Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,875 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) (31916 Views)

Two Corps Members Die As Vehicle Plunges Into River In Enugu (Photos) / The Kainji Dam In Pictures / Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2022
Rikze:
Too bad

But how could golf carry so many persons like that...?

Or are my the one missing it? "They discovered that an unregistered Golf Wagon car from Kano, heading to Katsina, plunged into Fada dam. Twelve unidentified persons were rescued on the spot," Nine died on the spot, was the car conveying 12 persons to Katsina?

Overloading reduces chances of survival in cases like this.
When i served in the north, dem deh carry passengers for booth with the boot still closed!
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by kernniejay(m): 11:18am On Nov 21, 2022
BeuHarry:

1 driver and 2 passengers in front
4 women and 2 babies at the back seat
3 men in the boot, stacked alongside luggage.

If you have lived or visited the north, you would understand this formation
That's more reason diseases are highly contagious faster in the north.

1 Like

Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by atheistandproud(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2022
LaIabobo:

Correct.
I remember years ago in Kano when one driver opened boot for me to enter shocked God forbid. I was shocked to find out it's a regular thing.
Sometimes they'll even carry 4 in front. One passenger seats with the driver and another 2 in the front seat.

Funny enough, there're checkpoints on the road, but overloading is seen as a norm. Even the normal buses within Kano used to have passengers sit on the bus engines.

You remind me of my time in Sokoto

kernniejay:

That's more reason diseases are highly contagious faster in the north.

The concept of personal space doesn't apply there. Them like gumbody too and can hardly ever keep quiet.

tsdarkside:
ehen,when you tell them to dont import every rubbish from western nations,they will not listen....

he don happen again....

not even registered....
you live lawless,you die lawless....

sad.... undecided undecided

The vehicle has a Nigér license plate. It's a Nigérien vehicle

Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by iHateFraudsters: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2022
13 people all crammed into that car??
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
All these satchet gin drivers.
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Naijatalkies(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2022
How can golf wagon convey 12 pple.... Anything seems possible in Nigeria...
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Olas121: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2022
Rip
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Happened: 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2022
alizma:
This people e, abeg how twelve people take enter that golf, 10 adults and two kids, how?
Well, may Daily Prayers God forgive their errors and grant them eternal rest in peace. Amen
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Were they on excursion?

Unregistered vehicle conveying passengers?

How did they drive so close to the dam to the extent of plunging into it?

Could it have been a case of kidnapping gone wrong?

NPF don’t have what it takes to unravel this except by issuing statements.

RIP to the dead

All your points are valid.

I also want to add, 12 people in a VW GOLF?!?!?!

WTF!!!!
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Geesunny: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2022
yosmen:
Rip...God save us from ember month evil
There's nothing like ember month evil. Don't accident happen in March,June..?
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Were they on excursion?

Could it have been a case of kidnapping gone wrong?

NPF don’t have what it takes to unravel this except by issuing statements.

RIP to the dead

1. I think the car is new henche the reason why it is not registered (Nigerians and lawlessness)

2. The dam is so close to the main road, safety iron bars were old and rusty.

3. They are multiples potholes around that axis, probably a case of burst tyres perhaps.

4. Lack of Emergency rescue
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by TheAdvocate(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Were they on an excursion?

Could it have been a case of a kidnapping gone wrong?

NPF doesn’t have what it takes to unravel this except by issuing statements.

RIP to the dead

The dam is by the roadside. You use a bridge over the dam to pass through. I know because I serve my NYSC in Gwarzo in 2006.
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
A vehicle for 5person end up carrying 9victims FRSC,police don't work in the north.
Re: Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos) by Ijb11: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2022
Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules / Man's SUV Bashed By A Truck At Emohua, Rivers, Comes Out Unhurt / United Nigeria Airlines To BeginOperation On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.