Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,735 members, 7,851,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S (20011 Views)

Woman Collapses, Dies In Mile 2, Lagos / WHO Names New COVID Variant Omicron, Designates It A Variant Of Concern / India And Not Nigeria Is The Worlds Capital Of Open Defecation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by FuckSilly: 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
TheManPregnant:

The funny thing here is that there are at least 5 public toilets located at mile 12. All are easily accessible and with a small token (I think 50 naira or so), one can easily gain entrance to use it.

I don't want to go the tribal route, but the local council has a lot to do in terms of sanitation in that area. The whole place stinks and more effort is needed to keep it clean on a daily basis.
You should please go into tribal route so that may be the misery and frustration of your life can be a little eased.

I don't just know why OSU pigs don't have SENSE... THERE'S A BIG REASON WHY THEY'RE CALLED OSU PIGS....
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by BABAawoo47: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tunagee:
Yorubas and dirtiness na 5 and 6.
Am a yoruba person for anybody's info.
you be mumu, which other sw state has open defecation like lagos...
Let's call spade spade, the route i know...Na aboki dey shit openly for express. It's not tribal, na bitter fact. Most don't even have shelter of dere own not to talk of toilet

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by umuna(m): 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
Richy4:

Instead of arresting them because they answered the call of nature, can't local government build a well functioning toilet facilities with borehole for males and females..

Employ cleaners that makes sure it's sparkling on a daily basis... At least that will create employment... Keeping a city clean is not really hard... A whole government of Lagos State surly can afford the budget of erecting toilet facilitiesembarassed

There is a functional toilet at Berger bus stop. Most of them don't want to pay for using the facility. #100 is a big money to those chaps.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
HolyMalaam:
The situation of this area can only better be imagined than felt

https://guardian.ng/news/maidan-fear-of-cholera-outbreak-looms-over-open-defecation-in-lagos-community/

This is very worrisome, I'm glad I did my final year project work on this particular topic.

Explaining the role/influence of the media on open defecation.

2 Likes

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by blueAgent(m): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
Sighs!!!!

open defecation in Our developed state ?grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Obaaderemi2: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
TheManPregnant:

The funny thing here is that there are at least 5 public toilets located at mile 12. All are easily accessible and with a small token (I think 50 naira or so), one can easily gain entrance to use it.

I don't want to go the tribal route, but the local council has a lot to do in terms of sanitation in that area. The whole place stinks and more effort is needed to keep it clean on a daily basis.
The Hausas dominate that area and are hard to enlighten.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by blueAgent(m): 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
symbianDON:
the last time I was in Lagos, I thought I was in Singapore...some of the streets are paved with 18 carat solid gold. Tinubu really developed Lagos o!

Comarade I see U grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Richy4(m): 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
umuna:

There is a functional toilet at Berger bus stop. Most of them don't want to pay for using the facility. #100 is a big money to those chaps.
But they are correct in my opinion. You can't tell an unemployed individual to pay for using a toilet...

It was supposed to be free for the citizens .. All the taxes and levies the local government or state government were getting, are they gonna get extremely rich because of the toilet levy?..

They are indeed the real reason the people were suffering and messing the whole places up..

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by blueAgent(m): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
So Trump was right,Lagos and Nigeria are SHITHOLES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by clockwisereport: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
A repeat of the great stink may happen in Nigeria
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by umuna(m): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
Richy4:

But they are correct in my opinion. You can't tell an unemployed individual to pay for using a toilet...

It was supposed to be free for the citizens .. All the taxes and levies the local government or state government were getting, are they gonna get extremely rich because of the toilet levy?..

They are indeed the real reason the people were suffering and messing the whole places up..

You and me know that anything that will benefit the common man on the streets, is a no no to those in government.

As you rightly pointed out, the government is the main issue here.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by SodiumValproate: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hendrixky:
Not only mile 12

The whole of lagos

Na only who never go lagos dey think say lagos na London

If you reach there you go see say the whole lagos na slum
Pepper go don grow for Lagos soil finish

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by JOemmy(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
What will it cost the local govt in that area to construct public toilets and boreholes for the poor people living in that area? What exactly are they using the federal allocations they collect every month for?

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Tycyborg(m): 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
It's good this post came from someone else than me before they will start crying blood on how much I hate Lagos.

Almost every corner in Lagos state has been converted to public toilet. Few days ago, I saw a mature man defecating along Ahmed Bello's way V.l of all places, now imagine what people living at the rural areas are facing

And the fault is from whom? Fed or state government or the people (Adult citizen behaving like animals)
Every tribe is in Lagos which means it's not about tribe but the mindset of an animal an average Nigerian is... If the so called overseas have citizens craping all over the place will the place be livable? When multitude are into something the government can only do little even in developed countries... How come usa haven't eradicated crack head citizens or drug abusive... It will only stop when the citizens are ready for the change... Simple
Which means you are filled with hatered nothing more

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
jhubril:
A racist fool just said somewhere that black people are incapable of living in a functional society. That statement hurts but it's the truth. C'mon only animals are known for open defecation.

What do you know?
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tycyborg:

And the fault is from whom? Fed or state government or the people (Adult citizen behaving like animals)
Every tribe is in Lagos which means it's not about tribe but the mindset of an animal an average Nigerian is... If the so called overseas have citizens craping all over the place will the place be livable? When multitude are into something the government can only do little even in developed countries... How come usa haven't eradicated crack head citizens or drug abusive... It will only stop when the citizens are ready for the change... Simple

Useless comparison

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
Richy4:

They will then say government is the people.....they always have reasons to furk up in every manner.

Worst part.... they're gonna judge too... heartless things they are.

2 Likes

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by CheapHomes1: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
Darkseid:
Going from Volks to Mile 2 everyday, na so so aboki nyash you go dey see. Even one lane close to that new Mile 2 station has been turned to full blown public toilet.

Don't go too far. Almost the whole oshodi railway tracks is a toilet

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Zetty177x: 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tinubu's Lagos

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Singlenhappy(f): 10:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hot Shit arrest
RestructureNig6:
This is done by immigrants from Ibadan
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by faceLAGOS: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
Since Lagos state is “no man’s land”, lots of people tend to do anyhow.

After all it’s not their land & hopefully they will return to their land in the future.
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by ChronicGp(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
From Mile 2 to Volks na gidan wanka.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by snowball11(m): 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
A state full of shit! undecided

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by DispatcherLagos: 11:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tycyborg:

Show me where I mentioned a particular tribe in my comment.
I see you already have the guilty conscience in you.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Serendip: 12:02am On Dec 31, 2022
Mandate2023:

If lagos start deporting ur families that r destitutes in lagos nw u will start complaining......the government is doing it's best but ur ppl won't stop coming into lagos even when dey don't have anything reasonable to do or where to stay..........

Can you see how foolish you are? If your grand parents and the people related to you are destitute and in disarray with ignobility, why assume that for people you do not know?

Your response has shown you are not civil and utter shame on the people and the community that brought you up.
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Mandate2023: 12:05am On Dec 31, 2022
Serendip:

Can you see how foolish you are? If your grand parents and the people related to you are destitute and in disarray with ignobility, why assume that for people you do not know?

Your response has shown you are not civil and utter shame on the people and the community that brought you up.

May u and ur destitute family rot in he*l
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Serendip: 12:07am On Dec 31, 2022
Mandate2023:

We are not candidates of hell over here.

But since that is your mindset, then it shows your destiny. You have failed yourself
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Serendip: 12:13am On Dec 31, 2022
Mandate2023:

Very uncouth idiot. if you look deeply within with patience and sure you will absolutely agree with me that you are a constant disappointment to the hopeless people who thought they had you as a child.

I don’t give up on people so I believe it’s not too late for you to get educated and I mean real civil and social education and maybe things would turn around for you.
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Mandate2023: 12:39am On Dec 31, 2022
Serendip:

Very uncouth idiot. if you look deeply within with patience and sure you will absolutely agree with me that you are a constant disappointment to the hopeless people who thought they had you as a child.

I don’t give up on people so I believe it’s not too late for you to get educated and I mean real civil and social education and maybe things would turn around for you.

Hw many times do I have to repeat myself to u basta*d.........u son of a destitute, go to he*l grin grin

Don't start what u can't finish stupid basta*d destitute...u started it so stop crying
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by Litmus: 4:00am On Dec 31, 2022
1Sharon:

It's not about toilets, it's about the people.

Because its mainly men that defecate in public.

Wow, fresh observation. Amazing observation actually. Why is it you won't find women deficating in public? shocked

I guess people will say they shit more discreetly in public smiley

If women - and it seems more of them trade in Lagos public spaces - don't defecate in public then the relevant infrastructural deficits can't be theory why Lagos and other cities suffer these antisocial acts.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by 1Sharon(f): 4:44am On Dec 31, 2022
Litmus:

Wow, fresh observation. Amazing observation actually. Why is it you won't find women deficating in public? shocked

I guess people will say they shit more discreetly in public smiley

If women - and it seems more of them trade in Lagos public spaces - don't defecate in public then the relevant infrastructural deficits can't be theory why Lagos and other cities suffer these antisocial acts.

I'd say its because women as a whole feel embarrassment more/it's not ladylike.

And then again people are vulnerable when taking a dump and for women we'd be extra vulnerable and fear we'd be ambushed.
Re: Open Defecation: A Source Of Concern To People Living In Mile 12 Area Of Lagos S by MarxisGLABACK: 4:51am On Dec 31, 2022
THIS IS NOT LAGOS THIS MUST BE SOMEWHERE IN DUBAI , EMILOKAN HAS SINGLE - HANDEDLY BUILT LAGOS 4HIMSELF, TO WORLD CLASS STANDARD. GO UR VILAGE , GO UR VILLAGE , LEAVE LAGOS , OR WE GO SELL ALL UR PROPERTIES , ALL OUR AGBEROS ARE IN ALL THE BUSTOPS FROM POLL 2 POLL , WE ARE GOING TO RECRUIT MORE 30MILLION AGBEROS, INTO LAGOS , WHAT THEY WILL EAT IS AGBADO, CASSAVA, AND EWA MORNING, AFTERNOON & NIGHT. THIS IS 4 A MORE EFFICIENT & STRESS FREE TANPORT IN LAGOS. THEY WILL WEAR OUR UNIFORMS. PAY UR MONEY OR LEAVE LAGOS OR WE BREAK UR SIDE MIRROR, OR WE SELL UR CAR @ AUCTION MARKET.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Birth Control Methods Pros And Cons Of Each Method / Severe Headache / Roles Of Onion In Men Infertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.