Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb (3352 Views)

I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / Iyabo To Obasanjo: If You Die, I Will Not Weep For You / Anybody Who Means Well For Nigeria Will Support Jonathan, Says IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by gfus: 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2011
Former military President Ibrahim Babangida on Wednesday said that he would embrace former President Olusegun Obasanjo if  both met.

“I will embrace him (Obasanjo) if he walks to the airport now,’’ Babangida said when reporters asked what he would do if Obasanjo walked into him at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport.

www.livenigeriapost.com/2011/08/24/i-will-embrace-obasanjo-if-we-meet-ibb/
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by Sunofgod(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
Embrace him with your suicide vest i beg . . . . grin
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by gfus: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2011
Laf  wan  disconnect  my  BIS  and  replace  am  with  Nokia 2Go ,   grin
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by DonJoey(m): 1:13am On Aug 25, 2011
I just dey look them dey laf,
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by Jettage: 1:33am On Aug 25, 2011
The public feud between former heads of state Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) and Olusegun Obasanjo (OBJ) is an occasion to reflect on the high price the Nigeria has paid for poor governance.

The two have been military colleagues since the Biafra War (1967-1970) and are an integral part of the patron-client system that runs Nigeria. IBB was the military chief of state for eight years, while OBJ was the military chief of state for three years and then the nominally civilian elected

president of Nigeria for an additional eight years. Within the Nigerian military, OBJ was senior to IBB, though both are four star retired generals. They are about the same age and both made their fortunes via the access that military power provides.

IBB used the occasion of his seventieth birthday to compare favorably his time in office to that of OBJ. More specifically, he said that OBJ had wasted some sixteen billion dollars on power projects. OBJ responded by calling IBB a fool, citing conflicting verses from proverbs about whether he should respond or not. (He chose to do so.)

IBB’s initial salvo surprised me because in the past he has said that public condemnation of a senior colleague violates good military discipline
Press commentators are having a field day, accusing both “big men” of pettiness, lack of decorum, and of suffering from an “embarrassing disdain for intellectual rigor.”

http://akinbami..com/2011/08/we-are-experts-at-deceiving-nigerians.html

Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by DDuke1: 1:37am On Aug 25, 2011
is not weda u wld embrace him dat matters o d question is wld he emrace u? it takes 2 to emrace o
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by HighChief4(m): 2:45am On Aug 25, 2011
^^^ ;d ;d ;d
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by kizito96(m): 3:27am On Aug 25, 2011
A bunch of ugly guys
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by lagcity(m): 5:42am On Aug 25, 2011
is IBB getting lighter skin or what? the guy just dey turn yellow pawpaw under our very eyes. look him hand like Igbo girl hand wink.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by chimauzo1(m): 7:12am On Aug 25, 2011
OBJ and IBB is truly destroying the image of this country.These are past leader who supose to be helping Jonathan in piloting the affairs of this nation,what is Nigeria really turning to?Anyway embracing themselves,i don't think that will solve the problem.Both of them should go and reconciie,not hugging eachother at the AIRPOT.OBJ and IBB is truly destroying the image of this country.These are past leader who supose to be helping Jonathan in piloting the affairs of this nation,what is Nigeria really turning to?Anyway embracing themselves,i don't think that will solve the problem.Both of them should go and reconciie,not hugging eachother at the AIRPOT.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by demoore1(m): 7:46am On Aug 25, 2011
GEJ is simply a really a weak Man, Why is he keeping quite wen these ugly monsters are tarnishing the image of his own country, Na waooooooo
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by Sagewood: 7:49am On Aug 25, 2011
Both idiotic leaders if they are worth their salt, they should be engaged in improving the society and the economy.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by hassymo5(m): 8:01am On Aug 25, 2011
kizito96:

A bunch of ugly guys

Bunch of rich guys who stole our wealth!!!!!
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by TenKobo1: 8:03am On Aug 25, 2011
Only fools and idiots like Kayode will follow this man to war.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by AlAnthony: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2011
These two men should be icon. People we look up to. Whatever the problem be, it should be resolved
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by marcus1234: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by blank(f): 8:39am On Aug 25, 2011
They can hug in HELL!!
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by 1luvkipsus: 8:41am On Aug 25, 2011
Embrace him for your failed attempt to rubbish him or as an apology?next time,be fully armed b4 starting a fight.u & ur handlers only succeeded in spoiling ur birthday.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by okadaman2: 8:47am On Aug 25, 2011
They are treating their embarassingly Stuuuuuupid squabble  the same way they treated Nigerians and the country;

No strong sense of conviction

No remorse

No serious position or ideological reason to their fight

Very shifty, self serving, crafty and total lack of will to fight for a cause

Comical unserious, unintelligent, disgraceful and shameless

No spine, no passion, totally warped moral compass

Nature owe Nigerians a big apology for dropping these Idioooots on our laps. Very tough luck. We suffer sha embarassed
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by Pukkah: 8:50am On Aug 25, 2011
Any wonder that Nigeria is like this given the quality of these two men who both ruled country for almost 20 years?  The only thing they are passionate about is their own selfish interest.

While Babangida remains a cunning fox, the only person that matters to OBJ is Obasanjo.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by 3direct: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2011
am nt commentn on dis!! am out
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by brixton: 11:08am On Aug 25, 2011
1luvkipsus:

Embrace him for your failed attempt to rubbish him or as an apology?next time,be fully armed b4 starting a fight.u & your handlers only succeeded in spoiling your birthday.

Im lovin baba OBJ even more,he replied IBB once and it sold quadruple platinum. Ibb can neva stand OBJ in all spheres of life
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by muhsin(m): 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
Who cares? grin
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by djustice: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
Even Fani-Kayode has reversed himself. He hasn't recanted the IBB/Dimka story though, even though that is a false recollection of history on his part. IBB was sent by Danjuma to ARREST Dimka at Radio Nigeria. He got there and started negotiating with the man so tay, bobo walked out of there scot free.

Danjuma was livid and had IBB detained and would have tried him as one of the coup plotters but for OBJ's intervention.

Fast forward to the 90s. IBB's unending "transition programme" got the country so wound up that he stepped aside, and Abacha stepped in, after the forgettable Shonekan interlude. OBJ ended up in Abacha's gulag as a result of IBB's maradonic behaviour that dribbled the entire nation into a corner.

IBB should shut the fu ck up, because if it were not for OBJ, they would have used him as example for Saddam, Mubarak and Gaddafi.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by executinal(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2011
How does it improve our Nation they destroyed? sad sad
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by oknee: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
Dt s d spirit.
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by Yinkay: 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
IBB should be careful of embracing OBJ ooo, he sometimes hang live tortoise under his agbada, it is not for nothing he is called Ebora Owu. shocked[url][/url]
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by nagoma(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
Will the question of the $16Billion be addressed or is it irrelevant, and shrouded in the smoke-screen of the bickering of the despots? our own Dear despots?
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by franko2: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
i trust OBJ is my man - e go headbutt u straight!! baba no get tym 4 ya 2face lying bullshyt abeg
Re: I Will Embrace Obasanjo If We Meet Says Ibb by kukulaja: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2011
WHO IS FOOLING WHO lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! / Fashola: Lagos Attained 89% Budget Performance In 2012 / Jonathan •says, ‘PDP Can’t Lose Any State If I Manipulate Election’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.