Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? (15067 Views)

What Kind Of Friend Are You? / Can One Use Glo Or Mtn To Browse The Internet / What Kind Of Tree Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by armyofone(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
STOP animal abuse and cruelty. if you have one, make sure he has his own place, clean water and food daily. treat him/her like you would any member of your family. get an alarm for your home and not Dog. His responsibility should be to call you when there is an intruder.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Kayordey: 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
, male adult boerbeol.1year7month. Forsale, cal me on 08020302112.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by MrCork17: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
Use any dog Called: BINGO!!! they usually bark loud wink
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by kokoye(m): 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2011
The breed does not matter as far as Ondo and Calabar people are consigned

All na correct meat for soup grin
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by SisiKill1: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2011
kokoye:

The breed does not matter as far as Ondo and Calabar people are consigned

All na correct meat for soup grin
Crap! You so wrong for this!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by frenchman2: 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
German Shepherd - very vocal breed, intelligent. easily trained.
cost 40-150k depending on breeder/source

Rotweiller- known for its aggression. Not recommended for anybody who has no experience in keeping a dog.
cost 80-150k

Boerboel, also called south african mastiff- big, muscular breed. very good guard/security.
cost 100-150k

Russian shepherd also called caucasian. if you're looking for size and aggression this is the dog.
but require lots of grooming because of its long thick hairs.
cost 150 and above
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by kokoye(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Crap! You so wrong for this!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ive seen it happen no ojare.

They killed a security dog right in my view and salivated along while screaming 'Udeeeee' I believe that means dog meat in calabar
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by nethacker(m): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
frenchman2:

Rotweiller- known for its aggression. Not recommended for anybody who has no experience in keeping a dog.
cost 80-150k

Boerboel, also called south african mastiff- big, muscular breed. very good guard/security.
cost 100-150k

Russian shepherd also called caucasian. if you're looking for size and aggression this is the dog.
cost 150 and above

@d bolded, i prefer russian shepherd to german shepherd cos of its intelligence and concentrated aggression
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by mbulela: 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2011
A south Aafrican Bull Mastiff.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by forkadict(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
frenchman2:

cost 80-150k

cost 100-150k

cost 150 and above

Very insightful and informative piece. Thanks. If i may ask are you a vet doc? Or you just got to know all these from experience with dogs?
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
Alsatian or Rottweiler!
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by strongguy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
why dont you use bingo smiley wink cheesy sad tongue undecided
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Kgdavid(m): 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2011
it pretty much depends on what sort of security you want from your dog, are you lokking for a dog that will merely bark fiercly thus keeping the intruder at bay as well as alerting you to the threat or one that will chew an intruder to bits no questions asked? well the perfect jack of all trades would be the german shepherd, great with family members, very intelligent and a nightmare for intruders.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
Pittbull is the best K9 alive
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by veron007: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
Get ekuke, they are the best grin
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Rastamann: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
German Shepherd or Rottweiler

German Shepherd very good though expensive.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
Get a bull mastiff, expensive dog to maintain though
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
try my dog

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
I have an Anatolian/Syberian husky Mix
very loyal to the owner and no body dey try near my backyard(where his dog run is)the only time he allows strangers in the house is if i am with them and i introduce them,if dem come sollow,wetin dem see make dem handle am

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2011
milehigh06:

I have an Anatolian/Syberian husky Mix very loyal to the owner and no body dey try near my backyard(where his dog run is)the only time he allows strangers in the house is if i am with them and i introduce them,if dem come sollow,wetin dem see make dem handle am

I hate dogs that behave in that manner, I can't remember the number of dogs I have either blinded, killed or broken their spine for coming at me like a wild animal
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
blink182:

I hate dogs that behave in that manner, I can't remember the number of dogs I have either blinded, killed or broken their spine for coming at me like a wild animal
on the streets,he is the friendliest dog ever but in my house,u come alone into my back yard,then u have just yourself to blame
in the houe i have a crazy long haired chihuahua which belongs to my wife,cant stand him(the dog)hes a lil psycho
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2011
milehigh06:

on the streets,he is the friendliest dog ever but in my house,u come alone into my back yard,then u have just yourself to blame
in the houe i have a crazy long haired chihuahua which belongs to my wife,cant stand him(the dog)hes a lil psycho
Except that
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Natasha2(f): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2011
Rottweilers are the best security dogs followed by Boerboel I will advice to get either of them or better still the both!! cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
Rhodesian Ridgeback, Used for hunting Lions in South Africa

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by IYANGBALI: 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
bingo or tiger would do
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by r231(m): 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2011
Don't show your face at my door grin grin grin

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Allwell(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2011
Here's my pick of  guard dogs:
1. Pit bulls
2. German shepherds
3. Rottweilers
4. Wolf -dog hybrids
5. Doberman pinscher
6. Alaskan malamutes.

Don't mess with No. 1. It could be fatal. No. 6 can double as a guard and pet dog. It's good with the family.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by nakita(f): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2011
@poster you can use fat dog mendoza, haha just jokin
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by jerryben12: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
Mad dog with rabis
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by DrDre1(m): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
OP
German shepards are good if U are a first timer. They very intelligent and loyal. Can be friendly but it depends on how U train them. Won't recommend a Pitbull/Rot if U have kids around. I've got a Dobber-Alsatian and a mix of white alsatian + regular one. They are very good guard dogs and don't spare any intruder (human or animal) cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by DOnly1(m): 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2011
It's nice you decided 2 speak out b4 buying, part of some other things that matter about acquiring a dog breed for protection is that:
1. Not all guard dogs are good for first time dog owners especially when you have little children.
2. Properly define d extent of security you want a dog 2 provide for you (is it alert/watch dog, guard dog or personal protection/attack dog)
3. Guard dogs are high-energy dogs & need their strength to be properly managed & channeled right. You must train your dog, so you (your dog) don't bite more than you(the owner) can chew (Adage).

For cheap & standard dog obedience and protection & detection training, consultancy or further enquiry, Call me -DEMOLA on 08072721872-08072721872-

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biography Of Babajide Sanwo-olu And His Wife Dr Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-olu / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? / Ogun Speaker’s Wife Delivers Triplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.