Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt (4834 Views)

Left Over Onions Are Poisonous / 10 Most Poisonous Food We Love To Eat / Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by OAM4J: 4:52am On Aug 25, 2011
[size=13pt]Poisonous beans scare in Port Harcourt[/size]

BY GEORGE ONAH

Port Harcourt – Consumers of beans in Rivers State are scared of buying the food item in the markets because of alleged “rumour” in the state that Boko Haram had brought contaminated bags of the commodity that would lead to massive deaths when consumed.

Although the State Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr. Emmanuel Chinda has told the public to ignore the text messages warning people not to buy beans in the markets, Vanguard gathered, yesterday, that many consumers of beans are not taking the rumour lightly as they do not want to be used as guinea pigs in the Boko Haram beans scare.

Chinda, however, told those who have proof of the poisoned beans in Rivers markets to “come with the beans”. He said neither the Rivers people nor state government has any quarrel with Boko Haram, and as such they have no business wanting to kill people in the state.

One of the text message read “urgent, don’t eat beans for now. Boko Haram has poisoned beans sent to Port Harcourt markets, tell others”. The commissioner said the messages were the “handiwork of detractors and mischief makers”.

At the mile one market, a trader on the commodity simply called Musa said “we cannot sell poisoned beans because it could be traced back to us and you know the consequences of such”, acknowledging that he was aware of the text messages.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/poisonous-beans-scare-in-port-harcourt/
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by stagger: 6:00am On Aug 25, 2011
The ignorance of our people knows no bounds.
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 25, 2011
poisoned beans? i just laugh. i'm cooking a full pot this morning oh.
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 25, 2011
babaearly:

poisoned beans? i just laugh. i'm cooking a full pot this morning oh.
then u beta write ur WILL and say ur last prayers! Are u a lab rat?
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 25, 2011
@Boyloaf

i ate some beans two days back, and havent stopped. dont worry i'll let you know later on how sweet the food was.
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by agitator: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2011
Family of 6 died and 11 others hospitalised in Yola after eating poisoned beans. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Digriz(m): 7:24am On Aug 25, 2011
babaearly:

@Boyloaf

i ate some beans two days back, and havent stopped. dont worry i'll let you know later on how sweet the food was.
wen u are six foot under or wen u are in d morgue?
U cn abstain frm it nw til further notice, dnt be a sacrificial lamb.
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by agitator: 7:51am On Aug 25, 2011
Boyloaf:

then u beta write your WILL and say your last prayers! Are u a lab rat?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by sadyeek(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2011
Now, will someone tell me why BH would want to do something like this??
Even In maiduguri that they have home advantage, they don't hardly kill normal people. They mostly go after politicians and police, even military I don't think they target. Talk more of normal people in far far PH that are hundreds of KM away and have no issues with them,

Let's take a minute and analyse,

Just my own thought sha.
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by socialkc: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2011
This iz jst a rumour and ntn more, i ate beans lst nit, and wil eat beans 2dae.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by marcus1234: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by 3direct: 8:48am On Aug 25, 2011
That food call beans! i don't know y ppl eat it, am sorry for ppl that love it
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2011
Two things I buy from northers are Beans and Weed!!

One of my boys stopped buying from our northern dealer because he felt they could just as well taint our ish and kill us, Its just plain paranoia, If we are to run from the food brought from the north, ppl wld end up eating only canned food and spaghetti,

I ate beans 2 nights ago and it was good, I serzly doubt them Boko boys are that diabolical as to poison the people,
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by ficoram(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2011
CAUTION,We must take caution.My suggestion would be dat any family dat can do wtout eating beans should buy it in bulk,cook it and serve it to ur chicken or a white rat.wait for atleast 3 days and see result. cool cool cool
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by pawa4ul: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2011
I am a PH resident. Even though I am not insinuating a reality of this rumour, we all have to tread with caution. Our beans got finished in the house and we had to go buy just a little amout to cook on Saturday 21st August. I ate the beans and really had a very terrible experience. My whole system was not the same after 4hrs of consumption and this whole experience lasted almost all night long.
It did not occur to me that it could have resulted from my consumption of beans that day, until I started hearing this rumours. Scientifically, I was thinking it could have been from the preservative used to preserve the beans that was much, hence the reaction. However, I advice we tread with caution when we hear rumours. Like the journalist said, let us not be the experimental class. What I expect from the state commisioners of health and that of Agriculture is to take a reasonable qty of random sampling of the recent beans product in the market and send in for research.
I rest my case
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by DeepSoul(f): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2011

^^ If you had really consumed the poisonous beans, you wouldn't be replying this post right now.

What's with all these rumours? Those who claim it's true should come forward with a sample
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2011
Deep Soul:

^^ If you had really consumed the poisonous beans, you wouldn't be replying this post right now.

What's with all these rumours? Those who claim it's true should come forward with a sample

Someone told me u know how to play internet scrabble, i wil like to play with you.

@ Topic, Lord help Us
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by AhmedAfeez(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2011
don't mind those foolish texters,had it been the beans is poisonous,i must have dead by now,My naija people pls continue eating the highly proteinous food jare.ODABO
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by rhymz(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2011
Heard that stuff on monday in lagos at work from a coleague. Funny enough, I had beans and bread yesterday, still dey consider am again today sef, but i no wan be anybody guines pig o, it does not mean one should not be careful o, state commissioner dey jones himself, does he think dem boko boys need reasons to kill anyone?
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Evans5050: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2011
CHEAP WAYS OF CRASHING PRICE OF BEANS

WELL NOT ALL THAT BAD IDEAL
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by chardino(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2011
Through is that one jst have to be kiaful, no body knows the truth if they did it or not
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by 3kay945(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2011
which ever ways, i cease eating beans for now. afterall its not the only source of proteins grin grin
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by born2boink(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2011
Die time,Goodluck to Nigerians going to heaven or hell
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by lawenjins(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2011
Not to know is bad, Not to wish to know is worse,
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by kizito96(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2011
It is impossible. what the beans goes through on fire cannot stand any poison.
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2011
kizito96:

It is impossible. what the beans goes through on fire cannot stand any poison.
u r deceivin urself youngman!
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2011
It kind of interest me to know that there are people who still eat beans. Are u people for real or just kidding?
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2011
yorke:

It kind of interest me to know that there are people who still eat beans. Are u people for real or just kidding?
my friend GO AND SIT DOWN! U come nairaland dey form one tin- one-tin!!!
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by Abium: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2011
One nids 2 b careful dis days bt has it been confirmed dat d Boko Harams re behinde ds killings
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by agitator: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2011
the info is on new consignment and people are talking of old. do you think the market sellers start to sell new consignment or they finish the old consignment and move on to the new?
Re: Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt by muhsin(m): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2011
Is this the first time we heard of this rumour?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disposable Paper Cups With Lids / WE SHARE FLYERS & DISTRIBUTE LEAFLETS IN LAGOS, NIGERIA / Hausa, Ibo Or Yoruba: Which Tribe Has The Best Delicacies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.