Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs (22395 Views)

Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Vs Customs: Court Awards N5m Against Nigerian Customs / Two Tired Masquerades Hanging At The Back Of A Bus In Enugu / 12 Things Nigerian Customs Service Wants You To Know About Clearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by 4kizo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pwettylinda:
Pls mod help me push this to the right section cool

A friend of mine sent me a package using USPS (United States Postal services). And he sent me the tracking number.

The package arrived Nigeria with 5 days, the tracking status shows it is with the customs.

Custom processing
Op dm let's talk
That's my line of business
Clearing agency

This is about 10 days after arrival, status still says custom processing.

Confused right now, how do I get the items.

How long does custom processing takes?
And what does it mean

Help pls....running out of patience undecided
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by 4kizo(m): 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
Op dm, that's my line of work
Clearing agent
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by ello29(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pwettylinda:

A friend of mine sent me a package using USPS (United States Postal services). And he sent me the tracking number.

The package arrived Nigeria with 5 days, the tracking status shows it is with the customs.

Custom processing

You have to go clear your goods or items with the custom else you will loose that item.

And what does it mean

Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Igbojihadist: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. If you are in abuja, contact ordinary president, they will help you recover it. Ordinary president is the founder of brekete radio and tv. You can watch brekete live from mondays to saturdays from 7am to 10am. They fight injustices in d society. Helping those who can't fight for them selves. You can watch them on facebook and youtube. If you need his whatsapp number, let me know
help me with berekete number
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by TIDDOLL(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Okay thanks

Are your items heavy to have gulped such amount?
Not at all...
It only weighed 2kg...
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by EbenG(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2022
@Pwettylinda
Pls keep us updated with the actions you take.

I wish you well
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by danigbo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
Customs wants you to pay duties .I bought machine parts that is not up to 60k from china. I paid the courier company 100 dollars but when it got to Lagos they siezed it and asked me to pay 240k. The worst thing is that you will pay the money to the courier company account.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by rafcrown(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2022
I now know how Etiku become rich Not only kabukabu
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Mo10go(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2022
Good evening bruuh, I work with FedEx and I understand your pains, firstly, if your item is a DG Dangerous goods it will very difficult for you to receive it, I'll advise u to find a UPS staff or an agent which know better about international shipment or you can contact me.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Pwettylinda(f): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
EbenG:
@Pwettylinda

I wish you well

I will
Thanks
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Bizgold: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Is the freight Door to door or Door to Airport..... If it's Door to door the courier should have called your if you have Duty and othe clearing bill to pay before bring to you.

If it's door to Airport should give the tracking number to a clearing agent to get it for you.

Nextime understand this, so you can give the tracking number to an agent before arrival is more easier to clear then.
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Bizgold: 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
Sorry. That where they make their money. Next contact me to advise more how to go about it..... Some you do form M or a waiver depend on the item and the amount.

danigbo:
Customs wants you to pay duties .I bought machine parts that is not up to 60k from china. I paid the courier company 100 dollars but when it got to Lagos they siezed it and asked me to pay 240k. The worst thing is that you will pay the money to the courier company account.
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by UNDFTD: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Custom processing

I you believe in ONE NIGERIA, this is what you signed up for...a hopeless and useless place where NOTHING ever works like it is supposed to! I can bet you that by the time you receive your package, all the valuables in it would be long gone and that's if you ever get to see the package.

And what does it mean

Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by UNDFTD: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Custom processing

And what does it mean

If you believe in ONE NIGERIA, this is what you signed up for...a hopeless and useless place where NOTHING ever works like it is supposed to! I can bet you that by the time you receive your package, all the valuables in it would be long gone and that's if you ever get to see the package.
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by infotainment(m): 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Custom processing

And what does it mean

U are just worrying over nothing, if u have the AWB, just go to USPS office and they will tell u what to do. If u are to pay any duty on it, pay and collect ur package.
Or better still engage a clearing agent and pay his bill.
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Truvelisback(m): 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2022
So, the Prince of Persia has finally succeeded in holding ur angel who wants to bring ur Package in hostage. Nawa ooo!

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Skyeline: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
Good day to you, kindly give Us a call and we can help sort it out for you…..07083900412
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Bfly: 6:37am On Nov 24, 2022
The "package" word is too ambiguous for anyone to give you a help.
Next time, give the exact name of the item.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Pwettylinda(f): 7:45am On Nov 24, 2022
infotainment:

U are just worrying over nothing, if u have the AWB, just go to USPS office and they will tell u what to do. If u are to pay any duty on it, pay and collect ur package.
Or better still engage a clearing agent and pay his bill.

What's AWB??
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Kinzo0917(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2022
Igbojihadist:
help me with berekete number
. Sorry for replying you late. Whatsapp ordinary president or send an audio voice or note with your complaint to 07040408060.Dont call the number because he won't pick it. I pray he sees your message and respond to you accordingly. You can check him out on twitter @ordinary ahmad isah. Goodluck
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Igbojihadist: 4:31am On Dec 10, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. Sorry for replying you late. Whatsapp ordinary president or send an audio voice or note with your complaint to 07040408060.Dont call the number because he won't pick it. I pray he sees your message and respond to you accordingly. You can check him out on twitter @ordinary ahmad isah. Goodluck
thanks for that
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Kinzo0917(m): 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2022
Igbojihadist:
thanks for that
. You are welcome
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Pwettylinda(f): 3:40am On Dec 19, 2022
EbenG:
@Pwettylinda

I wish you well

I just checked today and Here is the status

Your item cleared customs in NIGERIA at 1:00 pm on December 16, 2022.
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by EbenG(m): 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
Pwettylinda:

I just checked today and Here is the status

Your item cleared customs in NIGERIA at 1:00 pm on December 16, 2022.
Wow! So you've not received those items till now? It's taking longer time o shocked
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by Originalsly: 2:29am On Dec 20, 2022
Bro.... either way.... this is Christmas Season... Peak Season .... a whole lot of parcels and same Customs staff.... the parcel will take longer for Customs check. When done it will be released to NIPOST and from that point you can continue to track. How much longer depends on your location.... if you are in Lagos or a large city it will be delivered faster than if you're in a small town or rural area. If you ever want a parcel delivered quickly then ask the sender to mail it USPS International Express ... but it will cost you an arm and a leg ... depending on weight and location.... by FedEx ... both arms and both legs minimum.
Re: HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs by sleekender(m): 10:14am On Apr 08
What are the smarter ways? I have a shipment stuck for 60 days and no feedback yet.

how do i go about it?

Emmyzgold:

I think this all depends on who is handing it for you. There are smarter ways to boycott all those protocols and delays

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria / Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience / Passengers Injured As Bus Veers Off The Road And Lands Into A Ditch. Photos

Viewing this topic: Iamphaith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.