Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (86033 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
I agree it was more of a physical collapse though, the positions of Rosicky and Ramsey on most of those goals were shocking, even Denilson's much publicised inability to track back was never as bad.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2011
Wenger:

"it was a good performance. Not every team comes to Old Trafford and scores twice. If we'd kept a clean sheet, we'd have won"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by ritchboy(m): 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2011
Seriously, Wenger showing yet again he's a terrible coach at Old Trafford.

Your team is under the cosh, trying to find a way to contain a rampant United and what does he do? He takes off the only holding midfielder and brings on a winger.

And after many years the phool still hasn't realized Arshavin can't play wide in a game like this.

"it was a good performance. Not every team comes to Old Trafford and scores twice. If we'd kept a clean sheet, we'd have won"

The worst part is he still has the audacity to spout rubbish like this afterwards!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2011
Hehehehe dem don knack us Akpako!! Funny enough the jersey wey i wear today na #8 dey the back lol like say i know

Dem go soon begin dey show our match for Cartoon Network

I think Wenger should just do the honourable thing and quit now!! No team with dignity or honor should lose by such scoreline!! Who trains from Monday to Sunday to lose 8-zip
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2011
Last season we complained we didn't have a team B - now we sold our Team A and loaned out most of our Team B and brought in Kids!!! what's all this?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2011
3 Games
1 Point
Goal df of -8
17th position
Relegation Looming

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by A40(m): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
debosky:

Window don close??

Dunno why una like to blow your load so prematurely. cheesy

Besides, Gervinho has already replaced Nasri and if you don't know he's quality, you berra go to specsavers. tongue

Your statement ab initio was "Would i take my words back if Cesc and or Nasri stayed and we brought in quality" You dey try form wisey abi? My bear bear is laughing at you

Besides you can like to show where i said Gervinho isnt quality

debosky:

As for the CL group, while not the easiest, anyone saying it's the toughest needs to visist specsavers again. cheesy

They should provide stiff tests for Arsenal, especially Marseilles and Dortmund.

Besides, if we are afraid of facing good clubs, we might as well have gone into the Europa league.  cool

Toughest is different from toughest we could possibly be drawn in. And you claim you invented grammar? I laugh in 8-2
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by sweetguy10(m): 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
Just passing by ,but ehm ehm arsenal fans how merket ? grin grin I laugh in 8-2
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by sweetguy10(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
Haahahahahahhaahahahahahaha

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mukina2: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
proudly9ja:

#Tonight marks the darkest night of our season. Things will get better from now on.
allow me laugh grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

nateevs:

I don't know what to say. I am absolutely speechless.
me neither grin

allboyz:

Last season we complained we didn't have a team B - now we sold our Team A and loaned out most of our Team B and brought in Kids!!! what's all this?
its called 'strength in depth'  cheesy

A-40:

I think Wenger should just do the honourable thing and quit now!! No team with dignity or honor should lose by such scoreline!! Who trains from Monday to Sunday to lose 8-zip
nefaa  . .hiz project yooot is werking foinne'  cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2011
Wenger: “I am very open to signing players[b] if we find players who can strengthen the team[/b]. We have a lot of people working on that”
34 minutes ago

SMH
After all that is happening, this stupid man may not sign o.
I won't be surprised if he gets murdered of someone attempts to
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2011
Kay-Dee:

3 Games
1 Point
Goal df of -8
17th position
Relegation Looming

cry cry cry cry cry cry

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I WANT MY CLUB BACK!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
'THE down fall of a man is not the end of his life', or have you not heard "He that is down fears no fall". the only problem here is how AW handle this bad fall. if only he will keep his Big mouth shut and do the Needfull we will start singing another tune very very very soon. this is the worst that could happen  to  Afc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2011
olodo:

'THE down fall of a man is not the end of his life', or have you not heard "He that is down fears no fall". the only problem here is how AW handle this bad fall. if only he will keep his Big mouth shut and do the Needfull we will start singing another tune very very very soon. this is the worst that could happen  to  Afc.

This is Jst UTD FC that has no beef for us - Just Rivals!!

we are yet to face SHITYYY team that are our RIVALS and 'beef' team - then i guez there won't be messy!!! UTD was even compassionate today it could have been more!!

now Arsenal lies on the 17th position this is the first time in my Arsenal life that we would be in that position!!

hmmmmi dey wait ooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by manmustwac(m): 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2011
BREAKING NEWS
DSTV are moving all arsenals games to the cartoon network until they stop playing like kids   grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2011
olodo:

Still on a free fall, we havent reached the bottom yet. Wenger will keep trying to confuse the fans and the press with his long long philosophical quotes until we end up in the championship.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Still on a free fall, we havent reached the bottom yet. Wenger will keep trying to confuse the fans and the press with his long long philosophical quotes until we end up in the championship.
we are totally down Kay Dee, the only thing now is that how do we get back ( this fall is very painfull )
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by loyika(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
Bit of perspective needed.

Were we tonked today, NO DOUBT!! embarassed
Was it embarrassing, LIKE HELL!! embarassed embarassed

But we will survive, we have lost to 2 good teams and drew against an average Newcastle team to be at the bottom pile of the league table, (FRANKLY AT THIS STAGE THAT IS WHERE WE DESERVE TO BE, as the league table doesn't lie!!) but in all honesty, we are only 3 games in the so folks should calm down a notch.

Do we have the team to win the league, HELL NO!! And i doubt we will have a chance for the next 2 seasons, but i believe (and i hope i am right) that this is the lowest Arsenal can go (Having said that, i felt that way with the 4-4 against the Toon last season only for this to happen).

We have an Inter lull before the game against Swansea, lets see if we can pick up the pieces of our season from there. The players should be aware that they are not representing Arsene Wenger but Arsenal FC,

In retrospect, it's easy to put all the blame on Arsene, but i believe the Arsenal Board share a huge part of that blame as well, we are not privy to the happenings behind the scene and can only speculate.

Frankly i don't think Kroenke can be that bothered about us winning the league as long as we stay in the top 4 and play in the CL, till he can build the club up to finally sell it off to the Uzbek.

Anyways, enough talk. Lets cry out the river of tears, watch if the "Stubborn One" (As Myles P calls him) can convince the board that we need major signings in the next 3 days and then wait till the game against Swansea.

Flat Track bullies you might say, but if we take it out on them, i won't complain. Like Rocky we need to take it on the chin like men and come out guns blazing!

Our backs are against the wall and we need to fight like wounded lions to get back some ounce of pride back in the team and it starts from the fans, cause Cesc, Nasri, Wenger, Graham, Viera and the Henry's of this world will come and go, BUT THE ARSENAL REMAINS!!

Worst day at the office embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. We Live and move on.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mukina2: 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
loyika:

Were we tonked today, NO DOUBT!! embarassed
Was it embarrassing, LIKE HELL!! embarassed embarassed

Our backs are against the wall and we need to fight like wounded lions to get back some ounce of pride back in the team and it starts from the fans, cause Cesc, Nasri, Wenger, Graham, Viera and the Henry's of this world will come and go, BUT THE ARSENAL REMAINS!!

Worst day at the office embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. We Live and move on.

cool GOONER 89
embarassed embarassed embarassed sad cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2011
Loyika better concentrate on his FPL team rather than giving Gaynners managerial advice. Last time I checked, he was propping up the league. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Image123(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
I know that i ought to 'clock in' on this thread, at least to expose my condolences. ieya
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
Time to bring back an old favourite. . . .  grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by usbcable(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2011
does anyone have info on when last arsenal lost a competitive match this bad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by tkb417(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by olodo(m): 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
usbcable:

IWILL ALSO LIKE TO KNOW JUST FOR THE RECORD angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2011
usbcable:

arsenal last conceded 8 goals in a competitive match in 1896.

115 years ago. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
life is suddenly very interesting.

dis thread is so much fun on days like dis.

always beats me wen i see our "better" fans come out with d bull, as in really. . . . . . . . .

anyway, way back in march wen d rot set in i was routinely insulted forseeing dis, now am actually very positive.

forget what u see joor, wenger knows. have u forgotten no one else can coach arsenal? grin grin grin

whats d form book again? 2 wins in 15 abi? lolllzzzzzz

abeg joo we are winning d treble, afterall, 4th spot na achievement. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

shebi dem sa dis boiz nor get morale cos dem lose cc, erm so wetin go appen naw?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by codedguy1(m): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2011
where is Debo, HNIC?

grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
The margin  was most embarrassing.
But is it not just disgusting that some fullish ppl just post nonsensically false quotes supposedly from AW?
One donkey claims AW said "we'ld have won if we kept a clean sheet"

And for all those who say we are in 'relegation zone', don't forget that in a not-so-far season we were in relegation zone but still went to elite europe.
We will still finish top four.
Above all, WE ARE CLASS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by xterra2(m): 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2011
Sorry Arsenal Fans eh
I thought it was a joke, i expected this to happen to swansea,norwich e.t.c NOT arsenal
it was like fifa 11 on ps3

Thank God, am not an arsenal fan
IN Wenger , Arsenal fans trust
Every Arsenal Fan on my Twitter TImeLine signed out of twitter, and they wrote "offline " on bbm , you would call them they wont pick grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
consolation : Swansea nxt week, manage swansea ok ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by biolabee(m): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2011
Interesting as much as I respect AW, he killed himself today
How can you put Djoucielsny against Rooney, oung and Nani, no hope
We have been talking about our defence and all we hear is TV5 will deliver us
If he was there, we would have still lost
Heck,, even H Webb pitied us, Jenkinson & AA23 shd have been sent off

He gave us a PK in OLD TRAFFORD!!!

The same problems still cam eup . poor defensive organisation came up again
Indiscipline is a major problem in this squad - 5 red cards (one retro) in 5 matches,,, interesting

on whether he has had a worst game as manager of Arsenal…
You don’t think like that after a game like this. It is terribly painful but you do not compare your pain. You have pain and that is it. I feel it was under very special circumstances. We have played three games in the Premier League and two Champions League games. It is not a time to make a balance of the whole season.

Of course it hurts, it’s humiliating, but you could see that we had not recovered physically in the second half from Wednesday night. We were short in some areas, that is for sure. They have class and they punished us. It was 3-1 at half-time and I think that was harsh against us. We missed a penalty, we had a chance to get back to 3-2. We tried desperately to get back but we opened ourselves up and were punished. Their finishing was great today.

[b]on planning for reinforcements…[/b]
I am very open if we can find the right players. We have the money to sign players. If we find players who can strengthen our team then we will do it. But I am not the only one to work on the case, we have 20 people who are working on that. If we do not do it, it is because we don’t find them. We have plenty of players out today, too many players missing. We do not have the squad to compete when we have this many players out. At the moment, we have not found the solutions to our problems outside. When you look at today, you cannot predict how many players we have out. We did not expect to have Wilshere out, Diaby out, Gervinho out, Vermaelen out and Gibbs out.

on the wage structure at the Club…
It is difficult to find excuses after a game like that. Wages-wise, of course we are behind the other teams.

on whether he is close to bringing anyone in…
We are close to signing a striker at the moment but we are still looking for a midfielder and a defender.

on whether there is truth in links with a move with Mikel Arteta…
No.

on whether experience is needed…
Yes but it is difficult when you lose 8-2. It is better when you don’t talk as much but it hurts and it looks like you are looking for excuses. We have to sort out our problems that we have in the squad.

on criticism directed at him…
I am in a public job and I have to accept that. I try to make the right decisions for the Club and I will continue to do that. The players we have sold are players I brought to the Club. If you look at the 15 years I have been at the Club, I have brought in some good players. We have played three games in the Premier League, give me more time before saying that I have got it completely wrong. There were patches in the game where we had quality. I feel we collapsed physically more than anything else today
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
All we have to do is to Keep The Faith
[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdCFHYW0ds[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.