Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,417 members, 7,861,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48324 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
edoairways:

You are one twisting things because of hatred for pastors
I have not twisted a single thing here. The Lady neither mentioned having an actual belief in God nor the name of Jesus Christ in her story. You and your Ilk are instead those running around asserting Jesus Christ's standard against her, the same standard you refuse to employ against your own pastors.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I have not twisted a single thing here. The Lady neither mentioned having an actual belief in God nor the name of Jesus Christ in her story. You and your Ilk are instead those running around asserting Jesus Christ's standard against her, the same standard you refuse to employ against your own pastors.. undecided
God's standard is what I used. God is not a respecter of anyone ( He doesn't show favourism at all). He has several ways to punish his servants ( pastors)when they err . Are you aware that pastors pay tithe?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2022
edoairways:

God's standard is what I used. God is not a respecter of anyone ( He doesn't show favourism at all). He has several ways to punish his servants ( pastors)when they err . Are you aware that pastors pay tithe?
LOL... oh, so now God is the problem? The woman is not also God's servant hence the reason why you raise Jesus Christ as a standard against her but not your pastors? grin

Your pastors pay tithe and that somehow makes it God's business? I don't follow at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Pinkyposh(f): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2022
omonnakoda:
Do not go around telling lies and making false biblical claims
Let those who have ears hear
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by bezimo(m): 1:10am On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
For those who tithe... Tithing, in addition to the Temple tax, was part of the Old Covenant Tax System set up by God for the children of Israel. undecided

Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. undecided

You are however commanded to pay your taxes to the Government --- you don't pay taxes to the government in the name of Jesus Christ. undecided

So, my reason for not paying tithe is simple, I value my Son of God status more than I value anything else. undecided

Today is sunday and in church I paid tithe today based on my convictions. My money my decision.. your useless opinion notwithstanding.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Nov 21, 2022
bezimo:
Today is sunday and in church I paid tithe today based on my convictions. My money my decision.. your useless opinion notwithstanding.
It's a free world and God does not stop those who chose to sin instead! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by mechanics(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2022
erico2k2:

where did it say the church? it clearly states the Levites. what bible do you read??
Malachi 3:10 (KJV) Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
mechanics:
Malachi 3:10 (KJV) Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
as U can see.money was not mentioned
PS.Money was in use then cos someone said silver or gold I have none but what I have I give unto thee.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Dangig: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
A better use of her money. The Bible sanctions that as an acceptable way to worship God.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Oluaje(m): 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ instead said you should obey Him not follow the pattern of men. It is because men follow the pattern of other men - their mentors, pastors and mogs - that we have the problem called religion in Nigeria as it exists today. undecided
It's not men pattern Mathews 25:35 downward it's an eye opener to this.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2022
Oluaje:

It's not men pattern Mathews 25:35 downward it's an eye opener to this.
I am afraid I don't follow at all. undecided

If you carefully examine the context of Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46, you will see that it has no bearing to this here conversation as that passage speaks only of those who are of the Kingdom of God. undecided

This woman only indicate that she attends the churches of men, and makes mention of having a pastor over her but not Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
LOL... oh, so now God is the problem? The woman is not also God's servant hence the reason why you raise Jesus Christ as a standard against her but not your pastors? grin

Your pastors pay tithe and that somehow makes it God's business? I don't follow at all. undecided
Ignorance is a disease, you just choose to believe everything you see on social media
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
edoairways:

Ignorance is a disease, you just choose to believe everything you see on social media
Another attempt to deviate from the issues pointed out I see. undecided

So tithing being sin against God is of social media and not of scripture where Jesus Christ Himself pointed out that Sons of God - children of the King - do not pay taxes/tithes to the King - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 27 - instead is the people that do so?, undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Another attempt to deviate from the issues pointed out I see. undecided
Am not deviating from the issue rather telling you what you think. You already have stereotyped view about church, pastors and Christians in general.

So tithing being sin against God is of social media and not of scripture where Jesus Christ Himself pointed out that Sons of God - children of the King - do not pay taxes/tithes to the King - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 27 - instead is the people that do so

The bible verse you quoted refers to obedience to authorities not tithing. In this case, it involves payment of temple tax.
The collectors of the temple tax ask Peter whether Jesus pays tax. Jesus, knowing of this conversation, asks Peter, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do kings of the earth take toll or tribute? From their children or from others?” Peter answers, “From others.” Jesus responds, “Then the children are free. However, so that we do not give offense to them, go to the sea and cast a hook; take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find a coin; take that and give it to them for you and me.”
Now how does this even relate to tithing in the first place?.
?, undecided
Jesus Christ never for once condemned tithing
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
edoairways:
Jesus Christ never for once condemned tithing
That isn't true at all. undecided

Tithing, offering, vows, sacrifice, etc. Where all of them designed as part of the Tax system in the Old Covenant Law of Moses, the National Constitution God gave to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Israel. So when Jesus Christ explained that only the people pay taxes, not the children of the King, in the name of the King, those who have understanding of God’s Laws immediately know what He was speaking of. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That isn't true at all. undecided

Tithing, offering, vows, sacrifice, etc. Where all of them designed as part of the Tax system in the Old Covenant Law of Moses, the National Constitution God gave to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Israel. So when Jesus Christ explained that only the people pay taxes, not the children of the King, in the name of the King, those who have understanding of God’s Laws immediately know what He was speaking of. undecided
But woe to you Pharisees! For you pay tithe of mint and rue and every kind of garden herb, and yet disregard justice and the love of God; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.” (LUKE 11:42 NASB). Here Jesus Christ endorsed tithing with full chest.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
edoairways:
But woe to you Pharisees! For you pay tithe of mint and rue and every kind of garden herb, and yet disregard justice and the love of God; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.” (LUKE 11:42 NASB). Here Jesus Christ endorsed tithing with full chest.
I see language comprehension is lacking there. undecided

God's Law requires no endorsement of any kind, even from Jesus Christ as it is the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Kingdom of Canaan, the very Law on which the Nation was founded by God - God's Will in Israel. And Jesus Christ Himself, a Jew in the land, lived His Life in submission to and obedience to said Law in order to fulfill it much as other Jews were already required to. God made it abundantly clear in His declaration that the Law was an agreement that He made only with those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins hence the reason why Jesus Christ came to give His followers a new yoke and burden to bear - a different covenant for a different land, the Kingdom of God - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 - a New Law. undecided

What Jesus Christ pointed out there in that verse which you quote with abandon is that no man has the authority to cherry-pick when it concerns God's Law. God's Law is all-or-nothing - meaning you are to obey every single commandment and teaching, without neglecting any. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I see language comprehension is lacking there. undecided

God's Law requires no endorsement of any kind, even from Jesus Christ as it is the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Kingdom of Canaan, the very Law on which the Nation was founded by God - God's Will in Israel. And Jesus Christ Himself, a Jew in the land, lived His Life in submission to and obedience to said Law in order to fulfill it much as other Jews were already required to. God made it abundantly clear in His declaration that the Law was an agreement that He made only with those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins hence the reason why Jesus Christ came to give His followers a new yoke and burden to bear - a different covenant for a different land, the Kingdom of God - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 - a New Law. undecided

What Jesus Christ pointed out there in that verse which you quote with abandon is that no man has the authority to cherry-pick when it concerns God's Law. God's Law is all-or-nothing - meaning you are to obey every single commandment and teaching, without neglecting any. undecided
That is not true. The bible verse you quoted is out of context infact out of point
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2022
edoairways:
1. That is not true.
2. The bible verse you quoted is out of context infact out of point
1. What is not true? undecided

2. Care to explain to us how the passage below is out-of-context and out of point? undecided
28 “Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest.
29 Accept my teaching. Learn from me. I am gentle and humble in spirit. And you will be able to get some rest.
30 Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy. The load I give you to carry is light.” - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 7:22am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. What is not true? undecided

2. Care to explain to us how the passage below is out-of-context and out of point? undecided
This verse has nothing to do with tithing at all. You just quote on verse from the bible that you don't understand
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:03am On Nov 22, 2022
edoairways:

This verse has nothing to do with tithing at all. You just quote on verse from the bible that you don't understand
Again... I see language comprehension is lacking there. undecided

28 “Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest.
29 Accept my teaching. Learn from me. I am gentle and humble in spirit. And you will be able to get some rest.
30 Yes, the teaching that I ask you to accept is easy. The load I give you to carry is light.” - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30
What Jesus Christ pointed out there in that verse which you quoted with abandon from Luke 11 vs 42 is that no man has the authority to cherry-pick when it concerns God's Law.
But woe to you Pharisees! For you pay tithe of mint and rue and every kind of garden herb, and yet disregard justice and the love of God; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.” (LUKE 11:42 NASB)
God's Law is all-or-nothing - meaning you are to obey every single commandment and teaching, without neglecting any. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by edoairways: 11:28am On Nov 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again... I see language comprehension is lacking there. undecided

What Jesus Christ pointed out there in that verse which you quoted with abandon from Luke 11 vs 42 is that no man has the authority to cherry-pick when it concerns God's Law.
God's Law is all-or-nothing - meaning you are to obey every single commandment and teaching, without neglecting any. undecided
Mr man you talking out of point
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2022
edoairways:

Mr man you talking out of point
Wow... I see that the comprehension barrier is real indeed. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by mechanics(m): 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2022
erico2k2:

as U can see.money was not mentioned
PS.Money was in use then cos someone said silver or gold I have none but what I have I give unto thee.
I rest my case, practice what pleases you.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by erico2k2(m): 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
mechanics:
I rest my case, practice what pleases you.
OK
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by grandstar(m): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2023
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

MODIFIED

People quoting bible for me and/or asking me where what I said is in the Bible don't even pay tithe or help the needy grin.

I'm not dragging anything with anybody. That one no consign me. I no get strength for epistles . Yall just like quoting the verses that best suit you. cheesy

Get this, whether you build 100 houses for people without paying your tithe, God is still gonna question you. He's ways are not ours.

As far as I'm concerned, that "kind" lady ate her 90% and used God's 10% to build house for some body.

You can do whatever you want with 90% such as giving, building etc.
... But 10 is for God. Even if most "men of God" mismanage this funds, that's between them and Him.

Are you aware that the word "tithe" does not even appear in the Christian Greek scriptures or Greek scriptures? It was for the Israelites who were under the Mosaic Law.

Christians are not under the Mosaic law. Christ ransom brought an end to the Law. We are now under the Law of the Christ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Fire Accident At Cairo's Coptic Church. 41 Dead, 14 Injured (photos) / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.