Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease (1548 Views)

Ibrahim Yunusa Bature Detains & Starves His Wife, Sadiya For One Year (Photo) / Wife Cries As Her Husband Starves Her Of Sex For 4 Years / 'I Fall Ill Because My Husband Starves Me Of Sex' - Sex Starved Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12am On Nov 19, 2022
New York Toddler Starves to Death After Father Dies In Home of Heart Disease In 'Disturbing Scene'
By Nyamekye Daniel | November 18, 2022

Authorities say that a 2-year-old boy found dead in an apartment alongside his father starved to death shortly after his father died from natural causes.

Police discovered David Conde Sr., 59, and his son David Conde Jr.’s lifeless bodies in a bedroom in a “fairly clean and well-kept” upstate New York apartment in February.

David Conde Jr. and his father, David Conde Sr. (Photo: Facebook/ David Conde)

Reports show Ontario County Sheriff’s detectives spotted space heaters and initially suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in the home. However, officials said it would take weeks to months for toxicology results. The sheriff's office announced the findings of the report Monday.

Conde Sr. died because of cardiovascular disease.

"It is believed Mr. Conde passed away first, and the child was not able to obtain any nourishment after his father passed," the sheriff's office said in a news release.

Conde Jr. would've celebrated his third birthday on Oct. 29, according to his obituary. He was born with a medical condition and had recently learned to walk after several surgeries, casts and rehabilitation. His father had full custody, and the boy’s mother was not part of his life, according to reports.

Conde Sr., a Brooklyn native, shared several photos of his son’s medical journey on social media with warm messages. Neighbours said the pair would spend most of their time in the apartment but would occasionally be seen in and out.

Authorities went to the apartment in Geneva, New York, near Seneca Lake, after receiving a call from a concerned relative on Feb. 15 who had not heard from the father in several days. Ontario County Sheriff's Lt. David Cirencione said at a February press conference that the father and son had been seen or heard from over seven to 10 days.

"It was a very difficult scene for us to work, for all the first responders that had to go in there. This isn’t something we see every day. It’s not pleasant. It was a very disturbing scene," Cirencione said.

Cirencione said there were no signs of forced entry, and the doors were locked from the inside. Building staff had to unlock the doors for the deputies to gain access. There was food and clothes in the home for the child, reports show.

"This has been a tough one for all of us who worked it from day one," Cirencione reportedly wrote in an email to the Finger Lakes Times on Monday afternoon. "Once we ruled out carbon monoxide, we sadly knew this was a likely cause. This a very, very sad case."

Atlantablackstar

Authorities say that a 2-year-old boy found dead in an apartment alongside his father starved to death shortly after his father died from natural causes.

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by ShoeWorld2(m): 2:06am On Nov 19, 2022
Very bad and unfortunate news... Where is the mum?
It seems some people abroad are living a very lonely life.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by illicit(m): 2:10am On Nov 19, 2022
shocked
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by Emmanuel909090: 5:58am On Nov 19, 2022
This is exactly what the western world suffers, loneliness, OYO is everyone's case.

5 Likes

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by mardis: 6:10am On Nov 19, 2022
This is sad, please always interact with your neighbour they're your number one family member even though you might not be related. Stop forming i am minding my business and all that. As the say "no man is an island of his own"

6 Likes

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by Richy4(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2022
This is so sad but do you think an African kid would have survived the hunger until help comes,.
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by Sucre6: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2022
mardis:
This is sad, please always interact with your neighbour they're your number one family member even though you might not be related. Stop forming i am minding my business and all that. As the say "no man is an island of his own"

Exactly, your next door neighbor is your immediate family, this is really heart breaking, RIP to them cry

1 Like

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by Houseofglam7(f): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2022
May their souls Rest In Peace
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by Toratora: 6:54am On Nov 19, 2022
Reading this makes me sad.
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by BanevsJoker(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2022
ShoeWorld2:

Are you normal at all? Nobody will buy your lousy sneakers. How can you use this sad story to advertise your rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by ednut1(m): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2022
One of the ills of western world. Neighbours no send you, you family members too no send you. Even the child's mum self no send assuming it wasnt adoption.

1 Like

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by doggedfighter(f): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
Poor child ! What a way to die ! Starvation and thirst.

And it took 10 whole days to discover them !

This is one of the merits of the communal life we live here.

Neighbours wake up shouting greetings across the fence. grin

Neighbours downstairs throw greetings to the 4th floor. If there's no response, they will knock on the door.

Some in a bid to come ask or even beg for one thing or the other will discover there's a problem. That way help will come.

We traveled , stayed two days. Neighbours were calling to know when we're coming back.

Yes ,we like being in each others business but it can be alive saver .

Bright chimezie said in his song ' we don't just say good morning and walk away, we ask about your father, mother, children and every every grin grin

Rest on, beautiful people !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by Truvelisback(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
Oh! Lord, have mercy.

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by brain54(m): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2022
doggedfighter:
Poor child ! What a way to die ! Starvation and thirst.

This is one of the merits of the communal life we live here.

Neighbours wake up shouting greetings across the fence. grin

Neighbours downstairs throw greetings to the 4th floor. If there's no response, they will knock on the door.

Some in a bid to come ask or even begin for one thing or another will discover there's a problem. That way help will come.

We traveled , stayed two days. Neighbours were calling to know when we're coming back.

Bright chimezie said in his song ' we don't just say good morning and walk away, we ask about your father, mother, children and every every grin grin

Rest on, beautiful people !
Africans are gradually giving up their communal life in favor of western style “let me mind my business “
Sad! I think Africa can only grow and evolve if they stick to their original build or rather develop along these route instead of copy copy syndrome that seems to be the case. Look at china and other newly developing countries. They provide and build their solutions to problems that suit their perculiarities rather than copy and paste solutions.

Sadly our copy and paste syndrome will increase.

A neighbor close by is better than a brother far away- Africa saying.

Rest In Peace to the dead.

3 Likes

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2022
brain54:

Africans are gradually giving up their communal life in favor of western style “let me mind my business “
Sad! I think Africa can only grow and evolve if they stick to their original build or rather develop along these route instead of copy copy syndrome that seems to be the case. Look at china and other newly developing countries. They provide and build their solutions to problems that suit their perculiarities rather than copy and paste solutions.

Who told you that China is original in all their productions? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by doggedfighter(f): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2022
brain54:

Nicely said.
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by doggedfighter(f): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Who told you that China is original in all their production? undecided

Most of their productions suit their peculiarities.

The first China phone I saw my neighbour use back in the day made me think the producer of this phone made it for personal use. grin

It had some features that were.........

My neighbour swore then it's Chinese phone or nothing.

The days of Nokia !
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by brain54(m): 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
doggedfighter:

The first China phone I saw my neighbour use made me think this
He didn’t read to understand what I was saying…

I think he just hurriedly responded (and in a rude manner too)

1 Like

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by doggedfighter(f): 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
brain54:

Comprehension is a big issue these days .

I wonder if f schools still have comprehension passages and time these days.

1 Like

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2022
doggedfighter:

The first China phone I saw my neighbour use back in the day made me think the producer of this phone made it for personal use. grin

It had some features that were.........

My neighbour swore then it's Chinese phone or nothing.

The days of Nokia !

Cool, if that makes you happy. cool
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
brain54:

Shall we attend to the issue at hand and not get side-tracked? undecided
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2022
ShoeWorld2:

How market? cheesy
Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by ShoeWorld2(m): 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

How market? cheesy
Fine bro and yours?

1 Like

Re: Toddler Starves To Death After Father Dies In Home Of Heart Disease by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2022
The cry of a 3yr old child would be loud enough for those in the environment to hear. Hopefully they are sure someone didn't cause their death.

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Most Creative Maternity Photo Shoot. / Why Should Somebody Wish His Or Her Marriage Partner Dead, L Am Just Wondering. / Strictly For Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.