Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,406 members, 7,853,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:23 AM

Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters (469 Views)

BREAKING: Saharareporters Floors Saraki @ Appeal Court, N4bn Judgement Overturnd / APC Aspirants Paid Between N15 & N60million To Secure Tickets - Saharareporters / Osun: PDP To Strike Deal With Omisore, Others​: SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by trutharena: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2022
The supporters of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party have been accused of distributing packets of salt to residents of Abia State ahead of the 2023 general elections.

This has been described by analysts as a form of vote-buying, which is punishable with a fine of N500,000 or a jail term or both under the law.

This was made known by Almaigaa on Nairaland who claimed that many residents were expecting Obi to distribute grains and had vowed not to vote for him during the election because it was only salt they got.

He said, “Aswear Peter Obi too stingy. He dey share #50 Salt for Aba. Instead of him to share either Rice, Beans or any valuable thing. People just dey insult am here. Most People no gree collect. Few that collected,swear that they will never vote Peter Obi.”

He shared a picture of the packets of salt branded with the logo of Labour Party and the names of its presidential and vice-presidential candidates, Peter Obi & Yusuf Datti.

A Google reverse image search done by SaharaReporters shows that the picture was new on the internet.

SaharaReporters earlier reported how Obi’s supporters distributed food items to Kwara State residents last Wednesday.

In a viral video on Twitter, the party’s supporters were calling the names of the residents and giving them grains in a particular sequence.

It was learnt that this happened when the party’s supporters took their grassroots mobilisation and sensitisation to the rural areas of Kwara State.

Vote-buying has been at the forefront of every election in Nigeria, and SaharaReporters reported that the 2022 governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun states were no different. Interestingly, it was taken a notch higher in the governorship elections.

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2022/11/15/vote-buying-labour-party-presidential-candidate-peter-obis-supporters-allegedly

https://twitter.com/saharareporters/status/1592564874307330049?s=46&t=uNZBkTfqsCZN68HPF_z8eg

CC: Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by Realguyman1(m): 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
APC is a serious calamity that needs to be cleans out of Nigeria. Tinubu should never be allowed anywhere closed to aso rock, otherwise na japa go be Nigerians new national anthem.

5 Likes

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by slivertongue: 9:07pm On Nov 15, 2022
I need some OBIDIENT salt

2 Likes

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by trutharena: 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2022
slivertongue:
I need some OBIDIENT salt

There is need for Obiidiots to get salt because they are always bitter I guess.

So Obingo is very strategic in distributing salt. That man na clown.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by successmatters(m): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
So, if I decide to share salt to my friends and print Obidient on it to let them know I love what Peter Obi is doing, is it Vote buying?

3 Likes

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by LegendHero(m): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
Wahala.

These guys just love sharing weird things to people in that Abia.

—Their governor first shared #500 to women
—The governor shared kerosene the other time
—Same governor shared Eba last time
—Now Peter Pandora is sharing salt.

It seems hunger dey wire them for that Abia o coz na food food them dey share.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by haffaze777(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
50 naira salt for billionaire

2 Likes

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by NigeriaIsGreat: 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2022
Realguyman1:
APC is a serious calamity that needs to be cleans out of Nigeria. Tinubu should never be allowed anywhere closed to aso rock, otherwise na japa go be Nigerians new national anthem.
Obi is the best repackaged fraud and monumental failure

Prof Chukwuma Soludo

2 Likes

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
grin when I say Obi will drop out of the race latest December, people don't understand.

A Nigerian presidential candidate not spending shishi how e wan win

Atiku is coming
Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by MaliCampus: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2022
trutharena:

There is need for Obiidiots to get salt because they are always bitter people.

So Peter Obingo is very strategic in distributing salt.
You are calling mynd4.4 cos u know he's ur fellow urchin. Hope you watched the video of stone and shovel flying around in APC jos rally when they refused to pay the people that came for the rally.RIP to the lawmaker that lost his life as a result of a Big stone that landed on his head.

1 Like

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by slivertongue: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
trutharena:

There is need for Obiidiots to get salt because they are always bitter I guess.

So Obingo is very strategic in distributing salt. That man na clown.

The Bible calls me sallt

1 Like

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by Realguyman1(m): 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Obi is the best repackaged fraud and monumental failure

Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Anything u like make u talk, that one na ur business. What is more important to the true and sensible Nigerians now is the calamity party called APC should not be allowed anywhere near aso rock ever again.
Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by naijapips04: 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
successmatters:
So, if I decide to share salt to my friends and print Obidient on it to let them know I love what Peter Obi is doing, is it Vote buying?

Yes it is. Share it without printing obingo on it. If it's APC logo on that salt, your mouth go sharp.
Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by Evanderbright: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ode.
You know see "obidatti for Oyo south"
Those are branded T-shirts from support groups.
Peter obi is coming to Oyo state.

Anybody reading this should please check the pictures well
Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by Naijanascam: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2022
Bring it on

Bring on the SALT .... ...not these expired two cups of garri grin

Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by Bluntguy: 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2022
Sowore's supporters should at least distribute something.
Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
successmatters:

You people are hell-bent on packaging a fraud as our messiah.

Can you swear that only Obidients got the politically packaged salt?
Re: Vote-buying: Peter Obi's Supporters Distribute Salt In Abia -saharareporters by Ikpaitid: 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2022
May they continue to labour in vain.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Reacts To Ineligible Registrants On Voter's Register / See True Love, Hear Sound Of Joy, He's The True Unifier, Calabar Shakes At Peter / Tinubu Commits Another Blunder In Lagos Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.