as much as possible before the transfer window closes on Wednesday evening.
Park, who is the captain of the South Korean national team, was part-way through a medical at Lille on Saturday, but Lille’s Chairman Michel Seydoux confirmed that he left for North London (to have a medical at Arsenal) without their knowledge. The fee is thought to be somewhere in the region of £3-5 million.
“We are stunned by this unacceptable behaviour in terms of human qualities. This shows that the player had nothing to do in Lille. We agreed everything, he left his hotel room in the middle of the night and is now on his way to Arsenal.
Granted, it’s not exactly Karim Benzema, but I am sure that Arsenal fans will come to love Park over the next season. Apparently he has lightening-quick reactions, pouncing on any lose ball in the box, and can create a goal-scoring opportunity out of almost anything. Park scored 12 goals for Monaco last season, which apparently equated to 33% of Monaco’s goals for the season as they were relegated from Ligue 1.
the important question is whether Park is able to bypass his two-year mandatory military service. He is 26, and must apparently serve 2 years in the South Korean army before the age of 30. Park can avoid military service by winning a major trophy with the national team, as he would receive a military waiver for his services to the country. However, I must point out that not only is this slightly controversial (it’s not conscription if some people avoid it), but that the only national tournament he can win is the Olympics next summer. It is thought that he will sign a 4-year contract with Arsenal, but this will be irrelevant if he misses two seasons serving in the army.

the bold seem interesting. . .lol i dey laff oo. . .Just 2 yrs to play footie

http://straightalkingooners.com/2011/08/29/gunners-on-verge-of-signing-new-striker/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2011
Monday morning

Mrs Wenger: Wake up Arsene, Its 9 already.

Arsene: WHAT?? They scored another one?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2011
slimshay:

80percent pass stat is piss-poor. Aaaaawkay *9ice voice*

coquelin - 29/34
rosicky - 62/70

cleverley - 61/67
anderson -39/45

aaron ramsey was the poorest passer in the midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by presido1: 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Monday morning

Mrs Wenger: Wake up Arsene, Its 9 already.
Arsene: WHAT?? They scored another one?
Funny shyt. Una go kill person for here

and must apparently serve 2 years in the South Korean army before the age of 30. Park can avoid military service by winning a major trophy with the national team, as he would receive a military waiver for his services to the country. However, I must point out that not only is this slightly controversial (it’s not conscription if some people avoid it), but that the only national tournament he can win is the Olympics next summer. It is thought that he will sign a 4-year contract with Arsenal, but this will be irrelevant if he misses two seasons serving in the army.
Now they are drafting soldiers into their team. Very soon Emirate will turn to barrack.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
dipo+:

Why the chap nor refuse that number 9 ? him nor know the history of that shirt for Arsenal?  undecided
anyway maybe yesterday's defeat is the sacrifice to wipe away some jinxes sha.  grin grin

dipo+:

I like Ramsey, he just needs to man up and show more bottle, you earn the right to play and when the going gets tough the tough get going. He has probably been picking up a few bad habits from Arshavin but he is too young to be doing that and if he doesnt learn from yesterday, he never will. He still has a long rope to pull with me cos of that leg break.

Good to see the club taking responsibility and repaying the fans who paid to watch such a debacle. I am still expecting something from the players, they need to take some responsibility too, they need to show that this will never happen again, and by the squad, that includes those who stupidly got red cards to miss the match as well as those who were too scared to go to OT and decided to fall sick.  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by presido1: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2011
duduspace:

Good to see the club taking responsibility and repaying the fans who paid to watch such a debacle. I am still expecting something from the players, they need to take some responsibility too, they need to show that this will never happen again, and by the squad, that includes those who stupidly got red cards to miss the match as well as those who were too scared to go to OT and decided to fall sick. grin grin
Do you blame them? atleast they have shame and face to protect should they hand in transfer request by Jan. It will not be in their CV(8-2)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
naijababe:

I am feeling very sensitive right now.

You know, I was thinking the exact same when the 5th goal went in. I was close to tears yesterday and when[b] I saw that phool Traore smiling at the end of the match, I swear I was ready to shoot someone. [/b]

Don't worry, he is already on his way to QPR if the press are to be believed. How a player can smile after that beats my imagination, maybe he already knew he was on the way out sha but even then what happened to professional pride? Nasri still felt so bad we lost 2 - 0 on his last match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
All coaches in Europe are now sending condolence messages to Arsenal

From ferguson to Pep, One would think they are victims of the Haiti earthquake.

When your opponents start offering condolences then theres cause to worry

Maybe they should start donating their rejects to him starting with Benayoun and co
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
"We need to come back," the Gunners captain told Arsenal Player. "We have Swansea in two weeks, which is a good opponent and I look forward to that.

"This was the strongest team we had today. We gave our maximum but it was clearly not good enough.

"I don't think we can hide behind injuries or suspensions. It is no excuse. They had injuries too, this is football."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe they should start donating their rejects to him starting with Benayoun and co

i blame alex ferguson.
he should have told his players to stop scoring. at 5-2 or 4-2, the scoreline would have been respectable.
8-2 is just farcical. . . . .disrespectful to arsene wenger, arsenal fc and the fans at large.
i think ferguson was spurred to beat the man city result against tottenham earlier in the day cos normally, fergie would take out rooney, hernandez and play rio ferdinand and fabio as strikers.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2011
Its not the players fault, They tried their best to keep the scoreline minimal but Arsenal was just too useless

E.g Nani chipped the ball softly so the opponent cant make a clearance but they were too daft to do it.

Rooney started lobbing the keeper from his half,

Chicharito and Nani were trying to lob the keeper from odd angles just to ease the pains on GAYYners but they were beyond redemption.

As at 60th minute if Man Utd needed to score 10 goals they would have scored it

Cos I Remember Nani missing some chances, Chicharito and even Rooney were playing Only Ashley Young was taking it serious
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Its not the players fault, They tried their best to keep the scoreline minimal but Arsenal was just too useless

E.g Nani chipped the ball softly so the opponent cant make a clearance but they were too daft to do it.

Rooney started lobbing the keeper from his half,

Chicharito and Nani were trying to lob the keeper from odd angles just to ease the pains on GAYYners but they were beyond redemption.

As at 60th minute if Man Utd needed to score 10 goals they would have scored it

Cos I Remember Nani missing some chances, Chicharito and even Rooney were playing Only Ashley Young was taking it serious

ashley young was probably too shocked to see how easy it was to sodomize arsenal.
he kept pinging those curlers. . . . . .i have been told szczesny is the bomb but he was culpable for at least 6 of the goals he conceded last night.

rooney's double freekicks. . .
ashley young's curlers
and j s park's low shot.

all of the shots were taken outside the box. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Krayola(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
GOAL!! Fabregas with another nice goal.  vs villarreal

oops, wrong thread  grin grin grin tongue

Wetin dey nah?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2011
Krayola:

GOAL!! Fabregas with another nice goal.  vs villarreal

oops, wrong thread  grin grin grin tongue

Wetin dey nah?

turboh, shut up and go and watch your game.
cesc is no longer with arsenal, move on!!!

madrid fans don't go on united threads whenever ronaldo scores.
i think you deserve a ban. grin 24 months at least.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2011
Rumour has it that Benayoun will be one of Arsene's 'super quality' signings
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2011
proudly9ja:

its on SKY NEWS just Now!!!! Hmmmm he's sure a good player but the INJURIES Abeg jare!!! I would prefer he sign a Natural Box-box player M'Villa!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Krayola(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
coogar:

turboh, shut up and go and watch your game.
cesc is no longer with arsenal, move on!!!

madrid fans don't go on united threads whenever ronaldo scores.
i think you deserve a ban. grin 24 months at least.

haha United is doing just fine without Ronaldo. Nothing to rub in.

On the other hand, Arsenal don kaput. I go rub am in come add salt and pepper sef.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
proudly9ja:

dayokanu:

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 9:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
Krayola:

haha United is doing just fine without Ronaldo. Nothing to rub in.

On the other hand, Arsenal don kaput. I go rub am in come add salt and pepper sef.

they had 8 players out.
if we remove the equivalent in barcelona on a day they face madrid, una go chop 11-0.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Cristalz(f): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
Krayola, wicked boi grin

I truly felt sorry for Arsene when Fergie didn't bother celebrating United's goals anymore.
Wait.  .  .celebrating? He didn't even smile.

On a good day Fergie celebrates goals as much as the next die-hard fan, but at a point he just sat there with arms folded. No expression.
He must have felt really bad for Arsene.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by proudly9ja(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Rumour also has it that Andre Santos (LB) will be joining Arsenal from Fenerbace for 7 million Euros. Traore heading to QPR
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
proudly9ja:

Rumour also has it that Andre Santos (LB) will be joining Arsenal from Fenerbace for 7 million Euros. Traore heading to QPR

Apparently a 6M pound deal has been agreed. At least,I am sure this guy is bera than Traore even though I have never seen him play before
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2011
Heading straight to You Tube before my lappy battery fades out wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.