Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,166 members, 7,845,832 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd (1691 Views)

New Nigerian Navy Ship Stops Over In Ghana. Greeted By Ghanaian Officials / Rabiu Kwankwaso's Presidential Declaration In Abuja (Photos) / Governor Udom Emmanuel's Second Term Declaration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by AmazingELixir: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2022
FORGET MY SUPPORT IF YOU THINK OTHER TRIBES CAN'T BE PRESIDENT -WIKE
Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that he will not support anybody who believes that only they, and not other ethnic groups, can produce the president of Nigeria.

Governor Wike made the declaration at the Rivers State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) 2023 election campaign flag-off rally that held at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Omagwa, Ikwerre Local Government Area of the State on Saturday.

The governor wondered why anybody could go on national television to deride any tribe, insinuating that they are less Nigerians and therefore, do not qualify, on ethnic basis, to ascend the presidency.

'My dear brothers of the integrity group, you've done well. They have tried to break us, they couldn't break us and they will never break us.

"But here in Rivers State, I will say it and let the heavens hear me. Let the earth hear me today. I will not support anybody who says that no other person from other ethnic groups can be president. I will not do it.

"I mean, Nigeria belongs to all of us whether you're from Hausa, Fulani whether you're from Yoruba, whether you're from Igbo, or you're from Ikwerre, whether you're from Urhobo, whether you're from Itsekiri, you're from Ijaw, or from anywhere, you are entitled to be president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

"So, when you go on national television and tell anybody, don't vote for the Yorubas, don't vote for the Igbos, you didn't even mention where I come from, which means, nobody identifies with me. Which means, I come from nowhere. But God knows that I come from some where."

Governor Wike explained that his stance has nothing to do with the party because he believes in the PDP.

But, he insisted that it is about the identity of a people who are Nigerians and therefore, should have equal status, no matter their ethic groups.

The governor said when people do not acknowledge that you exist, there is need to tell such persons that you do exist.

According to him, the people of Rivers State do exist and as Nigerians they can also determine issues about the presidency, and become the president of Nigeria too.

"You are saying it, don't vote for Igbos, don't vote for the Yorubas. You don't mention where I come from which means I don't exist.

"God, are you alive and they say I don't exist? I exist. God has never made a mistake in life. He is the one who said where we should come from? It has nothing to do with party. It has to do with my identity."

Governor Wike challenged Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, the national chairman of PDP to sue him if he is not corrupt as accused, over the diversion of N1billion, N100million, and money realised from the party primaries.

The Rivers State governor, informed that Dr. Ayu is already building a private university from the proceeds of corruption and insisted that such person cannot lead Rivers State to any campaign.

"I have challenged Ayu, you are corrupt and cannot lead me to campaign. I will not, Rivers State will not, whether they like it or not, Ayu cannot lead us to campaign. Ayu is corrupt."

He further added, "You (Ayu) are building a university in Benue State, but you have not stayed one year in office. How do you fight corruption? I said you took N1billion, I told you, you took N100million, I told you, you took the money that we realised from the primary, Ayu sue me."

The governor told Rivers people that PDP governorship candidate for the 2023 gubernatorial election is Siminalaye Fubara, and all Rivers people who are satisfied and attest to the quality services he has rendered in office will join to deliver Fubara as the winner of the election.

In his speech, Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom said governor Wike earned their respect for showing exemplary leadership. According to him, all G-5 governors have chosen to work with him since they believe in equity, fairness and justice.

On his part, Enugu State governor, Ífeanyi Ugwuanyi stated his support to the Sim-project which, will consolidate the New Rivers Vision and guarantee continual delivery of democratic dividend to Rivers people.

The Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu spoke and urged all Rivers people to support to deliver Fubara who will continue in the Wike's trajectory of growth, development and progress for Rivers State.

Also speaking, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State expressed the hope that Rivers State will continue in their tradition of delivering all PDP candidates as known since 1999.

PDP deputy national chairman (South), Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja, expressed optimism that the party will win all elective positions in the 2023 general elections.

Arapaja commended the G-5 governors for their unwavering commitment to the party.

On his part, former governor of Ekiti State Ayodele Fayose urged the national leadership of PDP to use the available time to ensure that true reconciliation was achieved, before it is too late.

In his speech, Rivers State PDP governorship candidate, Siminalaye Fubara declared he will consolidate the successes of the Wike's administration in all sectors when elected into office.

"It's a day that we have all decided to support, to consolidate on that New Rivers vision and your support for consolidation of New Rivers vision is SIM."

Rivers State PDP chairman, Ambassador Desmond Akawor described Fubara as educated, young and a technocrat who will take the State from where it is now to another height of prosperity.

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by AmazingELixir: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2022

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by AmazingELixir: 8:24am On Nov 20, 2022
Ouch!

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by AmazingELixir: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2022
Ah!

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Gracesynty(f): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2022
Other parties candidate please don't look at all this because they are displaying theirs now,
Proudly labour party so am not minding because the winning team is ours cool

1 Like

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by AmazingELixir: 8:28am On Nov 20, 2022
grin

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by AmazingELixir: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2022
Quite colourful I might add
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by rolams(m): 8:37am On Nov 20, 2022
The five noisemakers! I pity Makinde. If he Bleep himself up, Wike can't safe him oo!

I just like the co contestants in the APC presidential primary election. Na men Dem be.

I like Fayose for his comment, he has been saying this for a while now. He understands what division can cause them

No noise everybody just maintain their stand with scope.

By God's grace, the best candidate will emerge regardless of the party he belongs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Asgard73: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2022
After all rant and media noise

Ayu still remain his chairman grin

We await Pdp presidential rally in Rivers state …

E go loud

Love the way the wailing Waller keep making all internet noise .. with no reply from any stakeholders

He go wail tire …

Wike never see anything … he go cry blood join .. witch hunting

Atiku no get Opposition..

Power to the people
North 2023

E too clear

3 Likes

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by PrinceOfLagos: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2022
Wike and the G5 governors will work for Peter Obi

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Asgard73: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2022
rolams:
The five noisemakers! I pity Makinde. If he Bleep himself up, Wike can't safe him oo!

I just like the co contestants in the APC presidential primary election. Na men Dem be.

No noise everybody just maintain their stand with scope.

After February ,same people wey Dey hail the fool now go abuse am tire

For this same Nairaland street

Power to the people
PDP!!

1 Like

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by rolams(m): 8:47am On Nov 20, 2022
Asgard73:

Power to the people
PDP!!

Hahaha!

1 Like

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by FrancescoFarino(f): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2022
so ikwerre isn't Igbo
nawa oo
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2022
Funny
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Asgard73: 8:56am On Nov 20, 2022
rolams:

Hahaha!

Walahi

One thing is certain

Wike is on his own… the Yoruba media giving him highligh is all he wants

Nothing else

Bro tell me.. how he’s dealing with Atiku .. when all he does is to sing Atiku and Ayu up and dan and still none of them or Pdp stakeholders send am

Ayu still dey dance for rally and will purge all structures after election after February

Wetin come be his gain?

Yet you see fools hailing a drowning man

Ugwuanyi and Makinde wise pass the idiot .. I just can’t wait for this elections February

Na votes go shut all amateur nairaland permutations and media noise

PDP no get Opposition.. no be by media and 600 likes or 1000 likes

Na by votes eh… votes ..

Atiku no get Opposition till 2027 ..

Fools will be shock and will still defend him

North 2023

E to sure

1 Like

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Honjoshy4u: 9:14am On Nov 20, 2022
Wike and his co bands should do their worst, Ayu will not resign until after the election. And Wike will never be given the opportunity to control the party anymore.

1 Like

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by boogietrends: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2022
Wike is right Atiku is desperately tribalistic to become president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWw01Z1se0

Telling northerners to vote only Fulani in a multiethnic country like Nigeria is going overboard.
He is the real UNIFIRE that can't unite his party not minding Nigeria.
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by ufuosman(m): 9:51am On Nov 20, 2022
Gracesynty:
Other parties candidate please don't look at all this because they are displaying theirs now,
Proudly labour party so am not minding because the winning team is ours cool
all dis is not for presidential election bt for state. Wike want to deliver all the state flag bearers

Rivers state is fully Obi-dient
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by ufuosman(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2022
Asgard73:

E go loud

Love the way the wailing Waller keep making all internet noise .. with no reply from any stakeholders

He go wail tire …

Power to the people
North 2023

E too clear
5 governors is not on his side u think it will be that easy?
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by ufuosman(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2022
Asgard73:

Power to the people
PDP!!
Ayu is not a Governor. Party do hv issues is normal, bt atiku really fail to handle dis issue. All dis suppose to be round table matter. Wot stop atiku to visit d G5 governors with his vice and same ayu to resolve dis
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by ufuosman(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Wike and his co bands should do their worst, Ayu will not resign until after the election. And Wike will never be given the opportunity to control the party anymore.
control no control they all need each other
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by ufuosman(m): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2022
Impressive
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Honjoshy4u: 10:02am On Nov 20, 2022
ufuosman:
control no control they all need each other
Wike and Ortom hate Atiku, if their desire is to control PDP because Wike loss Election/VP slot according to Ortom, let them do their worst.
Who go win, go win.
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Asgard73: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2022
ufuosman:
5 governors is not on his side u think it will be that easy?

Who tell you say five governor dey with Wike ?

No worries bro .. February is here already

You will understand politcs

Beside what’s the politcal weight of those governors grin
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Tinubuadvocate: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2022
Did Atiku still have loyalties in river state. Ameachi seems not even relevant in the state anymore. He has already given up.
Asgard73:

E go loud

He go wail tire …

Power to the people
North 2023

E too clear
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Asgard73: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2022
ufuosman:
Ayu is not a Governor. Party do hv issues is normal, bt atiku really fail to handle dis issue. All dis suppose to be round table matter. Wot stop atiku to visit d G5 governors with his vice and same ayu to resolve dis

Is the media that’s making Wike wail..

Giving him highlights

Bro Wike is inconsequential to PDP… na why no single Pdp stakeholder will take him serious ..

Not even from his state …

Na only those he made are singing his noise .. no Pdp politcal stakeholder from rivers state .. none ! Is with Wike

Why should Atiku beg am?

Bro a million Wike no reach one Atiku.. physically, spiritually, financially..

Dem no be mates for anywhere

Na why Wike noise is allowed .. a child crying for his biscuit that was taken from him..

He’s a drowimg man..

Looking for associates

No be same Wike insult Obi for channels television before primaries

No be same Wike Dey abuse igbos and Apc government

No be same Wike been Dey your northern Nigeria

They north has rejected him and killed his ambition

Guy man need noise to catch up..

We Dey silent dey observe

PDP presidential rally will hit portharxut .. Wike will disappear.. cos of shame ..

Na here you go read am ..

North 2023 is so so certain .. insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by ufuosman(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2022
Asgard73:

Who tell you say five governor dey with Wike ?

No worries bro .. February is here already

You will understand politcs

Beside what’s the politcal weight of those governors grin
bro don't look down on any governor wen it comes to vote, atiku today is hoping for bulk votes in the north is because of the alignment with d governors. So they hv weight. For the 5 governors all may not be with wike bt wike hv force in rivers state and u know d populations in rivers, is beta they settle don't look down on anyone wen u need people to push u up
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Asgard73: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Did Atiku still have loyalties in river state. Ameachi seems not even relevant in the state anymore. He has already given up.

All Pdp stakeholders in rivers are all pro Atiku

Observe his state rally.. how many Pdp stakeholders were present ?

Na only his boys .. new faces that he push funds are the humans dancing

No worry Atiku presidential rally go soon reach rivers

You will understand difference … between party stake holders and money noise

Na Yoruba media dey give Wike highlights for a soft landing in rivers ..

Nobody really cares of his cries ..

Na why he will wail till eternity and no single Pdp chieftain or Atiku will respond .. nobody cares except Yoruba media

Ayu remains his party chairman.. and this is the reality Wike no fit help.
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Asgard73: 10:19am On Nov 20, 2022
ufuosman:
bro don't look down on any governor wen it comes to vote, atiku today is hoping for bulk votes in the north is because of the alignment with d governors. So they hv weight. For the 5 governors all may not be with wike bt wike hv force in rivers state and u know d populations in rivers, is beta they settle don't look down on anyone wen u need people to push u up

Atiku is contesting for the president of Nigeria ..
Not governor of rivers state

36 states .. rivers is jus one state

Udom is richer than Wike .. same with Okowa .. and they deliver more votes than rivers ..

Bro understand why Pdp is not interested in his noise

More than 30% is gurrantee in rivers already..

Do you know how many northern governors is working for Atiku already.

Atiku no just get opposition

No worries February is here

A Ayu remains his chairman till he change party
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by Tinubuadvocate: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2022
Will you shut up you there.
Asgard73:

All Pdp stakeholders in rivers are all pro Atiku

Observe his state rally.. how many Pdp stakeholders were present ?

Na only his boys .. new faces that he push funds are the humans dancing

No worry Atiku presidential rally go soon reach rivers

You will understand difference … between party stake holders and money noise

Na Yoruba media dey give Wike highlights for a soft landing in rivers ..

Nobody really cares of his cries ..

Na why he will wail till eternity and no single Pdp chieftain or Atiku will respond .. nobody cares except Yoruba media

Ayu remains his party chairman.. and this is the reality Wike no fit help.
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by ufuosman(m): 10:22am On Nov 20, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

Wike and Ortom hate Atiku, if their desire is to control PDP because Wike loss Election/VP slot according to Ortom, let them do their worst.
Who go win, go win.
who go win go win bt na with votes na grin election normally not everyone will be on ur side bt with so many try to settle all party issues
Re: PDP : Governorship Declaration In Rivers Greeted By A Behemoth Crowd by slivertongue: 10:22am On Nov 20, 2022
God bless the people's man

(1) (2) (Reply)

PMB To Attend 10 States APC Presidential Campaign Rallies / Nextier Poll: Peter Obi Defeats Atiku, Tinubu, Kwankwaso (Pix) / Just Saw A Video Of A Rich Northerner Coming To Deposit 50 Million Naira In CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.