Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination (25346 Views)

SD Huesca Replies Nwakali Over Contract Termination Row / I Hope To Return To Madrid Soon - Ronaldo After Receiving MARCA Legend Award / Jose Mourinho Praises Ronaldo After His Historical Hat-Trick Against Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Footballisfun: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo will not receive any payoff from Manchester United following his contract termination with the club.

Both United and Ronaldo only wanted a clean slate to respect the 37-year-old’s history at the club, reports Fabrizio Romano.

United terminated Ronaldo’s contract by mutual consent after it was reported days ago that they were exploring the possibility.

The striker will leave the Old Trafford club with immediate effect following his interview with Piers Morgan.

A club statement read: “Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect.

“The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future.

“Everyone at Manchester United remains focused on continuing the team’s progress under Erik ten Hag and working together to deliver success on the pitch.”

Ronaldo said in the Piers Morgan interview that he is blamed for all that has gone wrong at the club, with the Old Trafford outfit forcing him out.

He said: “Yes, they [United] are trying to force me out. Not only the coach [Ten Hag], but two or three other guys around the club.

“I feel that some people didn’t want me at Manchester United, not only this year but last season too.

“The fans should know the truth. I want the best for the club. This is why I come to Manchester United.

“I am giving this interview, because I think it’s the right time to speak my mind.

“I felt betrayed. Honestly, I shouldn’t say that … but, listen, I don’t care, I’m always… People should listen to the truth.”

Ronaldo said he loves United and the fans, but it’s the right time for him to seek a new challenge.

He said: “Following conversations with Manchester United we have mutually agreed to end our contract early.

“I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change. However, it feels like the right time for me to seek a new challenge.

“I wish the team every success for the remainder of the season and for the future.”

SOURCE

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Urheadmaster(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2022
cool

Cristiano Ronaldo is bigger than the payoff.

Manchester United FC can as well use the payoff to purchase new striker and defenders tongue

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by MightyHand(m): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
WIN WIN for both United and Cr7

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by ominilongest(m): 6:20am On Nov 23, 2022
Does e look like someone that need 16m$?

Modified: Pessi fans crying on my mention its just a simple question Damn

The money he earned on instagram will cover up Infact e go still remain TALKESS of...

Are u guys insane or what?? Na Cristiano Rinaldo o no be Ahmed musa.

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by BogitechNG(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2022
ominilongest:
Does e look like someone that need 16m$?
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2022
Personally I'm not happy cr7 is parting way like ds with ManU. Good luck to him

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by aylive02(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2022
grin

Story. A finished goat like Tinubu the master scoundrel.

Urchins how far?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by tishbite41(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Senior man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Imustreturn(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Agbado club. Now I can go back in supporting my man

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by ShoeWorld2(m): 8:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Ororo is bigger than the payoff and won't even bother himself about it.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Apart from a few, most people with low self esteem are the ones attacking CR7.

Those people full nairaland, they're the type that their boss will treat them like shit and they can't open their mouth to say Jack.

Then every Friday, they'll come to Nairaland to open threads like " My boss said if I don't allow him kpokpo my wife, he'll sack me" .

But on Ronaldo's case, they suddenly became online warriors, running their mouth like Sterling on the Left wing.

englishmart:
Ronaldo is far bigger than Manchester United.
Now that Manchester United is up for sale, he should lobby with friends to raise money, buy the club and give it to Georgina for hairdressing salon

Awon eleyi wan para gan grin

OvertheTop:

Can You Hold an press Interview to Express Your Grievances about Your Current Office Boss/ Supervisor OR the CEO of your Company?
Be Sincere

After That Interview, You are as Good as Fired!

Whether or not you hold the press conference isn't the issue, I mean you could let your boss kpokpo your wife, and he'll still sack you. The issue is are you man enough to confront him regardless of the outcome?

You see why I said the people that have a problem with what Ronaldo did are those with low self esteem.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Tessyy1701: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by festacman(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2022
“In my life, the best timing is always my timing,” - Cristiano Ronaldo

No player is greater than the club but every big brand deserves respect for its value.

What fan protests couldn't achieve, it took a Ronaldo's FRANK interview to achieve: Glazers selling Manchester United. It says a lot about who loves the club more.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by bageork(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2022
Ronaldo that has already left oltra Ford
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by englishmart(m): 8:33am On Nov 23, 2022
Ronaldo is far bigger than Manchester United.
Now that Manchester United is up for sale, he should lobby with friends to raise money, buy the club and give it to Georgina for hairdressing salon

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by jaxxy(m): 8:34am On Nov 23, 2022
shitty club. Ive never seen a club that disrespect its No1 player talkless of club with shitty players that's struggling to win a championship in over 6 years.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by MacDani(m): 8:34am On Nov 23, 2022
cool cool shocked grin
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2022
Learnt he's coming to Chelsea

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by MrBONE2(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2022
grin
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Angelfrost(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2022
"Ronaldo said he loves United and the fans, but it’s the right time for him to seek a new challenge."

Always seeking a new challenge when the current club no longer meets his personal needs.

Why not sincerely admit that you seek greener pastures?!! A club that will enable you add more goals to your personal stats.

Well, we look forward to the "New Challenge"! I wish him more success!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Thryphosa(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2022
He is made already! The money means nothing to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Harrynight(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2022
shocked

The next chapter for Cristiano?
Play in the Champions League?
Play for Money? To continue playing somewhere with a nice climate?

It depends on what his motivation is.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by timefarm(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2022
Because it is mutual agreement.

If it were he didnot agree, they have to pay it.

If I were the manager, i will keep paying him and put him on a bench.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by SyrusdeHansome(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2022
aylive02:
grin

Story. A finished goat like Tinubu the master scoundrel.

Urchins how far?
Are u referring to the finished goat that lost yesterday to minnows?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by sylve11: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2022
Him don go, him don go. cool
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Fallout: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2022
SIUUU
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by Blackman101: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2022
should have let him retire in the club
Re: Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination by saint2ace(m): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2022
Footballisfun:

SOURCE

OP what's the correlation between your header and what you posted.

Can we see details of the termination letter/contract between both entities, I would love to see the details where it's stated he won't be paid or do we just enjoy sensational posting.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simy Nwankwo Equals Aiyegbeni’s Decade-old Goalscoring Record / 2018 World Cup: Rohr Warns Girls Not To Visit Super Eagles Players / Kamaru Usman and Isreal Adesanya take pictures with their UFC belts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.