Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,510 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion (12234 Views)

Work Resumes On Lagos Canal After PUNCH Report / Lagos DPO's Missing Pistol: Police Release Lady, Removes DPO Over PUNCH's Report / Sanwo-Olu Won't Escape Probe After COVID-19 Pandemic - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Antoeni(m): 7:50am On Nov 21, 2022
I See “End LASTMA “ Loading..,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by amsomebody(m): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2022
I wonder what Sanwo-Olu is doing about those rascals called LASTMA. I remember how the fools took my car at Oshodi.

Those ones at Oshodi behave like thugs. They operate with policemen that carry guns to scare motorists. I ended up paying 15k before they released my car.

Sanwo-Olu needs to do something about LASTMA, especially those at Oshodi. Those guys are nothing but thugs and criminals.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by emperorlaqrin: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2022
Nonsense! As if they are not aware of there activities. I can recall my several experience with one Johnson led team , An Indian hemp smoker by name Badejo at oshodi as well as the insulting stupid man always standing a National after IKEJA Along.

Anyway as stupid as most of them are I was able to meet some whom have sympathy for people unfortunately I can’t remember the boss who led that teams name. May God bless that team wherever they are

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by emperorlaqrin: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2022
amsomebody:
I wonder what Sanwo-Olu is doing about those rascals called LASTMA. I remember how the fools took my car at Oshodi.

Those ones at Oshodi behave like thugs. They operate with policemen that carry guns to scare motorists. I ended up paying 15k before they released my car.

Sanwo-Olu needs to do something about LASTMA, especially those at Oshodi. Those guys are nothing but thugs and criminals.

80% of them are thugs honestly. I just mentioned below of that oshodi team as well. Those ones na criminal

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by FireUpNow(m): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2022
Is he not aware of how LASTMA officials go about extorting drivers in Lagos State? He should stop playing to the gallery.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by muhdaliyuh: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2022
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by tfelicityk(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2022
Let wait and see the outcome of the acclaimed investigation panel constituted.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by abbeyfel: 8:39am On Nov 21, 2022
Tolumiide:

Sorry about your experience. They've collected ₦23000 from me too at that Oshodi office, and I paid their useless vulcaniser a mandatory ₦1000. If you go there everyday, you will see alot of frustrated motorists there everyday, our government can not claim they don't know about their activities, I don't believe that. There's a no snapping of pictures instructions by the management at the right hand side of the compound. So you're not allowed to make record.
This uprising will bring out the beast in us soon! They are doing more evil. Infact, there is no good LASTMA is doing in lagos. They hectic traffic lagosians deal with everyday is a pointer to this fact! Thanks.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Gboom: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2022
Antoeni:
LASTMA has been extorting since it started. They are all Tinubu's political thug Structure
Omo yiibo ti pe l'Eko.
You must be one of those miscreants to know the kinds of forceful levy they usually collect
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Konjiboii: 8:56am On Nov 21, 2022
Abeg make we hear word, as if it's not the oga at the top instructing their minions

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by iwaeda: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2022
Antoeni:

https://punchng.com/lastma-orders-probe-after-punch-report-on-extortion/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668997915

Oreagba can drive to Iyana-Oworo without his uniform. Or Allen junction. Pretending he doesn't know the evil by LASTMA. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Mrtaye: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2022
abbeyfel:
Recently, my partner was operated for fibroid at an hospital at ikorodu. On a fateful day that I was to go pick her up from the hospital, I was driving through Oshodi so I decided to pick up some passengers to subsidise for fuel cause I've been so spent at the moment.

After picking up like just three passengers, the agbero boys asked for money, so I was like "with how many passengers now"? Omo the guys just went haywire, saying I was forming big boy for them, and next thing was to call one guy who just stood looking at us from a short distance. Next thing was guy showed up oo. I thought it was a joke, next was I found my car at the LASTMA office at oshodi.

I cried to use the emotional weapon cause I was truly distressed. Showed them the huge fibroid that was removed from my partner, even showed them her state at the hospital at that very moment. Omo this guys still collected 17k from me ooo. Hmmmm. I can't explain how I felt in words.

These guys are just evil. Most of them. They no longer manage the traffic they were set up to manage, now all they do is major in torturing and robbing honest working Citizens in the name of traffic offences!
You too why didn't you just give the agbero 100 to avoid the wahala
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by abbeyfel: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2022
Mrtaye:

You too why didn't you just give the agbero 100 to avoid the wahala
Didn't they say experience is the best teacher? One of the LASTMA officers said same, but that's all rubbish. It's the same evil menace we talking about here. Both the agbero and LASTMA.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by stephenponti(m): 9:33am On Nov 21, 2022
lastma criminal gangs
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Pharaohny: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2022
LASTMA want to raise funds for TINUBU campaign

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by amsomebody(m): 9:48am On Nov 21, 2022
Honestly, those guys are no different from thugs.
emperorlaqrin:
Nonsense! As if they are not aware of there activities. I can recall my several experience with one Johnson led team , An Indian hemp smoker by name Badejo at oshodi as well as the insulting stupid man always standing a National after IKEJA Along.

Anyway as stupid as most of them are I was able to meet some whom have sympathy for people unfortunately I can’t remember the boss who led that teams name. May God bless that team wherever they are

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Mrtaye: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2022
abbeyfel:
Didn't they say experience is the best teacher? One of the LASTMA officers said same, but that's all rubbish. It's the same evil menace we talking about here. Both the agbero and LASTMA.
Actually not holding brief for lastma but I also do transport so of I pick up passengers at iyana oworo to Berger the onus is for me to give agbero 100 naira whether na 3 or 4 passengers I carry to avoid see finish
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by bobbiiee: 9:54am On Nov 21, 2022
Sometimes in 2009, a Lasma officer and a military man jumped in from of my vehicle, stating that I violated the traffic light instruction. I said I didn't. I was asked to drive from the 3-way junction connecting Alausa, Agidingbi, and Obafemi Awolowo way to Alausa-Secretariat.

They collected the key and left me there. A thought came that I should walk up to a woman who runs a supermarket there. I told her my ordeal she said I shd buy N200 glo credit.

She called 2 members of the Lagos House of Assembly but there was no response. She concluded that they were probably having a session.

I met a young guy in the supermarket who asked me what happened and I explained. He asked if I knew the military guy that brought me here, I said yes. He said, go give him the phone. When you get there tell him tell him SUPO 49 wants to talk to him. He said don't worry I know all their commands.

The moment I sighted the military man I call the man I met in the supermarket on phone, the officer said, "what, what, " I said SUPO 49 wants to talk to you. He started chorusing yes sir, yes sir.

The rest was history. They inflated my tyre. I was out of the place in immediately. Most Lastma officers are not different from agent of the devil.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Aladiautos(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2022
Very accurate
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Senator777: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2022
Each bus stop has a criminal that is collecting LASTMA money from drivers that enter the bus stop .

If you don't give them money, your vehicle will be a target next time you use the bus stop.

Iyanaworo and alapere outward Lagos for example.

Iyanaworo LASTMA will even arrest you inside the bus stop.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by 9gerian: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2022
Very true!

First hand observation: lastma deliberately allows commercial vehicles and tricycles to take one way, even on bridges, regularly to help mislead and apprehend private vehicles who mistakenly follow after seeing lastma allow the commercial vehicles (eg Cele/Okota bridge and environs). This appears to be their biggest stock in trade. They probably extort millions from private vehicles daily as a result.

Another area is Adeniran Ogunsanya roundabout at Bode Thomas, during slow moving periods daily, the lastma officials there record the change of traffic lights only and then argue that the vehicle arrived at the roundabout after green changes to red rather mischievously since there slow moving traffic necessitating a slowdown. Just to mention a few.

Can never feel sorry for the governor if he loses the election. The deliberate and unwarranted victimization of private citizens is just too much. People now avoid certain areas as a result.

Antoeni:
LASTMA is An Evil Agency of Lagos State Government, Whose Major Task Has Now Became to iHarass And Extort Motorists in Lagos Especially Privately Owed Vehicles Thereby Causing Torment & Torture

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by stacyadams: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2022
Macphenson:
These criminals have become a thorn in the flesh of Lagos motorists.

I remember a day I was driving to airport. On getting to UBA headquaters on the bridge, they carried their nail under my tire, that one leg of my tire is in the line marked for people going down to Marina. I was shocked. They jumped into my car and said I should settle them 70k.

Then they brought one useless tout and he claimed he is a police inspector. With the way they were odering the idiot around, I knew he will never be a policeman. Later they told him to drive the car and collect the money from me.

The idiot was crusing with my Benz, driving inside Lagos Island and showing his.fellow touts he is crusing in Benz. We got to a place he parked for me to withdraw the.money from ATM, i shouted fire, fire, and jumped out of the car and he quickly followed.me, I turned round, entered the drivers side and drove off.

In as much as LASTMA is important in maitaining traffice order in Lagos, they have gone rogue, especially ever since Tinubu declared for presidency. When I was talking with those guys, they told me they are on target to raise funds for campaign.
. It started Even before their Oga declared for presidency....it became worst once ambode stepped down....its been going on ,but it go reach every body even those supporting the party.....go to nnpc ejigbo traffic light, go to Ikeja under bridge traffic light,go to obakran traffic if u want to see how bad it is.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by RealTalkNoBull: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
Why is Nigeria so lawless? Why can’t they go hard on extortion and start jailing culprits?
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by abbeyfel: 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2022
Mrtaye:

Actually not holding brief for lastma but I also do transport so of I pick up passengers at iyana oworo to Berger the onus is for me to give agbero 100 naira whether na 3 or 4 passengers I carry to avoid see finish
But I don't do transport! That was my first time trying that ever, and it happened to me under duress. You may not understand sha.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by fencewireman(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2022
The 7men panel is just kangaroo.
Why setting of 7men from Lastma agency.
If you are serious with your investigation, draw your panel across CLO .
It's then you can get fact not among the Lastma official.
Blind person know that extortion is normal norm with Lastma official.
No body is even picking the phone number stated to submit evidence from the public.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by drololaaof: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2022
[quote author=Antoeni
Why not set up neutral and separate body?
Some of the lanes are not properly demarcated eg Maryland to Ojota lane .
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by AfonjaPriest: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2022
Antoeni:

https://punchng.com/lastma-orders-probe-after-punch-report-on-extortion/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1668997915
LASTMA officers are Agberos in official executive uniforms. The agency is another branch under Tinubu's Ministry of Extortion.
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by Mrtaye: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2022
abbeyfel:
But I don't do transport! That was my first time trying that ever, and it happened to me under duress. You may not understand sha.
No wahala just take heart
Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by AfonjaPriest: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
LASTMA officers are Agberos in official executive uniforms. The agency is another branch under Tinubu's Ministry of Extortion.

Antoeni:

Re: LASTMA Orders Probe After Punch Report On Extortion by bablon20(m): 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
Until when the citizen of Lagos start taking laws into their hands by killing these lastmen with their vehicle they will never stop because they have seen these extortions as avenue for cool money and it'll be very difficult for them to stop. They have made me seen hell and each time they catch me I always pened down their names. Here are the names of notorious & criminal elements among d lasman officers in d Sagamu road & Ile epo axis are: otulaja (popularly known as laja), moliki, kutere, osinuga, arapasanwo, adaran, laduga, Olusola, magbemi to mention a few. These people engage in illegal duties by arresting/extorting motorists as early and 4-5am, they have thugs who r always in mufti working with them, these r d ones who keep all their bribes for them. Pls let's watchout for these people and let's kill them one by one, they don't deserve to live because they all lack human sympathy. Calling their toll lines will be efforts in futity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Assembly, Stop Approving Buhari’s Loans - Punch Editorial / N.L.C Strike: Schools In Ibadan Shut Down, Students Sent Home / BREAKING: Speaker House Of Rep Dogara Bows To Pressure, Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.