Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow (48326 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / Nigerian Pastor Uses The F-Word In Church While Preaching / Church Uses A Couple's Pre-Wedding Photo As Banner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!
Stop dragging God's name into the mess that is your pastors and mogs. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
kals4luv990:
she has disobeyed..the bible clearly states we should bring our one-tenth into his house
Anything outside that ain't tithe ni

I'm sure your God will disagree about the disobedience you're screaming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by CheapHomes1: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

Not building houses with His 10% grin

Deuteronomy 14:28-29

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Christistruth00: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:
I'm no pastor...but things like this sha. Its a nice gesture, very good and commendable.

But people just think they are wise- wiser than God even. Baba say bring 1/10 to my household and keep 9 and do whatever you please with it.

The New Testament did not force anyone to pay tithes it says God Loves a Cheerful giver

The Woman is a Cheerful giver

2 Cor 9 :7

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omojeesu(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
Give to the Church don't call it tithe.

You give because you love God.

You give because you want to support the work of God.

You give to support the servants of God & their families, especially missionaries.

While you GIVE ALSO TO OTHERS ESPECIALLY THE POOR & OTHER VULNERABLE PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by HilcomTech(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

Show us a reference in the Bible
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by wiseone28: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good woman..
This is what Jesus advice us on.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

She is actually wiser than those of you who fund the Kingdoms of your pastors and mogs here on earth in your foolishness! undecided

God no send una pay tithes yet in ignorance you submit yourselves foolishly to serve the whims of men who hide their wickedness using the name of God. God has nothing to do with your choice of ignorance. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by wiseone28: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good woman..
This is what Jesus advice us on.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:
U stopped giving tithe only to use the money for something else and showing it off like Pharisees and scribes Jesus warned u not be behave like......sigh!!!!

Gerrout.

This is the new wave.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Not everyone must give tithes.
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
There is NOTHING in the doctrine of Christianity ANYWHERE in the bible that makes it compulsory for Christians to pay tithes

There is nothing to argue here

Just supply the Scripture.

Tithes is a a very clear instruction in the OLd Testament relating to the agricultural produce from the PROMISED land

It has nothing to do with earnings from non agricultural activity and nothing to do with Gentiles or Christians
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by HomeTutorsPro: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Tithing is an old testament practice.
Christianity does not include tithing.
Pastors imported tithing from the old testament and even use Mal. 3:8 to threaten their followers.
Whenever I read anything from Genesis to Malachi, I do so just to know what happened before redemption.
If I want to be follow the old Jewish religion, I'll pay tithes, give first fruits and burnt offerings.
A Christian is like Christ.
Argue with your big nyashed neighbour's daughter.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop dragging God's name into the mess that is your pastors and mogs. undecided

What is this one saying now?? U comments are becoming stale......
Everything everyone says is from pastors... Abeg clear off my mentions with your I know it all behavior all the time
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Slurity(m): 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

Tithing instruction is in old testament, while marrying just 1 wife is in New testament. We Christians went to Old Testament to pick doctrine of tithing and come back to New Testament to pick marriage just one wife. Why not practice the marriage of plenty wives in old testament too. Christianity is all about leaving like Christ. Have you ever read in the bible that Jesus ever pay tithe or any of the disciples?

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Snitch24(m): 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

His house you say
Lmao
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
QuickStandard:
Quiet joor. what are you spewing

Please clear off..if u don't know
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
MufasaLion:

I'm not the reason you are an orphan, hence the reason you lack manners, unloved, lack intelligence and poor! Get out of your miserable and unfortunate life before qouting me next time. And, oh, don't bother to quote me because I won't respond to your dumb self again.

You're nothing but a retärded product of incest.

E pain am
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by MufasaLion: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
omojeesu:
Give to the Church don't call it tithe.

You give because you love God.

You give because you want to support the work of God.

You give to support the servants of God & their families, especially missionaries.

While you GIVE ALSO TO OTHERS ESPECIALLY THE POOR & OTHER VULNERABLE PEOPLE.

Only gullible people will keep funding the businessmen you call pastors by paying tithe and offerings. Your god of men should get their ass up and go work!
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
RenerdLiam:

Because someone said it is bad doesn’t mean it will always be bad.

The result of saying it far outweighs any condemnation. Someone like me now has been encouraged to do same if talk say I be church goer.

But any churchgoer can emulate her.

Okay .if u see it that way.....I see it as show off
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by omonnakoda: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Deuteronomy 14:28-29

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.
Very clear instruction about Agricultural produce. Every 3 years

It does not require Oloshos to pay tithes
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
Roboto11:

Gerrout.

This is the new wave.

Clear off man....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Christistruth00: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

But if David Oyedepo was showing off his fourth Jet Plane bought with tithes and offerings you would

Say he did nothing wrong

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
But if you claim to be a Christian the Bible makes it compulsory for you. Whether tithe money is misappropriated by men who claim to be God sent is irrelevant, if you don't trust your pastor then switch your place of worship.
Nowhere in scripture is that which you claim found. As a matter of fact, Jesus Christ warned His followers against psychological if tithes citing that they deny themselves sonship by participating in such ritual - Matthew 17 vs 34 - 37. undecided

Your pastors and mogs - the very false prophets and false teachers - thieves Jesus Christ warned you to steer clear of are here to steal from you, kill the fat of you and destroy the flock of God , so your choice to fund their campaign against God also damns you. undecided
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by ttoyetade: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:
It's a nice gesture to take care of the weak, widows and other less privileged ones among us. For this I highly commend her selfless act.

But if my debtor uses the money she's owing me to feed the poor, I will get her arrested and charged to court. It doesn't matter how rich I am.

The same thing will probably happen if you refuse to pay your taxes because you are using the money to take care of the poor.

Thank you so much. Very comprehensive response.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by phorget(m): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
DaInferno:

Support your assertion with a quote from the new testament please.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Roboto11: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Clear off man....

This is what the new generation would do.

Let's see if you can manipulate them.
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Mrbenny001: 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:

I'm not against paying thithe...but can you mention in the Bible where it is compulsory to pay thithe
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lereinter(m): 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:

I'm not sure the Bible makes it compulsory for Christians

There are many things God instructed the Israelites that's not a practice for Christians

But your analogy answers it
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by advanceDNA: 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
Christistruth00:

But if David Oyedepo was showing off his fourth Jet Plane bought with tithes and offerings you would

Say he did nothing wrong

If David gives and shows it off....he is wrong too....it is clearly in the bible not to blow trumpet of ur giving....if the person no be christian I won't make this comment.....
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by lookingfly: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:

can you show just one verse in the bible that say to tithe is compulsory?
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
She finally understoid the message of Jesus. He wanted us to love one another and He believed through loving we would naturally be helping one another before the con men hijacked the message, twisted it to enrich themselves BUT only at the expenses of those who can't think for themselves. But this woman broke through the shadows of brainwashing to make Christianity a worthy religion
Re: Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow by Authoreety: 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
thesicilian:

LAST CARD......

CHECK UP!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fire Accident At Cairo's Coptic Church. 41 Dead, 14 Injured (photos) / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.